MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLE January 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• Motiv8tedMom
    Motiv8tedMom Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Had a great start today. Got my exercise on the elliptical and stayed under my calories and drank 64 ounces of water. Doing an insanity workout with my friend in the morning. Hope I survive!!!
  • sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I have a question. My best friend knows my goals and what I want to accomplish as far as weight but he keeps offering me food not on my meal plan. Chocolate, which is my weakness and Curry or Thai noodles. Love both. I chose health carbs and cut out a lot of sugar. I take the food and throw it out. Am I wrong?😞

You are not wrong! There will always be saboteurs trying to get in your way. @jactop had good advice.
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Jennifer - known around here as Rachelleahsmom. I've been trying to change my user name to something with my real name (Rachel and Leah are my kids) but I haven't figured out how to do it. I also had a terrible time finding this thread! I'm not a technical idiot, but it HAS been a long day (week, month, year).

Today is my weigh in day.
    User name - rachelleahsmom
    week #1 January 6
    previous weight 145 pounds
    today's weight 145 pounds

Thanks for helping me stay accountable!
    Much love and success to all of you!
  • sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Monday check in

Stayed within my WW points
    Water 100 oz
    Exercise 15,279 including a half hour workout.

Habits I want to work on
    1. Track all food ✅
    2. Stay within my WW points✅
    3. Minimum of 64 oz of water✅
    4. Exercise 4 times a week✅
    5. MFP check in daily✅

Day one of being back on track for me and it was an awesome one. Going back to the basics that worked so well for me the first time. Preplanning being one of those things, lots of water, making time to connect to this group each day, tracking my food, staying within my WW points and putting my headphones on to dance it out. Can’t wait to see how it pays off Thursday!
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Hello again. I'm a newbie to this group, so thought I would share a little. I'm 55 years old and have two wonderful children and a husband that is okay most of the time. I also have a rescue cat named Patrick. I currently live in the frozen tundra of North Dakota but am originally from the (slightly less) frozen tundra of Michigan.

I've been terrible at water intake for the past several months, so that is my first goal. I have others, but this is the one that needs the most attention.

Also, my record for getting my 10,000 steps is 12 consecutive days, so I'm working on that, too. Part of my job is quite sedentary, so sometimes this can be a real challenge.

Nice to meet all of you!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    @Jactop - Great check-in! I love your Daily Habits! And, wow you so torched it on Steps! 👣
    I am so glads you like the links! Thanks for the compliment. The admiration is mutual, for sure! 🤩

@raleighgirl09
    Woohoo! Congratulations on all that food prep work done!
    One last thing - will go in and log food for tomorrow before bed! Got some time in for reading others' journey stories and encouraging them....it's such an amazing thing, this holding one another up. I wonder who end benefits more...? But don't care as long as it continues a foundation of good =>
    Thank you so SO very much for all that you share. I am convinced that the value goes both ways. I hope so. I know you inspire me and make me smile so often! 💡🔥❤️

@Cafelelia and @TeresaW1020 -Wow! Thank you SO much for taking on being Moderators! We are so lucky to have you as leaders of this wonderful group! 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

@Jactop - Jackie, wow! ✨ What a great weigh-in! ✨

@wrknonmedaily - Love that check-in! Congrats on having a great day! 🏆

@nbabby - I can totally see wanting a break for a couple of days. Let us know if we can support you in some way, if things get challenging.

@TeresaW1020 - Thank you! You are so kind. I am so grateful and happy to be working with you on this. 🙌🏽
    Oh, and I am TOTALLY excited you are trying out Tiny Habits. Let me know how it goes! 😃
    So, of the 5 things I am tracking in our Habit Tracker, 3 are tiny habits that I am making part of my morning routine -- after I get up and put my feet on the floor, I do the first of my 3 things.
    If anyone else is interested, Stanford professor B.J. Fogg has a free short course on creating tiny habits that I found useful. If you want to know more, his Tiny Habits book is a helpful and easy read.
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Monday Check-in
    Calories: under by a little and all good, on-plan choices
    Water: on target
    Exercise: resistance training (30 min at the gym!); martial arts class (96 min)
    5 Habits: Checks for all of them! ✔️
    Other victories: Got lots of food prep done. Feeling ready for the week, food-wise. (Will need to get up early tomorrow to get other things going!)
    Oh, and in another small life victory -- I did not run into class at the last possible moment. I do that often and am out to get myself out the door earlier.

Goals and Improvements for Tuesday
    - Work my 5 Habits
    • - Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min)
    • Meditation (daily 2+ min)
    • M.A. Forms Practice (daily 2+ min)
    • Exercise (6 x week/45+ min)
    • Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily)
    - Decluttering - home office and/or closet (did the tiniest bit of that today, and am on fire to do more tomorrow -- at least 2 minutes!)
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Are we going to be doing the step challenge for January?

I was finally able to get back to gym today. I've had a nasty chest cold and with asthma, breathing hasn't been the easiest. I managed to get 50 mins into my walk before the cough started so I'll take it as a win! I'm walking in place here at work tonight. My weight looks like it'll be close to a gain but not by much at all. I had to take prednisone...stupid cold :#
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,598 Member
    Options
    Had a great start today. Got my exercise on the elliptical and stayed under my calories and drank 64 ounces of water. Doing an insanity workout with my friend in the morning. Hope I survive!!!

You got this!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    I have a question. My best friend knows my goals and what I want to accomplish as far as weight but he keeps offering me food not on my meal plan. Chocolate, which is my weakness and Curry or Thai noodles. Love both. I chose health carbs and cut out a lot of sugar. I take the food and throw it out. Am I wrong?😞

You are not wrong! There will always be saboteurs trying to get in your way. @jactop had good advice.

Honestly, I don't think there's one right answer. Sometimes saying no is harder than taking it and throwing it away. If you think it would sink in saying no then do that, maybe he would realize you don't really want it if he went to hand it to you and discovered it wasn't wanted. I could easily see myself taking it home, only qualm would be throwing it away when it's something I love!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Monday check-in
    Exercise- bike, strength, core and stretch, dance
    Calories- under
    Water- slightly over

Had a good day. I finally made black-eyed peas and collard greens and broke in my second Instant Pot, I feel a week behind having a NY dinner last night and Christmas celebration Saturday!

Great weigh-ins, everyone is down this week!

Habits to continue
    1. Get back to gym
    2. Try more FitOn workouts
    3. Bike 30 minutes a day or equivalent
    4. Do stretches and core daily
    5. Make a new recipe once a week
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »

Honestly, I don't think there's one right answer. Sometimes saying no is harder than taking it and throwing it away. If you think it would sink in saying no then do that, maybe he would realize you don't really want it if he went to hand it to you and discovered it wasn't wanted. I could easily see myself taking it home, only qualm would be throwing it away when it's something I love!

Yes to what @sunshineplace and @Jactop said!

I so agree with @Katmary71 -- there's no one right answer!

( @Katmary71 - I also feel a little better about this because we compost. So nothing goes completely to waste.)

With some people, I have had success in having a conversation where I explained why I was eating in a new way, explaining what foods I needed to not have around, and asking for their help. The big one for me was asking my husband and son to forgo having ice cream in our house -- I explained what I needed and why. I specifically asked them to help by eating ice cream out (like get a serving at DQ) rather than store it in the house. They did this for a year, until I told them it was no longer a problem.

Your call on whether having a conversation will help. You may not want to, which is fine. For some people, asking does not work.

Hang in there! You do you!
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    @Katmary71 -- 🎈 What a great day you had Monday!
    And as you say -- what a great start to the week for the entire Slimpossibles team!
    Hurray for that pot of collards and black-eyed peas! 🥣
    And hey, the 12 days of Christmas just ended on Sunday, so you are not way behind by some ways of counting!

@Motiv8tedMom - How did your insanity workout go? What a fabulous workout! 🔥 Take good care of yourself if you are sore today!

@bethanie0825 - I am so sorry that you have been sick. Your dedication to getting your walk in is impressive! 👍🏽
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Good morning! :)

@nbbaby, I’m doing the same thing. Hoping that by eating healthy and tracking my food and calories, I won’t have to do the extreme of Keto.

@wrknonmedaily, I agree with what @Jactop advised you to do. You need to be completely honest and upfront with your friend that you don’t want the food and he needs to respect and love you enough to understand that. He is probably showing love by giving you food and you both need to find another way that works for you both.

@raleighgirl09, I’m so happy you love the tracker and are already seeing the benefits of using it! And yes, we do much better when we share with each other our journeys. You are great at it! <3

@Motiv8tedMom, you are doing great!! You need to sign up on the Habit Tracker! Habit Tracker

@rachelleashsmom, I don’t know how to change your username but if you look at the top of our page you will see a little star on the right-hand side. Click it and make it yellow and then you will be able to find the page easier by clicking the small bell at the top of the page on the right. Did that make sense? 😊

@sunshineplace, great job on staying on track! I agree with going back to the basics. That is what I have done as well.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! A new fitness tracker thread is up for the entire F2F group! If you are looking for more friends on your Fitbit, Apple Watch or other trackers, you can visit the link below to share your information. Please remember to state what kind of device you are using.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10778697/fitbit-apple-watch-fitness-tracker-users-share#latest
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    January has brought on a new set of challenges. PAPERWORK and DEADLINES! Month End, Year End, Tax preparation.... I feel like I am chained to my desk and for extended hours too. On a positive note, my desk is hydraulic and can be raised or lowered so I can sit when I want but stand the majority of the day.

01/07
    Check In
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 198.2
    Todays Weight 196.2💥

Yesterday
    Calories: under
    Water: over/under? Under
    Macros: changed from % to grams. 2 out of 3
    Exercise:

Yesterday’s Fitbit/mfp stats:
    3419 steps. 5500 goal steps
    1.49miles
    2132 burned calories
    0 active
    75 sleep score
    63 resting sleep
    1767 calories consumed

Macros by grams. carb 229g, goal >150g, fat 64g, goal 44-77g, protein 81g, goal 70g

Basic Goals
    30 active (heart rate driven) minutes: 0👎
    Complete food diary: 🎉
    Stay hydrated(more than 64 oz): 👎
    Stay below sugar goal: 👎
    Meet fiber in range: lettuce 🥬
    Daily self care: meditating, crafting, reading, etc. 👎
    Sleep: minimum 7 hours 👎

My vision for 2020:
    To find out who I am outside of “mom” since I will be an empty nester in the 5 months.
    To love me no matter where I am at in my journey.
    To pursue habits and hobbies that I will enjoy and that will enrich my soul.
    To focus on total health (mind, body, and soul)

Don’t let any one weigh-in dictate what I do.
    Choose to do the work.
    Choose to show up & do the actions.
    Don’t give up when you get your first bit of resistance.
    Stick to your habits no matter what. Ignore your ego and avoid complacency.
    Keep a connection with others who understand what this journey. Isolation is not helpful
    Don’t hide when weight gain happens. Assume it will. Share your truth, and don’t let your mind tell you no one will understand.
    Make up your mind that you are and will be successful.
    Accept that this is your struggle, and you will not be fixed. I will need to continuously manage my condition.
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Are we going to be doing the step challenge for January?

I was finally able to get back to gym today. I've had a nasty chest cold and with asthma, breathing hasn't been the easiest. I managed to get 50 mins into my walk before the cough started so I'll take it as a win! I'm walking in place here at work tonight. My weight looks like it'll be close to a gain but not by much at all. I had to take prednisone...stupid cold :#

I am so sorry you have been so sick! <3 I've been fighting a cold and sinus infection since Christmas and I'm sick of it! I am not going to do a step challenge until February for the simple reason that so much has been going on this month with extra people joining the teams and with me helping as a moderator for the whole group. Plus, I really want to push for us all to get going on the new habit tracker. Have you seen it? Habit Tracker :)

@bethanie0825 - Maybe you use the Habit Tracker, and have as your habit (or one of them), walking some number of steps, either daily or a certain number of days each week?
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Good morning! :)
    @rachelleashsmom, I don’t know how to change your username but if you look at the top of our page you will see a little star on the right-hand side. Click it and make it yellow and then you will be able to find the page easier by clicking the small bell at the top of the page on the right. Did that make sense? 😊

@rachelleahsmom - I just love your one-thing-at-a-time focus on water intake!

Did you figure out how to change your username? It sounded like you wanted to do that?
    In the PC interface (likely similar in the mobile version), the path is My Home > Settings > Account Settings > Change Username

Try this link:
    https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/settings

MFP will allow you to change your username just one time.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Check-in:
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: Beachbody program LIIFT 4, triceps and chest day. This trainer is trying to kill me!! :#

Y'all I cannot do a push-up!! I can sort of do one if I haven't been lifting weights first but this trainer wanted me to do three sets of wide push-ups and tricep push-ups after he had me do three sets of 8 different weight-lifts. Uhhhh not happening!! My body simply doesn't work that way. I don't know if it's because I'm still too overweight, too weak, or if I just don't know how to do them. I did wall push-ups instead. :/:p

Today was my first day to check off all the things on my habit tracker. Very satisfying!! B)

Here is what I'm working on being better at:
    Track Every Bite
    Workout Program or 7500 steps
    Drink 96 oz. water
    Intermittent Fasting (17+ hrs.)
    Personal Development Reading

Have you signed up for the Habit Tracker yet? Click the link and sign up today!! B)

Habit Tracker
This discussion has been closed.