1282930313234»

Replies

• 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 936 Member
    Friday check-in
    Food: On plan and logged
    Exercise: Dog walk 45 min and heavy house cleaning 90 min
    Water: 80 oz

My personal 'weight no more' challenge for today (trigger warning: stop if you're tempted by rich treats) is to fit in a delicious Mexican marzipan goodie that I received as a gift into my daily calories. It's the size of a little puck.

I actually received a box of them this morning as a late Christmas gift. Each one has around 240 calories depending on the flavour. The flavours are inspired, one is even tequila which I can't imagine. Cafe sounded good, as did a chocolate one, while others are in Spanish so I have to look them up. I chose natural, which I thought was the best place to start.

First, I selected one and froze the rest. Then, knowing what was on the lunch and dinner menu later today, I made a big batch of roasted cauliflower rice with lime and cilantro. I reduced the salt, substituted Himalayan pink instead of kosher, and used timed spritzes of olive oil. If at the end of the day I have room in my calorie budget and I think I will, I'm having that soft marzipan deliciousness and some ginger and turmeric tea with my feet up.

@amytriesww You are up on your feet so quickly after surgery. That is inspiring.

@hope002 Nice loss!

@Cafelelia Thanks for the welcome and luckily the site has calmed down again today.

@lennoncpa Nice to see your smile once again.

@nstephenson01 Thanks for reading every word and the compliment. I feel so welcome.

@Zumba_Luvah So exciting that you got the holiday bloat off to start fresh on the January board.

@tryingagain5 Well done with your weekly fruit, veggie, and water goal progress. When I first saw them, I thought they were such a challenge. For me, it would be the fruit that I'd struggle to fit in. I'm very sorry to hear about your health concern. I hope you get answers soon.

@kirsten11872 Thanks for the welcome.

@timibotkin Congratulations on a great loss.

Have a great Saturday everyone!

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    unbppwythl58.jpeg
    Today is the last day on this December thread and we move to our new January thread to start January week 1 tomorrow! Here is a link and please go on now to introduce yourself!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10777940/weight-no-more-january-2020-chat#latest

Week 1 Reminder (Post Weights on January Thread)

Sunday
    @amytriesww
    @twyla77
    @DanielleInProgresss
    @lburch
    @dillyg08
    @CassieGetsFit2013
    @txmama63

Monday
    @jedaschultz
    @JillyBT
    @claudiaxcu
    @rosieposiesrl

Tuesday
    @phoebe112476
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Friday 1/3 check in
    Food: Ugh!
    Water: over 64
    Exercise: 10 min bike and PT, strength and stretching

I swear I do this all the time. Get through what I want to, in this case losing weight during December, and then go off the rails! I did ok all day but then I blow it at night. We ended up going to the bar. I had soup and a salad but then had drinks. Once I got home, I ate junk which I threw out this morning. I enjoy going to the bar but need to do better with when I am there. I don't drink that I am drunk, I just drink more calories than I should and then I also don't make the best food choices. Ugh! I need to sit down and make a plan for when I am there. I don't want to avoid it. I am doing better with the food. Now I just need to limit my drinks.

Oh well, off to a better start today. I am excited that the introductions are coming in on our January page. It is going to be nice to have so many new members join with us.

@amytriesww I am so happy you checked in! I was wondering how your surgery went! Is it ok you are doing so much afterwards? Don't push it. You will be back to where you were before you know it. I wouldn't worry about the weight either. I think a lot is fluid from the surgery and your body healing. That will also go away. Just eat healthy, make sure you eat protein and drink you water. You are doing great! I am interested what people are going to do with the habit trackers. I am looking for ideas too!
    @1theresamcvean Thank you for writing such an awesome introduction! We have been friends on MFP for so long and it is nice to finally get to know you! You have had a tough year or so and you still managed to stay active and lose weight. You are amazing! I am glad your mom is settled now and your daughter is in remission. Let me tell you, I had a similar thing with my Mom it will be 2 years ago in the spring and I put on about 15 pounds. I also have positional vertigo which has the same symptoms with the lying flat, looking up or moving positions. I lucky don't have the hearing issues and if I am not doing those things, I don't have the symptoms. You do have a positive attitude about it and I am sure that is not easy at times. Thanks for the compliment about the pic with Danny. I love the song you danced to with your son. I know we are also friends with the movie chair. I was hoping to have a similar experience as her blog about her two children's weddings but I weighed the same for both. I really think you are going to be such an awesome addition to our team! I am so happy you are here! I also think your idea of adding your treat to your plan is a great idea. I think too much deprivation is what makes us gain. I think your plan for today is perfect. I wish I was a better cook. Your cauliflower rice sounds delicious.
    @hope002 Nice loss and after the holidays! Wtg! What a great feeling huh?!
    @lennoncpa Not a bad weigh in after the holidays. That is basically maintaining.
    @Cafelelia I bet you are right about why MFP has been crashing. Hopefully it will settle down soon!
    @Zumba_Luvah Nice loss! You have been doing awesome!!
    @tryingagain5 It is good that you found that out through tests rather than an emergency. If you are worried, I am sure you can put a call in to your doctor on Monday so he can go over the results for you. Or maybe they can move your appointment up. Hopefully it is nothing serious but it is always better to get it checked out. You seem to be doing better and better each week with your goals! Keep up the good work!
    @Kirsten11872 Nice loss and nice start to the New Year!
    @timibotkin Wow! Look at that loss! Great job!!
    @phoebe112476 5 classes in 5 days! Awesome! Did you like the one closest to your home? Iove that pic, it looks like such a nice place to do yoga!
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    edited January 2020
    @Cafelelia - Yes. That is my mat after yoga this morning. I generally a peaceful place, minus all the hard work I expend to not fall over during several poses :smile:

@sleepymom5 - I joined a month of unlimited classes at a place about 15 minutes away from my house. This was before I stumbled upon the place 2 blocks away. I like this new place. After my month is up, I am going to try the super close place. Then decide. Definitely much much easier to get to yoga when the drive is not more than an hour round trip. And would be so very convenient if it was 2 blocks away!
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    @1theresamcvean - awesome plan for your marzipan. Thanks much for sharing. We can all learn from such goal with moderation type thought processes. Reminds me a lot of my maternal grandmother who always brought those marzipan treats from Mexico during my childhood. She has been gone more than 25 years now. Thanks for bringing to mind those sweet memories.
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Friday Check In
    Food: Created my 24 hr plan and ate as planned
    Water: 80 oz
    Exercise: 90 minute yoga class, 45 minute dog walk; 10,058 steps

My main goal yesterday was to simply not continue my recent habit of overeating at night and I accomplished that so yesterday was a success in my mind. I'm not sure if its the wintry weather or what but I just want to eat and hibernate. Yesterday I did much better but it took focus and self- control darn it LOL. I forgot to set my IF app last night.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    @1theresamcvean
    Welcome and thank you. I'm trying hard on my goals. I'm actually better with the fruit than the veggies
    I live alone so I try to keep myself busy.
    It is hard sleeping during the day and working all night, especially since I'm a morning person.

@sleepymom5
    One day at a time and making a plan will help.
    I'm glad I found out through bloodwork and not an emergency too. I talked with one of my neighbors who used to be a nurse. That really helped a lot. I'm much more relaxed about it now. My doctor has been out on medical leave and isn't back until the 7th so the appointment can't be moved up and it's only a few more days.

@Cafelelia
    Thanks for your prayers. The talk with my neighbor really helped a lot with my anxiety level of not knowing. She explained different possibilities of what may be done. Obviously she doesn't know for sure but just having her share her knowledge helped. I will keep you updated. That was nice of your family to let you sleep in.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Sat 1/4 check in
    Food: logged the food just didn't look up the calories
    Water: 40 oz
    Exercise: none

I slept a while after work. Then spent a while with my neighbor who used to be a nurse. Talking with her helped a lot.

I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening with my dad, sister and brother-in-law. We went out for dinner and I made a fairly good choice. Now I'm waiting for my laundry to get done so I can go to bed.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,459 Member
    @nstephenson01 Looks like you had a good day! Remember, one day at a time!
    @tryingagain5 . I am glad you spoke to your neighbor and she made you feel a little more at ease. Nice job with your dinner choice too.
This discussion has been closed.