MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLE January 2020 Chat

Replies

• raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 686 Member
    raleighgirl09
    Wednesday catch up (check in pending!!)

Caught up some on everyone's progress, stats and thoughts - I just love reading and seeing how everyone is. When I am binging on a couple of days worth of comments, I love getting the feeling of a quilt unfolding and suddenly seeing the awesome handiwork and stitching come into view and being impressed with all of the shapes and patterns - and all of the time and talent the quilt takes to bring it together. So thanks Slimpossibles, for crafting such a fine quilt and keeping the home fires burning. =>

Way to Slimpossibles, a great break into January! And so many greens!! WOOOOHOOOO @Motiv8tedMom @itscleo @Wishusdonna @rachelleahsmom @wrknonmedaily @jactop @leonadixon @Metubal

@rachelleahsmom I get it - but until you lose the 2 pounds for the last time, you won't lose 3 - and if it takes you 22 times, you'll always be glad you didn't give up at the 21st try. You can do it, don't be mad at yourself... => And....seriously....9 degrees? Shiza.

@nbbaby I hope it's going a little better each day as you adjust your strategy and learn what works well for you

@AustinRuadhain this is awesome stuff, going to listen to this TED talk! I have always gotten so much fantastic energy from watching successful people and looking past my ego to see what it is that they do that I could try or adopt: - Social Incentives - Seeing/hearing what other people are doing is powerful. It's amazing for weight loss, but also hits home and on target at work, relationships and - well - all the things!! => And OMG - I love me some beets and beets greens!!

@Motiv8tedMom wow, bunco is such fun, glad you had a great time and the extra on one day won't define the whole journey!

@teresaw2010 thanks so much for the reminder of the 2020 Vision! I'm going to look at that this evening - I don't often do goals, probably not the best plan of action, but it's the truth. I'm going to make this my official Wednesday check in!!

@Katmary71 you are doing so well, it's very inspiring! I love that you did a refocus from the stress of watching gains and allowed yourself to back away - but backing away was a great tool! Focus is great but this so beautifully illustrates how a redirect can also be a smart(er) move... => Congrats!

@cornanda wow, amazing thought work and I so agree with you! Many times, if I just become brave enough to peel back the layers of my own onion and assess with getting all self-judgy, I learn so much about me, including how to help myself. Don't let that voice in your head rule you - and it's ok for it to be there. You can just remind yourself that you don't believe (pop in the crap you just said to yourself) because now you believe (the new thoughts you want to have). All that trash talk is just another bad habit to get past so you can develop new, better habits. And without beating yourself up anymore...? Priceless.

@mrmcgrath I am so right there with you - finding it harder than I thought to get back into the routine and frickin' 530am comes waaaay earlier than it used to. Or so it seems. I still haven't made it back to the 500am and getting to the work gym.

@itscleo I know it's coming from a not-great place but it's very inspiring to read that you see that you can be miserable either way so you might as well be moving. The podcast I listen to offers that nugget, too - you don't always have to feel like it to do it so you might as well do it. Thinking of you and cheering you on from over here - we're on your side!!

@sunshineplace I need to take your lead - check in, no matter how short it might be....go the effort! Thanks for that reminder!!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,004 Member
    @Katmary71
    WOW THIS IS SO COOL!!!!!!!! :):):)

Well, as I told you all before my weight was going up 1lb a week for 7 weeks when I barely upped calories for msintaining. It was getting to me so bad I stopped weighing. I've been cutting back some and not eating most exercise calories back after going over by 3500-4000 weekend before last. I even thought I looked bigger in my hips. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and will be weighed so after showering last night I weighed myself so I'd have time to get used to the weight gain. I went the complete opposite way since after Thanksgiving, I'm under my goal weight! I need to weigh in the morning to see the real weight but this is the fastest I've lost since I first started at 222 so I have to stay on top of it and switch up what I eat. I planned to sit at 125 after hitting 100lbs down and am 117.5. I definitely need to eat more if I'm going to work out like I do, I'm just really thrown off with first gaining at this weight pretty fast then losing faster around the same amount of calories. Sorry so long, i haven't told anyone about it and am processing.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Week 2 Weigh In

Day - Tuesday
    Usnername - bethanie0825
    Current - 234.4

I weighed up several pounds Monday morning and knew my TOM was going to show up and it did. I was down a few already so moving on lol
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09
    Wednesday check in

A quick check in after dinner. => A good day doing what I need to do, building up to doing it again tomorrow - no need to look further than that. I have been retaining water - eating higher sodium but I'm hoping with the water up that it will flush, eventually. Well, it'll just be whatever it is. => Trucking along and now headed off to bed.

What is your vision for 2020?

What changes are you looking to make?[/i]
    Be intentional about my actions and remember the many 'whys' of it all - so that I can make this the new urge and the new habit
    What life events do you have in your future?
    Retirement - but not for a long time. I want to be healthy and fit to work several more years - and then retire in good health and live many more years in that new chapter
    How are you looking to better yourself?
    Move more, continue logging food and move to a more natural process with food that isn't counting and measuring everything, eating for health and nourishment in a way that sustains a healthy weight.

Planned and Prelog 3 meals? yes, all 3
    Times? B 930a, L 2p, D 7p
    Non-planned eating and thoughts?
    Hunger? just the other side of low hunger - was hungry for all meals, especially lunch which was delayed by work
    Things that went right? got 2 walks, 1 at work and 1 at home
    Things that could be better? getting up early to get more intentional exercise in addition to walking
    Exercise? 1 mile at work, 1.35 at home after work [steps logged the next day] (14Jan2020 steps 5,928)
    Sleep? 1045p-530a [log the morning after]
  • sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Checking in for Wednesday

WW points were good
    Water 100 oz
    Exercise didn’t happen but I’m just shy of 12,000 steps (very busy day, no time for me, so frustrating.....so now me time checking in)

My 5 habits
    1. Tracking ✅
    2. No artificial sweeteners ✅
    3. Exercise 4 times a week
    4. Minimum 80 oz of water a day ✅
    5. Make time to check in MFP each day ✅

@Jactop nice weigh in. 😁

@Katmary71 I think the right thing to do is what works. Indulging on the weekend and working my tail off during the week to work off those extra points is what seems to work for me. I am a little nervous about weigh in tomorrow because I wasn’t able to work my tail off the last few days as I had anticipated and there in lies the problem of not earning the points before I eat them. That said, this is a journey that will have ups and downs. I’m ok with that.

@raleighgirl09 I recently read somewhere that we keep promises to others but not to ourselves. It is so true in my case. I let myself down on the regular. I’m in the process of changing that and starting small by promising myself to check in everyday.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,526 Member
    Monday was way over on calories. Tuesday and today are much better. I also did yoga for the first time today! I'm so pleased with myself! I'm mostly good about exercise in general and am usually pretty close on getting my steps in, so food is really my issue. But, trying something new today has really boosted my spirits. Oh, and my water intake is improving daily, too. Now, if it wasn't do darn cold outside (it's 9 below right now and this is the warmest part of the day).

Glad you're on track! I just started yoga too, I really like it so far! I'm not the best about relaxing so focusing on breath helps, plus it's a great cool down after cardio and strength exercises. I'm also not as flexible as I thought and have awful balance! You'll have to keep us updated on how it's going!
  • Katmary71
    @sunshineplace great job with steps! Good luck with your weigh-in! As you said, I need to figure out what works and it'll have it's ups and downs. I expected to weigh more not less and while that's good, my goal weight was a little low for my body so being under it wasn't planned. I thought I was doing the right thing to maintain but was totally off so I have some experimenting to do. It really shook me and I was upset (never thought I'd be upset about losing weight) but reminded myself weight goes up and down, I'm not far from my goal.

Wednesday check-in
    Calories- under but not way under!
    Exercise- stair-treadmill, weights, core/stretch, yoga
    Water- good, not great.

Hope you all had a great day! For those of you that are my friends on my timeline I've already said this, but I can't believe what a difference switching up workouts makes. I've added in other stuff and am surprised at how much stronger I'm getting from it. I started adding yoga to my routine, under 30 minutes-worth, but can see where this will help my back pain. I can also use serious balance help, and the stretching is helping the soreness from starting the stair-treadmill.

Habits
    Gym 3xs a week- went Monday and today
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Core/stretch- done
    Fit On 5xs this week- 3 done
    Make a new recipe- made carrot, garbanzo bean, and garlic soup tonight, yum! Tomorrow is honey siracha chicken with broccoli
  • Katmary71
    @mrmcgrath I'm so sorry, but I may have checked your bottom line on the habit tracker a couple times. I don't think I did, but was catching up a few days and there's a chance I got check mark happy.
  • kayla7303
    kayla7303 Posts: 154 Member
    Kayla7303
    Weigh in week 2
    PW 195.2
    CW 190.2
  • sunshineplace
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @sunshineplace great job with steps! Good luck with your weigh-in! As you said, I need to figure out what works and it'll have it's ups and downs. I expected to weigh more not less and while that's good, my goal weight was a little low for my body so being under it wasn't planned. I thought I was doing the right thing to maintain but was totally off so I have some experimenting to do. It really shook me and I was upset (never thought I'd be upset about losing weight) but reminded myself weight goes up and down, I'm not far from my goal.

Wednesday check-in
    Calories- under but not way under!
    Exercise- stair-treadmill, weights, core/stretch, yoga
    Water- good, not great.

Hope you all had a great day! For those of you that are my friends on my timeline I've already said this, but I can't believe what a difference switching up workouts makes. I've added in other stuff and am surprised at how much stronger I'm getting from it. I started adding yoga to my routine, under 30 minutes-worth, but can see where this will help my back pain. I can also use serious balance help, and the stretching is helping the soreness from starting the stair-treadmill.

Thank you. Weigh Day went better than expected so I am thrilled. Awesome that you are close to your goal! Is it that you are trying to figure out what works as far as maintaining your weight so you don’t go under your goal weight?
  • sunshineplace
    Sunshineplace
    Week 2
    Thursday
    PW 160.6
    CW 158.4

😁
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @mrmcgrath I'm so sorry, but I may have checked your bottom line on the habit tracker a couple times. I don't think I did, but was catching up a few days and there's a chance I got check mark happy.

My tracker looks right 😀
  • MaegyS
    MaegyS Posts: 9 Member
    MaegyS
    Week 2 weigh in

PW: 218.1
    CW: 217.0
  • wwood008
    wwood008 Posts: 31 Member
    @broncobuddee I had asked about if I was going to be in the group since we were headed into a new month/new year and never heard back. I’ve been keeping track on my own so I can add those now:

Username: wwood008
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    Week 1: 151.9
    Week 2: 150.4
  • Katmary71
    @kayla7303 great loss!

@sunshineplace Nice loss! I hit goal and was a little too thin. I wanted to stay around 125 and gain muscle but instead went up every week 1lb so the numbers weren't adding up. I expected to be even higher, so being under my goal was a shock, especially because I was sure I was bigger! I expected maintenance to be hard but not this confusing!

@MaegyS great loss!

@wwood008 good loss!
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    gwamajtw91
    Happy to report....
    Thursday Weigh In:
    Week 1: 173.5
    Week 2: 172.2

Doing so well during the week, if I can get a handle on the weekends I will do even better!!

• canzone777
    canzone777 Posts: 13 Member
    Brr! -48•C here with the windchill! Trying to convince myself to go the the gym after work instead of going home to curl up on the couch under a warm blanket...
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member

@wwood008, you are on the spreadsheet but under Team Support. Do you want to be moved back to weekly weigh-ins? Great loss!!

@MaegyS, @sunshineplace, @gwamajtw91, @kayla7303, @leonadixon, @metubal great losses this week!! Wayyyy to stay in the GREEN!! Keep it up!!

• raleighgirl09
    @wwood008, you are on the spreadsheet but under Team Support. Do you want to be moved back to weekly weigh-ins? Great loss!!

@MaegyS, @sunshineplace, @gwamajtw91, @kayla7303, @leonadixon, @metubal great losses this week!! Wayyyy to stay in the GREEN!! Keep it up!!

@TeresaW1020 I second that - WOW, so many great weigh-ins, so awesome great work to all of you!

@bethanie0825 we're in a new week now, hope it's going well and that you're getting back to the groove...TOM is no fun and battles the scale!
    @wwood008 great to see you and way to go, coming in with a loss, nice work!!
    @kayla7303 girl, you are ON FIRE!!
    @sunshineplace I could hear your happy dance from here, what a great way to enjoy the efforts!
    @gwamajtw91 what you're doing is working - and maybe you can add a small change on the weekend to up the work by 1%. Maybe not eat after hours one of the nights, if you usually do it Fri/Sat/Sun. Or have only 2 drinks if you usually have 3...? Something doable that will allow you to grapple the weekend in small amounts
    @TeresaW1020 dude, your habit tracking is really inspiring and you are on a great streak! You, @katmary71 and @AustinRuadhain are quite the habit folks, just killin' it!!! =>
    @Katmary71 YES - it seems easy to give up on a promise to self, need to consider how (many times) I do that and don't even realize it. Wow - carrot, garbanzo bean, and garlic soup sounds amazing!! Can you point me to the recipe? I roasted garlic this week as part of my food prep to jazz things up - stirred it in with some spaghetti sauce on put that on zuchinni noodles and it was amazing....and quick on a weeknight!

• wwood008
    wwood008 Posts: 31 Member

@TeresaW1020 I would like to be moved to weekly weigh ins please! 🙂
This discussion has been closed.