MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLE January 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Having trouble posting tonight so it's short. @jactop I'm having the same problem with Google sheets, anything that takes more than 10 minutes to load is too long! I'm not using my laptop just for habits, I'd rather post goals here if it won't load.

Calories- under
    Exercise- aerobic, stretch, strength
    Water- over

Chose not to eat food just because a host served it, I'm kinda proud of myself even though at 48 it shouldn't seem so complicated!
  • Wishusdonna
    Wishusdonna Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I finished the year on my new track weight of 153lbs, gained 2lbs over Christmas and I am now 154lbs. This is in class. Hence a couple pounds more than I was before Christmas.

I'm still being really accountable, just can't always get on the app because of data, and don't want to log on at work.

But I'm gonna try!

Happy New Year everyone!
  • cnweiss88
    cnweiss88 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    First check-in: Monday Weigh-Ins (Week 1)

SW: 213.4 lbs
    CW: 211.8 lbs

I'm traveling this week, so I'm going to request a late weigh-in for next week, on Wednesday, 1/15.

Good luck everyone!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @sunshineplace, Beachbody On Demand is a streaming service that has dozens of different workout programs ranging for beginner to advance. It does have an app that you can use on your device or you can stream it on your TV using something like a Roku, which is what I have. They have different pricing, so you can try it for one month, three, six or a year. I purchased it for a year for $99. Beachbody sells its own product called Shakeology. Maybe you have heard of it? They have coaches but you don’t have to have one or buy their products. I LOVE the workouts and how it keeps me committed to pushing myself. Look it up and please let me know if I can help with any other information. :)

@Jactop, I agree with you that the habit tracker is a great idea! I wish it worked better on our devices but if it only works on the computer, I hope you and others will still continue to use it. Working in a chocolate shop would be VERY hard for me too. At least you always get in a ton of steps to help balance the sugar. :wink:

@raleighgirl09, I so admire people who meal prep! I’ve tried but I just can’t stick to it. The most meal prepping I do is to boil up a dozen eggs at a time. I am however totally interested in your spanakopita triangles. Yum!! <3

@Katmary71, I am bummed that the habit tracker isn’t working for you. Yayyy for not choosing the food. I’m almost 54 and I still haven’t learned that lesson. :/

@Wishusdonna, you did great over Christmas and I know that you will have those 2lbs off in no time! :)

@cnweiss88, great weight loss!! Way to start the New Year! B)
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Checkin

Went deer hunting with my husband yesterday afternoon. Who would have guessed those buggers weigh so darn much. I should have counted my attempts to help carry and lift it as strength training. Lol.

01/06
    Check In
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 198.2
    Todays Weight 196.4💥

Yesterday
    Calories: under
    Water: over/under? Over
    Macros: changed from % to grams. Carbs 12 over fat slightly high
    Exercise: yoga and body weight

Yesterday’s Fitbit/mfp stats:
    4761 steps. 5500 goal steps
    2.06 miles
    2201 burned calories
    29 active
    84 sleep score
    63 resting sleep
    1733 calories consumed

Macros by grams. carb 162g, goal >150g, fat 88g, goal 44-77g, protein 73g, goal 70g

Basic Goals
    30 active (heart rate driven) minutes: 29👎
    Complete food diary: 🎉
    Stay hydrated(more than 64 oz): 🎉
    Stay below sugar goal: 🍭
    Meet fiber in range: 👎
    Daily self care: meditating, crafting, reading, etc. 📖
    Sleep: minimum 7 hours 🛏

My vision for 2020:
    To find out who I am outside of “mom” since I will be an empty nester in the 5 months.
    To love me no matter where I am at in my journey.
    To pursue habits and hobbies that I will enjoy and that will enrich my soul.
    To focus on total health (mind, body, and soul)

Don’t let any one weigh-in dictate what I do.
    Choose to do the work.
    Choose to show up & do the actions.
    Don’t give up when you get your first bit of resistance.
    Stick to your habits no matter what. Ignore your ego and avoid complacency.
    Keep a connection with others who understand what this journey. Isolation is not helpful
    Don’t hide when weight gain happens. Assume it will. Share your truth, and don’t let your mind tell you no one will understand.
    Make up your mind that you are and will be successful.
    Accept that this is your struggle, and you will not be fixed. I will need to continuously manage my condition.
  • wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Marvelous Monday to everyone,
    Username: wrknonmedaily
    Week 1
    Monday
    PW 237
    TW 236.6
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Introduction
    Woohoo! I am so excited January is here, and the Week 1 of the Fat2Fit challenge is off and running. I am excited to see so many people back and in action, and excited about all the wew faces!

A little about me.

I'm Austin! I am a cheerleader, in support of our awesome captain, @TeresaW1020 ! I joined the group about a year ago, part way through my journey, and consistently find this group to be super helpful and supportive. I have lost over 140 pounds since I started work on losing weight (January 2018), and have reached my initial goal. I am now working on to build muscle and fitness. I study martial arts and love walks, especially outdoor walks, so you'll hopefully see those activities on my check-ins, along with resistance training and platform stepping. I love to read up on things, and have studied nutrition science* and habit building** as I have worked on losing weight and getting healthier. Every body and every person is different, and I have enjoyed learning more and engaging in the kind of science experiment of figuring out what works for me. Making it happen has been and is still all about developing new habits for me, so every so often I burble about habit building!

* If interested, check out the nonprofit, research-based site nutritionfacts.org as a great place to start.
    ** If interested, check out:
    - The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg (here's a video overview)
    - Tiny Habits by B.J. Fogg
    - The work of James Clear. He has a great website, and a book called Atomic Habits. This video on How to Get 1% Better Every Day has been particularly useful to me. He kicks it off this way: "So if you were able to improve by 1% each day for an entire year... you would end up 37 times better at the end of the year. And if you were to get 1% worse, you would whittle yourself down almost to zero."
    bdycxjcsd0qc.jpg
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    So, hurray to the entire Mission Slimpossibles team! It is so SO easy to gain in December, and so impressive that our team had an overall loss in December! Hurray for everyone!

🥳 And special shout-outs for being on the leaderboard -- @nbbaby , @raleighgirl09 , and @wwood008 ! 🎉🎉🎉

@wrknonmedaily - And a Marvelous Monday to you! 🎉 Congratulations on the great weigh-in! 🎉

@mrmcgrath - Yes, slinging around a deer is no joke. That was indeed strength training, whether or not you logged it! Nice job! 💪🏾🔥

@cnweiss88 - 😄 Congratulations on the great weigh-in! I hope your travels this week go smoothly! ✈️

@Wishusdonna - 🎊 Happy New Year! We are so happy to hear from you whenever you can check in!
    As Teresa says, you'll knock off that 2 pounds pronto, we just know it!

@Katmary71 -
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Chose not to eat food just because a host served it, I'm kinda proud of myself even though at 48 it shouldn't seem so complicated!
    You made me laugh so hard with this one! If we all acted our chronological ages, life would be so much easier, wouldn't it? 😆
    And seriously -- great work choosing what you wanted to eat! That's a thing that challenges just about everyone. Being intentional and adult about what you eat takes thought and effort! 👍🏾

@raleighgirl09 - 💡 🤔 All your discussion of meal planning is so, so inspiring! I did a bunch of that yesterday and this morning, and it feels great to have the fridge stocked with things I want to eat (esp. after 3 weeks of fridge stocked with holiday/party food!)
    😉 And, hmm, what we are seeing here about the value of planning is from someone who is getting great results!

@Jactop - Jackie, I am ongoingly impressed that you manage to work on fitness improvement while working in a chocolate shop! 😮

@sunshineplace - Woohoo! Happy New Year! We are so glad you are back! 😄

@TeresaW1020 - To confirm, as far as the Turning January Green challenge, I am still on maintenance. (Takes effort but won't help with this particular challenge!)

@Motiv8tedmom -- 👋😄 Welcome to Slimpossibles! We are so excited you are here and have checked in for the January challenge!

@Jen_967 - Congratulations on the great weigh-in! You say you had a few slips-ups, but clearly you have mostly been doing the work, because things averaged out great! 😮👍🏾

@its_cleo - I am sending you a hug. 🤗 I know the number is not what you wanted. AND it's less than half a pound. You'll knock that off. I loveloveLOVE your plan of focusing on habits and actions and not the scale. ✅

@Canzone777 - Wow! Great weigh-in! And over the holidays, too! 😮👍🏾🎉
  • metubal
    metubal Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Weigh in

Metubal
    Week 1 - Jan 2020
    Monday 6/1
    PW 181.4
    CW 181.3

I'll take it:)

Calories: tracked and under
    Exercise: 3 days out of the 6: dog walking at 3m/hr speed for 1 hour.
    Snacking: failed my no snacking rule every single day:(
    Sleep: 7hrs average, from about 5hrs. Good.
  • nbbaby
    nbbaby Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    nbbaby
    Week 1
    Monday
    PW: 215.
    CW: 214.5

Scary I just stopped Keto today and just trying to eat healthy for a little bit... I'll start in 2 days, gonna give myself a food get out of jail free card for 2 days.
    Hopefully I'll be able to stop in 2 days.
  • sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 thank you for that info. I heard of Beach Body many years ago and now they have a streaming service. Cool. Awesome that you found something you really enjoy doing! That is the key I think. I reminded myself this morning to get back to basics. I love to dance so that is where I’m going to start. It worked last time.

@raleighgirl09 you gave me a chuckle. Guess what I did last night? Sure did! Boiled eggs. I’m a lot like you, not much for planning and prepping but when I do, it’s magic. So I have bit the bullet and did some planning this week. I expect it to pay off.

@AustinRuadhain thank you. I missed you so!
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    Monday Check-in:
    Water: over
    Exercise: Took the day off

Today, was a long day at work and I'm still fighting my sinus infection so I took the day off from working out. Plus, yesterday was leg and butt day and both are killing me!! Tomorrow is arm day so at least I will be balanced in my pain. :D

@nbabby, are you going off Keto for good or just for two days? I was on Keto but found it too hard to stick with consistently so now I'm back to counting calories and trying to eat lower carb but also more whole foods.

@metubal, heck yeah you take it!! A loss is a loss and we celebrate them all around here! B) Now you said that you have failed your snacking rule every day. Does the rule need to be modified or reinforced? If modified then perhaps you need to accept that you will have a snack and track it so there is no guilt. If you need to reinforce the no snacking then what can you do? I know for me once I with dinner, I turn on my intermittent fasting app and go brush my teeth. It works but it was hard at first!

@AustinRuadhain, you are the best cheerleader of any team and we are so blessed to have you on ours!! I sure hope people will read the links you post on habits. Today, was my day one of the Tiny Habit challenge and I wasn't perfect but I did much better than I would have if I hadn't started. If I can just get 1% better, right? B)

@wrknonmedaily, great weigh in!! Remember to work hard and stay in the green! B)

@mrmcgrath, heck yeah you should count hauling a deer around as a workout!! :D
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    SLIMPOSSIBLES DON'T FORGET OUR CHALLENGE FOR THIS MONTH!!! I believe in you!! <3

2uwxd4dibecx.png
  • nbbaby
    nbbaby Posts: 202 Member
    Options

@nbabby, are you going off Keto for good or just for two days? I was on Keto but found it too hard to stick with consistently so now I'm back to counting calories and trying to eat lower carb but also more whole foods.

:D

No I'm taking 2 days without any restrictions. Then eating healthy for a while. If I cant lose weight healthy then I'll consider going back on Keto.
  • wrknonmedaily
    Options
    Monday check-in
    Calories under
    Excrise 30 minutes on treadmil with some machine weights.
    Water under
  • wrknonmedaily
    Options
    I have a question. My best friend knows my goals and what I want to accomplish as far as weight but he keeps offering me food not on my meal plan. Chocolate, which is my weakness and Curry or Thai noodles. Love both. I chose health carbs and cut out a lot of sugar. I take the food and throw it out. Am I wrong?😞
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Weigh in

Jactop
    Week 1
    Monday
    PW: 212
    CW: 208
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,041 Member
    Options
    Happy News!

Some of you are aware that we had some big changes in the Fat2Fit leadership last month. I am thrilled to announce that we now have have two new Moderators:
    @Cafelelia (Lisa - co-captain of Team Weight No More)
    and
    Your very own Co-Captain @TeresaW1020 !

Beka and I have been having a great time working closely with quite a few of the Captains through this transition, and it was not easy to pick only two people as new moderators. The New Year has brought us really large teams, but the energy is fabulous. Let's keep it all going - and a big thanks to Lisa and Teresa!
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Monday check in

Whew! First day of a whole week at work in what feels like several weeks but was only...2? So happy I have the prepped food. I usually have to cook Monday and Tuesday, have dinner with my Ma on Wednesday and then limp into the weekend on straggling leftovers and rotisserie chicken. Didn't get to the Spanakopita triangles yet which are really individual spinach pies that are a cinch to make (tell it to the judge) and very, very tasty for like 115 cals each; will share the recipe when I do them and can be sure of the amounts of stuff I use. A little more labor intensive than the other stuff I did. I could do better with the food prep but it, like anything else, will take practice.

Listened to my weight loss trainings today, made the time for that - got a walk in on a gorgeous January day. Looks like I'll get to bed at a decent time (and have pre-made the coffee, laid clothes out, gathered work gear and work food). One last thing - will go in and log food for tomorrow before bed! Got some time in for reading others' journey stories and encouraging them....it's such an amazing thing, this holding one another up. I wonder who end benefits more...? But don't care as long as it continues a foundation of good =>

Love the habit tracker - omg, I can totally connect the dots seeing all of those glorious boxes and understanding that the most consistent thing done will be the results delivered. Not sure I can pull off a pound a week - I say this as a realistic loser of weight because I did really well in December and generally I go in spurts, but would love to prove me wrong.

Goodnight Slimpossibles - sleep well, play and work equally as hard, love yourself and do the work to be your best you. =>

Planned and Prelog 3 meals? yes, all 3 yesterday! =>
    Times? B 930a, L 145p, D 730p
    Non-planned eating and thoughts?
    Hunger? low hunger day, so happy these are stacking up! Am hungry for meals, satisfied when done and am ok to not eat more, most days - today for sure
    Things that went right? having all good prepped was amazing, several modules of weight loss for PnP done, all water in and was easy, had time for a 3 mile walk, making sure I had enough evening time to journal, sent encouragement to fellow folks on the journey
    Things that could go better? still did not make the Spanakopita triangles - back to previous day's note, plan the prep time better, watch the amounts and have a freezer plan
    Exercise? 3 miles in the hood [steps logged the next day] (steps 05Jan2020 12.308)
    Sleep? 1130p-7a [log the morning after]
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-in
    Exercise: weights and 20 min stationary bike
    Yesterday's Steps: 18,383

Daily Habits I'm Tracking
    1. No added sugar✔️
    2. Log food✔️
    3. Weights, Pilates or Stretching✔️
    4. A plank a day ✔️
    5. Got to bed by 11pm last night✔️

@TeresaW1020 congrats on being chosen for the moderator's position. We all know you'll do an amazing job.

@AustinRuadhain I'm in awe of what you've accomplished. You're such an inspiration. And I love all the links you post. Such useful info. Thanks for sharing.

@wrknonmedaily I started just being honest when people push food on me. I tell them I don't want to take it because it will get thrown out. If they still push I take it home and throw it out guilt free
This discussion has been closed.