• KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Daily check in: Friday
    Calories: within calorie goal
    Exercise: Nada
    Water: I drink so much water!!
    Steps:12,424

This is yesterday since today just started. I finally got sleep last night. The scale was down almost a pound from Mon (my official weigh in day). I am hoping to maintain that loss until Mon. My eating has been really good this week. I am nursing so I aim for around 1800 calories, but I also try to eat fairly clean with those calories. I plan on doing cardio today and tomorrow and then hopefully restart Chalean Extreme on Mon, now the baby appears to be on the mend.

I hope you all have an amazing weekend!!!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Micki48: Is it too late to be added to the steps challenge for this month? I don’t have big numbers but the accountability helps me.

@Steph1498 Happy to see you. Like Liselyn said, don’t beat yourself up. You are here. Just keep going.

Of course we will add you to the step challenge. We want you to have all you need to stay motivated.

With that said, can you give me your steps for this whole week? If not, no worries.

And @jugar Would you add another row to the spreadsheet? Sounds like you have a VERY busy day.
  • micki48
    Options
    Saturday weigh in
    Week 1
    PW 194.4
    CW 192.9 🙂

I haven’t had my Fitbit on yet today and it’s almost noon. I hate when I need to charge. Maybe I need two Fitbits 😉.

Steps for 1/10 - 8,486 👣

I’ll check in later. Now, I’m off to the attic to put away Christmas decorations.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    These are some BA-YOOTIFUL weigh-ins! Lots of green :smiley:

@matthewsfive is in a new decade in more ways than one! Hitting the 170s! WTG. And @micki48 - you're teetering pretty close to the 180s. Won't THAT feel fabulous?

I have a question for @lovethyneighbor though. I had your weigh-in from last week (January 4th) as 212.6, not 218. The 218 was from when you first signed up December 27th. Is that right? Whatever it is, you have lost almost 6 pounds in those 2 weeks!!
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    I have a question for @lovethyneighbor though. I had your weigh-in from last week (January 4th) as 212.6, not 218. The 218 was from when you first signed up December 27th. Is that right? Whatever it is, you have lost almost 6 pounds in those 2 weeks!!

My starting weight is 218.0. I weighed last week bc I thought that was supposedly week one. However I read afterwards that it was supposed to be starting week, then this week as week one. Either way, I still weighed 212.6 today. No loss. No gain. ☺️

• jugar
    Options
    jugar wrote: »

My starting weight is 218.0. I weighed last week bc I thought that was supposedly week one. However I read afterwards that it was supposed to be starting week, then this week as week one. Either way, I still weighed 212.6 today. No loss. No gain. ☺️

I'll split the difference! Then you'll have some lovely green showing in this week :smiley:
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit , so glad you little one is doing better. It makes life better when everyone in the house gets some rest.

So far it has been a great start to the weekend. Got some laundry done and a few other jobs around the house. Got out for a 30 minute snowshoeing adventure while my husband was sledding with the kids. It was so beautiful out and my dog came along as well. The dog was convinced he needed treats at the end. My kids felt the same so we baked some cookies. I only had 2 and they were delicious. Next I need to come up with something healthy for dinner.
  • jugar
    Options
    It's good to hear the team has another snowshoe person @conleywoods - I'm having a very sad day because we're getting some rain and the snow is now too soft and mushy to get out on, so I'm glad to read your post so I can live vicariously with you! And yes, treats are often in order after snowshoeing - it really burns up some pretty serious calories!

CHECK IN on WEIGH-INS:

We're down to the crunch! There are only four weigh-ins due and the week will be a wrap :smiley:
    @Connie7355
    @mrsjar5311
    @evangsimmons170
    @phyllislee124fp

I hope to see you by the end of the day - thanks!
    yfxio5thuhtz.png
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Steps: 4,900
    I’ll check in more tomorrow. Lights are out and I’m ready to lie down.
    😘😴
  • micki48
    Options
    Missing steps: Please get those steps in before 3pm tomorrow. 🙏🏼

@ddmiddleton2 -Wed-Sat
    @YinxFed - Wed-Sat
    @evangsimmons170 - Tues-Sat
    @fourathomej - Wed-Sat
    @cedarfoxy - Wed -Sat
    @lovethyneighbor Fri-Sat
    @Gidgitgoescrazy Fri-Sat
    @conleywoods Fri-Sat
    @offitgoes Fri-Sat
    @Steph1498 whole week
  • micki48
    Options
    Daily check in: Saturday
    Calories: within calorie goal but higher
    Exercise: taking decorations down and carrying boxes upstairs
    Water: 80 ounces
    Steps: 8508 right now. My Fitbit was cranky today and wouldn’t turn on even after it was charged. I was hyperventilating a little. 😉

Went to a nearby hotel and listened to jazz this evening. 🎶 😎What fun!

Tomorrow’s goals or opportunities:

Meet step goal and try for 10k
    Log everything and stay under calories
    Go to the gym or do 30 minutes at home
    Write a letter to a friend

:smiley: 😀😀😀
  • micki48
    Options
    Steps: 4,900
    I’ll check in more tomorrow. Lights are out and I’m ready to lie down.
    😘😴

Great step day Evelyn! Talk to you tomorrow. 🙂

• evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hi Gang! Hope everyone has had a good week. I was sick with the 'crud' Sunday evening through Thursday, when I started to feel better. It wasn't the flu because I never had a fever, but I think it may have been allergies. The cedar here has been horrendous this week. Either way, I felt like I'd been beaten to a pulp most of the week. Despite that, I decided to make 1 change and stick with it this week. I eliminated all breads and anything else made with flour this week. Still no exercise....just didn't feel up to it most of the week.

SW: 349 (from my 1/4/20 entry I believe)
    CW: 346.2 :smiley:

I'm going to keep the no bread/flour thing going for a while to see if the losing trend continues. Additionally, next week, I'm going to make 2 changes: no sweet snacks/desserts/candy and at least 1 meal each day has to be all veggies (no meat). My calorie count is too high and I definitely need to eat more vegetables anyway.

nfkw4ibo8w6k.png
  • micki48
    Options
    @evangsimmons170 Hi Rhonda! Good to hear from you. Sorry to hear the crud had you down. Hopefully this coming week has you feeling much better. Your steps were really great for feeling bad.

I think your goals are fantastic. In fact, I was thinking of making one day a week meat-free. I’m excited to find good recipes. Good luck. Not sure I could give up bread/flour. But I do watch my macros. The sugar elimination can be hard, at first, but once you do it, you don’t crave it as much. I was doing great for awhile, but since Christmas not nearly as well. Still have some stray sweet things around here.

Today, I was eating ganache icing on cookie crumbs 😂(Shhhhhhh🤫) I told my husband, you have to go in the kitchen right now and pour water on that icing. Destroy it. Throw it away. I just can’t do it myself.

Anybody else have adjusted or new goals to share? How about substitutes for sweets? Yummy meatless recipes? Share and let us know what you are doing. 🙂
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Steps
    1/11: 7,432
    1/12: 4,326
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    @micki48 I think the meal that derails me the most is lunch, especially during the work week. So that's the meal I'm going to focus next week for my all veggie meal each day.

Tomorrow I'm going to slow cook my favorite bean recipe....refried beans without the refry.
    https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/70312/refried-beans-without-the-refry/

Plus I have a spaghetti squash, which works well as a pasta replacement or by itself. I recently tried a sweet potato topped with spinach and asiago cheese at a restaurant. It's amazing! I can make that too. I just need to get the asiago cheese. I'll probably add an avocado too.

Finally, I found 2 cabbage recipes that I want to try this week.
    https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/152937/ethiopian-cabbage-dish/

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/231980/sauteed-cabbage/
  • mrsjar5311
    mrsjar5311 Posts: 514 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Weigh in - 67.3kg!
    I'm so so sorry! I'm letting the team down.
    We've just moved cities, I've started a new job and I'm house hunting! I need a gazillion hours in the day! Plus I have no laptop yet (everything in storage thanks to a 3 week holiday before the move!)
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @jugar and @micki48 thanks for the encouragement!

Here are my steps for the last week:
    1/5: 10,039
    1/6: 2,554
    1/7: 5,288
    1/8: 10,846
    1/9: 8,044
    1/10: 11,375
    1/11: 5,841
This discussion has been closed.