TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (January)

Replies

• cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    simbersea wrote: »
    @cmhubbard92

PW: 167.2
    CW: 165.0

@simbersea what a great loss to start off the challenge! When I recieve access to the spreadsheet, I will post your weigh-in!
  • SereneRose
    SereneRose Posts: 499 Member
    @cmhubbard92
    SW: 254.0 Jan 2nd 2020
    CW: 248.0

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the challenge, thank you for having me. I have a long way to go to reach my first goal of 140 lbs and with a young toddler finding it harder to exercise but I'm up for the challenge and will take it 1 day at a time. I'll also being eating low carb.
  • zaraizzy56
    zaraizzy56 Posts: 56 Member
    Hello everyone, new to The Big Butt Theory!

I'm Karla, 56 years old, 6' ft, and I live in the southern part of the U.S. My highest bmi was 54.2, and it's now 37.7 would love to be between 25 to 26.4 bmi by the end of 2020,

My goals for this challenge is:
    1) Increase my water intake to at least 8 cups or more a day.
    2) Exercise 3 to 4 times a week for 30 minutes..
    3) Build up to walking at least 30 minutes a day by end of January.
    4) lose at least 28 lbs by March 19th (57th birthday) there is no guarantee I'll lose this much but I would like to.
    5.) Would love to finally reach One-derland by end of 2020

What I've been doing to reach my goals:
    1) Water intake has been a little over 10 cups (84.5 oz) so accomplished my first goal hopefully keep this up.
    2) Started cardio low impact exercise workout yesterday. I am going to try to workout at least 6 days a week, instead of only 3 days. Exercises will include cardio low impact, Zumba and dance and increase this to a stronger workout as I'm able to. Aong with cardio, do strength training, HIIT workouts.
    3) Walking is very slow only did about 15 minutes, hopefully be able to increase to 30 minutes by end of January.

Wishing everyone the best for this January.
  • zaraizzy56
    Username: zaraizzy56
    Weigh-in Week: ( Jan 5, week 1)
    Weigh-in Day:. Sunday
    Previous Weight: 278
    Today's Weight:. 278

Sorry team no weight loss this week. Will work harder for next week's weigh-in.
  • primekayprime
    primekayprime Posts: 253 Member
    primekayprime
    Sun Week 1
    Previous: 232.2
    Current: 233
  • kydztoi
    kydztoi Posts: 34 Member
    Hi- My name is Jan, I'm bit long in the tooth at 65.. I have struggled with my weight for years, and what I was doing seemed to have made things worse.(a seated job, tied to my desk for 10 hours hasn't helped the past 18 months) I'm looking forward to the accountability of a challenge. I need something!! I do have a few issues that cause me a bit of grief- I have arthritis in my knee, I'm about 90 lbs overweight, pre diabetic, work nights and sleep poorly. I've run the gamut of prescription sleep aids, now I'm doing it on my own with herbal remedies- I enjoy walking when I can. but living in North Dakota during the winter makes it a mite difficult. I finally moved my indoor bike into the living room and hope that will help until the ice melts. Shoot, even my dog is gaining weight!!!
    I'm not quite sure when I am supposed to report my weight- If it was today, then I will have to use my last weight. I have a low step to report because of the night shift thing, but plan to try and work up to more..
  • Coral333
    Coral333 Posts: 194 Member
    kydztoi wrote: »
    Hi- My name is Jan, I'm bit long in the tooth at 65.. I have struggled with my weight for years, and what I was doing seemed to have made things worse.(a seated job, tied to my desk for 10 hours hasn't helped the past 18 months) I'm looking forward to the accountability of a challenge. I need something!! I do have a few issues that cause me a bit of grief- I have arthritis in my knee, I'm about 90 lbs overweight, pre diabetic, work nights and sleep poorly. I've run the gamut of prescription sleep aids, now I'm doing it on my own with herbal remedies- I enjoy walking when I can. but living in North Dakota during the winter makes it a mite difficult. I finally moved my indoor bike into the living room and hope that will help until the ice melts. Shoot, even my dog is gaining weight!!!
    I'm not quite sure when I am supposed to report my weight- If it was today, then I will have to use my last weight. I have a low step to report because of the night shift thing, but plan to try and work up to more..

Hi Jan and welcome! When you joined through registration you should have reported a starting weight and from looking at the team spreadsheet it looks like your first weigh in is on Tuesday so hopefully you’ll see a nice loss then! You’ll then report your weight on Tuesdays going forward. Hope that helps ☺️

It sounds like you’ve had quite a lot going on and in your way with this but I know from my own experience of this challenge, it’s been brilliant in keeping me on track and so supportive so I really hope you find that too!
  • cmhubbard92
    kydztoi wrote: »

@kydztoi welcome to TBBT, Jan! Your weigh in day is listed as Tuesday, so no stress! I recieved a friend request from you and will be editing the spreadsheet to add you for the challenges, and will do that in a while! Wishing you the best luck this month! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    SereneRose wrote: »
    @cmhubbard92
    SW: 254.0 Jan 2nd 2020
    CW: 248.0

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the challenge, thank you for having me. I have a long way to go to reach my first goal of 140 lbs and with a young toddler finding it harder to exercise but I'm up for the challenge and will take it 1 day at a time. I'll also being eating low carb.

@SereneRose welcome to TBBT! Amazing weigh in to start the challenge!
  • cmhubbard92
    zaraizzy56 wrote: »
    Username: zaraizzy56
    Weigh-in Week: ( Jan 5, week 1)
    Weigh-in Day:. Sunday
    Previous Weight: 278
    Today's Weight:. 278

Sorry team no weight loss this week. Will work harder for next week's weigh-in.

@zaraizzy56 don't stress a week with no movement on the scale! Remember, with upping your exercise from 3 days to 6, you may experience some water retention that will cause the scale to remain the same! It will pass, though, and you are doing fabulous at pushing through your goals! :) you will make it to 30 minutes in no time at all! Make sure you pace yourself, and have good shoes to keep your feet in good shape! You've got this!
  • cmhubbard92
    primekayprime
    Sun Week 1
    Previous: 232.2
    Current: 233

@primekayprime December is still effecting some of us, great to still see you with us this month!!! :)
  • zaraizzy56
    @cmhubbard92 Thanks for the encouragement.
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Jan 4
    Username: Murdog3t
    Step :5094
    Water : 96 oz
    Food : Yes
    Exercise: yes
    Yoga & meditation 60 min

Happy Sunday
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm a little late for the intros, my kids and I just got back from a last minute vacation. I'm Destiny, I'm a 32 year old stay at home mommy to 4 kiddos, 9, 7, 2, and almost 4. I've been on TBBT off and on for quite a while. In 2019 we relocated to a new state, and then moved across our new town. Since there's no more big changes in the foreseeable future I'm ready to make my health more of a priority. I gained 22 pounds last year :( I have a big problem with stress eating.

My goals for 2020 are
    1. Exercise 5 days a week
    2. Stay withing my calories 6 days a week
    3. At LEAST 64oz of water everyday
    Non fitness
    4. Read at least 14 books this year
    5. Be more patient with my kids (exercising helps me with this)
    6. Do better at staying on top of my household jobs

@cmhubbard92 I'm interested in the water and exercise challenge. Thanks!
  • p_mad
    p_mad Posts: 179 Member
    January 5-
    Weigh-in:
    Last weigh-in(Dec 23): 68.8kg/151.67lbs
    Current weight(Jan 5): 68.5kg/151.01lbs

Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge:
    Logged food: yes
    Under calories: yes
    Exercise: yes(60-minute stroll)

Water: 3.5L/118.35 oz
    Steps: 12,473
  • cmhubbard92
    murdog3t wrote: »
    Jan 4
    Username: Murdog3t
    Step :5094
    Water : 96 oz
    Food : Yes
    Exercise: yes
    Yoga & meditation 60 min

Happy Sunday

@murdog3t Awesome work! :) I can't do more than 30 minutes of either of those! I really need to start, though!
  • losingbecks
    losingbecks Posts: 10 Member
    losingbecks
    5/1/20
    Food yes
    Exercise yes (60 min hilly walk)
    Water yes 2 litres (70oz)
  • cmhubbard92
    thedestar wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I'm a little late for the intros, my kids and I just got back from a last minute vacation. I'm Destiny, I'm a 32 year old stay at home mommy to 4 kiddos, 9, 7, 2, and almost 4. I've been on TBBT off and on for quite a while. In 2019 we relocated to a new state, and then moved across our new town. Since there's no more big changes in the foreseeable future I'm ready to make my health more of a priority. I gained 22 pounds last year :( I have a big problem with stress eating.

My goals for 2020 are
    1. Exercise 5 days a week
    2. Stay withing my calories 6 days a week
    3. At LEAST 64oz of water everyday
    Non fitness
    4. Read at least 14 books this year
    5. Be more patient with my kids (exercising helps me with this)
    6. Do better at staying on top of my household jobs

@cmhubbard92 I'm interested in the water and exercise challenge. Thanks!

@thedestar Glad to have you back! I hope you enjoyed your vacation! I really love that you have goals that are health related and life related! I think I should add to my list of goals - read one book series, and finish the blanket I've been crocheting for a while!

I've fixed your spot to just the exercise/water challenge in the spreadsheet! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    p_mad wrote: »
    January 5-
    Weigh-in:
    Last weigh-in(Dec 23): 68.8kg/151.67lbs
    Current weight(Jan 5): 68.5kg/151.01lbs

Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge:
    Logged food: yes
    Under calories: yes
    Exercise: yes(60-minute stroll)

Water: 3.5L/118.35 oz
    Steps: 12,473

@p_mad great job! Are your mini challenges for today (1/5) or yesterday? :)
  • mhassan160
    mhassan160 Posts: 312 Member
    Hi, My weigh in day is Monday and my last week weigh in was December 30; 256lb, so will update tomorrow morning and still will start loging my challenge today Sunday 5th by the end of the day
This discussion has been closed.