WAISTAWAYS January 2020 Chat

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,008 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    inxj769qgjpk.jpeg
    It's time for the Green January Week 1 Report!

Every team was over 60% green - and here's the breakdown (insert fabulous drumroll here):
    Downsizers - 81.8% Green

WaistAways - 79.4% Green

Trimstones - 70.4% Green

Mission Slimpossibles - 65.4% Green

Shrinking Assets - 60.7% Green

Fantastic job, everyone! Let's see if Week 2 can be even greener :smiley:

• EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 543 Member
    Steps today: 2,890 (I had 9-floors worth!)
    I'm sure it'll be a little higher by the time the day is really done but I might not remember to enter them later.
    I'm aiming to get a 2-mile walk in tomorrow as well as pool exercise.
    The decorations are in the box but that's as far as I got while the laundry was going. My washer is one of those that people use in small spaces and/or campers so, it requires a lot of babysitting. It's set up on the 2nd floor in the bathroom while the electric clothes dryer is in the basement. I'm sure that helped with the number of "floors" counted on the phone!
    It's always a good time to listen to podcasts or audiobooks.
    Here's to a good, green week.
    My hopes are high.

• fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,209 Member
    STEPS
    1/8 - 12111
    1/9 - 16429
    1/10 - 14321
    1/11 - 15201
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    @matthewsfive You SO inspire me! What an awesome testimony!!!! That's fantastic! I am determined to hit as close to my 100 lb goal by year's end. Thanks for sharing your victory with us!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 974 Member
    Steps
    1/10 4,124
    1/11 6,452
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    edited January 2020
    ssbupoc68rmn.jpg

I started this weight loss journey 1 year ago today. I hit the 90 pound loss mark yesterday and I am so excited that I have come this far in 1 year. I still want to lose another 30 pounds by my sons wedding, the end of June, so I have 5 1/2 months.

Today I decided to treat myself with a cappuccino from WaWa. Yes its full of sugar and for one day I decided its okay. I used to drink two 24 ounce of these twice a day which is crazy to see this now but that would of been 107 grams of sugar a day, just in this drink alone.

So today I decided to treat myself to only one for 31 grams of sugar and I have stayed under my sugars for the day. The next treat will be when I hit 100 pound lost.

Congratulations on your fantastic weight loss and hitting such a wonderful milestone. You are inspiring.

And oh how I LOVE and MISS my Wawa. None here in NC.
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    @micki48 My steps for Sunday = 11,268
    @evangsimmons170 Yes to starting the week off with a positive vibe!
  • ElleBellesTheoBear
    ElleBellesTheoBear Posts: 67 Member
    edited January 2020
    Monday weigh in
    Sw-193.8
    Pw-192.6
    Cw-189.2
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    CW 153.2
    Sun Steps - 10,198

@matthewsfive Congratulations on your weight loss!!
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 275 Member
    Sunday steps
    1/12: 21,180

Jogged/walked 6.5
    Walked 2.5
    Jogged 1.0
    I am going to be so sore.
    I was trying to win a challenge on Strava in our workout group which also has a running club. Go figure the other person logged in after I finished my miles and posted before the clock ran out. I am so discouraged. I pushed myself extremely hard this week. I rarely have time to get miles in and to lose the challenge really upset me.
  • jugar
    Sunday steps

Jogged/walked 6.5
    Walked 2.5
    Jogged 1.0
    I was trying to win a challenge on Strava in our workout group which also has a running club. Go figure the other person logged in after I finished my miles and posted before the clock ran out. I am so discouraged. I pushed myself extremely hard this week. I rarely have time to get miles in and to lose the challenge really upset me.

Just think about how hard YOU pushed that other person! You made them sweat for it - and both of you did more than you would have otherwise, right? You might not have "won" the challenge, but you sure got some amazing exercise logged. Keep pushing them - they'll love the extra competition, and you might be able to wear them out :smiley:
  • jugar
    ddmiddleton2
    CW:197 lbs
    Sorry everyone for not keeping it in the green. Missed a bunch of workouts this week d/t being 😷
    Loving the support on this thread!

Yeah, but you lost 2 pounds last week, and it still is 1.5 less than when you started. Pat yourself on the back, and go for another pound this week - you know what to do!
  • jugar
    Happy Monday!

Some beautiful weigh-ins this morning, and great news all around. For the record, I never heard of Wawa. Except for Wawa Ontario - up along the north shore of Lake Superior. You get there after hundreds of kilometres of nothing, and there are signs for hours and hours - Wawa 780 km. Wawa 550 km. Wawa 460 km. Etc. When you get there, you have to stop. There's a giant Canada goose. A fabulous general store. And coffee.

OK digression over.

@matthewsfive - 90 pounds. That must feel absolutely fabulous - even though it is really hard work. Taking stock of all the changes is super interesting - you find the amount of sugars you used to consume to be crazy now, but it was normal at the time. And I'm sure there are loads of other things that used to seem normal that now you know made the body you had then. You are an inspiration! And you will look spectacular at that wedding this year, I am sure.

@KellyBgetsfit and @ElleBellesTheoBear and @deniners2 - fantastic job!

Sunday and Monday weigh-in people:
    If you have a chance, go look at the final column on the spreadsheet. This shows the total you have lost or gained for the month so far. You now have half the weigh-ins done for January, so this should give you a pretty good idea of how your month is going to end if you keep going as you are now. Take a minute to really assess your progress, adjust as needed, and finish January STRONG!
  • phyllislee124fp
    phyllislee124fp Posts: 1 Member
    Saturday
    1week
    PW 113.4
    CW 113.4
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    It's -25 and feels like -33 outside today. Tomorrow will be colder. D:

We didn't go to the gym yesterday, just couldn't face the cold. But tomorrow I'll have to and I've never regretted my gym membership more. Lol.

Husband applied for a Master's program yesterday. Lots will change if he gets in but I'm proud of him for going for it so I just wanted to brag a little. In September we will have been a couple for 15 years! That's an intensely long time that has flown by in a minute.

Time passes faster than we ever expect it to.

Anyways he's moving towards his dreams so I guess I'd better get on with mine too.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Sunday steps

Jogged/walked 6.5
    Walked 2.5
    Jogged 1.0

I totally agree with Liselyn. Think about what you said, you didn’t win and you were disappointed. But you walked over 21,000 steps. THAT IS A WIN IF I EVER SAW ONE!!!!

You need to give yourself a great big hug and a congratulations right this second because that is AMAZING. Wahooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
    🎉👏🏼👣🎉👣🎉👣🎉👣🎉👏🏼
This discussion has been closed.