MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLE January 2020 Chat

Replies

• wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    Tuesday check-in
    Calories under
    Excrise none. Still time. I can always jump on the bike for 30.
    Water under: Really need to work on.
  • wrknonmedaily
    Thank everyone for the feed back I have to figure out how to do the gray comment thing from other people's post.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 689 Member
    raleighgirl09
    Tuesday checkin

Whew - what a day. First day back in the office after a lot of time off. I'm headed to bed shortly. Over on calories - hunger was out of hand with a delayed dinner. Didn't exercise today - tomorrow is supposed to be sunny andnot raining so I think I can. I'll be getting up super early next week to exercise before work - couldn't bring myself to the 5am rise this week. Sometimes, I have only so much oomph and extra push in me.

Planned and Prelog 3 meals? all three meals planned and pre-logged
    Times? B 9a, L 1p, D 745p
    Non-planned eating and thoughts? yes, in between lunch and dinner - i was trying to get done with something and getting to dinner ran late. The spanakopita was available so I had a half one. Also chose more meat at dinner than planned - cals were over. I didn't want to be over but I was hungry and didn't want that, either
    Hunger? between meals was fine, was hungry for meals - dinner ran late and hunger got out of hand
    Things that went right? finished the planned food prep after work, am finding getting at least 64 oz of water fairly easy now, seems a habit is forming - am not retaining water from increased intake so that is awesome
    Things that could be better? I didn't exercise - rainy day, first day back at the office and didn't want to get up at 5a. Did not spend any time on PnP
    Exercise? none [steps logged the next day] )steps 06Jan2020 8,532)
    Sleep? 1030p-530a [log the morning after]
  • wrknonmedaily
    Hi, Just wanted to say I got in 30 on the stationary bike. I was looking for something for work tomorrow and came across some pants I got from old navy in Nov. They were a tight fit but I refused to get a bigger size and they were a great price. They fit perfect tonight. Kind of loose. It motivated me to get on the bike. :)
  • sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Tuesday check in....

WW points over
    Water fantastic. (96 oz)
    9,018 steps and managed some squats but does not count as a workout.

Day two didn’t go as well. Not feeling good so I knew I wouldn’t get a good workout in but I could have been better with my eating. No excuses. Tomorrow is a new day.

@TeresaW1020 I too have issues with push ups. I hate them which is why I need to do more of them. Lol. I’m so weak that I have lousy form. I did improve a lot last year but I am starting over again. You can do it! Just keep working at it. So will I! I do agree it would be impossible after lifting weights!!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    @wrknonmedaily Congratulations on the pants fitting, what a great feeling! I try to do minimum 30 minutes on the bike too. I always feel better after doing it whether the 30 minutes drag on or if I get extra energy and go longer.

@raleighgirl09 Between rain and waking up early I'd want to go back to sleep instead of working out! I think some days we just need more calories than others.

@TeresaW1020 you're going to work up to regular pushups! Nothing wrong with wall pushups! I started doing planks a few weeks ago and am already up 1 and 1/2 minutes, maybe that would help you build some strength? I know it's a lot of core but you're also holding your body up with your arms.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    Tuesday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- bike, core/stretch, dance
    Water- over thanks to herbal tea

Boy do I feel like munching! I know it's not because I'm actually hungry. I brushed my teeth, closed my diary, and am drinking herbal tea (my nightly wind down routine) so I'll ride it out. I have enough calories to eat something but am trying to eat under a few hundred to lose some of the calories I ate over the weekend.

5 habits
    1. Cardio 30 minutes- done
    2. Core/stretching- done
    3. Weights 3xs a week- modified yesterday
    4. FitOn 2xs this week- couldn't muster it up to do today!
    5. Try a new recipe- did black-eyed peas and collard greens yesterday.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    edited January 2020
    Weekly Weigh-In
    Day - Tuesday
    Username - bethanie0825
    Previous - 234.8
    Current - 231.8
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Thank everyone for the feed back I have to figure out how to do the gray comment thing from other people's post.

If you mean this, just click 'Quote' on the post you want to comment on and it'll add it to a new post and you can add comments below :)

• rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Yesterday was good. A little weight lifting and then a balance class. Got all my steps in, although I did have to march in place while I was brushing my teeth for those last few steps! Still didn't get enough water in. Have a great Wednesday, all!
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Good morning! :)

@rachelleashsmom, I don’t know how to change your username but if you look at the top of our page you will see a little star on the right-hand side. Click it and make it yellow and then you will be able to find the page easier by clicking the small bell at the top of the page on the right. Did that make sense? 😊

@TeresaW1020, I clicked on the little star and all it does is give me a list of the other things I have bookmarked. Hmmm...
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @rachelleahsmom, there are two stars. One is at the top of the screen, which is the one you are talking about. The other one is at the top of this page. Just scroll up a little bit until you see the heading...MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLE January 2020 Chat and it is to the right of that. Right above the page numbers. Does that help? :)
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    PLEASE join me in thanking two of our most awesome members, @Katmary71 and @raleighgirl09 who have graciously accepted to join our amazing @AustinRuadhain as Team Mission Slimpossible motivators!! Our motivators are a great help to me and @broncobuddee as they provide you with the extra support and encouragement that this group is so good at giving!! #bestteamever B)<3

hiftor992leg.jpg
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    I am really missing my workouts so today, even though my workload hasn’t decreased, I will get to the gym! Sorry I haven’t really responded to any of your wonderful post. I have read them.

01/08
    Check In
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 198.2
    Todays Weight 196.4💥

Yesterday
    Calories: over
    Water: over/under? Over
    Macros: changed from % to grams. 2 out of 3
    Exercise: ??? Laundry. Lol

Yesterday’s Fitbit/mfp stats:
    4973 steps. 5500 goal steps
    2.17 miles
    2400 burned calories
    12 active
    81 sleep score
    64 resting sleep
    2039 calories consumed

Macros by grams. carb 198g, goal >150g, fat 94g, goal 44-77g, protein 101g, goal 70g

Basic Goals
    30 active (heart rate driven) minutes: 12👎
    Complete food diary: 🎉
    Stay hydrated(more than 64 oz): 💦
    Stay below sugar goal: 👎
    Meet fiber in range: lettuce 👎
    Daily self care: meditating, crafting, reading, etc.🧘‍♀️
    Sleep: minimum 7 hours 💤

My vision for 2020:
    To find out who I am outside of “mom” since I will be an empty nester in the 5 months.
    To love me no matter where I am at in my journey.
    To pursue habits and hobbies that I will enjoy and that will enrich my soul.
    To focus on total health (mind, body, and soul)

Don’t let any one weigh-in dictate what I do.
    Choose to do the work.
    Choose to show up & do the actions.
    Don’t give up when you get your first bit of resistance.
    Stick to your habits no matter what. Ignore your ego and avoid complacency.
    Keep a connection with others who understand what this journey. Isolation is not helpful
    Don’t hide when weight gain happens. Assume it will. Share your truth, and don’t let your mind tell you no one will understand.
    Make up your mind that you are and will be successful.
    Accept that this is your struggle, and you will not be fixed. I will need to continuously manage my condition.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Username: leonadixon
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    PW (1/1): 197
    Check in weight (1/8): 196.6
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,572 Member
    mrmcgrath wrote: »
    I am really missing my workouts so today, even though my workload hasn’t decreased, I will get to the gym! Sorry I haven’t really responded to any of your wonderful post. I have read them.

01/08
    Check In
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 198.2
    Todays Weight 196.4💥

Yesterday
    Calories: over
    Water: over/under? Over
    Macros: changed from % to grams. 2 out of 3
    Exercise: ??? Laundry. Lol

Yesterday’s Fitbit/mfp stats:
    4973 steps. 5500 goal steps
    2.17 miles
    2400 burned calories
    12 active
    81 sleep score
    64 resting sleep
    2039 calories consumed

Macros by grams. carb 198g, goal >150g, fat 94g, goal 44-77g, protein 101g, goal 70g

Basic Goals
    30 active (heart rate driven) minutes: 12👎
    Complete food diary: 🎉
    Stay hydrated(more than 64 oz): 💦
    Stay below sugar goal: 👎
    Meet fiber in range: lettuce 👎
    Daily self care: meditating, crafting, reading, etc.🧘‍♀️
    Sleep: minimum 7 hours 💤

My vision for 2020:
    To find out who I am outside of “mom” since I will be an empty nester in the 5 months.
    To love me no matter where I am at in my journey.
    To pursue habits and hobbies that I will enjoy and that will enrich my soul.
    To focus on total health (mind, body, and soul)

Don’t let any one weigh-in dictate what I do.
    Choose to do the work.
    Choose to show up & do the actions.
    Don’t give up when you get your first bit of resistance.
    Stick to your habits no matter what. Ignore your ego and avoid complacency.
    Keep a connection with others who understand what this journey. Isolation is not helpful
    Don’t hide when weight gain happens. Assume it will. Share your truth, and don’t let your mind tell you no one will understand.
    Make up your mind that you are and will be successful.
    Accept that this is your struggle, and you will not be fixed. I will need to continuously manage my condition.

WOW! This check-in is the first thing I am reading today, and @mrmcgrath has so much to say that is just SO inspiring.
    Key points, for me:
    • Choose to do the work... YES! There are no shortcuts.
    • Don’t give up. YES! Sometimes the work is figuring out which actions even work for us, for our body and environment and personality. Do the actions. Watch the results. Adjust as needed. But never give up!
    • Keep a connection with others who understand what this journey. Isolation is not helpful. SO MUCH YES! And Slimpossibles is such a great space for sharing the journey! :smile:
    • Accept that this is your struggle, and you will not be fixed. YES! And I think this may be the secret to maintenance. The future I at one thought I would find was one in which I lost all the weight and then got to eat what everyone else eats (more accurately, what I think they eat), as much as I want, and exercise as littler as I want (again, my *idea* of that, not anything reality-based. But of course I never get to be anybody else. All I can do is make my own choices about managing my own body and life.
  • wrknonmedaily

If you mean this, just click 'Quote' on the post you want to comment on and it'll add it to a new post and you can add comments below :)
    Thank you!
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited January 2020
    Tuesday Check-in
    Calories: under and all good, on-plan choices
    Water: on target
    Exercise: platform stepping (46 min). some martial arts practice at home
    5 Habits: Checks for all of them! ✔️

Goals and Improvements for Wednesday
    - Work my 5 Habits
    • Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min) ✔️
    • Meditation (daily 2+ min) ✔️
    • M.A. Forms Practice (daily 2+ min) ✔️
    • Exercise (6 x week/45+ min)
    • Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily)
    - Decluttering - home office and/or closet (2+ min)
    - Weeding (2+ min)
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited January 2020
    PLEASE join me in thanking two of our most awesome members, @Katmary71 and @raleighgirl09 who have graciously accepted to join our amazing @AustinRuadhain as Team Mission Slimpossible motivators!! Our motivators are a great help to me and @broncobuddee as they provide you with the extra support and encouragement that this group is so good at giving!! #bestteamever B)<3

This is awesome news!

@Katmary71 and @raleighgirl09 - Thank you both SO much! We are so lucky to have you and so grateful for all that you contribute to this wonderfully supportive conversation! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    czlbbtglapjt.gif
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited January 2020
    @leonadixon - Woohoo! What a great weigh-in! I am so delighted for you! B)

@rachelleahsmom - What a great day you had! And I super duper loved that you marched in place while brushing your teeth for those last few steps! #ThePowerOfGoals

@bethanie0825 - Rock and roll! What a great weigh-in you had!

@Katmary71 - I love your wind-down routine! And a big hurray for riding out "my brain wants to snack" without giving in!
    Is your new black-eyed peas and collards recipe a "make again?" (The phrase we use at my house for a success.)
    Oh, and you are so right about doing wall pushups to get started on those. I have gotten to where I can do floor push-ups, but had to do a lot of wall/kitchen counter pushups to get there. It's all good, as they all build your arms! I still do counter push-ups in the kitchen sometimes, while waiting for something in the microwave to warm up.

@wrknonmedaily -- I love that you got in your 30 on the bike yesterday! That is so great, and so great that you used the check-in here as accountability to help make sure you got it done! And wow!Hurray for those loose pants! What a victory!

@TeresaW1020 - I so love our Habit Tracker! Thanks for making this happen! #WeHaveTheBestGroupLeader!

Reposting this great graphic Teresa found because it is so inspiring!
    22wtcah9n025.jpg
This discussion has been closed.