WAISTAWAYS January 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »

HEADS UP for Saturday! Make sure these are all in by the end of the day...
    @lovethyneighbor

No matter what gravitational waves are doing on your part of the planet, just send in the number, and we'll all deal with it! Good, bad, or whatever - send them on in. Then, when you have done that - check out the next post and have fun with it!

Busy with baseball practices and birthday parties, and then my littlest ended up sick, so I didn’t get a chance to weigh in or log steps.

I know my weight is up. Hubby has wanted carb meals all weekend. 😩 My stomach is miserable.

Steps:
    1/16: 3612
    1/17: 3677
    1/18: 4579
    1/19: 2877
    Battery died today.
  • lovethyneighbor
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Here is a fun thing that Team Shrinking Assets has been doing for a couple of days. I thought we might need a bit of quirky info about each other - you never know when it might come in handy!
    5r2knbbmvavr.png

1. Hmmm...I’m pretty boring so this post probably will be too.

I sat for an hour trying to fill this out and well....😕 I don’t have anything. Every time I try to post something it comes out very negative, so I end up deleting it. And I am not a negative person at all but when it comes to trying to lose weight it’s like my attitude shifts.
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Steps for 1/19 = 1520

5 Random Facts about me

1- I was in the Soviet Union in May / June of 1986 - We were supposed to go to Kiev, but were sent to Kharkov instead, we were told it was due to political issues... I think it was because of Cherynobel. I was there for a school trip.

2- I met my hubby on a dating site, we've been together for 8 years now.

3- I am not a fan of children, I mean I loved mine to death, and they were great, but I was never one of those parents who did play dates or anything, other peoples children were eeeekkkk...

4- I am also a Lifetime WW member, I lost 33lbs after my last child was born, lost it super easy too... I wish I was that "fat" again...

5- I am at a crossroads... I really want my 2 older children to move out, and get on with their adult lives so I can enjoy my house/life how I would like to, but then I am afraid I will do nothing but worry about them, and will miss them terribly...

3 Thing I am going to change this week

1- I am going to limit my carbs
    2- I am going to stop with the little cheats, I am going to eat 2-3 meals between 10-6 and NOT SNACK
    3- I am going to be more mindful about the fact if I'm hungry or bored, or just eating because it's (lunch/dinner/breakfast) time..

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    Marvelous Monday!!

@evelynladams527 Wishing you lots of luck in your new job today!!! Try and take a walk once an hour for potty break or to fill your cup with 💦

@lovethyneighbor Your 5 facts don’t have to be about weight loss. That’s why they’re random. You are not boring. I follow your IG. You are a great cook. Go for it.

@Gidgitgoescrazy Wow about your trip to Soviet Union in 86. Did you learn about it while you were there or after you returned home?

My WW loss was after my last child and melted off me because I was nursing and chasing a two year old.

I hear you with wanting the kids to fledge the nest. You will always worry about your kids. But, they always come back. Now I’m missing my youngest who lives an hour and a half away.

My day started out of routine, but that’s ok. It’s still going to be a great day. Stay strong and determined friends! 💦👟👏🏼👍🏻💪🏼
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Marvelous Monday!!

@evelynladams527 Wishing you lots of luck in your new job today!!! Try and take a walk once an hour for potty break or to fill your cup with 💦

@lovethyneighbor Your 5 facts don’t have to be about weight loss. That’s why they’re random. You are not boring. I follow your IG. You are a great cook. Go for it.

@Gidgitgoescrazy Wow about your trip to Soviet Union in 86. Did you learn about it while you were there or after you returned home?

My WW loss was after my last child and melted off me because I was nursing and chasing a two year old.

I hear you with wanting the kids to fledge the nest. You will always worry about your kids. But, they always come back. Now I’m missing my youngest who lives an hour and a half away.

My day started out of routine, but that’s ok. It’s still going to be a great day. Stay strong and determined friends! 💦👟👏🏼👍🏻💪🏼

Did not learn about it till much later, I guess by the time we got back it wasn't news anymore unless you were following it... We were also 15/16 years old... When I got home though I had found out my mother had a heart attack while I was gone, and they had to put my dog down... So I wasn't really worried about news...
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    PW 153.2
    CW 154.5

It could just be that I ate smokey chicken tacos last night (sodium) or it could be that I didn't log all week!!! This week, I will do better.

Sun steps- 6,771 (really bad for me)
  • ddmiddleton2
    ddmiddleton2 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    ddmiddleton2:

My CW: 198.4lbs

I really struggled with emotional/ stress eating last week. Three things to work on this week:

1. Log my food every meal
    2. Drink more water
    3. Work out 5 days
  • lovethyneighbor
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Here is a fun thing that Team Shrinking Assets has been doing for a couple of days. I thought we might need a bit of quirky info about each other - you never know when it might come in handy!
    5r2knbbmvavr.png

Okay, @micki48! You’ve encouraged me to try again.

1. Cooking is my passion. I love experimenting and coming up with new recipes.

2. I love to map the garden and work in it. That is ‘my time’ on days I am not in class.

3. I started taking an American Sign Language class back in August. This semester has two sessions. I start my third session class tomorrow evening. I absolutely love this class.

4. I love to help others and give from my heart.

5. We have an 8 month old puppy (mixed, border collie and Australian cattle dog), and he chews everything. I spend a lot of time finding the kid’s toys chewed up and hidden. Every 20-30 minutes. Super destructive. But so loving. I have never been much of a dog person but he has absolutely got me hooked.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    @lovethyneighbor - wow! Your five random facts are just as fascinating as everyone else's. I love the variety of things we choose - and that they could be any five other random things and be just as interesting. I like finding both similarities (mapping the garden and working in it :heart:), differences, and things I have always wanted to do. Learning ASL is certainly one of them. Even though I have one excellent ear, spending my life completely deaf in one ear has made me very aware of all kinds of hearing issues. Balance (I remember learning how to walk!), direction and space (block one ear for a while and see how fun it is to figure out where anything is!), and of course language and the things you miss. I would love to learn ASL for other reasons too - to have a language that is completely rooted in the body would be amazing. Playing music is like that for me - every shape, every gesture, every sound is formed by the muscles of the body and it is a blast making them happen. But I hope you have a crate for that puppy!! They love their "cave" and it is the only way to get them to understand their space (speaking of space), what is yours and not theirs, etc. Save your sanity! Even if you love the doggy, they cannot take over and chew up everything. Border collies and Australian cattle dogs are both super smart, so you have to find ways to keep them busy but also to learn, learn, learn. Have fun with that!

@KellyBgetsfit - I hear you on the sodium. I was up over a pound this morning from yesterday - used some salted herbs in my dinner last night. Of course, it could have been the birthday pizza, too...

Let's work hard on those 3 things every day decisions!
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Options
    I made lots of food yesterday, well both days.. Saturday my son and I made some Sorbets, we made Strawberry, cantelope and Lemon for dessert. For apps we made bacon wrapped dough with a beer cheese. ( I helped make it, but I didn't eat it, not my cup of tea). For dinner we made braised short ribs for him and hubby, I had filet mignon... mashed taters and asparagus, it was so good, it wasn't the best diet wise, but it was my sons idea and he went out and bought everything we needed, so I went with it... Yesterday I made lunch for the hubby for the week, I made him a stir fry, it was a mix of beef, pork and veal, with mushrooms, carrots, onion, broccoli and lots and lots of ginger over riced cauliflower ( 3 days) or Brown rice ( 2 days) - He tends to eat what is easiest and I want him to eat better, so I thought I'd give this a try... I made myself Tuna salad, with carrot and celery sticks... I also made some turkey pot pies for the freezer...

Do you do alot of food prep for the week, or do you just wing it ?
  • jugar
    Options
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Sorry missed my weigh in, I've been sick and getting back to feeling normal.
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Fell off the rails on weekend and weight trending up. I’m taking corrective action NOW to avoid a gain this week.. I want to be green!!
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday

PW: 122.2
    CW: 122.2
  • juliemargaretkim
    juliemargaretkim Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    PW: 135.1
    CW: 134.7

Sorry guys -- not much to crow about this week -- but it's a loss, and I'll take it!

Love the 5 random things -- I really am trying to think of interesting things -- but I'll go with the things that come to mind first...

1. We always have "rescued" dogs -- and currently we are on our 4th one -- we started with a one year old Husky/Lab that was a fantastic "escape" artist -- but, he always came back to us, and we loved Mickey dearly (my husband named him after Mickey Mantle -- he was a blondie! LOL!) We then got Maggie (Border Collie/Black Lab) and had her for 16 wonderful years. I will always always always cry when I think of how much I miss Maggie. Then we rescued Lucy -- she was already 7 years old, her owner had died, and we fell in love with her (as everyone did!) at first sight. She was a husky/Collie -- had an amazing crooked ear, and great soul. The entire neighborhood cried when she passed away (terrible cancer -- had surgery, but it grew right back -- nothing they could do....) and now, we have Molly -- Black lab and ??? -- our son (who no longer lives here, of course, said "get a puppy" and well, we did... 6 months old -- she was found abandoned in a building with other pups -- she was the last one to be adopted and wasn't even up for adoption when we found her -- she was in "therapy" --but she came over to my husband, the dog whisperer, and the shelter manager saw it, and now we've had her 1 and 1/2 years, and of course, she is the best thing ever. Some people/friends in the neighborhood don't think so yet... but they are coming around to see her inner soul. She is like a whirring dervish at times...

So that was a long (L-O-N-G) random thing. Think I'll do this in installments...

Peace! I'm going to have quite a week this week -- hubbie turns 65! Wowsa!! (Oh, that could be another random thing! LOL! )
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Here are the 3 things that I plan to focus on this week:

1. Up my water intake to AT LEAST 6 glasses a day
    2. Go for a walk twice
    3. Get to bed by 11pm at the latest
  • jugar
    Options
    Morning Meltdown! I have those when my coffee pot breaks (that happened on Friday), I haven't had brekkies yet, and I have to take out the ashes and it is -20 out. I bet yours are more fun than that, @conleywoods ! And don't worry about your date night - you did not let it throw you off. Way to go!

The tall guy and I went to the spa today - and now I feel like some overcooked pasta, but wonderful. It was a pretty cold day, and it feels so amazing to wander around outdoors in just a bathing suit, flipflops, and a towel. The saunas are hot, the hot tubs steaming, the river and waterfall below are scary icy so not an option this time of year, but the cold tubs will get the heart racing! We spent a couple of hours there, then were so hungry we stopped for a good meal on the way home. Luckily it was a place we could find healthy stuff, so it did not do any serious damage. I'm definitely going to bed early, though...

Hope you all had a good MLK Day if you're in the US, and a good old Monday in January for the rest!

Only one Tuesday weigh-in tomorrow -- @mrslrucker

Tally ho!
This discussion has been closed.