TEAM: Gutbusters (January)

Options

Replies

• MayaVDM
    MayaVDM Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    January 6
    Exercised? Yes, 45min spinning
    Calories? Yes( +10carb over. I'll watch them)
    Tracked? Yes
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    January 6
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 45 minutes at the gym, recumbent bike 20 minutes-3.62 miles, rowing machine 5 minutes, weights 20 minutes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Good morning! Today we’re looking for a weigh-in from:

@awakenbeauty51
    @Kenyaa3
    @shalvy2007
    @sparklydragons
    @tuddy315

Please post using this template:
    Username
    January Week 1
    PW:
    CW:
  • kiadams317750
    kiadams317750 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Kiadams317750
    January 6
    Tracked all: yes
    Calories under: yes
    Exercised: not enough
    Weighed myself to keep daily record: yes

Day: busy, made good food choices, need better plan to get at least 30 minutes of exercise in. Slept enough.
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Nice loss, @sparklydragons! :star:
  • metubal
    metubal Posts: 290 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Yesterday was the first day of the second semester in our homeschool. We both dragged our feet and hardly did 90 mins:( I was also feeling like I was getting sick so I didnt push my son -or me:) Instead I napped off and on most of the day, took vit c + zinc + arabinogalactan, and went to bed at 11pm. Today I feel like a new person:) We do homeschool with 3 more kids today so I'm hoping I'll be more motivated.

So, breakdown of Jan 6th:
    Calories: tracked, I went over a little bit
    Net carbs: 44g
    Exercise: no
    Snacking: once during schooling
    Bed time: 11pm

• BonnieHosk85
    Options
    I also find that when someone comments on how nice I look I always follow with "But I have so much more to lose".
    @matthewsfive, that is something I'm learning as well. We just need to say "thank you" and move on! LOL!

Nice loss, @craigo3154! :star:

Hope you feel better soon, @metubal! :heart:

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 33 minutes at PF, including recumbent bike, treadmill, leg press leg extension, and hydromassage. I had to leave early to get Ollie to vet to have his 3-week checkup for diabetes. His number came down this week! Yea!!
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • shewhoismany
    shewhoismany Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Nope. Would you believe I found more cookies in the freezer? I have cleaned out the kitchen, I should be good now.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,313 Member
    Options

[/quote]

Thank you for taking time to write back. I appreciate it. I just have to get out of my own head. Its been one of my biggest problems. I have an issue with seeing myself thinner. Im down 87 pounds but I don't see that when I look in the mirror. I also find that when someone comments on how nice I look I always follow with "But I have so much more to lose". I will be the first to admit its a problem. I hope to be able to figure a way to get out of my own head and see what everyone else sees.

Thanks again.
    [/quote]

@matthewsfive I did the same thing when I was down by 85lbs. Then one day someone gave me some old pictures when I was 252lbs. Let me tell you, I could definitely see the difference!!! I never said that again. I keep one of those in my profile pictures in case I need to remind myself.
  • AugustHorizons
    AugustHorizons Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    ~ 7th of January ~
    Exercised?: yes - took myself for a leisurely ~2 mile walk. I love walking in the evening so decided to take my time and enjoy myself :)
    Within calories?: yes
    Everything tracked?: yes
  • lacatgirl
    lacatgirl Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    January 7
    Exercised?: Yes Swim laps 36 min
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    January 5

The first mini-challenge is to commit to weigh every day at the same time (ideally in the morning before eating anything).

The ONLY figures to take note of is the 7 day average. Which means you need 7 successive weighs to get any meaningful value.

Why weigh every day?

I would live to try this but seeing the numbers go up and down during the week will drive me crazy. How do you get through the days that the scale jumps up when you know you haven't eaten poorly?

qy0o6mntfndb.jpg

@matthewsfive. Recognise some truths (and mentally some of this months exercises are to work on this):
    1. Your weight is not a measure of personal worth.
    2. Water weight goes up and down A LOT and has a significant impact on the number the scale shows.
    3. The AVERAGE of 7 days is the ONLY important number.

Thank you for taking time to write back. I appreciate it. I just have to get out of my own head. Its been one of my biggest problems. I have an issue with seeing myself thinner. Im down 87 pounds but I don't see that when I look in the mirror. I also find that when someone comments on how nice I look I always follow with "But I have so much more to lose". I will be the first to admit its a problem. I hope to be able to figure a way to get out of my own head and see what everyone else sees.

Thanks again.
    I also find that when someone comments on how nice I look I always follow with "But I have so much more to lose".
    @matthewsfive, that is something I'm learning as well. We just need to say "thank you" and move on! LOL!

@matthewsfive. @BonnieHosk85. It is so easy to get caught in the mental traps of:
    • Mental filter
    • Disqualifying the positive
    • Emotional reasoning
    (This list comes from "Feeling Good" by David D Burns and is part of cognitive based therapy for depression and mood disorders).
    These are ways we mentally self-sabotage ourselves by focusing on our flaws and not giving credit for the good. We negate any compliment by thinking "They are just being nice, but they don't really mean it", or "They don'y know how far I have yet to go", or "They are fishing for compliments so they found something nice to say so I need to find something nice about them to compliment them back on".

By doing this, we don't accept the compliment because we don't BELIEVE it.

It becomes so automatic that we don't even realise we are doing it. It's a BAD HABIT and it needs to stop.

As @BonnieHosk85. said, just say "thank you". Don't argue, don't put yourself down, don't feel obliged to compliment back. Just "thank you" and move on.

One of the hardest battles with weight loss and weight management is mental adjustment. This often takes WAY longer than actually attaining ideal weight.

@matthewsfive. People are really bad at seeing slow change. This is why progress photos are ESSENTIAL. You compare it against your memory. However, when you remember, you remember the last time you remembered, not the actual memory. This way memories get distorted. Progress photos do not.

Those that compliment you usually do not see you every day. They DO notice the change as for them it is not gradual.

It's REALLY hard to take progress photos when starting because you feel so self conscious. Do take them, but with the promise to yourself that you will show them to NO ONE (even if they beg). This way YOU are in control of a REAL memory that will not distort over time.

I did take some progress photos when I started losing weight (3 years ago). It was only when I had lost over 40 pounds that I mentally felt comfortable enough to share them.
This discussion has been closed.