MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLE January 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    @Kayla7303 - 🏆 Great weigh-in! Congratulations!

@mrmcgrath - Woohoo! Great weigh-in! 💥

@TeresaW1020 - Great weigh-in for you, too! As you say, green is green! Congratulations! 🥳

@KatMary71 - Wow! I hope you are taking care of yourself, and that those exhausted legs are recovering! 👐
    That sounds like a kick-booty workout, and I for one am impressed!

@sunshineplace - I am so glad you liked that little picture! I did, too! 😃
    We are having an oddly warm-cold-warm winter. I was THRILLED to be outside and enjoying the oddball warm weather. There's a cold front blowing in today, so back to brrr soon!

@MaegyS - Great weigh-in! 💥 Keep up the great work!

@Jactop - Yes, you are totally the Stepping Monster/Monarch! 👑 Your step numbers always impress me! 👣
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @MaegyS wow, incredible drop!

@mrmcgrath nice loss!

Thursday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- walking, core/stretching
    Water- over

OK, going from 4 minutes to 60 on the stair treadmill yesterday turned my legs to mush and I was exhausted today! I barely made it through my squats and pelvic tilts my legs and butt is so sore! I did the loop again, yay!

Habits
    1. Gym 3xs a week
    2. Cardio 30 minutes- done
    3. Stretches/core
    4. FitOn 2xs this week- did 1 today
    5. I'm blanking on this one!

Was one of your habits about new recipes? (I was hoping to hear about them!) (And it may have changed!)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain You have an amazing memory! Yep, that's it! I made black-eyed peas and collard greens Sunday night, first time having collard greens. Not sure what I will do next week, I've been wanting to go back to the Asian market for new vegetables but get my produce box Monday so I may have to wait.
  • sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Well, Thursday was a bad day food wise. I did get my exercise and my steps, so there is that. My mother in law sent a box of gourmet chocolates and of course I ate one. Then, I decided as long as I already screwed up, I might as well eat another. And another. And another. I remembered too late that eating crap makes me feel like crap, both physically and emotionally.

This is the way I used to think...all or nothing. I have learned to change my mindset and I hope you will too. Eating a chocolate is not a screw up. If you give yourself permission to indulge without guilt it becomes easier to stop at one or two. Trust me I still overdo it a lot of times, but I don’t beat myself up about it anymore. I let it go and do better the next meal or snack. This is a journey, love yourself through it and realize there will be bumps along the way. It is how you pick yourself up and recover from those bumps that count. You got this!
  • sunshineplace
    Options
    "Exercise didn’t happen today since I spent two hours in a salon chair tonight. (Worth it. 😁)"

Absolutely!

Thank you!
  • sunshineplace
    Options
    its_cleo wrote: »
    Hey folks, I'm here but have had a difficult week emotionally. Nevertheless so far I have mostly been on track with my exercise and calorie goals.

Today and tomorrow will be the challenge bc the work week is over and I really want to hide because I just feel down.

@mrmcgrath I love those desks. I used to have one at my last job.

I so understand where you are coming from. That was a big reason why I disappeared from the group the last few months. I realized hiding didn’t help so here I am once again. I hope you will feel better soon. Good for you for being mostly on track when you feel that way. Not an easy task.
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Well, Thursday was a bad day food wise. I did get my exercise and my steps, so there is that. My mother in law sent a box of gourmet chocolates and of course I ate one. Then, I decided as long as I already screwed up, I might as well eat another. And another. And another. I remembered too late that eating crap makes me feel like crap, both physically and emotionally.

This is the way I used to think...all or nothing. I have learned to change my mindset and I hope you will too. Eating a chocolate is not a screw up. If you give yourself permission to indulge without guilt it becomes easier to stop at one or two. Trust me I still overdo it a lot of times, but I don’t beat myself up about it anymore. I let it go and do better the next meal or snack. This is a journey, love yourself through it and realize there will be bumps along the way. It is how you pick yourself up and recover from those bumps that count. You got this!

@sunshineplace for some reason this brought tears to my eyes. Loving myself through anything seems like a very tall mountain to climb. Thank you for your kind words.
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options

@rachelleahsmom - So, first off, I am sending YOU an electronic hug!
    I am so familiar in myself with the domino effect, and it sounds like that may be what you are dealing with.
    I have so often thought/done "now I am off my plan so I might was well Eat All The Things."

For what it's worth, this is a human thing and not a you thing. I hear that you stopped, you noticed you had gotten trapped in a behavior chain you don't like, checked in here and let your support team know what's up -- all awesome! And I will bet you are back on track today! So now, you just have a place to keep looking -- that behavior chain, and how you might interrupt it a little earlier the next time.

If you are interested, go check out this article by James Clear on the Domino Effect and How to Create a Chain Reaction of Good Habits.
    Clear cites one of my favorite writers, BJ Fogg. See Fogg's website for some great free stuff. He has a new book, too.

So, team - where have you dealt with this kind of Domino Effect? Has anything worked particularly well for you in terms of interrupting that or being responsible for that in yourself?
    huuevrx4nvhl.jpg

@AustinRuadhain I can see why you are the cheerleader for this group! You're very motivational and rational! Thank you so much for your response. I'll definitely look at the James Clear article. I'd love to hear what others have to say on this topic, too.
  • vanjan14
    vanjan14 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Username: vanjan14
    Weigh in week: 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight (PW): 257.0
    Today's (Current) Weight (CW): 256.4

Doing some light Intermittent Fasting in conjunction with calorie counting through MFP. Definitely keeps ,me away from the late night snacks which is what I need! Down 5 pounds since December 15th!
  • Motiv8tedMom
    Motiv8tedMom Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Was very very sore. Took a day to recover and did it again today. Feeling better, stronger already!

@Motiv8tedMom - How did your insanity workout go? What a fabulous workout! 🔥 Take good care of yourself if you are sore today!

• Motiv8tedMom
    Motiv8tedMom Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I'll do that right now!! 😊😉

@Motiv8tedMom, you are doing great!! You need to sign up on the Habit Tracker! Habit Tracker

• its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the support.
  • sunshineplace
    Options
    A quick check in because I promised myself to make time everyday to check in.

Calories/WW points. I indulged tonight but I’m still within my extra weekly points. I tend to save them and my activities points for junk food or a meal out and a few drinks on the weekend.
    Water was great 92 oz
    Exercise was a no go again today but I still have time to make my four times a week.

My 5 habits
    1. Tracking ✅
    2. No artificial sweeteners ✅
    3. Exercise 4 times a week
    4. Minimum 80 oz of water a day ✅
    5. Make time to check in MFP each day ✅

Night all. I will catch up on posts tomorrow.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I love the Habit Tracker!

If anyone is on FitBit and would like a friend, feel free to add me! https://www.fitbit.com/user/468VBP

Feel free to add me on here as well but add a message and let me know you're a fellow Slimpossible member :)
  • wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Friday check-in
    Calories under
    Excrise none
    Water under
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 yay, good loss!

@rachelleahsmom great job getting in exercise! It's easy to have more than one of something like gourmet chocolate. I wish it was easier to remember it's not worth it!

@its_cleo I'm sorry to hear it's been a tough emotional week. I get the feeling of wanting to hide! Hugs! Take extra good care of yourself!

@AustinRuadhain yardwork, decluttering, and checks for 5 habits, you're killin it!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    I had to start a second responding post, the app doesn't let you respond on a new page of posts.

Domino effect- exercise means I feel better mentally, sleep better, and feel better physically. Better I feel the more I'm physically capable of doing.

@sunshineplace so glad you're back with us!

@vanjan14 congratulations on your weight loss!

• Katmary71
    Options
    Friday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- stair treadmill, weights, walk, core/stretching
    Water- lots of herbal tea!

5 weekly habits
    1. Weights 3xs a week- gym today and W, M at home
    2. Cardio 30 minutes a day- done
    3. Stretches/core- done
    4. Get back to gym- on track since Wed
    5. Make a new recipe- done

As much as I wanted to reach 150 flights of stairs after Wednesday I stopped halfway as I learned my lesson. I woke up needing to eat because of blood sugar and felt like I was craving food too much all day so I went for a walk instead of sitting on the couch post gym. It doesn't make sense to still have cravings when blood sugar goes back up but they're consistently my struggle days. I'm not totally feeling the walks but it was Sunny and I had good music so I made the best of it.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Good morning Team Slimpossibles!! What goals are you planning to crush this weekend? I've got leg day with my workout this morning and then its a day of cleaning and reorganizing my house. :)

Look at this fun graphic I found on FB! I printed it out and plan to color every day that I either do a BOD workout, walk on the treadmill, or get 7500+ steps a day. It could be used for anything you want to track and I thought it would be a great addition to our habit tracker. What do you think?

ab86ltcl52d8.jpg

• digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Username Digger61
    Weigh in day Friday week 1
    PW 214
    CW 214
This discussion has been closed.