• kguin0323
    kguin0323 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    1/6 stepcount 11,757
  • Hilogirl2018
    Hilogirl2018 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    jennt817 wrote: »
    I’m interested but I’m a bit of a weak link...I’m sick at the moment but desires that...I don’t hit it as hard as others... I can join to help but if you need people who really rack up steps I’m probably not the best candidate... I can be backup if you need numbers! 😊

Everyone is welcome! Nobody is a weak link.

That's great, because I'm fairly sedentary (disabled), and my step count will be pathetically low lol. But I'll contribute!
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    mellane30 wrote: »
    Call it frustrating, interesting, odd..whatever you want to call it is just fine. I cleaned my fridge out, got rid of so much junk in the house, switched up my dark chocolate almonds for some veggies and pnt butter (snackies), walked more (I'm avoiding the gym like the plague because there's a million people there right now and people drain me), and stayed at or under my calorie goals...and gained a pound! I realize that the body needs time to adjust and figure out what's going on when you make changes but I wanted to throw the scale right out the window.
    I am sure things will change but the start out the gate is a little rough.

Past weight: 213.8
    Current weight: 214.6
    Week 1

That all means you’re in for a big SWOOSH! Just keep doing the right things, and hang onto your hat. It’s coming!!!
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    mellane30 wrote: »
    Call it frustrating, interesting, odd..whatever you want to call it is just fine. I cleaned my fridge out, got rid of so much junk in the house, switched up my dark chocolate almonds for some veggies and pnt butter (snackies), walked more (I'm avoiding the gym like the plague because there's a million people there right now and people drain me), and stayed at or under my calorie goals...and gained a pound! I realize that the body needs time to adjust and figure out what's going on when you make changes but I wanted to throw the scale right out the window.
    I am sure things will change but the start out the gate is a little rough.

Past weight: 213.8
    Current weight: 214.6
    Week 1

I’m so sorry, you can know that logically that this is just a normal weight fluctuations, and not actual weight gain given all you’ve been doing, but we are human and our feelings are not logical. I know this must be so frustrating for you! It sometimes feels like it takes a ton of effort for so littl loss and nothing for a gain.

You are doing all the right things, and if you keep doing those things you will lose. Let yourself feel what you feel, and then keep going!!
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Monday Check in

I’m a little late - was at my sons hockey game late last night.

Calories: under (and it showed on the scale this morning so I really want to keep this going)
    Exercise: worked out in the morning and long walk at lunch
    Water; about 80oz so not bad

Opportunities for Monday:
    1. Workout in the morning✅
    2. Walk at lunch - it’s getting colder this ✅week so I want to take advantage while I can
    3. Follow the habit tracker❌

Opportunities for Tuesday
    1. Workout this afternoon or evening
    2. No sweets after supper
    3. Follow the habit tracker

• Kres567
    Options
    Cornanda wrote: »
    User name: Cornanda (as in Corn on da cob)
    starting weight: 186.2
    Current weight: 185.4 (usual weigh in day is Friday, I will post again on Friday)
    Loss: 0.8 pounds

Introducing myself- I've struggled with my weight all my life. Lately, it's been more of a struggle, probably due to my advanced age :D (50s). A few weeks ago, I was diagnosed with hypertension and I suspect my blood work will soon show I have prediabetes. It's time to get this show on the road and take care of myself! I'm not ready to be on meds every day and going to doctor visits- I've got some living to do!

Your energy and attitude is right where it needs to be to get ahead of this! So happy you joined this challenge! We are here to support you and cheer you on!
    Monday:
    ✳️Workout: 42 minutes of running and 15 mins. strength
    ✳️Diary: stayed within my limit
    ✳️Water: drank 2 litres

Tuesday opportunities:
    ✳️Stay within goal calories
    ✳️Eat a green salad
    ✳️Drink 2 litres of water
    ✳️Workout
    ✳️Avoid the sweets

I hope that you’ve all had a fantastic day!! I’m really enjoying reading your updates and posts.

Cheers:)

I love the green salad opportunity. So simple but important!
  • jennt817
    jennt817 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!
    I hope everyone is having a good week!
    My steps today are 11,000...

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,585 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check in

Calories: under
    Exercise: no gym but did walk and met step goal
    Water: beyond my goal

Wednesday’s goals
    1. Rest to kick this bug in the butt
    2. Log everything
    3. Be mindful of water goal

Still not feeling the greatest but this morning I was back to my lowest weight since starting my journey. Hopefully it stays their or below for my Friday weigh in.
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Tuesday Chevk In

Calories: under
    Exercise: longest bike workout so far and on a difficult program. I was disappointed in myself yesterday for not getting in any exercise at all, so I made up for it today. I’m happy about this!
    Water: 60+ oz, it’s getting easier for me to drink a lot again, but I still forget to track it as I go. Gotta work on that and move my way up toward 80 oz soon.

Tomorrow:
    Stay in the green on calories
    Exercise hard one last time before the baby comes on Thursday night/Friday.
    Do something fun and/or relaxing. Not sure what yet.
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Still not feeling the greatest but this morning I was back to my lowest weight since starting my journey. Hopefully it stays their or below for my Friday weigh in.

Sure hope you get to feeling better soon. Rest and recuperate!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Tuesday Check In

Calories: probably over. Was at the doctors with my hubby most of the day so ate out and didn’t stay on track 100%
    Exercise: over 10Kmsfeps; 30 minute interval treadmill run
    Water: good

• 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Monday check In
    Calories way over thanks to entire bag of gluten free pretzels.
    Coffee way under par
    Exercise idk
    Steps 8066
  • kguin0323
    kguin0323 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Step count for 1/7 = 9513
    Way too tired to take any more steps!
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options

Tuesday:
    ✅Stay within goal calories
    ✅Eat a green salad
    ✅Drink 2 litres of water
    ❌Workout Getting over a chest cold
    ✅Avoid the sweets

Wednesday’s opportunities
    Stay within calories
    Eat green salad
    Drink 2 litres of water
    Cardio and strength train
    Avoid the sweets

Keep it going, everyone!! 😊
  • gharvey2753
    gharvey2753 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Ordered a New Fitbit Versa 2 coming next week so will add the Fitbit users. Will also help keep my diary more accurate for burned calories. Have completed diary yesterday will be updating daily so please feel free to check out. 1500 calorie goal seemed hard at the start but getting used to it. Just need to brave the elements to get some cardio fitness done.
  • UTMom81
    Options
    kguin0323 wrote: »
    Step count for 1/7 = 9513
    Way too tired to take any more steps!

That's still great stepping!
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Username: gharvey2753
    Start weight 183ibs