DOWNSIZERS January 2020 Chat

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
Welcome Fat2Fit Challengers

This chat room is where the members of this team meet. Here is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Cheer each other on to success!

We are beginning the January 2020 Challenge - We have six great teams this month. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @beka3695

Our Team Captains:
*Mission Slimpossible - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
*Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
*Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cafeleia
*Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
*Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
*Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and (open)

Our Team Motivators:
*Mission Slimpossible - @AustinRuadhain
*Trimstones - @Angmarie28
*Weight No More - @nstephenson01
*Waist Aways - @Terytha and @evangsimmons170
*Shrinking Assets - @TheMrWobbly (Fitness Captain)
*Downsizers - @UTMom81 and @Kres567

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, and at the end of the week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captain here on your team chat page. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team.

In addition to your own team, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the “Announcements” section for full group challenges.

This month, we have a Green January Challenge. We want every single person here to stay “in the green”. Losses appear in green on our spreadsheet, and that is what we want to see! 100% of us losing in January. Every week. Even if it is only a small amount. We can do it!

Let’s make our new challengers feel welcome and show them some F2F love!! Introduce yourselves, and let the new month begin.

THANKS!

Replies

• 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to post a list of our teammates? That way friend requests might be pondered.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Hi Darren! I will post a linkable list tomorrow in the morning.

Great idea!
  • jennt817
    jennt817 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I love that idea having a team list Darren!! That would be helpful because I don’t think I friended everyone on our team yet.
    Hi! I’m not so tech savy so I am trying to figure out where our chats are and how to get to them... to comment...friend... like! Phew! Haha..if there is a delay from me I’m probably lost some where out here in cyber space! So early apologies!!

What I have been loving about my food tracking is how it helps me make mindful choices... watching the calories add up makes me value what I put into my body! I ask myself some question like”Do you really want this? “Is it worth it?” Sometimes it’s totally worth it and other times absolutely not!!
    I’ve been noticing patterns in my eating and night time is my tricky time...I know physically I am not hungry but I crave random things like gummi bears ...icecream...I am a sweets kinda girl so I favor sweets mostly. I have been using my Apple Watch to track calories and it downloads to the app. When I log in my exercises it cancels my calories 😥 downloaded from my I watch...Does anyone know how I can log both... ?? when I cancel the calories for my manually logged excercises I loose all My steps earned... 😥😩😩....

I was a bit bummed out tonight after I received the pop up message saying if I ate this way everyday I would be at my goal weight... I felt like I didn’t eat a lot today... ugh!! It made my goal feel unattainable... 😔
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,374 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    jennt817 wrote: »
    I love that idea having a team list Darren!! That would be helpful because I don’t think I friended everyone on our team yet.
    Hi! I’m not so tech savy so I am trying to figure out where our chats are and how to get to them... to comment...friend... like! Phew! Haha..if there is a delay from me I’m probably lost some where out here in cyber space! So early apologies!!

What I have been loving about my food tracking is how it helps me make mindful choices... watching the calories add up makes me value what I put into my body! I ask myself some question like”Do you really want this? “Is it worth it?” Sometimes it’s totally worth it and other times absolutely not!!
    I’ve been noticing patterns in my eating and night time is my tricky time...I know physically I am not hungry but I crave random things like gummi bears ...icecream...I am a sweets kinda girl so I favor sweets mostly. I have been using my Apple Watch to track calories and it downloads to the app. When I log in my exercises it cancels my calories 😥 downloaded from my I watch...Does anyone know how I can log both... ?? when I cancel the calories for my manually logged excercises I loose all My steps earned... 😥😩😩....

I was a bit bummed out tonight after I received the pop up message saying if I ate this way everyday I would be at my goal weight... I felt like I didn’t eat a lot today... ugh!! It made my goal feel unattainable... 😔

Jenn, I have an Apple Watch and use apps on it to track my activities, but I track my calories directly on My Fitness Pal either on my phone or on my computer. I use Endomondo (just an exercise tracking app I've had a long time) to track things like bike riding, walks, etc, but when I hike, I have to use the Exercise app that came with my watch (the little green running man) because Hiking isn't on the watch version of Endomondo. Anyway, by logging calories on the MyFitnessPal app, then letting the other apps sync with MFP, it all posts with no problems. I don't know if that helped, or made it worse, but I wish you luck in figuring out what works for you.
  • UTMom81
    edited January 2020
    Options
    In one of the last posts on the December discussion board, @Kres567 mentioned trying to eat lots of berries when she chooses fruit. I don't know where all of y'all are, but the Walmarts here in the South have some awesome blackberries right now. They are packaged by Dole. They aren't organic or anything, but I thought I'd mention them in case the Walmarts other places have them too.
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Thursday Check In
    Calories--under (in the green!)
    Water--not enough, but I have had lots of tea (and for you, @19shmoo69, a couple cups of coffee as well)
    Exercise--it has POURED rain all day here, but I got in a great workout this morning on my exercise bike. I love how sweaty I can get on it in less than 30 minutes! Also, still got in 10K+ steps just doing errands, etc.
    Tomorrow's goals: breakfast meeting with old friends, so figure out what I can eat and be good; another bike session, and stay in the green on calories. OH, I'm having spaghetti tomorrow but I'm using zoodles for noodles for the first time ever. We'll see how that goes!
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Thursday Check In

Calories; at or just under. I made a good start on logging my main meals and snacks. I realized once dinner is done I need to close the kitchen. Not only because of the extra calories but I don’t have the nerdy to weigh and log any snacks. So I should just stop snacking after supper.
    Exercise: I went for an hour long walk today at lunch and it felt great
    Steps: got in well over my goal of 10K

Overall had a really solid day

My goals for tomorrow:
    1. Workout in the morning
    2. Walk at lunch
    3. Pack my lunch and snacks
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Thursday:

-ran for 50 minutes on my treadmill
    -drank 2 litres of water
    Gave up on recording my food, when I became best friends with almond roca :wink:

Friday opportunities
    -drink 2 litres of water
    -do 65 minutes of cardio
    -do 30 minutes of strength
    -record my food
    -stay away from almond roca and sweets

It’s my day off, so I’m going to do a longish workout
  • jennt817
    jennt817 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Morning!!!🌸💕🌸💕
    Here’s my weekly weigh in!
    Jennt817
    Pw: 147
    Cw:146.
    😊
    Have a great rest of your day!!!
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    Thursday Check In

Calories; at or just under. I made a good start on logging my main meals and snacks. I realized once dinner is done I need to close the kitchen. Not only because of the extra calories but I don’t have the nerdy to weigh and log any snacks. So I should just stop snacking after supper.

My goals for tomorrow:
    2. Walk at lunch

Doesn’t a walk at lunch like that feel good?!? Are you able to walk outside up there in Canada? We are having a bit of break from winter weather down here, so hopefully you are too.

Great goals for Friday. I find packing my lunch is KEY for me as well.
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Morning!!!🌸💕🌸💕
    Jennt817
    😊

What a great weigh in!!! Off to a fabulous start!
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Thursday:

-drank 2 litres of water
    Gave up on recording my food, when I became best friends with almond roca :wink:

Friday opportunities
    -drink 2 litres of water
    -do 65 minutes of cardio
    -record my food

Love that you call them "Friday Opportunities"! And that is a great list! I think I might be glad I don't know what almond roca is. LOL I don't need anything else calling my name.
  • Kres567
    Options
    Thursday:

-drank 2 litres of water

Friday opportunities
    -drink 2 litres of water
    -do 65 minutes of cardio
    -record my food

I love that you approach those as opportunities! Totally changes the mindset about this journey we are on. I hope you don’t mind if I start using that word too! 😊
  • Kres567
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    Thursday:

-drank 2 litres of water

Friday opportunities
    -drink 2 litres of water
    -do 65 minutes of cardio
    -record my food

Love that you call them "Friday Opportunities"! And that is a great list! I think I might be glad I don't know what almond roca is. LOL I don't need anything else calling my name.

OMG @UTMom81 - I honestly didn’t see your post when I wrote mine about the word opportunity! We are totally kindred spirits!
  • Kres567
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    Kres567 wrote: »
    Thursday Check In

My goals for tomorrow:
    2. Walk at lunch

Doesn’t a walk at lunch like that feel good?!? Are you able to walk outside up there in Canada? We are having a bit of break from winter weather down here, so hopefully you are too.

Great goals for Friday. I find packing my lunch is KEY for me as well.

Yes, we are having an unusually warm holiday season. Today it is going to be 3 degrees Celsius which I think is about 37 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s sunny too which makes it even nicer.

Got my lunch and snacks all ready on the counter!!
  • Kres567
    Options
    @Beka3695 - my starting weight is 215.4. Thanks for all your time and effort getting us set up!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Morning!!!🌸💕🌸💕
    Jennt817
    😊

I have updated this as your start weight :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Welcome to the January team chat.

I am Linda, the Downsizers team captain along with our awesome motivators @Kres567 and @UTMom81.

When weighing in can you please use the following format:
    Username:
    Weighin week:
    Weighin day:
    Previous weight:
    Current weight:

We will also have a daily checkin you can participate in. It is a good way to stay accountable.
    Suggestion for daily checkin:
    Calories over/under?
    Water:
    Exercise:
    Goals for tomorrow:

There will be various challenges within the group. I really recommend you participate in them. I found being involved in the challenges helps me reach my goals. They are also another way to connect with your teammates or other teams in group challenges. Keep your ears open for upcoming challenges!

Please take the time to introduce yourself to the group. It is fun to get to know each other a little.

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    UPDATE! F2F's own Habit Tracker

Everyone on any team is welcome to use our habit tracking spreadsheet. The tracking starts on Sunday, but please go in and set up your name and list of habits before then if you can. Here is how it works:
    1. open https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hGjC7OQrH9Cb8U5gmkeax8VXYm2wsTiSYg43Dg0s_LE/edit?usp=sharing
    2. go to the bottom, and choose your team from the tabs
    3. put your MFP use name in the column on the left (highlight "name" and type in yours to replace it)
    4. add up to five habits you want to track daily
    5. check the box when you do it!
    It is completely up to you to update your own tracking. Do it every time you finish, daily, weekly - however you want. Just be sure it is complete at the end of every Saturday so we can include this in the weekly winners circle!

Any problems? Message me @jugar or ask here and your Captains can find out!
This discussion has been closed.