• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN REMINDERS
    @mommyscott6
    @SheilaCali

Tomorrow:
    @clemsonhrd - good luck tonight!
    For those wondering - Clemson is playing LSU for the College Football National Championship
  • bigblues11
    bigblues11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Last weeks Step count;

5th Jan -14,299
    6th Jan -13,483
    7th Jan -11,492
    8th Jan -11,093
    9th Jan -14,023
    10th Jan -14,724
    11th Jan -11,765
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    SheilaCali
    Mondays
    PW:154
    CW:152.5

Random items about myself....
    1. Snorkeling is my favorite hobby, but haven't partaken since 2009. Time for a new fave!
    2. I broke my collarbone when going down the front stoop when I was 1 1/2.
    3. I broke my other collarbone when (almost) jumping over dining room chairs when I was 7.
    4. I'm married to a man who'd never kissed a girl (or dated obviously) before me. I broke his streak.
    5. I make the best tiramisu I've ever tasted- and I've tasted many (even in Italy)!
  • Beka3695
    Options
    @sheilacali. Will you share your recipe????
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    This is the recipe for tiramisu: https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/tiramisu-351138
    I use freshly brewed espresso instead of powdered. I don't use coffee liqueur- no need. I've used this recipe for 10 years without fail. This has contributed to bigger hips and a love for most things Italian. (I will not eat tripe). We are looking forward to more trips to Italy after retirement. We've been there near 10 times already, and have visited many "Little Italy" neighborhoods across the US. I've got a weak spot for cannolis and sfogliatelle as well, but perhaps I digress. We're trying to lose weight here!
  • mommyscott6
    mommyscott6 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Mommyscott6
    Mondays
    PW:202
    CW:201.8
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I like this mini game!!!

Five random facts about me are:
    1. I love boots, hence my name... you can never have enough!
    2. I can't swim. Never learned, tried on my own, can't do it...
    3. I'm a HUGE Star Wars fan!
    4. I love animals like a little kid, if I see cows on the side of the highway I can't stop admiring them... anything animal I can't get enough of!
    5. I've never drank alcohol in my life, ever.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    due today: @clemsonhrd
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Five random facts about me:
    1. I have had five last names and only been married twice (and I did not go back to my maiden name when I got divorced)
    2. I plan a weekend camping trip every year taking only 5 supplies or less
    3. I can't bake by timer. I bake by smell (meh cookies smell like they are done grab them out of the oven).
    4. I am a Training Coordinator at my job and do not have a college degree
    5. My spine was severed when I was 8 and I actually spend my day standing and walking 8+ hours at work

@LovebyDraug69 I’m intrigued, what’s the story with your last names and how did it change so much?

The beginning of this week has been tough. I did hit the gym as planned, but I’ve been eating more than planned both days and I can feel the old ”too busy to focus” *kitten* starting to bubble again. My average intake for the past two days is about 2170, when last week’s average was 1800. I did my workouts so I hit my deficit goals assuming accurate logging, but I need to learn to cut back a little. I’m aiming for my average intake to stay consciously between 1800-2000 until further notice (I hit maintenance and that level is something else, I start doing body recomposition or I have some other proper reason to change the goal instead of just giving up).

Today was very rough, I did five recruitment interviews this afternoon, and interviews are just as taxing for both recruiters and applicants... then I accidentally stayed at the office until 7PM because it was the first moment this week I had time to actually organize my work and get some random tasks done. After-work gym was good, except I went way too late considering I didn’t have any dinner beforehand. I hit a personal record in squats but completely ran out of energy towards the end of my workout, and had to change the dinner plan because it was so late and the original plan would have required a longer cooking time.
  • Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    HAPPY MONDAY TEAM

Let's all play a simple little game this week to get to know each other a little better.
    5r2knbbmvavr.png

We played this about a year ago... So I will likely reuse some of my facts.

I'll start:

1. My degree has NOTHING to do with my career.
    2. I learned to drive a stick on a '46 Ford tractor
    3. I was once ejected from a vehicle and survived (obviously)
    4. At night, I look at house plans on Pinterest and 'fix' them in my head
    5. I do not have a favorite color.

OK - Now your turn!!!!

1. Never been engaged or married, but almost 20 years in defacto marriage.
    2. I don’t like coffee or anything coffee flavoured, and can even sense the coffee in recipes that have used only a tiny bit of coffee as a flavour enhancer.
    3. My father died when I was about 12 years old. I say car accident, but his car was parked by the side of the road when a truck skid off the road to hit his stationary vehicle.
    4. I used to make short films.
    5. I come from a large family (am one of six siblings, 2 parents), but have created a small family (only one child, plus 2 parents).
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,531 Member
    Options
    I feel like I am stealing some from Kate
    4u8grprtc1hn.jpg

1. I was 7 on the 7th of the 7th, '77.
    2. At 19 I was chuffed to be given an official IQ of 147 and disappointed to find it meant s*d all in the real world aged 20
    3. I have visited 42 countries, worked in 10, never working for the same company for more than five years (other than my own)
    4. Whilst working full time I have had my own, not very successful, business since 1999.
    5. My SO and I invented a language at college so our friends couldn't listen in and disrupt our plans (a couple of my mates fancied her), we still use parts of it now.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    @themrwobbly - my husband says all the cool kids were born in 1970.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    I NEED SUGGESTIONS

I work in a small, but productive office. My office is currently absorbing an underproducing one. Not the staff- just the book of clients. It is increasing our size by about 15%. Needless to say - it has increased my current workload by about 50%. This will taper off in a few week, but we are making a major push at the moment. I am tied to my desk more than normal and working extended hours.

I usually have breakfast around 10AM then lunch around 1PM. At 7- I was STARVING! Same yesterday. I have brought grapes to snack on, but forgot my carrots. I did cave to the sweet potato chips hiding in my desk a little while ago :s

Any suggestions how to bridge the gap without blowing my calorie count?
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Wednesday:
    PW: 159.6
    CW: 157.0
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    1/11
    1/12
    1/13
    1/14

Monday's step count was low b/c I went to the dentist to get a cap put back on my tooth that came off and was shot up 5x w/novocaine in my mouth, it made me nauseous and whole mouth was numb. Needless to say, I wasn't very active and went home instead of returning to work
  • 171lake
    171lake Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    CW 132.6
    PW 132.7

I’m going on a work trip through the 25th, but once I’m back really plan on getting back in the swing of things. It’s been hard to get back after the holidays, but really want this to be the year I hit my target of 120.
This discussion has been closed.