MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLE January 2020 Chat

jugar
jugar Posts: 10,010 Member
Welcome Fat2Fit Challengers

This chat room is where the members of this team meet. Here is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Cheer each other on to success!

We are beginning the January 2020 Challenge - We have six great teams this month. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @beka3695

Our Team Captains:
*Mission Slimpossible - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
*Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
*Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cafeleia
*Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
*Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
*Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and (open)

Our Team Motivators:
*Mission Slimpossible - @AustinRuadhain
*Trimstones - @Angmarie28
*Weight No More - @nstephenson01
*Waist Aways - @Terytha and @evangsimmons170
*Shrinking Assets - @TheMrWobbly (Fitness Captain)
*Downsizers - @UTMom81 and @Kres567

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, and at the end of the week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captain here on your team chat page. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team.

In addition to your own team, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the “Announcements” section for full group challenges.

This month, we have a Green January Challenge. We want every single person here to stay “in the green”. Losses appear in green on our spreadsheet, and that is what we want to see! 100% of us losing in January. Every week. Even if it is only a small amount. We can do it!

Let’s make our new challengers feel welcome and show them some F2F love!! Introduce yourselves, and let the new month begin.

THANKS!

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member

Hello everyone!!! I’m so excited about a new month, a new year, and a whole new decade!! Welcome to our new members - and welcome back to returning members!! :)

I am Teresa a Mission Slimpossibles captain along with captain Mark(@broncobuddee). Team leadership also includes our awesome motivator @AustinRuadhain. We are looking for one more Motivator. If you are interested please message myself or @broncobuddee.

Here are some pointers to get our new team members started:

1) Weigh-ins

Moderators have already posted instructions on the weigh-ins but as a reminder on your weigh-in day please post your weight in the following format:
    Username: (Your MFP username)
    Weigh-in week: (The week you are entering your weight for ex. Week 4)
    Weigh-in day: (The day you weigh in each week. Sat-Fri)
    Previous Weight: (The last weight you entered)
    Todays Weight: (Your weight on your chosen weigh-in day)

2) Check-ins

Along with our weekly weigh-ins, many team members also participate in daily check-ins. We recommend them as a way to stay accountable and provide the following information each day:

Calories: over/under?
    Water: over/under?
    Exercise:
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow:

3) Challenges

We love challenges because they help us stay mindful of our goals and they allow us to get to know each other better! Look for challenges that you can be involved in within the group and also from the different teams. These will be clearly posted on the front page and posted inside the group.

Your participation is key!! Have a success today? Share it! A challenge? Share it! A question? Please ask! Some else is likely to benefit from your participation.

Finally, let's help welcome our new members with some introductions. Please share your name, where you live, and what brought you here to The Fat 2 Fit Challenge Group. If you have specific goals for this year, please share those as well. We are heard to support and cheer you on!

I’ll go ahead with my introduction

As I said above, my name is Teresa! :) I’m an almost 54-year-old wife and mother to a fur baby named Maggie Mae. I am the ministry assistant at my church and a 3rd to 5th grade Sunday school teacher.
    I’ve been a member of The Slimpossibles for well over a year and became a captain a few months ago. I love having the opportunity to serve this team and, in the process, keep myself motivated on my own weight loss and fitness goals.

I’ve struggled with my weight for most of my life and in 2017 got serious enough to join Weight Watchers, which I stayed with for 2 years and lost 60 lbs. I have another 40 to 50 lbs to go and over this past year have tried several different plans with varying degrees of success. I’m currently entering 2020 by doing intermittent fasting and calorie counting with a focus on lower carbs and whole foods. I work out at home on my treadmill and with Beachbody On Demand programs. I like how working out makes me feel and after just a couple of months, I can now even do a plank or two. ;)

As one of your captains, I promise to stay active in the group and do my best to keep you all motivated and committed to your health goals. It is also my goal that Mission Slimpossibles will be at the top of the leader board for the most weight loss! Are you with me? Let’s rock 2020 and make it the best decade ever!! B)

• dee_toronto
    dee_toronto Posts: 65 Member
    I massively fell off the wagon in 2019. Would I be able to rejoin the group?
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    edited January 2020
    Yay! We have a January Chat thread!

Official Weigh In is in the Red at 198.2. My sweet intake has been higher this last week causing my carbs and sugar to be higher than normal AND I have increase my strength training from “maybe I feel like lifting once a week” (a big maybe at that) to 2 times this week. I always see a slightly higher number on scale when lifting. Fingers crossed, if I stick with it hopefully I will start to see more positive changes with my body plus see the scale start moving down again. These last two days my sugar intake has decreased (by 50 or so). Today will be better!

01/03
    Check In
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 198.2
    Todays Weight 198.2

Yesterday
    Calories: under
    Water: over/under? Over
    Macros: protein good
    Exercise: upper body strength

Yesterday’s Fitbit/mfp stats:
    2577 steps. 5500 goal steps
    2.39 miles
    2440 burned calories
    21 active
    81 sleep score
    63 resting sleep
    1805 calories consumed

Macros…Carb 51% goal 40%, Fat 23% goal 30%, Protein 26% goal 30%

Basic Goals
    30 active (heart rate driven) minutes: 22 active, 7 light
    Complete food diary: ✔️
    Stay hydrated(more than 64 oz): ✔️
    Stay below mfp sugar goal:
    Meet fiber in range: ✔️
    Daily self care: meditating, crafting, reading, etc. ✔️
    Sleep: minimum 7 hours ✔️

My vision for 2020:
    To find out who I am outside of “mom” since I will be an empty nester in the 5 months.
    To love me no matter where I am at in my journey.
    To pursue habits and hobbies that I will enjoy and that will enrich my soul.
    To focus on total health (mind, body, and soul)

Don’t let any one weigh-in dictate what I do.
    Choose to do the work.
    Choose to show up & do the actions.
    Don’t give up when you get your first bit of resistance.
    Stick to your habits no matter what. Ignore your ego and avoid complacency.
    Keep a connection with others who understand what this journey. Isolation is not helpful
    Don’t hide when weight gain happens. Assume it will. Share your truth, and don’t let your mind tell you no one will understand.
    Make up your mind that you are and will be successful.
    Accept that this is your struggle, and you will not be fixed. I will need to continuously manage my condition.

[/spoiler!]
  • TeresaW1020
    edited January 2020

Yes, welcome back to the wagon!! I will tell the moderator to put you back o the team. When is your weigh-in day and starting weight? Let's make it this year the best! B)
  • jugar
    UPDATE! F2F's own Habit Tracker

Everyone on any team is welcome to use our habit tracking spreadsheet. The tracking starts on Sunday, but please go in and set up your name and list of habits before then if you can. Here is how it works:
    1. open https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hGjC7OQrH9Cb8U5gmkeax8VXYm2wsTiSYg43Dg0s_LE/edit?usp=sharing
    2. go to the bottom, and choose your team from the tabs
    3. put your MFP use name in the column on the left (highlight "name" and type in yours to replace it)
    4. add up to five habits you want to track daily
    5. check the box when you do it!
    It is completely up to you to update your own tracking. Do it every time you finish, daily, weekly - however you want. Just be sure it is complete at the end of every Saturday so we can include this in the weekly winners circle!

Any problems? Message me @jugar or ask here and your Captains can find out!
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    I love the habit tracking website. I have added my goals. I have a bunch of fitness goals for the new year, I just hope I don't get burnt out. Sometimes I get into planning goals/scheduling and then I fizzle out doing it. I think sometimes the planning seems like work or it takes the spontaneity out of it.

So even though I have set of fitness goals for each week I'm also going to try to listen to my body, be aware of what I may need physically, and try to change it up if I feel tired or bored.

Calories this week- I'm over by about 500, mainly bc I overdid it on New Year's. So I've been working hard to get back on track the last couple of days. I've really gained weight over the last few months and I can see it, and I can't seem to shake it. I feel like my body maybe thinks it's a bear and needs to bulk up for the winter lol.

I went for a run yesterday and it felt good but man I am beat. But I'm going to the gym this aft to do some core.

Tomorrow- a shorter run, and strength training upper body.

Hey to all the new folks! I'm cleo, Canadian, love working out. Love watching sports especially baseball and basketball. I hate hockey. And Tim Hortons. It drives me crazy when people come to Canada and all the Canadians are like try Tim Horton's! And I'm like Tim's is owned by a company in South America so it is not Canadian and it also sucks.

Had to get that off my chest lol.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 688 Member
    Thursday weigh in week 1 (02Jan2020)
    Previous weight: 192.7
    Current weight: 188.4

I have been off work since 20Dec and went back today, working from home today and Monday, Tuesday is my first day in the office for a couple of weeks. That can be another layer of difficulty for exercise and eating but I am feeling really good about where I am and how I am doing, and feel strong about the next few days and weeks. It's been a while since I have felt this way to this degree and I'm going to keep working at it. =>

I decided to add a question to my list - it's all well and good to acknowledge what is going right so that I can see the bigger picture and not get bogged down when a misstep occurs, but that should be balanced with what I can do better; both are applicable, daily. What went right, what could have been better.

Planned and Prelog 3 meals? yes, all three - but some swaps were made. They were comparable and within plan
    Times? B 10a, L 230p, D 6p
    Non-planned eating and thoughts?
    Hunger? a low hunger day - i more or less forgot to eat lunch and then realized I was pretty hungry but felt an apple versus the planned lunch was a better choice - no backlash of hunger
    Things that went right? planning and pre-logging, took a long walk at lunch. Dinner was split in two as I assessed hunger.
    Things to work on - PnP work, watching the modules, assessing the plan
    Exercise? 3.5 mile walk in the hood [steps logged the next day] (steps 02Jan2020 9,611)
    Sleep? 1030p-7a [log the morning after]
  • raleighgirl09
    jugar wrote: »
    UPDATE! F2F's own Habit Tracker

Everyone on any team is welcome to use our habit tracking spreadsheet. The tracking starts on Sunday, but please go in and set up your name and list of habits before then if you can. Here is how it works:
    1. open https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hGjC7OQrH9Cb8U5gmkeax8VXYm2wsTiSYg43Dg0s_LE/edit?usp=sharing
    2. go to the bottom, and choose your team from the tabs
    3. put your MFP use name in the column on the left (highlight "name" and type in yours to replace it)
    4. add up to five habits you want to track daily
    5. check the box when you do it!
    It is completely up to you to update your own tracking. Do it every time you finish, daily, weekly - however you want. Just be sure it is complete at the end of every Saturday so we can include this in the weekly winners circle!

Any problems? Message me @jugar or ask here and your Captains can find out!

Wow - I love this! Thanks @jugar and all who helped get it off of the ground! Looking forward to using it!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,533 Member
    Friday check-in
    Calories- over
    Exercise- none
    Water- over

My aunt is in town, we met with my parents for Chinese food then tomorrow is a large family Christmas party out-of-town so calories are over and I won't have the chance to exercise. The only healthy thing that'll be at brunch is my salad so far! Wasn't the best eating day even with Chinese food, woke up hypoglycemic and ate everything that wasn't nailed down. Chocolate is gone! Honestly not sure what to do about hypoglycemic cravings, my blood sugar is low enough that I need to eat something, my body just seems to go overboard with cravings and all I can think of is exercising less so it's not going so low but that doesn't seem right either.
  • dee_toronto
    dee_toronto Posts: 65 Member
    Friday check-in/weigh in
    Calories- way over
    Exercise- none
    Water- under
    Weight: 198.5
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member

1/4 checkin!

What’s everyone’s health plans for the weekend? Today I plan to pull out cookbooks and plan my weekly menu. I failed to do that these past few weeks and I think it made a negative impact on reaching some of my basic goals. Also, I plan to do some restorative yoga today with a rest day tomorrow!

01/04
    Check In
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 198.2
    Todays Weight 197.6💥

Yesterday
    Calories: maintenance
    Water: over/under? Over
    Macros: hmmm🌪
    Exercise: cardio

Yesterday’s Fitbit/mfp stats:
    5054 steps. 5500 goal steps
    2.19 miles
    2278 burned calories
    25 active
    81 sleep score
    63 resting sleep
    1830 calories consumed

Macros…Carb 52% goal 40%, Fat33% goal 30%, Protein 14% goal 30%

Basic Goals
    30 active (heart rate driven) minutes: 25👎
    Complete food diary: 🎉
    Stay hydrated(more than 64 oz): 🍾
    Stay below sugar goal: 🍭
    Meet fiber in range: 👎
    Daily self care: meditating, crafting, reading, etc. 👎
    Sleep: minimum 7 hours 🛏

My vision for 2020:
    To find out who I am outside of “mom” since I will be an empty nester in the 5 months.
    To love me no matter where I am at in my journey.
    To pursue habits and hobbies that I will enjoy and that will enrich my soul.
    To focus on total health (mind, body, and soul)

Don’t let any one weigh-in dictate what I do.
    Choose to do the work.
    Choose to show up & do the actions.
    Don’t give up when you get your first bit of resistance.
    Stick to your habits no matter what. Ignore your ego and avoid complacency.
    Keep a connection with others who understand what this journey. Isolation is not helpful
    Don’t hide when weight gain happens. Assume it will. Share your truth, and don’t let your mind tell you no one will understand.
    Make up your mind that you are and will be successful.
    Accept that this is your struggle, and you will not be fixed. I will need to continuously manage my condition.

• raleighgirl09
    mrmcgrath wrote: »
    1/4 checkin!

What’s everyone’s health plans for the weekend? Today I plan to pull out cookbooks and plan my weekly menu. I failed to do that these past few weeks and I think it made a negative impact on reaching some of my basic goals. Also, I plan to do some restorative yoga today with a rest day tomorrow!

@mrmcgrath me too! I have had a loose weekly food plan for a few days, tightening it up today for the week - first I had to figure out what I am doing! Also - fitting in exercise today around going to one of the kids' house and watching the baby while sick mama sleeps - and taking them a dinner and making sure we're all set for our dinner here at home! Tomorrow is shop for the weekly plan, do the pre-cooking so we have entree choices during the week. Hey - what kinda plan do all my Slimpossible peeps have, if you also food prep? I am starting a weekly plan around a structure that fits our lifestyle and is a loose representation of what has happened somewhat naturally in the past - see below and what this week's will be. Breakfast is usually eggs because it's easy for home or work - or whatever sounds good and I usually try to stick to the 200-250 range. Lunch is dinner leftovers or wraps with salad and deli turkey. Dinner is the eat whatever sounds good among the prepped choices. This week I can do nachos, grain bowls, amp up a salad by throwing on any of the prepped or available proteins. And everyone can eat when they want to, not around a cooking schedule which could be dependent on the tired factor....
    • 2 entree choices (sheet pan fajitas with chicken and roasted veggies and sheet pan tofu)
    • Soup (turkey veg which is already done, yay me!)
    • On hand (chicken salad, cooked rice, frozen shrimp)
    • Salad fixin's (we have been all about the Greek salads of late so we'll do that)

I think (think - as in - guessing at this point) that if I follow my own basics and adjust as needed, it will make prepping weekly a lot easier - just pick what I'll do from each category! Happy Saturday, peeps!
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member

Yay!! So happy to see you back!!
  • TeresaW1020
    fnfy708jvwtq.jpg

Hey Team! Did I get your attention? Good!! :D I am super excited to see that many of you have already signed up for the new habit tracker!! I just know that it's going to make a big difference in my life and I hope it will in yours too. I've been learning a lot about the importance of creating good habits because that is what will get the results I want for my life. Today, I watched a video from B.J. Fogg and he says, "Simplicity changes behavior." Well, you can't get much simpler than having a free habit tracker created just for you to use. Even if it's just one little change, I hope you will sign up and take advantage of this useful tool.

Please click the link and let's make it happen! I want to see the Mission Slimpossibles achieving our goals this year. B)

Habit Tracker!!!
    1. Everyone on any team is welcome to use our habit tracking spreadsheet. The tracking starts on Sunday, but please go in and set up your name and list of habits before then if you can. Here is how it works:
    2. open https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hGjC7OQrH9Cb8U5gmkeax8VXYm2wsTiSYg43Dg0s_LE/edit?usp=sharing
    3. go to the bottom, and choose your team from the tabs
    4. put your MFP use name in the column on the left (highlight "name" and type in yours to replace it)
    5. add up to five habits you want to track daily
    6. check the box when you do it!
    7. It is completely up to you to update your own tracking. Do it every time you finish, daily, weekly - however you want. Just be sure it is complete at the end of every Saturday so we can include this in the weekly winner's circle!

u2vaejjh0xz9.jpg

• raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09
    Saturday check in

It's been a good day - omg...watching a 16 month old stacking blocks can cause euphoric exhilaration....? Who knew? => Grandmas - gotta love 'em (or at least have patience with 'em)!

Planned and Prelog 3 meals? Yes, all 3. Lunch and breakfast got swapped
    Times? B 10a, L 2p, D 730p
    Non-planned eating and thoughts?
    Hunger? Low hunger day
    Things that went right? planning, eating on plan, getting a walk in on a day when there were some obstacles
    Things that could be better? - being more mindful of the PnP stuff (it's a bit overwhelming)
    Exercise? 2.4 mile walk in the hood +[steps logged the next day] (steps 03Jan2020 10,610
    Sleep? 1045p-715a [log the morning after]
  • jugar
    @mrmcgrath -- a small request!
    Can you make your official weekly weigh-ins clearer please? The best for those of us looking to fill in the spreadsheets quickly and easily if if you make the official weigh in a completely separate message from anything else.

Even if it says nothing more than "weigh in this week" or "weigh in week 5" or whatever week it is - and then your weight - that is fine! You don't need to include last week's or anything else, although it is fun if you do.

But please, make it a separate message so we don't have to search for it. Thanks!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,533 Member
    @mrmcgrath nice loss!I like your 2020 vision!

@dee_toronto welcome back!

Sat check-in
    Calories- way over
    Exercise- none
    Water- over

OK, NOW it's starting to feel like the New Year! Have relatives visiting and today was the Christmas party on my Mom's side of the family so we left early this morning and came back after/around dinner. Honestly, the only healthy food was the salad I brought for brunch and the fruit at the yogurt bar, the rest was doughnuts, eggs Benedict with filet mignon, cinnamon rolls, truffles, you get the idea. I didn't eat great but didn't stuff myself though I'm definitely full and overate, just didn't eat until I felt sick when exposed to lots of favorite food for a change. I drink a lot of water and would normally pop a truffle or other goodie in my mouth each time I went in kitchen and didn't today. I even threw away a truffle and a chocolate cookie that I decided weren't worth it, I never do that! I got a bag of Chex party mix with a gift and gave it to my brother and was proud of myself, but we hung out there when we got back and everyone but me ate dinner and I munched on it so no brownie point. I planned on eating the rest of my salad for dinner but decided I was full enough, did dishes, and made tea. So, overate? Yes. Binged? No. Said screw it? No. I was worried after how I overate yesterday with low blood sugar and how I ate on the last two holidays but I'm kind of proud of myself. Still have a stomach ache and deserve it, but it won't keep me awake.

For those that are new I adopted 2 feral kittens at the end of August. In the White Elephant gift exchange I got an "antler" nut bowl with unshelled walnuts and walnut cracker. If i dare put that on my coffee table I'll be hearing walnuts rolling on the hardwood floor all night! Great gift idea but it's going to stay on the kitchen counter, they knock over enough stuff!

Meal prep- I'm not a huge prepper but I'm having fun with my Instant pot, I make a bag of dried beans every week for my lunch salads then a bean/legume soup, chili, or gumbo and freeze half. I'm still working on black bean sweet potato chili. Next up is black-eyed peas and collard greens, I'm a few days behind. I got my produce box Monday so I plan dinners according to which vegetables go bad first, so stir fry or soup with spinach and kale will be sooner than potatoes, carrots, or winter squash. I'm not a huge breakfast food eater so a lot of times I'll have the soup or chili for breakfast, lunch salad, then chicken/fish/tofu/beans and veg for dinner with enough for another meal.

Quote I read today and liked: You Can't Create a New Life With the Old You.
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Weigh in
    Apple852hk
    Week 1 - Jan 2020
    Sunday
    PW 163.5 (74.2kg)
    CW 165.12 (74.9kg)

This might be up but I'm determined that I'll eat better this coming week. I have no excuse with festive food anymore.

I've managed 5 days in a row this January to walk 40 minutes in the morning before breakfast. I've also meditated 5 mins in the morning. I hope these changes will become daily habits.

Wishing everyone a good start to 2020!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,572 Member
    edited January 2020
    Friday check-in/weigh in
    Calories- way over
    Exercise- none
    Water- under
    Weight: 198.5

Welecome back, @dee_toronto ! We are delighted to have you join us again! I hope you had a wonderful holiday season. Great job kicking things off going ahead and checking in!
    tbokfvk9x0yx.gif
This discussion has been closed.