WAISTAWAYS January 2020 Chat

Replies

• Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    @mrsjar5311 - great job on staying connected to this group while you have so many other things going on! Best of luck with the househunt and new job!
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    My steps
    1/10 = 7998
    1/11 = 10,593

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,015 Member
    edited January 2020
    mrsjar5311 wrote: »
    Weigh in - 67.3kg!
    I'm so so sorry! I'm letting the team down.
    We've just moved cities, I've started a new job and I'm house hunting! I need a gazillion hours in the day! Plus I have no laptop yet (everything in storage thanks to a 3 week holiday before the move!)

No problem! Life happens and you are in the thick of it! keep up when you can :smiley: And on top of that, your weight was in the green! You lost, so you certainly did NOT let the team down. Thanks!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 543 Member
    Happy Sunday, y’all,
    The weather is so warm here in Vermont it seems perfectly reasonable to use Southern expressions. I’ve lived here long enough to know that winter is *not* ending, yet. It’s part of the regular January thaw. It is really way too warm (up to high 50s today), and it makes me edgy.
    It didn’t help that I spent the afternoon on Friday celebrating my younger daughter’s 34th birthday watching Aladdin (remake-it’s actually pretty good), while she napped. We had a short visit while eating homemade cheesecake (which I made that morning) and later, sharing take out from a local Asian restaurant. It seemed odd that she wanted me there to be a part of her day even though she was too worn out to stay awake for more than an hour or so. I guess it’s about “being” and not just “doing”. I guess I had some other concept of what we’d be doing after driving 2.5 hours (x2), like museum trotting.
    Well, off to church and then back to do laundry and get the last of the decorations boxed and put in the attic.
    Have a great day. Happy everything!
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    @jugar did you get my weigh in that I posted last night?
  • jfp420
    jfp420 Posts: 186 Member
    Good Morning everyone!

Last week weight 157.5
    Cw : 158

Would have loved to see a loss but kind of releived that I basically held even. This was a rough week for me. Lots of social functions that involved eaging out. I feel a bit puffy and rings a bit tight so wondering if im holding a bit of water weight too. Well- on to a new week!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member

WEEK ONE WINNERS
    brmqogahtw0r.gif

glwrdkf3ty4a.png

f3akr4my1qoj.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Downsizers 1.17%%
    2nd Trimstones 0.95%
    3rd Waist Aways 0.69%
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles 0.69%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Downsizers 55.0 Lbs
    1st Trimstones 55.0 Lbs
    2nd Waist Aways 43.2 Lbs
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles 36.2 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @MaegyS 5.58 %
    2nd @DreaRN15 4.90%
    3rd @kguin0323 4.04 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @DreaRN15 13.8 Lbs
    2nd @MaegyS 12.9 Lbs
    3rd @kguin0323 7.6 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @canzone777
    @monaraehill2
    @gharvey2753
    @hope0022
    @19shmoo69
    @mynacha73
    @mrs_chivonne
    @Sunshineplace
    @Luciicul

ez7yn1xeiao3.png

• offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    @micki48

Steps
    Fri 7,097
    Sat 12,309
  • jugar
    @jugar did you get my weigh in that I posted last night?

I certainly did! And a wonderful one it was :smiley:
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Andreabroadley
    Weigh in day Sunday
    PW 166.5
    CW 166

This is what I’m expecting based on net calorie deficit.. :)
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Sorry I’ve been so absent I’m the admin owner of another group. This is my 4th year.
    New Year always taxing buts it’s slowing down now in terms of getting things running..

Glad to see so many are doing well.. I’m doing to try to walk outside this week!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,052 Member
    micki48 wrote: »
    Missing steps: Please get those steps in before 3pm tomorrow. 🙏🏼

@ddmiddleton2 -Wed-Sat
    @YinxFed - Wed-Sat
    @evangsimmons170 - Tues-Sat
    @fourathomej - Wed-Sat
    @cedarfoxy - Wed -Sat
    @lovethyneighbor Fri-Sat
    @Gidgitgoescrazy Fri-Sat
    @conleywoods Fri-Sat
    @offitgoes Fri-Sat
    @Steph1498 whole week

Hello All,

Here are my steps from Wednesday to Saturday:

Wed - 2407
    Thu - 6051
    Fri - 6023
    Sat - 3271

They're not great - but they'll be better next week.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,052 Member
    I am so sorry that this is late (is it? It's 4.50pm UK time). Anyway:

Weigh in day - Sunday
    Previous weight - 176
    Current weight - 175.8

The loss is miniscule, but it means I'm in the green! Yay me! :)
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Weigh in: 204.4

No matter what I do, the scale keeps creeping up. It's starting to really get to me. -_-
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    j0gjdgvcl4mz.jpeg
    51fn2aiw9lm1.jpeg
    nkrzrkv86g5u.jpeg
    Terytha wrote: »
    Weigh in: 204.4

No matter what I do, the scale keeps creeping up. It's starting to really get to me. -_-

Amber, I’ve been there as well. You have the exercise down. I haven’t checked your diary, but I’m guessing you are under your calorie goal. I have a couple thoughts.

First, you have lost a tremendous amount of weight this last year. Sometimes the body needs to plateau for awhile to readjust. Even though we hate it, it is actually a good thing. It allows your body to recalibrate your setpoint, so you can soon continue to lose. (I am not a dietitian, it’s just what I’ve read and experienced personally). You will probably have to do something to shake your body or metabolism up if you go on like this for awhile. I had two month long plateaus.

Second, check your sodium vs water intake. Have you had more foods with high sodium lately? That can do it. And as always, keep very hydrated. It doesn’t always seem to make sense, but drinking water HELPS you lose weight.

Finally, do you check your macros? When I hit those plateaus, I did a lot of reading on protein. My protein was low almost every day. In fact, protein aids in weight loss. Make sure you are near the macro target and make sure you are adding protein to every meal. This was tricky, at first, because more protein means more calories,which I didn’t always have. I tried to add flax, quinoa, chia to Greek yogurt (which has good protein.) Chose protein rich veggies, nuts etc. That might be the kick your body needs. Whatever you do, don’t give up. This is a bump in the road. You’ve travelled so far. Just keep going.

Hope this helps. 🤔🙂
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Sat steps - 11,807

I wish I had looked at that last night and I then I would have forsure gotten my 200 steps to meet my goal.

@Terytha I'm sorry the scale isn't moving for you. I get so frustrated when I feel like I am on point but the scale doesn't agree. There are so many factors - have you recently changed your workouts because that can add water weight? Sodium and sugar cause a temporary gain as well. Try not to let it get you down and keep on trying.
  • jugar
    Sorry I’ve been so absent I’m the admin owner of another group. This is my 4th year.
    New Year always taxing buts it’s slowing down now in terms of getting things running..

Glad to see so many are doing well.. I’m doing to try to walk outside this week!

Oh my goodness you are not kidding! How do you manage to do both? I have a question about your weigh-in though -

I had 157 (starting) 156.5 (week 1) as your latest weigh-ins before this one. Either you made a typo or I made 2 of them! Can you confirm if you mean 156 or 166 ?
  • jugar
    YinxFed wrote: »
    I am so sorry that this is late (is it? It's 4.50pm UK time). Anyway:

Weigh in day - Sunday
    Previous weight - 176
    Current weight - 175.8

The loss is miniscule, but it means I'm in the green! Yay me! :)

Not too late at all! Sunday people have the most relaxed weigh-ins of everyone. Since you're the first day of the week, it won't become critical until the end of next Saturday! It is good to get them in on your actual day, though - so thanks! And don't sweat the time - I try to take all the team's time zones into consideration!
  • jugar
    OK Team!
    We had a good Week 1 - we were 79.4% in the green, and lost a healthy total of weight at 43.2 pounds. No one lost a too large amount (which always worries me!), so there was a lot of good, consistent effort that went into good, sustainable losses. Well done!

Let's see if we can get our green percentage higher this week. Without getting obsessive about it - just consistent and sustainable.

As @micki48 said above, sometimes a plateau is exactly what we need. Our bodies really want those "getting used to the new normal" periods, and if they don't get them, things can get frantic. If the plateau seems to go on too long, there is surely something you have to change. @evangsimmons170 cutting out flour for a while. @micki48 packing in more protein. But don't throw your hands in the air and just give up! Little step after little step might not be exciting (like some of the other team members who started intermittent fasting in a big way and lost a LOT this week), but dang - it works. And can be sustained.

Tally ho, wonderful people! Another week is happening.
This discussion has been closed.