SHRINKING ASSETS JANUARY CHAT

Options

Replies

• kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    @Beka3695 how many cals have you got to play with?

I like low cal crackers with light spready cheese, carrots/peppers/cucumbers sticked to dip in hummus, grilled turkey bits, melon, chilli chickpeas, soup.

I need to have a decent snack as well as lunch on long work days so play around with my cals more on my other meals to be able to have a decent snack and brain fuel!

Good luck with the crazy time at work, take care of yourself, too!
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Wednesday:

KittyInBoots17
    PW:221
    CW:219.6

I am now thinking my scale gave me an inaccurate 219 on Jan 1. I know I gained water retention from holiday eating and I feel it should have been more than that - then the next week I am up, and after doing ok eating wise I've only lost enough to get to 219.6 which is more post holiday eating... oh well. Keep on going from here I guess. -Sigh-. Still a loss right? Lol.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    kilobykilo wrote: »

I like low cal crackers with light spready cheese, carrots/peppers/cucumbers sticked to dip in hummus, grilled turkey bits, melon, chilli chickpeas, soup.

I need to have a decent snack as well as lunch on long work days so play around with my cals more on my other meals to be able to have a decent snack and brain fuel!

my current cal max is 1360. I had my day prelogged with about 250 cal to spare for wiggle room... After the Sweet potato chip incident, I am at 1219. I just had lunch about 30 minutes earlier than usual, and I still have grapes for afternoon snack available.

I got busy earlier and didn't having the frittata I made for breakfast. This brings my total down to 1060 - so I'm back in good shape.

I like to keep about 250-300 cal to play with in the evenings. If I don't have a buffer, I will go over.

I am still processing the sins from the past weekend. I am really hoping to be back in the green by Saturday. I took a peek Monday and was far from green :s

• Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    I NEED SUGGESTIONS

I work in a small, but productive office. My office is currently absorbing an underproducing one. Not the staff- just the book of clients. It is increasing our size by about 15%. Needless to say - it has increased my current workload by about 50%. This will taper off in a few week, but we are making a major push at the moment. I am tied to my desk more than normal and working extended hours.

I usually have breakfast around 10AM then lunch around 1PM. At 7- I was STARVING! Same yesterday. I have brought grapes to snack on, but forgot my carrots. I did cave to the sweet potato chips hiding in my desk a little while ago :s

Any suggestions how to bridge the gap without blowing my calorie count?

I find higher protein foods decrease hunger - so eating a boiled egg or tuna is more filling than grapes or chips. Another trick is vegetable soup - the liquid content makes you feel fuller, and it can be packed full of low calorie vegetables like cabbage, carrot, onion, radish, celery, etc.

• SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    @Beka3695, it's funny (or not) how life throws us curve balls. The question is, how will we respond? I agree with @Luciicul about the protein snack, like some lowfat greek yogurt. You'll get some good bacteria in your tummy too! Just after I had lost a little weight, I go out to dinner 2 nights in a row. I decided to eat very light at lunch to prep for them. I was totally starving by dinnertime, but at least I didn't go over cals. Now I'm just bloated...

My kitchen (and right hand) are dysfunctional right now. I've been wrecking my hand by all of the painting and staining of my new pantry cabinet. I can't even cook dinner, and my hubby was unwilling. So, off we went to get pasta and ribs. I haven't had my long park walks the past 2 days. Or did I? I've been on my feet and doing a lot of "stretching" to reach with my roller and brush. I've been up and down a step stool and ladder a gazillion times. I feel like I skated in the roller derby- so sore! My back even spasmed 2 mornings in a row.

I haven't got my heart rate up, but I will tomorrow (and the next 3 days) when I start cleaning up the month-long mess hubby made. It's not just the kitchen, but the whole house is a dust bomb, and my kitchen pantry is in the living room packed in bins and boxes. I think this will count as cardio, and getting the space organized with be good for my psyche. I've got to pace myself and take breaks. My body has spoken!

Stay on track, peeps! "Don't let perfect be the enemy of the good"-Voltaire
  • kilobykilo
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Weigh in - Thursday
    Kilobykilo
    Pw: 184.4
    Cw: 182.4

No idea where that came from but I'll take it and run! Ate and drank too much (with some effort to stay in control) at a conference last wed-sun and have been feeling ill since I got back so resting up, trying to eat well. Feeling much better this morning so now for a week of momentum, maybe I can make my way back to the 170s in jan.......!
  • corporatelawmom
    corporatelawmom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Corporatelawmom
    Thursday
    PW 186.6
    CW 182.4
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Corporatelawmom
    Thursday
    PW 186.6
    CW 182.4
    Corporatelawmom
    Thursday
    PW - 189.6
    CW- 187

We have you as 187 last week. That just makes this week all the more impressive!!!!!!! WOOO HOOOOO!!!
  • Beka3695
    Options
  • Beka3695
    Options
    I have taken the advice of above. I had an egg frittata and a few carrots for breakfast.
    Let's see how that holds me over :)

I have more carrots and grapes to snack on if it feel like a snack crave. 8 oz of carrots is under 100 cal. I'm good with that!
  • corporatelawmom
    corporatelawmom Posts: 205 Member
    Options

We have you as 187 last week. That just makes this week all the more impressive!!!!!!! WOOO HOOOOO!!!
    [/quote]

Woot, woot! That's even better! Apparently the workouts, cutting out sugar, Starbucks, and alcohol is making a difference!
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I NEED SUGGESTIONS

I work in a small, but productive office. My office is currently absorbing an underproducing one. Not the staff- just the book of clients. It is increasing our size by about 15%. Needless to say - it has increased my current workload by about 50%. This will taper off in a few week, but we are making a major push at the moment. I am tied to my desk more than normal and working extended hours.

I usually have breakfast around 10AM then lunch around 1PM. At 7- I was STARVING! Same yesterday. I have brought grapes to snack on, but forgot my carrots. I did cave to the sweet potato chips hiding in my desk a little while ago :s

Any suggestions how to bridge the gap without blowing my calorie count?

I agree about keeping protein on hand. Individual tuna packs are 70 calories, and if you get the whole tuna lunch kit, it’s 230. Almonds are great to keep on hand, and coupled with cheese are satisfying. I keep beef jerky in my car. The one I get from Costco is packed as an individual serving and runs about 90 calories. I find that eating only fruit or vegs without protein only makes me hungrier.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    kilobykilo wrote: »

my current cal max is 1360. I had my day prelogged with about 250 cal to spare for wiggle room... After the Sweet potato chip incident, I am at 1219. I just had lunch about 30 minutes earlier than usual, and I still have grapes for afternoon snack available.

I got busy earlier and didn't having the frittata I made for breakfast. This brings my total down to 1060 - so I'm back in good shape.

I like to keep about 250-300 cal to play with in the evenings. If I don't have a buffer, I will go over.

I am still processing the sins from the past weekend. I am really hoping to be back in the green by Saturday. I took a peek Monday and was far from green :s

What about celery and a sour cream/ranch mix? That is usually my go to and its satisfying for me.
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    The last two days have been crazy diet-wise, and there are two more days coming...

On Wednesday, my boss brought in some Highly Annoying news, and I ended up having a glass of wine and chocolate to treat the annoyance (our workplace is very relaxed and occasional afternoon drinking is OK), and later a glass of sparkling to celebrate my aunt’s new glasses - she had to get her first glasses ever because her eyes are finally getting old, and I went in to help her choose her new style. This chocolate-and-wine day was still the lowest-calorie day of the week so far.

Yesterday, a nearby hotel did a random PR campaign and hand-delivered goodie bags filled with treats to nearby offices to promote their meeting packages, so I had chocolate. Then, I went to my old student house for two meetings and while I had specifically requested healthyish snacks, I ended up having a ton of salted crackers, cream cheese, and some soda and oreos. I had planned on hitting the gym after the meetings, but right before I was leaving one of my really good friends was literally waiting outside the bathroom door to kidnap me into a third one because they needed my opinions/expertise. I ended up being home at 9.30PM and not going to the gym, and my stomach was upset from all the random crap I ate yet I was still starving and had to make dinner. Oh well, it was a maintenance/low deficit day.

Today, a group of friends is coming over to have a Pirates of the Caribbean movie marathon and drink rum cocktails, and since it’s literally in my apartment and the point is to get drunk, the only damage control I can really do is choosing healthy movie snacks and have a bit less drinks. On Saturday, I finally have time to go to the gym and a possibility to have a healthy day, but at night one of my friends is having her 28th birthday party with the theme of ”party like we’re 18 again”, so apparently we’re going bowling and then drinking at a nightclub (legal drinking age is 18 here). That one is easier to only have a couple drinks in, but still. My Sunday weigh-in is going to be an interesting one.
  • kilobykilo
    Options
    @CharlesScott78 great work!

@hipari super busy week! Your night tonight sounds great fun 😁 if you eat good meals around your snacks and drinks, and with the gym tomorrow you should be able to limit any damage? Good luck with the balancing act and enjoy your weekend!

@corporatelawmom yeah!!!!!!!

@Beka3695 how did the snacks work out yesterday?

We've almost made it to the weekend!!!!!! Anyone got anything nice planned?
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,537 Member
    Options
    It is my Dad's 80th birthday bash this weekend (it was his birthday on Monday so we were also up North then) so lots of driving, bad food choices and not enough exercise. I'm not going to get grumpy over it, just kick back in next week. At least this is the last (foreseeable) interruption until we go away in March.

What have you all got on?

exercise.png

This discussion has been closed.