SHRINKING ASSETS JANUARY CHAT

Options
TheMrWobbly
TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,530 Member
edited January 2020 in Social Groups
Welcomewt5ap7arx6eg.png
CHALLENGERS

This chat room is where the CHALLENGERS on this team meet. Here is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Cheer each other on to success!

We are beginning the JANUARY CHALLENGE - Our group moderators and leaders for the challenge are :
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @beka3695

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Each week, every challenger weighs in, and the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!
If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captain here on your team chat page.
In addition to weight loss, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. We have different kinds of challenges. NONE is mandatory. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, though, so we hope to see you there often!

Good Luck Teams: Please let us know if there is anything wrong or if you notice something that needs to be fixed or modified.
Let’s make our new challengers feel welcome and show them some F2F love!! Introduce yourselves, and let the new month begin.

THANKS! YOUR MODS

Replies

• TheMrWobbly
    Options
    For our iphone users I joined a challenge and created a team 'ShrinkingAssets'

Apple Watch⌚️ New Year's Challenge 💪🎉 starts on Wednesday! 🙌😝🎶 Group: 'Nance’s New Year’s Challenge''

To join, first, download the app, Challenges: http://apple.co/29WoKbl

Once you have the app, enter invite code: 'p6ac' ...or tap on the link below to join:

https://loseit.com/challenges-invite?&eligibilitycode=p6ac
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    First 10k of the year completed and really happy it counted as running and not jogging :)

exercise.png
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I found this on a FB group.
    is71u79cszze.jpg
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! January is here! I’m excited to have a few more days of vacation and then going back to work on the 7th.

Tomorrow will be my first weigh-in day of the new decade, I hope the sodium and alcohol bloat from New Year’s celebrations will be out of my system by then. Tomorrow will also be the first day at the new gym - it literally opened today for the first time ever, so I’m kinda excited to see how it turned out and how working out there will be like.

I feel like I’m stuck in a little rut, so I want to spend my last days of vacation decluttering physically and mentally to help me move on.

How did everyone celebrate New Year? I went to a friend’s summer house (yes, in the middle of winter) with a group of friends, had a good time and reached my goal of not having a hangover on January 1st.
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    What is this???y8xywaerr0he.jpeg

It is the difference between this:
    1quhyspu48mj.jpeg

And this:
    6u5ulyfmo3gc.jpeg

The logic:
    Doughnut calories estimated at 350
    3500 calories in a pound
    The doughnut is 1/10 of a pound....

I thought for sure that was your 5k reward until I scrolled down further- ha ha! I set myself some goals with another group (no offense) for extra motivation..

1. This January I will: bump up the length and intensity of my workouts- without injury.
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal: adding 15 minutes and more hills on my walks, complete at least 3 online cardio/weights workouts a week
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit: put them on my calendar and assess weekly
    4. How often will you do your new habit: daily
    5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? Big ol' smiley face on calendar!
    6. What help do you need from us? kudos and/or rebukes encouraged
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of January? no sidelining injuries and getting more fit (losing a few pounds would also be amazing)
    Feel free to list your own or look more like that donut at the end of the month........at least the sprinkles are pretty! If I had an Apple watch I'd join in the fun suggested by Mr Wobbly. Boo hoo.
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    For our iphone users I joined a challenge and created a team 'ShrinkingAssets'

Apple Watch⌚️ New Year's Challenge 💪🎉 starts on Wednesday! 🙌😝🎶 Group: 'Nance’s New Year’s Challenge''

To join, first, download the app, Challenges: http://apple.co/29WoKbl

Once you have the app, enter invite code: 'p6ac' ...or tap on the link below to join:

https://loseit.com/challenges-invite?&eligibilitycode=p6ac

Sorry to join your team prematurely, Mr Wobbly. I don't have an Apple watch, or at least not yet. I did get out of the challenge successfully- I think. Ah, technology makes me look like a fool again. Not the first or last time..cheers!
  • iamworthy14
    iamworthy14 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    2020 i am gonna do it as u can see by my name iamworthy14...been here a while yo yo....not this year....gonna lose it and still be here in maintinance for life!when i huy my fIrst goal im gonna go spend my gift cert i got for a really cool Shop. Happy 2020 all thank you for supporting me on my roller coaster! Im here for you too!
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    No problem on the Apple watch challenge @SheilaCali and we now have a amazing team of, erm... 1.

Congrats on your 1st goal @hipari though I'm not sure if you didn't indulge as much or your recovery powers are increasing with training? :wink:

Nice workout for your first day @boehle

First goal ticked off my list yesterday. A 10k at more than 6 mph (just). For those who think it can't be done I started C2K in July when I couldn't run across the road - these things are achievable, I am not special, I am determined.
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Here I am again guys and I did weigh in yesterday, I got distracted and sorry I am late!!!

KittyInBoots17:
    PW: 216.2
    CW: 219

I have to say I was really happy with it! I honestly expected like 225 or something!

• kmargut
    kmargut Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    @kmargut
    Thursday
    PW: 249
    CW: 245.2
  • CatherineElizabeth13
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I am really looking forward to taking control of my weight loss again!
    I started at 275lbs in December 2017 and lost 75lbs over 2 years. I gained 26lbs back in the last 6 months so I now have 100lbs to lose!

My January start weight is 224lbs.
    Cant wait for my first weigh in!
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Congrats to linda! Best of luck with the new team!!!
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Congrats, Linda! I appreciate your contributions here and wish you the best with the new team!
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Yay @lindamtuck2018 well done you! Going to miss hearing how you and Molly are getting on, though.

Back home, unpacked half cleaned up and now enjoying a pizza and wine evening. Will face the scales in the morning and then think about my plan of attack for the days, months and year ahead!

Looking forward to be being back and active in here 🙂
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    So, the funniest thing just happened today... my husband has been kinda gaining motivation, so today he apparently needed to announce it to the world by letting my mother know we can’t come to dinner because we’re busy going to the gym and losing weight. Yes, I read about his newfound dedication in the family group chat. He’s still in the ”it’s a project that will have a start day” phase though, but he agreed that on Monday he will join MFP and I’ll help him set up.

I had my first workout in the new gym today, and I killed it! My legs are already feeling the soreness, which is odd since usually I don’t feel it until the next day. I even got new PRs on several different machines/exercises, but I feel like they don’t count since it’s a different gym and different machines.
This discussion has been closed.