DOWNSIZERS January 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• jennt817
    jennt817 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You got this!!! You’re doing great and everybody goes up a bit and then comes down back down...Also, read some of your teams diaries and you’ll see many people have fun days or cheat days...Dont beat yourself up....this does not define you! Your success and dedication to move and feel good is what lifts you up! Be strong! You got this!!!😊🌸💕 seriously...you’re doing amazing.

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,530 Member
    Options
    Monday check in

Calories: under
    Exercise: 60 minute walk, 20 minute swim
    Water: lots

Tuesday goals
    1. 30 minute walk
    2. Make salad for lunch
    3. Keep up with water intake
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    dness1203 wrote: »
    Week 3 weigh in.

Previous 315.1
    Today 316.1

😡😡😡😡. Sorry team no green for me today. This is typically the point at which I completely give up. I’ll have 2 good weeks and then have a gain and then want to just quit. Trying to push through and have a strong week this week.

I would just say don't shoot for a strong week. Push to just have a week. Remember, you have not failed. You did not fail yourself or the team. So therefore no need to quit. There is something that took me years to understand, it's called life. Life happens and oddly enough it will continue to happen. Let tomorrow be another day to.......
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Week 3 weigh in.

Previous 315.1
    Today 316.1

😡😡😡😡. Sorry team no green for me today. This is typically the point at which I completely give up. I’ll have 2 good weeks and then have a gain and then want to just quit. Trying to push through and have a strong week this week.

But THIS time is different because you have a team here pulling for you and telling you that you CAN do this!!! Weight naturally fluctuates. Always! Weight loss is not a linear thing. It is always filled with little ups along with the downs, and one pound is just a tiny little blip. The key is: every day is a new beginning and tomorrow you will
    1. Try to stay within your calorie goal for the day. Don’t starve yourself to make up for the blip. Choose healthy choices, but eat most of the allotted calories.
    2. Try to get in a tiny bit of exercise—walking circles around the inside, or outside, of your home or in the neighborhood, or walking one extra flight of stairs or parking a little further away from the office or the store. Small, barely noticeable changes can add up to a totally doable WIN for you!
    3. Try drinking a glass of water before each meal, or between your cups of coffee, or however you can increase water intake by only one glass if that’s all you can do.

Any or all of these things WILL make a difference! I KNOW you can do this! Check back in here tomorrow and let us know how you’re doing. We are rooting for you!!!
  • hannahhooter
    hannahhooter Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Steps 1/20- 11,770
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    1/20/2020
    Steps 10,030
  • jennt817
    Options
    Monday steps! 9,783
  • kguin0323
    kguin0323 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Overdue weight ins
    @kizer4
    @SereneRose
    @Kguin0323

Monday’s weigh ins
    @dness1203
    @Fizzzy1
    @shushuria

Sorry, travelling over the weekend. PW 178.4, CW 178.8
  • kguin0323
    kguin0323 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Sorry, can't recall where I left off with step counts. I've been off-grid for a bit. So here are the past 5 days steps.
    1/20=9617
    1/19=9436
    1/18= 5769
    1/17=15,010
    1/16= 8246
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Panda4153
    PW 170.6
    CW 169.6

This last week I was not as diligent about food. I still lost which is good, but I need to be tighter about staying in a deficit this week. It would easy to erode the progress I’ve made with the mindset of it’s just one day. My problem has always been just one day turns into a week, a month or more. Consistency is the name of this game and I need to make that my focus.
  • mellane30
    mellane30 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Week 3 weigh in.

Previous 315.1
    Today 316.1

I feel your pain, friend. Now is the time to regroup, though. You already know what it's like to give up so think of this period as a new experiment. Let's see what happens if you don't give up for the next 2 weeks. Instead of focusing on the scale, we could focus on the experiment. Tweaking the experiment is what helps me focus on other stuff like: what happens if I cut down on juice intake, or if I have a healthy choice fudge bar instead of the Breyers ice cream. Sometimes I'll just have a nice hot bath for desert (with my cat, of course, because he just MUST be with me). Just look at little stuff. Or, another thing I like to do that has helped a lot, is to eat something (literally anything you want) and then focus on how it makes you feel physically. I tried this once with a donut. The donut was quite delicious but, in order not to screw up the experiment, I only had a donut and water to see what affect the donut had on my body. I haven't eaten a donut since. haha. :)
    This forum wouldn't exist if adjusting your body was easy. We're here for you. You can do it. Hang in there.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    nqyusw2ritwr.jpeg

WEEK 2 STEP RESULTS
    As a group we walked 381,641 steps
    TOP 3 STEPPERS
    @Kres567 with 58,745 steps
    @jennt817 with 57,208 steps
    @UTMom81 with 53,441 steps

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    nqyusw2ritwr.jpeg

WEEK 2 STEP RESULTS
    As a group we walked 381,641 steps
    TOP 3 STEPPERS
    @Kres567 with 58,745 steps
    @jennt817 with 57,208 steps
    @UTMom81 with 53,441 steps

Great stepping, Jens...lol, both of you!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tuesday check in

Calories: under
    Exercise: 60 minute walk
    Water: lots

Wednesday goals
    1. Walk at least 30 minutes
    2. Go to gym
    3. Log all food

Today has been a day of fighting food cravings. I closed my diary and the kitchen so I am going to stay strong.
  • jennt817
    Options
    Thanks!! This is exciting!!!! 🌸😊🌸😊🌸
    Great job everyone!! Nice stepping!!💕👏🏻
  • jennt817
    Options
    Today’s steps - 1/21-11,856
    -super busy today- day started at 5 and arrived home at 7:30– just finished my diary and climbed into bed!!
    Night Everyone!
    Jenny Jenn Jenn 😊🌸😊🌸😊
  • hannahhooter
    hannahhooter Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Steps for 1/21- 17,622

8am to 10pm I think I sat down twice. Busy day!
This discussion has been closed.