WAISTAWAYS January 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    It's -25 and feels like -33 outside today. Tomorrow will be colder. D:

We didn't go to the gym yesterday, just couldn't face the cold. But tomorrow I'll have to and I've never regretted my gym membership more. Lol.

Husband applied for a Master's program yesterday. Lots will change if he gets in but I'm proud of him for going for it so I just wanted to brag a little. In September we will have been a couple for 15 years! That's an intensely long time that has flown by in a minute.

Time passes faster than we ever expect it to.

Anyways he's moving towards his dreams so I guess I'd better get on with mine too.

@Terytha Hats off to ya for living in such arctic conditions! Lord knows, I couldn't do it. Congrats to your hubby for starting his journey to his masters degree! The process will change his perspectives on the world around him; it just changes the thought processes, at least that's just my opinion. That was my takeaway from getting mine. I hope he enjoys the process.

And an even bigger congrats on your 15 years of longevity with your husband! That's wonderful! :smiley:
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options

We didn't go to the gym yesterday, just couldn't face the cold. But tomorrow I'll have to and I've never regretted my gym membership more. Lol.

Husband applied for a Master's program yesterday. Lots will change if he gets in but I'm proud of him for going for it so I just wanted to brag a little. In September we will have been a couple for 15 years! That's an intensely long time that has flown by in a minute.

Anyways he's moving towards his dreams so I guess I'd better get on with mine too.

@Terytha Hats off to ya for living in such arctic conditions! Lord knows, I couldn't do it. Congrats to your hubby for starting his journey to his masters degree! The process will change his perspectives on the world around him; it just changes the thought processes, at least that's just my opinion. That was my takeaway from getting mine. I hope he enjoys the process.

And an even bigger congrats on your 15 years of longevity with your husband! That's wonderful! :smiley:

Thank you! He may not get in, and we won't know for months, but it took him half a year just to find the courage to apply so I'm already proud.

I was 17 when we met. I still feel 17 most days. It occurs to me that, although I accept weight loss will not solve any of my emotional problems, I think I was expecting it to help me feel more like an adult. Which is a weird association, but I guess I just pair being chubby with being a teen in my head.

It's not helping that, for the record. The problem isn't my size, it's that I refuse to be mature in any way. My sense of humor is stuck at "teenage boy" and I pretty much only read garbage and comics. :)
  • evangsimmons170
    Options

Thank you! He may not get in, and we won't know for months, but it took him half a year just to find the courage to apply so I'm already proud.

I was 17 when we met. I still feel 17 most days. It occurs to me that, although I accept weight loss will not solve any of my emotional problems, I think I was expecting it to help me feel more like an adult. Which is a weird association, but I guess I just pair being chubby with being a teen in my head.

It's not helping that, for the record. The problem isn't my size, it's that I refuse to be mature in any way. My sense of humor is stuck at "teenage boy" and I pretty much only read garbage and comics. :)

IDK if I ever asked, but do you have any kids?
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,265 Member
    Options
    For the record, I never heard of Wawa. Except for Wawa Ontario - up along the north shore of Lake Superior. You get there after hundreds of kilometres of nothing, and there are signs for hours and hours - Wawa 780 km. Wawa 550 km. Wawa 460 km. Etc. When you get there, you have to stop. There's a giant Canada goose. A fabulous general store. And coffee.

@jugar The Wawa we know also has a giant Canada goose and fabulous coffee, except you can find them on just about every third corner in the great northeast/Philadelphia area and more sparsely as far south as Florida. But none in my neighborhood in NC. Mostly along the 95 corridor. The name actually comes from the Native American word for goose. The Lenape were the tribe originally in the area.

As my daughter used to say when she was a child, “They’re the same, only different!” 😂
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options

IDK if I ever asked, but do you have any kids?

I don't! I mostly don't want them, but even if I did every time I get a new doctor they ask me if I plan to get pregnant with the exact same tone and facial expression. The one that screams "please say no."

Anyways I'm a lazy selfish person with zero interest in giving up time or money. One needy cat is fine.
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    I don't! I mostly don't want them, but even if I did every time I get a new doctor they ask me if I plan to get pregnant with the exact same tone and facial expression. The one that screams "please say no."

Anyways I'm a lazy selfish person with zero interest in giving up time or money. One needy cat is fine.

LOL too funny. I don't have any kids either, but I'm surrounded by 700 hundred of those precious, little, snot-dripping darlings 5 days a week as an assistant principal. LOL . That's more than enough for me....most days. :smiley:
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,122 Member
    Options
    Saturday
    1week
    PW 113.4
    CW 113.4

It is good to see you! Your weigh-in is too late to count for week 1 tallies, but I have put it in and then if you're on time (before end of day Saturday wherever you live) you'll be part of the team count for this week. If you're on maintenance, let me know.

I hope you'll post and enjoy the company here on the team - tell us a bit about how it is going. Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    Progress and a Heads-UP!

Hi gang, just waiting for 2 more weigh-ins for today (Monday):
    @reflectionofme
    @Juliemargaretkim

And one for tomorrow:
    @mrslrucker

Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    Before I close the laptop to go do things, I want to encourage everyone to spend a bit of time reading (or re-reading!) this thread:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10777165/week-5-challenge-20-20-vision-in-2020/p1

In the last week of the December challenge, some people put down their thoughts and goals for 2020. It is an inspiring read, and a good reminder of the kind of goals and energy that are so easy to lose when life gets busy or discouraging. Some of the posts are hilarious, some downright serious and thought-provoking.

The middle of every month in this challenge tends to be the time when people lose energy and not weight. Week 3 is particularly dangerous - and the Sunday and Monday people are working towards their Week 3 weigh-in!

Take some time to reflect and recharge so that you don't slip and just "let it go" for a week before getting the OMG energy of the end of the month. Steady, consistent, doing your best every single day. That works. Guaranteed!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    @micki48 Sunday steps - 3683
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    @matthewsfive You SO inspire me! What an awesome testimony!!!! That's fantastic! I am determined to hit as close to my 100 lb goal by year's end. Thanks for sharing your victory with us!

You got this. It's so hard but as long as you keep your goal in mind you will get there. I found it easier to make small goals like 10 pounds at a time. ❤
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    ssbupoc68rmn.jpg

I started this weight loss journey 1 year ago today. I hit the 90 pound loss mark yesterday and I am so excited that I have come this far in 1 year. I still want to lose another 30 pounds by my sons wedding, the end of June, so I have 5 1/2 months.

Today I decided to treat myself with a cappuccino from WaWa. Yes its full of sugar and for one day I decided its okay. I used to drink two 24 ounce of these twice a day which is crazy to see this now but that would of been 107 grams of sugar a day, just in this drink alone.

So today I decided to treat myself to only one for 31 grams of sugar and I have stayed under my sugars for the day. The next treat will be when I hit 100 pound lost.

Congratulations on your fantastic weight loss and hitting such a wonderful milestone. You are inspiring.

And oh how I LOVE and MISS my Wawa. None here in NC.

Thanks, love wawa.
  • juliemargaretkim
    juliemargaretkim Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    PW: 137.0
    CW: 135.1

So what went up is coming down... constant struggle (so many friends baking cakes right now and sharing them! I think it's the winter blues....) but there you go -- I had a doctor's appt. on Friday -- late afternoon, full dressed -- weighed in at 138. When I guffawed and said "that has to change!" to the nurse, she very sweetly looked at me (I'm 5'3", btw) and said "most people would love to weigh that, you know!"

Puts it all in perspective. Happy week everyone -- I'm back at work (college prof) as of today and I already love all my students! But, it's only day one....
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    PW: 137.0
    CW: 135.1

So what went up is coming down... constant struggle (so many friends baking cakes right now and sharing them! I think it's the winter blues....) but there you go -- I had a doctor's appt. on Friday -- late afternoon, full dressed -- weighed in at 138. When I guffawed and said "that has to change!" to the nurse, she very sweetly looked at me (I'm 5'3", btw) and said "most people would love to weigh that, you know!"

Puts it all in perspective. Happy week everyone -- I'm back at work (college prof) as of today and I already love all my students! But, it's only day one....

I'm 5'2" and can't wait to get down to the 150s let alone 130s! Wowza! I'm impressed. Good luck with all of those students. I'm sure their learning curves will be a piece of cake for you - well, maybe yogurt and apple? You have characteristics of my Prof (retired) sister @jugar! I have no doubt that you'll be able to keep your students motivated and moving! Thanks for the inspiring energy. I'm working on it.
  • EvMakesChanges
    Options
    YinxFed wrote: »
    I went to zumba tonight - my first class of the year. So glad I went, but I ache all over. I'll definitely sleep well tonight.

Hope everyone has a terrific Monday.

Oh, I love Zumba. Actually, I love water-zumba! Aching all over, not my fave but the best thing to do is take a bath with 2 cups of Epsom salts. (not salt at all but Magnesium Sulfate) Since the skin is our largest organ, it's able to intake and rebalance our inner needs for magnesium pretty quickly. Your muscles will thank you and, you'll be hard pressed to recall just which part of you was the achy-est. Ah. I love epsom salt baths. Maybe I'll take one to help *you* feel better? :smiley:
    Enjoy those drippy, gooey, snotty kids for me. I'm happy to work with the adults who need a break with others whose kids are grown and flown. My days of working with pre and Elementary schoolers is but a memory. It was good at the time. Now, I'm back at school working on a Physical Therapy Assistant degree. It'll go nicely with the massage certificate.
    Have a good sleep!
  • bunnybuns1111
    bunnybuns1111 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Daily check in: Monday
    Calories: within calorie goal-yes
    Exercise: 30 minutes weight- shoulder day, 20 minutes elliptical, 1 hr taekwondo
    Water: 100ml
    Steps: 13,368

Tomorrow’s goals: workout
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday

PW: 122.2
    CW: 122.2

• EvMakesChanges