Replies

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    A decade's accomplishments in very quick retrospect:

- 2010 finished university, got my driver's license
    - 2011 got married, moved to a new city
    - 2014 bought a house
    - 2016 went to Japan (a lifelong dream of mine)
    - 2019 lost 70 lbs

In the last decade I've owned 8 cars (I'm not rich, just unwise and unlucky), I've held 4 jobs, I've raised one spoiled cat, I learned a variety of armed martial arts, I was a bridesmaid at one wedding, I was in 6 car accidents, I lost my mom, caught pneumonia once, I re-did one kitchen floor, played hundreds of hours of video games and read more books than could possibly be counted.

It has been a decade of incredible highs and terrifying lows.

Bring it on, 2020!
  • cedarfoxy
    cedarfoxy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this. I read the last few pages and I understand that my first *official* weigh in isn't until the first full week of January, but is it acceptable to begin posting and doing the weekly challenges beginning tomorrow?
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    cedarfoxy wrote: »
    I'm new to this. I read the last few pages and I understand that my first *official* weigh in isn't until the first full week of January, but is it acceptable to begin posting and doing the weekly challenges beginning tomorrow?

Of course! We encourage everyone who joins to participate in everything they want, as much as they're comfortable. The only thing that officially changes at the official first week is that your numbers get added to the team's progress. You can weigh in earlier if you want to start in on that habit. It just won't change our team totals just yet.
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    deniners2 wrote: »
    @jugar. Since Sunday is the standard weigh in, I'll make your life easier & do Sundays also.

I'm not sure that Sunday is standard - we have people weighing on every day of the week! Each is as easy as the other. Just so you know, in our challenges Sunday is the first day of the week - so if you switch to Sunday, you will have your January week 1 weigh-in on January 5th. Saturday weigh-in would not be until the 11th.

It's up to you which is best -- some people like weighing in before the weekend (Friday is very popular!) and others during or after, to keep on track even on weekends. So let me know which day works best for you, and don't worry about making my life easier - any day is a good day :smiley:

I will do it on Sundays. I need to get on track ASAP!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I am so inspired by everyone's thoughts and stories as you reflect over the past year.

I have had a great year as well. I have made some big changes with work over the past year. I switched to part time and I also gave up my position as the lead occupational therapist. These were not easy changes to make and some of my coworkers didn't understand. It was really important to me to prioritize my health goals and keep my work life balance in check. These changes have been nothing short of amazing. I love my job again and have energy for myself and my family.

This year has brought many changes. I have lost 27 pounds, I eat better, exercise more and take better care of myself. I have embraced the idea that weight loss takes time and that's okay.

Next year I want to continue to lose as much weight as I can. I'm also waiting to be more consistent with workouts as this is my biggest weakness. I'm definitely a foodie and am always happiest when I get to eat really flavorful healthy food. I am hoping to cook more recipes from half baked harvest. I love all of her recipes that I've tried. They always have lots of vegetables and unique flavor combinations.

Excited for the new year!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    Happy last posts of 2019!

It has been quite the year. My daughter moved far away to Alberta last February, my mother-in-law passed away in June, my son moved out (close by at least!) a couple of weeks ago, and the seasons just seem to keep rolling by faster and faster.

I am so glad to have this team as an important part of my life. I have maintained a 40 pound weight loss for almost 8 years now, but I could not do it without the accountability and energy of all of you. I hope in the next few months to lose the last 5 pounds that will put me where I think would be best, but even if I stay around where I am now, it will be fine. I have learned a lot from everyone, learned how to ride the ups and downs, stick with it, and do it even when I really don't want to. Your voices are in my head. You remind me about the good decisions when I am slipping. You stand next to my exercise equipment, tipping your heads, and saying "what about it?" when I really don't feel like it. You kick the bottom of my comfy chair when I have been in it too long. You usually aren't there fast enough when I'm finishing the box of crackers or the amazing cookies, though. C'mon - get on the job!!

We are in this together and I am so glad you are there! Have a great end of 2019, and off into 2020 we go together. Thanks!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,259 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods I am right there with you with the exercise goal. That has been so hard for me to make a habit. I have a million excuses, but really do enjoy it when I make the time. So I’m aiming for at least 10 minutes a day to start. I’ll cheer you on.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    12/31 steps: 3,225
    “I used to have a problem eating sweets (or whatever)”. That’s a phrase which I find is very helpful while changing habits with ones which will get me closer to where I want to be. It allows for the less desireable behavior to be admitted honestly without the guilt trip. I now get to choose how I want it to be instead of letting the behavior run me around.
    Here’s to a new year with positive baby steps and love all around us.
    @jugar can’t wait to visit sometime soon for snowshoeing madness!
    Xoxo
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Here we go then, happy new year to one and all!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year! Happy new weight 192.8

Time for a celebratory walk!
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Ha! Up to 162.5 from 161. Wrong direction.
  • micki48
    Options
    Happy New Year!! Happy New you!!!

Great to be here with you all!

My intention this year is not only continued weight loss, but making exercise a habit.

@evelynladams527 You are right. Positive baby steps. I am aiming for at least 10 minutes a day of exercise for now. I am happy to report it is done ✅ for today.

•five morning Pilates exercises
    •upper body strength exercises

For a total of about 25 minutes.

Hope everyone makes it a great day!

@ejdp254 Good to see you here. 👋🏼
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy 2020!

We have another new member! Welcome to @mrslrucker - who has the honour of being our only Tuesday weigh-in so far (for some reason, that is always the day with the fewest!) AND she is our 3rd with a "mrs" to start her user name! I think @beka3695 is having fun assigning people to teams :wink:

Reminder for everyone:
    Our January challenge begins officially on SUNDAY Jan. 5. F2F weeks always run from Sunday - Saturday, and we force the months to start on the nearest Sunday to the 1st so that it all comes out even. This time, we forced December to have 5 weeks so that we could start January after all the crazy holidays when we can really get going on this new year, new decade.

If you have a Saturday weigh-in, you are always the people who cannot be late! I do the tallies first thing Sunday mornings, so all weights have to be up to date for the whole week by Saturday before you go to bed, wherever you live. It is always best to get your weigh-in done on time no matter which day you chose, but Saturday night is the limit for reporting (or really, really early Sunday morning!!)

TODAY'S WEIGH-INS: (Wednesday)
    @fourathomej
    @offitgoes
    @evelynladams527 - DONE! and WELL done!!! 180s this month, here you come!
    @Juliemargaretkim
  • micki48
    Options
    c54d1oh21om5.jpeg

Hi there steppers!!! Make sure you get your steps in this week. We are aiming for NO blank boxes. Come on. You can do it. And thanks to @evelynladams527 for getting those steps in daily.

Apparently I didn’t move much yesterday because when I checked this morning, I had 2,771 steps for the day. 🤪😂😴 I promise to be better today!!
  • jugar
    Options
    I'm getting out there on the snowshoes soon! I wish I could count those steps double :smiley: They sure get me puffing. But it is spectacularly beautiful in our woods right now. There are lovely little deer beds in the fresh snow, and all kinds of tracks everywhere.
  • micki48
    Options
    @jugar Share a photo please!!!
  • micki48
    Options
    @Terytha I’d loved to see progress photos of your 70 pound loss this year!!
This discussion has been closed.