WAISTAWAYS January 2020 Chat

Replies

• conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 975 Member
    @matthewsfive what amazing progress you have made in a year. I am so excited for you. Very inspiring. I'm about 5 weeks from my 1 year mark, it's a big milestone. Congrats!

@evelynladams527 You sound so excited about PT Assistant school. I have worked with some awesome assistants in our department. Such a great and diverse field and low burn out. Enjoy all the fun and excitement the future has in store!

@Terytha As someone who has dedicated their entire working career to playing with toys (and has more toys than my own kids 🤫). I say be a kid or a kid at heart as long as possible!

No school today...SNOW DAY! Woke up to no power and more snow for a total of 17 inches, oh my. Luckily the power came on in time to make coffee and breakfast. I don't know what WaWa's is but you talk about like I talk about Starbucks! Oh, coffee how I love you. Got some snowshoeing in today and even saw the sun. Can't remember the last sunny day so that was a treat!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 975 Member
    Steps 1/13 0 My watch didn't Charge
  • mrsjar5311
    mrsjar5311 Posts: 514 Member
    Woot! Woot! for getting my steps in!

2nd week at my new job and I am feeling a bit more settled. I'll be here more often too as the children are more settled too!

Let me go read and catch up with everyone
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 280 Member
    Steps
    1/13: 8,239
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member

Steps
    1/11 - 7522
    1/12 - 502

Came down with something sunday night and slept all day yesterday didn't even put my fitbit on till the afternoon, feeling better today but didn't do yoga this morning I was super sore from laying down all day yesterday, but HAD to go to work (I do payroll and it has to be in today).... So I'm going to do the treadmill tonight, and will hopefully back at it full strength tomorrow...

• Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Steps
    1/11 - 7522
    1/12 - 502

Came down with something sunday night and slept all day yesterday didn't even put my fitbit on till the afternoon, feeling better today but didn't do yoga this morning I was super sore from laying down all day yesterday, but HAD to go to work (I do payroll and it has to be in today).... So I'm going to do the treadmill tonight, and will hopefully back at it full strength tomorrow...

Those dates are wrong

Should be
    1/12 - 7522
    1/13 - 502

Sorry my brain isn't working, I lost a day and thought today was monday....
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,036 Member
    Happy Tuesday!

Hope you're feeling better @Gidgitgoescrazy and glad to see you @mrsjar5311 - it can be challenging to catch up after a really busy time. The first few months I was on the team I can remember how hard it was to keep up. It's a lot easier now that I'm retired!

I am having a bit of a grumpy morning. Yesterday, I had errands to run that included paying a very old bill my daughter never paid before she moved out west. That was bad already. Then I had frittered away too much time in the morning, so I was really hungry while I was grocery shopping. I did not buy any flour-based or sweet goodies! I was feeling virtuous, but too hungry to make it home and pull all the groceries up the hill to the house (it's a half mile, very steep...). So I went out to lunch. At a little tiny café that serves only breakfast and lunch. I figured I could at least get salad and something reasonable. Well, it was a sandwich on a white roll that had a mayonnaise-based salad filling, and the salads were all pre-dressed with more mayo - so I got the double whammy of fat and flour. I really feel it today. Meh. I know I'll be fine by tomorrow, so I'll just stop complaining now!

My son offered to cook dinner on my birthday Saturday - yay! I know it will be full of veggies just how I like, and I won't have to go through trying to figure out what to eat in a restaurant. I suspect my taller half will make carrot cake though - I'll try to convince him not to, but I doubt I'll succeed. He makes an awesome carrot cake. Our son will take ALL of it home after dinner!

Have a good one, all :heart:
  • mrslrucker
    mrslrucker Posts: 3 Member
    Weigh in day
    Current- 171.0

Been a rough week. Parents moved close, and dad is having health issues. I homeschool the kids, and it was difficult getting back to routine after Christmas break. I didn’t emotionally eat too much, mostly I didn’t have time!

I know if I keep making good choices things will improve. It’s so slow going tho!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,054 Member
    [quote="evelynladams527;c-44606184"

Oh, I love Zumba. Actually, I love water-zumba! Aching all over, not my fave but the best thing to do is take a bath with 2 cups of Epsom salts. (not salt at all but Magnesium Sulfate) Since the skin is our largest organ, it's able to intake and rebalance our inner needs for magnesium pretty quickly. Your muscles will thank you and, you'll be hard pressed to recall just which part of you was the achy-est. Ah. I love epsom salt baths. Maybe I'll take one to help *you* feel better? :smiley:
    Enjoy those drippy, gooey, snotty kids for me. I'm happy to work with the adults who need a break with others whose kids are grown and flown. My days of working with pre and Elementary schoolers is but a memory. It was good at the time. Now, I'm back at school working on a Physical Therapy Assistant degree. It'll go nicely with the massage certificate.
    Have a good sleep![/quote]

As it happens I did have a nice hot soak before bed - quite blissful and I fell asleep almost as soon as my head hit the pillow!

I hear you about younger kids I do love them (generally) but I've never had to teach any younger than teenage years. Having said that, my own son's now grown up and married to a lovely girl and I like to think that when they made him they threw away the mould! So I teach English language online to adult students, who need to know the right vocabulary and grammar to pass academic English language exams. I've always taught adults - they always want to be there!
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,361 Member
    @jugar Wishing you a wonderful week and a happy, happy birthday in advance!!! That sounds so wonderful - they are thinking of what you would like.
    Amazing that Jan is already almost half done. This week have been drinking, going to bed earlier and trying to be more conscious about food choices. And worked out mon and tues so far.
  • YinxFed
    @jugar And a Happy Tuesday to you (and all other team members) too! I've had quite a chilled day so far - brought my laptop downstairs as my studio (at the top of the house) was taking an age to warm up! Worked out as I was scheduled to do (30 minutes on the SELF New Year challenge). But I'm busy trying to get some new online courses up and running on my website.

Back to it!
  • YinxFed
    @micki48

Steps for 13th Jan - 9281
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    YinxFed wrote: »
    @jugar And a Happy Tuesday to you (and all other team members) too! I've had quite a chilled day so far - brought my laptop downstairs as my studio (at the top of the house) was taking an age to warm up! Worked out as I was scheduled to do (30 minutes on the SELF New Year challenge). But I'm busy trying to get some new online courses up and running on my website.

Back to it!

@YinxFed What type of website do you have? I'm always curious about what we all do for a living. Many members on this thread are retired and living their best life. I sure can't wait for my day to come! It's closer than I think. :smiley:
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    @micki48 Steps
    Sun 2,618
    Mon 9,030
  • jugar
    Where has the day gone? It is pitch dark out - I had a beautiful walk up in the woods after lugging all the groceries up and putting them away. There is still a good covering of snow, but it is so crusted over I don't need the snowshoes now - so I go faster, but sweat less! There were lots of tracks to follow, including my dear foxes, so it was great to just get out there and hang out with the molecules they left behind.

@YinxFed and @evelynladams527 - all your talk about baths and Epsom salts are very tempting... I am not usually a bath person, but after walking and a good workout, I'm leaning towards one. We're expecting extreme cold by the end of the week - so maybe if I get really hot in a bath today it will last until Friday? Heat me right up?

I always love the unrealistic expectations :p

Tomorrow is Wednesday! HEADS UP for weigh-ins:
    @fourathomej
    @offitgoes
    @evelynladams527
    @cedarfoxy

I'll catch up later!
  • jugar
    cory17 wrote: »
    @jugar Wishing you a wonderful week and a happy, happy birthday in advance!!! That sounds so wonderful - they are thinking of what you would like.
    Amazing that Jan is already almost half done. This week have been drinking, going to bed earlier and trying to be more conscious about food choices. And worked out mon and tues so far.

Thank you! And good job - you are making those good choices, and racking up the check marks day by day. I hope you're feeling impressed with yourself and all that you can do - even if it starts small :heart:

But really, how DID we get to the middle of January already???
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 280 Member
    Yesterday
    logged in ✔️
    Logged steps✔️
    Logged workout✔️
    COMPLETELY FORGOT FOOD DIARY 🤦🏼‍♀️
    And here I was on a good streak.

I’ll have to back log my day. 😂
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    @conleywoods Do you have steps for 1/12? I know your watch didn’t charge for Monday. Or was that both days?
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member

Daily check in: Tuesday
    Calories: within calorie goal
    Exercise: Nothing yet, but chasing a toddler. Planning to bounce on my ball during the debate.
    Water: 94 ounces
    Steps: 8060 right now.

Tomorrow’s goals or opportunities (as they put it):
    1. Go to the gym
    2. Meet step goal and try for 10k
    3. Log everything and stay under calories
    4. Drink at least 80 ounces of 💦

:):):):)

Hope everyone is doing well. Had a Gyn appt. today. She said her oldest patient to go through menopause was 57. At this point, I will be, at least, 56. But I may be going for that record. Ugh! Seriously, for those of you who have been through this, how old were you? Also, she mentioned wanting me on a low dose progesterone only pill to keep the lining thin. Anyone have to do that or know if that’s the same as HRT?
  • bunnybuns1111
    bunnybuns1111 Posts: 42 Member
    Daily check in: Tuesday
    Calories: within calorie goal-yes
    Exercise: 53 minutes of taekwondo
    Water: 90ml
    Steps: 7,240

Tomorrow’s goals or opportunities : drink more water
This discussion has been closed.