WAISTAWAYS January 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,041 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Hope everyone is doing well. Had a Gyn appt. today. She said her oldest patient to go through menopause was 57. At this point, I will be, at least, 56. But I may be going for that record. Ugh! Seriously, for those of you who have been through this, how old were you? Also, she mentioned wanting me on a low dose progesterone only pill to keep the lining thin. Anyone have to do that or know if that’s the same as HRT?

Oh the joys of the menopause! I was 57, I think. I did not have much trouble along the way - and took no medications of any kind, so I'm not much help! What's the reason she wants you to take something? Are you having a lot of problems? If it is just to reduce the volume of the periods, maybe the low dose progesterone would be helpful. I have a really good friend who is a doc - I'll ask her what she thinks of it.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Steps
    1/12 4012
    1/13 not charged
    1/14 4774

I have learned that I really don't like to wear my watch much beyond my work day. When I get home each day I really want the watch off. I'm trying to wear it all day. It's 8 pm and I think its gotta go.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Daily check in: Tuesday
    Calories: within calorie goal
    Exercise: Nothing yet, but chasing a toddler. Planning to bounce on my ball during the debate.
    Water: 94 ounces
    Steps: 8060 right now.

Tomorrow’s goals or opportunities (as they put it):
    1. Go to the gym
    2. Meet step goal and try for 10k
    3. Log everything and stay under calories
    4. Drink at least 80 ounces of 💦

:):):):)

Hope everyone is doing well. Had a Gyn appt. today. She said her oldest patient to go through menopause was 57. At this point, I will be, at least, 56. But I may be going for that record. Ugh! Seriously, for those of you who have been through this, how old were you? Also, she mentioned wanting me on a low dose progesterone only pill to keep the lining thin. Anyone have to do that or know if that’s the same as HRT?

I was 57 when it finally stopped with all that brouhaha. Mom said, “At least you’re not quite as late as great, great (aunt) so-n-so...she was pregnant with her 13th child when she was 53...” yes, indeed! I count my lucky stars. Can you imagine??
    I believe progesterone is synthetically produced vs urine from pregnant horses...not sure if that’s necessary unless you’ve got a lot of clots and/or pain?
    Good luck!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Steps today (disappointing): 2,600
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Steps
    1/14: 8,422
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Steps
    1/14 = 5864

I did 30 min on the treadmill last night, and 20 minutes of yoga this morning, it was hard... I think maybe I need to eat breakfast or a protein shake before exercising in the morning, or just do an easier practice... Last night for dinner I had pizza, carrot fries and salad, so maybe it just wasn't enough protein to last through to this morning... Anyway, I feel good today even though I could barely do a chaturanga... lol

Todays goals are Stay within calories, treadmill for 30 minutes, and do some strength training this evening...
    Tonights dinner I will have to wing it, since I forgot to take the chicken out before I left for work...

Have a great day !
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Sorry I’ve been so absent I’m the admin owner of another group. This is my 4th year.
    New Year always taxing buts it’s slowing down now in terms of getting things running..

Glad to see so many are doing well.. I’m doing to try to walk outside this week!

Oh my goodness you are not kidding! How do you manage to do both? I have a question about your weigh-in though -

I had 157 (starting) 156.5 (week 1) as your latest weigh-ins before this one. Either you made a typo or I made 2 of them! Can you confirm if you mean 156 or 166 ?

Sorry it is 156!

Re the other group, it is just kind of fun to do both. Unfortunately it makes it hard to post a lot here right now. In the other group I run a massive spreadsheet which keeps my brain going!
  • Andreabroadley
    Options
    My sister lives in Edmonton too @fourathomej! Unbelievable cold right now. I know that everyone is watching for frostbite in her family when they the dogs out. Be safe out there!
  • Andreabroadley
    edited January 2020
    Options
    So more medical mysteries for me as well at the start of this year. Landed in ER on Sunday with chest pains during a workout. Ended up overnighting. No MI (although heart enzymes higher than they like to see them and BP way to high) so stress test soon.

I feel fine now. Saw my GP yesterday and we he is encouraging me to keep exercising until I see cardiologist. So I will!

Have a great day everyone!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    @jugar I just realized I'm missing you by 2 weeks. I'll be in Edmonton on Feb 29 for an Oilers game. I won tickets and a hotel stay in a raffle. I'll be the person with the front row seats going "Go team!" Since I don't care about either team playing. We're a Vancouver household. :tongue:

Hopefully it'll be warmer by then. I'm not gonna lie, it was -45 with the windchill yesterday so I played hooky from work. Just stayed home with blankets. Wish I could today but my boss would probably call me on it.

I did bundle up and go to my last trainer appointment last night. We did a body scan to compare to the first one back in August. I've lost 30 lbs and like 15% of my body fat. So that's cool.

Finally, finally dropped the holiday weight and weighed in at 201.8 this morning. I want that on unofficial record, because I have a birthday party to attend on Saturday which means Sunday's weight may be a touch high.

I will endeavor to control myself but dude makes pro quality cocktails and I usually need to be tipsy to survive parties.
  • jugar
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Sorry I’ve been so absent I’m the admin owner of another group. This is my 4th year.
    New Year always taxing buts it’s slowing down now in terms of getting things running..

Glad to see so many are doing well.. I’m doing to try to walk outside this week!

Oh my goodness you are not kidding! How do you manage to do both? I have a question about your weigh-in though -

I had 157 (starting) 156.5 (week 1) as your latest weigh-ins before this one. Either you made a typo or I made 2 of them! Can you confirm if you mean 156 or 166 ?

Sorry it is 156!

Re the other group, it is just kind of fun to do both. Unfortunately it makes it hard to post a lot here right now. In the other group I run a massive spreadsheet which keeps my brain going!

spreadsheets are indeed good for the brain!
    Keep well, and drop by when you can :heart:
  • jugar
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    @jugar I just realized I'm missing you by 2 weeks. I'll be in Edmonton on Feb 29 for an Oilers game. I won tickets and a hotel stay in a raffle. I'll be the person with the front row seats going "Go team!" Since I don't care about either team playing. We're a Vancouver household. :tongue:

Hopefully it'll be warmer by then. I'm not gonna lie, it was -45 with the windchill yesterday so I played hooky from work. Just stayed home with blankets. Wish I could today but my boss would probably call me on it.

I did bundle up and go to my last trainer appointment last night. We did a body scan to compare to the first one back in August. I've lost 30 lbs and like 15% of my body fat. So that's cool.

Finally, finally dropped the holiday weight and weighed in at 201.8 this morning. I want that on unofficial record, because I have a birthday party to attend on Saturday which means Sunday's weight may be a touch high.

I will endeavor to control myself but dude makes pro quality cocktails and I usually need to be tipsy to survive parties.

WOW - bye bye 15% of the body fat! That is more than cool - it is so cool you could keep a side of beef on it for a month, as Zaphod Beeblebrox would have said.

And I hear you on the pro quality cocktails - parties are hard to survive, and resistance is often futile...

Good thing your boss isn't as evil as my daughter's - Sarge came and picked her up at home when her car would not start yesterday morning. Sarge wanted her at work. No matter how comfy and tempting the blankets with cats in them. Poor thing!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    @fourathomej This is what popped up in FB today, seems appropriate for us both:

own2vsiz10dv.jpg
  • cedarfoxy
    cedarfoxy Posts: 72 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Username cedarfoxy
    Wed weigh in day
    PW 221.8
    CW 218.8

Steps
    8 Jan 8132
    9 Jan 8120
    10 Jan 4959
    11 Jan 4206
    12 Jan 3306 (Fitbit died mid day)
    13 Jan 0 (didn't charge, estimated 3000)
    14 Jan 0 (didn't charge, estimated 2000)
    Going to charge my Fitbit now!

• jugar
    Options
    cedarfoxy wrote: »
    Username cedarfoxy
    Wed weigh in day
    PW 221.8
    CW 218.8

Steps
    8 Jan 8132
    9 Jan 8120
    10 Jan 4959
    11 Jan 4206
    12 Jan 3306 (Fitbit died mid day)
    13 Jan 0 (didn't charge, estimated 3000)
    14 Jan 0 (didn't charge, estimated 2000)
    Going to charge my Fitbit now!

Good one!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Daily check in: Tuesday
    Calories: within calorie goal-yes
    Exercise: 53 minutes of taekwondo
    Water: 90ml
    Steps: 7,240

Tomorrow’s goals or opportunities : drink more water

@bunnybuns1111 Do you want to be on the Step Challenge or are you just reporting for you? I can't find any post where you asked to be added, but I may have missed it. If so, sorry. Just let me know and @jugar can do her magic and I'll add you. :)
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    @jugar and @evelynladams527 Thanks for the info. Wow! You were both 57. I think I am in great company then. Was feeling a bit like a weirdo. JK . She was considering the pill because after having no period for 6 months, I had three in a month and a half. She said that shouldn't be and that she loves me and has to monitor carefully to keep me healthy. So we will see. I have no idea how old my mom was as she died 23 years ago and at the time, I wasn't even thinking about menopause to ask her and wasn't expecting her to depart. I don't think it's a huge deal, but was curious about others knowledge. It's such a weird stage for so many women.

This discussion has been closed.