MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLE January 2020 Chat

Replies

• sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    PLEASE join me in thanking two of our most awesome members, @Katmary71 and @raleighgirl09 who have graciously accepted to join our amazing @AustinRuadhain as Team Mission Slimpossible motivators!! Our motivators are a great help to me and @broncobuddee as they provide you with the extra support and encouragement that this group is so good at giving!! #bestteamever B)<3

hiftor992leg.jpg

That is fantastic! You both fit the role very well! Thank you to everyone that gives their time to make this group so great! I know I appreciate it very much.

@mrmcgrath WOW, very well said in your last post! Inspiring. Thank you for that.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    Thank you for welcoming me as a cheerleader, I'm looking forward to it as I love this group!

@AustinRuadhain loved your post about what's important to focus on! I know I've felt isolated not just making health changes but in general, I'll post an introduction later but I'm coming from what I thought would be a bedridden life to gradually getting back in society so fighting isolation has been a big deal as well as staying dedicated to health improvements despite pain. MFP community in general helps and this group has been great support in sharing struggles we have in common.

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Wednesday Check in:
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: LIIFT 4, Week 2, Day 2, biceps and back with HIIT, plus a 15-minute strength program on the treadmill. I earned my day off for tomorrow. :smiley:

Today went by so fast!! I had this big list and only a few things got marked off. Ohhhh well...tomorrow is another day! Can anyone guess what movie that line if from? :D
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 699 Member
    Yesterday was good. A little weight lifting and then a balance class. Got all my steps in, although I did have to march in place while I was brushing my teeth for those last few steps! Still didn't get enough water in. Have a great Wednesday, all!

@rachelleahsmom I totally have been there - and will shamelessly do it again, I'm sure! => As silly as it seems, I'm always proud of myself for the last few marches in place or two laps in front of my house to make the goal! I get a lot of encouragement from that rolling over of the numbahs!!!
  • wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    Wednesday check-in
    Calories under
    Excrise got 30 in on the bike as soon as I got home. Upper body with resistance bands
    Water just made it
    So cold here today. Just want to get under heated blanket. :)
  • raleighgirl09
    Had to catch up some guys - everyone is so excited and so busy for the last couple of days!! A couple of shout-outs and.....keep it coming, I love the spiritedness and seeing so many of the new members jumping in as well as happily discovering some posts from faces I haven't seen in a while!

@TeresaW1020 and @AustinRuadhain - thanks guys for all of your wonderful encouragement, sound advice, realism and ideas....and execution (love that habit tracker @TeresaW1020!) So thrilled to join @Katmary71 for some rahrahsisBOOMbah!!!! Love our team!

@wrknonmedaily lots of great advice from many folks - I'm in the honesty camp, personally, and I actually do it more for me than for them so maybe I'm some in the selfish honesty....? I always hope it is well received
    @Wishusdonna - hey, we're thrilled to see ya pop in,good luck with getting the data right for a longer post when you can! Fabulous job over the holiday!!
    @cnweiss88 @Jactop @mrmcgrath @leonadixon and @bethanie0825 - WOW, great Week 1 weigh-in YAY YOU GUYS!!! =>
    @metubal - it's a *very* worthy weigh-in - I'll take a .1 all day long...can't get to .2 or 2 or 20 without a .1, first
    @nbbaby best of luck on the eating plan switch up - I have found many times that changing what I was doing was another shot in the arm toward some successes!
    @mrmcgrath - heck ya, laundry is exercise!! =>
    @sunshineplace it is so awesome to see you back and doing well! I am really into the pre-planning and pre-logging right now, has been a tremendous help! What a great start out of the gate, I'm with ya on a Thursday weigh-in so see you there!
    @Motiv8tedMom I'm excited to see how you do as we chug along - what you're doing and working on for the last few days are all great things and they *will* show up in your results!
    @rachelleahsmom no worries on the technology thing...that's me in a nutshell and it took a little time and I eventually got the hang of it. One thing I do - bookmark the new thread immediately (copy and paste into the browser address bar and then 'favorite' it to my bookmarks bar. I also keep them bookmarked for a few months until I know I won't need to go back
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09
    Wednesday check in

A quickie - was a great day....but a hungry day. I dealt with it by breaking up some of the meal foods, eating the next meal early, eating an apple and deciding I can just eat an apple without worrying about loggng the calories and I boosted dinner a little with some spanakopita! Then - I was satisfied with dinner before finishing so I left some and didn't finish just because it was there. Hectic day but I did the hunger without being irritated by it - it was just a thing and one of the many possibilities of what I might encounter on any given day. That, too shall - and did - pass.

Planned and Prelog 3 meals? yes - and switching as needed but within the choices
    Times? B 9q, L 1130a, D 7p
    Non-planned eating and thoughts?
    Hunger? whoa, a hungry day, started early. had eggs and waited, had oatmeal cup and waited, had an apple (not counting apples in calorie count when hungry - calling it free)
    Things that went right? stopped eating dinner at satisfied
    Things that could be better? I didn't start drinking water until after lunch - so from the first morning water to the midday.
    Exercise? 1 mile at work and 2 miles in the hood! [steps logged the next day] (steps 07Jan2020 5,112)
    Sleep? 1030p-530a [log the morning after]
  • sunshineplace
    Checking in for Wednesday....
    It was a really good day.
    WW points stayed within my budget
    Water 130 ounces. That’s a whopper for me!
    Exercise 11,013 steps including a 30 min High Intensity Full Body workout by PopSugar.

This made me think of you @TeresaW1020 because it included a push up challenge. I could not do it for love or money but I tried! Lots of planking too.

I thought I had decided my five habits that I want to build but today I made some decisions that will change that list. I need to give it some thought. One thing I am doing is cutting out artificial sweeteners. I would like to see if it improves my joint pain. I want to keep my promise to make time to check in everyday as well.

Thank you @raleighgirl09. I’m happy to be back.

Weigh Day tomorrow. Yay!
  • Katmary71
    Yesterday was good. A little weight lifting and then a balance class. Got all my steps in, although I did have to march in place while I was brushing my teeth for those last few steps! Still didn't get enough water in. Have a great Wednesday, all!

@rachelleahsmom I totally have been there - and will shamelessly do it again, I'm sure! => As silly as it seems, I'm always proud of myself for the last few marches in place or two laps in front of my house to make the goal! I get a lot of encouragement from that rolling over of the numbahs!!!

See, this is why I'm concerned about getting a Fitbit, I could definitely picture myself marching around the house for an hour to hit 10,000! I'm awful about wanting to beat times and weight when working out, a Fitbit might create a monster out of me!
  • Katmary71
    @TeresaW1020 Sounds like a killer workout! You can always mark stuff off your list tomorrow. I'm horrible at movie quotes!

@wrknonmedaily you rallied getting your workout and water in! Resistance bands are great for strength training, I just did an at-home workout with them and was sore!

@raleighgirl09 woot woot, we're squad mates, congratulations! You're already so supportive! You did great eating and waiting before eating anything else. I have days where I'm thinking of what I could eat next while I'm starting to eat and am bad about waiting at least 20 minutes. I caught myself doing that today so I went for a walk.

@sunshineplace Sounds like a great day! Do you log all your calories as well as count points?
  • Katmary71
    Wednesday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- weights, stair treadmill, core/stretching, walking
    Water- lots of tea

Great workout day, have two NSVs! A MFP friend mentioned doing the stair treadmill and it inspired me to try it again. A couple weeks ago I lasted 1 song on it, i have nerve damage in my feet and the stairs kept pinching my toes when they came up and it was frustrating. I put on my new favorite song, decided I'd go 10 minutes, then kept upping my goal and went for an hour! I wanted to end on 150 flights but came in at 148 and went an additional 20 seconds. I'll beat it next time! BTW, don't overdo on it right before leg weights, between the two my legs are jello!

I was so pumped I came home and decided to conquer a fear- doing the 4-5 mile loop walk by myself. Before my back surgery I was 10 minutes in with people and was hurting so bad I had to turn back. I couldn't walk and spent a long time on the curb. I was pulling myself up a fence when a friend was driving by and rescued me. I didn't want to end up like that again. I made it around the loop! Took longer than I expected and this time I had my phone. I thought I'd be ok from walking with others but it's a big deal that I did it alone.

Habits
    1. 30 minutes cardio-done
    2. Weights 3xs a week- did today
    3. Core/stretch daily- done
    4. 2 FitOn workouts this week
    5. New recipe once a week- did Sun
    6. Decluttering- filled the can, yay!
  • Motiv8tedMom
    Motiv8tedMom Posts: 89 Member
    Been doing good with my food planning and avoiding sugar. Worked out for 3 days intense workouts so tomorrow is a necessary rest day to recuperate.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09
    Thursday weigh in week 2 (09Jan2020)
    Previous weight: 188.4
    Current weight: 188.9 (ugh)

Hey gang, quick and early check in - got a loooong day ahead! Yep - my weight pattern emerges right on time. I have felt like I may be retaining water but either way, this is the pattern of swings for me. Had a strong December so am expecting a slow and back and forth January.

Keep up the great work - so many of us are back on the downhill slide of things and I hope to join you next week! I want to be part of the Green Team! =>

@Katmary71 yeah, there are times the Fitbit has made me a monster but only a small one... => I only do that to get over a hump because why go to bed missing 120 steps?? Not on my watch!! Ha!
    @Motiv8tedMom hey - awesome day, way to go! Enjoy your 'down' day...
    @Katmary71 congrats on crushing the loop....!! I think the best part of losing weight are the moments I can feel myself getting stronger and more capable, such an awesome win!
    @sunshineplace dude, you are simply killing it with that water and exercise - so many great days in a row!
    @wrknonmedaily love the motivation despite the cold - that which doesn't make us freeze will make us stronger!
    @TeresaW1020 what an amazing day all the way around! WOOT on the exercise!!
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Got my steps in on Wednesday. Also went to water aerobics. Still not getting all my water intake, but definitely making progress. I have seen some progress on the scale, so that is encouraging. I really want to get below that 140 mark!
  • sunshineplace
    @Katmary71 that is all the more reason to get a Fitbit! Lol. I can think of someone else who is just like that! ( @Jactop you know who you are 😉).

@Katmary71 I track WW points but I joined a challenge here on MFP so I am currently also tracking on here but typically I only track in my WW app. It is too time consuming for me to do both on a regular basis.

@raleighgirl09 thank you. I had a good loss this week so I’m proud of myself. Also thanks for the chuckle about the Fitbit monster. “Not on my watch!” 🤣
  • sunshineplace
    edited January 2020
    Sunshineplace
    Week 1
    Thursday
    PW 164
    CW 160.6

I’m in the green club this week! 😁
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited January 2020
    Wednesday Check-in
    Calories: all good, on-plan choices; on target
    Water: slightly over
    Exercise: martial arts class (96 min); resistance training (35 min; date trip with my husband!); wee bit of martial arts practice and body weight work at home
    5 Habits: Checks for all of them! ✔️
    2 Minutes to Start: got a little work done on creating some new space in life by weeding the yard and on decluttering my closet

Goals and Improvements for today
    - Work my 5 Habits
    --- Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min) ✔️
    --- Meditation (daily 2+ min) ✔️
    --- M.A. Forms Practice (daily 2+ min) ✔️
    --- Exercise (6 x week/45+ min)
    --- Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily)
    - Decluttering - home office and/or closet (2+ min)
    - Weeding/Yard Cleanup (2+ min)
    r90015c8ymig.jpg
  • kayla7303
    kayla7303 Posts: 154 Member
    Kayla7303
    Weigh in week 1
    PW 193.6
    CW 195.2
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    gwamajtw91
    Thursday weigh in week 1
    PW 174.2
    CW 173.5
    Was worried a couple of days ago, but ended up in the green!
    Around 4pm (super hungry at work) & night time snacking (hardwired habit) that are the most difficult times of the day..... :p
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited January 2020
    8zz5y1cyf83g.jpg

@Sunshineplace - 🌞 Great weigh-in! 🎈 Congratulations on being in the green club this week!
    So great that you track your food! Where you track doesn't matter, of course. It's just such a great tool to keep track of what works and make sure you keep calories on target.
    Fitness trackers like the Fitbit are super fun! I have a tracker that I love, for sure! And yes, some days I do silly things to hit the target, because like @raleighgirl09 - I love hitting the numbah!

@rachelleahsmom - All that work on steps and water aerobics is definitely going to help you get below the 140 mark! 👣🌊

@raleighgirl09 Like @sunshineplace , I had a huge chuckle when I read your comment about the Fitbit monster. “Not on my watch!” This is a great kind of monster! 👾💗 (I heard that line in my head with a monster movie soundtrack -- Dum-dum-DAAAAAH! 🎺)
    For me, you are super funny -- such a GREAT quality for a Motivator! 📣 Thanks for helping make Slimpossibles such a fun place to check in! 😹
    Anyway, I am totally going to channel my Inner Numbers Monster for the forces of good today! Goal Step Number, here I come!
    oifuib89k8av.gif
This discussion has been closed.