TEAM: Gutbusters (January)

Options

Replies

• SillyCat1975
    SillyCat1975 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Jan 2
    Did I exercise at least 20 mins? Yes, 40 mins of running/walking around neighborhood in the rain.
    Calories? Yes
    Tracked? Yes
    I meant to do this last night and fell asleep.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Just peaked at the spreadsheet, sorry I was the only one who didnt weigh in last week😔. Promise to weigh in tomorrow. 🙂
  • lacatgirl
    lacatgirl Posts: 353 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    January 3
    Exercised?: Yes 1hr restorative yoga and 30min swimming laps
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    No worries, @matthewsfive! I'm glad you're still with us!! :heart:

Welcome to our newest team member, @peachymom3!! We're so glad you'll be with us this month. Please post an introduction when you have a chance! :smiley:
  • metubal
    metubal Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    @craigo3154
    I have followed a low-carb diet off and on since the diabetes diagnosis. I'm from Turkey (living in the US)  so I naturally follow a Mediterranean diet with lots of veggies, lamb/chicken/seafood, olive oil and garlic:)  I eat whole foods and try to avoid processed foods.

In 2018, my son's health was stable, which turned me into an almost-normal person. So I managed to focus on my goals of 1) no snacking, 2)80 oz of water per day, 3) no eating after 7pm, and 4) sleeping 7-8hrs per day with bedtime before midnight. I also worked out lightly but regularly. I lost 35 lbs and lowered my A1C from 7.5 to 5.5 in 5 months.

In 2019, my son had a major bump in his condition, which lasted from February through May. I rarely got more than 4 hours of sleep per day. Stress kicked in fully and I lost the focus on my health. I know that caregivers need to take care of themselves but it's easier said than done. Summer went by with consultations about possible transplant scenarios and a Make-A-Wish trip. In fall, he became stable again and I've been starting to get back on track.

So... I need to start following my health rules. My diet is not bad, as long as I don't snack.

My macros are - loosely- 15%carb/ 60%fat/ 25%protein. I calculate net carbs only and try to eat 20-25g of fiber daily.

I'll get my labs done in March, as a birthday gift to myself:)
  • SillyCat1975
    Options
    Just peaked at the spreadsheet, sorry I was the only one who didnt weigh in last week😔. Promise to weigh in tomorrow. 🙂

Where is the spreadsheet?
  • audreypawdrey
    audreypawdrey Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have been traveling and don’t have access to a scale! I am hoping to have one when we stay in a hotel on Tuesday! I am sorry I couldn’t weigh in!
  • WMEJA
    WMEJA Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Wendy from California. I just joined this challenge and have not been placed on a team yet but I am looking forward to it! I already am pushing myself to lose 1b a week but I plan to move my weight loss to 1.5 lb a week and then gradually 2 lb a week until I hit my goal. I will work hard for any team that I am placed on
  • kiadams317750
    kiadams317750 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Kiadams317750
    Friday
    Tracked all: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: only 15 minutes strength training, didn’t do any cardio.
    Day: made good choices. Have stuck to kEto eating for two days now. Physically feel better.
  • kiadams317750
    Options
    Welcome Abigail659, sparklydragons, collen790, and everyone else!

Thank you to all that faithfully post everyday and those that share their experiences you guys keep me stronger.

December week 5?
    Or January week 1?
    PW:267
    CW: 269

December was out of control but have it back together now did it last year I can do it again!
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    January 4
    Exercised?: Yes (6 km walk in 47 mins)

Late walk again but kept up the pace. Happy to still be under 8 mins per km.

Dinner was at local Japanese restaurant. Nice food.

Did not take the option to go flying today, maybe tomorrow. Really should have, but head was not in the right place. Ended up doing very little around home.
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    @SillyCat1975 - here is the link to the December spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pk-ArNjJhF1HSSEsYzhBKmWute9zrjo_sSAwl34RIEo/edit#gid=877083268. The address for the current month's sheet is always posted on the home page for The Biggest Loser. I'll try to remember to post that link here when it's up and ready.

@WMEJA, Ashley should have you placed on a team by later today. :smile:

@kiadams317750, your weigh-in today finishes up December's week 5. When you weigh in next Saturday that will be the January week 1 weigh-in. :smile:

• BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Please welcome our two newest members, @Jrichy599 (is your weigh-in day Thursday?) and @zengen09. Please take a moment to introduce yourself to our team!! Glad you're here!! :smile:
  • AugustHorizons
    AugustHorizons Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    ~ 4th of January accountability ~
    Exercised?: yes - 35 min brisk walk
    Within calories?: yes
    Everything tracked?: yes
  • metubal
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Just completed a 2.9 mile walk, walking the dog. He peed 68 times (at least he tried to pee, stopping and lifting his leg😁), pooped 3 times. It took us exactly 57 minutes. Sooo.. 3miles per hour with that many stops is not bad, I guess😊

Beautiful, sunny, 42F (5 C) weather. Not like the typical snowy, slushy, freezing January weather we are used to.
  • lacatgirl
    lacatgirl Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    January 4
    Exercised?: Yes 35 minutes swimming laps with pool chin-ups thrown in here and there
    Feeling great as I have exercised for 4 days straight. I am doing UAC challenge as well as this one (thank you craigo) and it is a great motivator to exercise!
  • SillyCat1975
    Options
    Day 4 accountability...
    Exercise? Yes, walked/ran 2 miles in the snowy rain in my neighborhood
    Calories? Yes
    Tracked? Yes

It is hard for me to do these because I'm such a night owl. I may have to do them the following morning.
  • metubal
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Day 4 (as of 8pm)
    Exercise: 2.9 miles dog walking (it counts, right?)
    Calories: I'm stuck at 950 cals today but I'm full, can't add more really)
    Tracked: yes

Sleep: 7hrs25mins. Went to bed at 11:30pm. Woohoo!
    Snacking: None. Woohoo!
    Meals: 2. But not a woohoo because my breakfast/lunch was only coffee with heavy cream. And dinner was 90% of my calories.
    Quality of diet: Meh. No bad carbs but some processed foods🙄 Didnt have any veggies today, which is very atypical for me.
    Net carbs: 46 grams. Goal is 45. Woohoo!
    Reading goal: A big, fat zero pages! Tomorrow is a new day.

I have to decide on the definition of "processed" foods. Is tortilla or yogurt processed within the context of my diet? Apparently it also depends on the tortilla or the yogurt I'm eating 😉. Hmmm, need to think over this a little more.
  • kiadams317750
    Options
    Kiadams317750

Saturday January 4
    Tracked all: yes
    Calories under: yes
    Exercised:no

Day: good choices, enough rest/sleep, read to grow knowledge on nutrition and health, for first day felt hungry on kEto, any advice from anyone who has more experience with kEto eating. Maybe it’s like anything else just have to wait till bodies used to what it gets. Have to get back to exercising daily. You guys have been kicking it with your exercising!
This discussion has been closed.