Wednesday check in

Calories under
    Exercise none but did reach step goal
    Water yes

Thursday goals
    1. Stay under calorie goal
    2. Get to gym
    3. Walk 60 minutes total

Pretty well did nothing all day but rested. Last night I came very close to going over calorie goal as I got the munchies after I closed my diary. Tonight I am going to eat a snack to prevent a repeat.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!!!!

Just stopping by to say hello. Y’all are off to a roaring start!

Glad to see this expansion team kicking pounds to the curb.
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Check In

Calories: under
    Exercise: did an elliptical workout during lunch. Plus got in a good outside walk after work.
    Water: I have one more glass to go, but I’ll get there. In fact, getting for that water now!

Tomorrow:
    Stay in the green on calories.
    I wonder if I can do my bike exercise in the morning? I’m usually a little stiff early in the morning, but I might try it. Don’t think it’ll happen after work tomorrow so that may be my only shot.
    Keep working on water intake.
  • jennt817
    jennt817 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Feeling better- getting over my cold 😊
    Steps: 2/7- 685
    I thought my steps would have been more ...Oh well...
    That’s even after a 20 minute run and 20 minute power walk...
    I’m surprised because I move around a lot during the day so it’s surprising how little calories I burn from my movement...earned no additional calories today....yikes...
  • UTMom81
    edited January 2020
    Options
    jennt817 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!
    Feeling better- getting over my cold 😊
    Steps: 2/7- 685
    I thought my steps would have been more ...Oh well...
    That’s even after a 20 minute run and 20 minute power walk...
    I’m surprised because I move around a lot during the day so it’s surprising how little calories I burn from my movement...earned no additional calories today....yikes...

Jenn, I'm thinking maybe your tracker isn't working or you left out a digit in your steps report. What do you think? Usually, I get about 2000 steps per mile just walking, and if you were running for 20 minutes you probably did more than a mile. You probably got in a mile during your 20 minute power walk. So you should have at least 4000 steps if not more.
  • jennt817
    Options
    Yeah... that’s what I thought too... I use and I watch and I selected the the phone/ I watch setting to calculate my calories and it always seems lower. That was the number it gave me or sent to my phone-it’s low...I even took my son for a haircut after work, then made dinner, and ended my night with that workout. For me to break 10,000 steps using my watch.... maybe it’s me very short legs!!! 😊 lol...
    I have questioned this before because the info doesn’t seem right to me either...
    I need to do more research on my I watch and how accurate it is.... it’s a bummer..
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    6645 steps today
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Yeah... that’s what I thought too... I use and I watch and I selected the the phone/ I watch setting to calculate my calories and it always seems lower. That was the number it gave me or sent to my phone-it’s low...I even took my son for a haircut after work, then made dinner, and ended my night with that workout. For me to break 10,000 steps using my watch.... maybe it’s me very short legs!!! 😊 lol...
    I have questioned this before because the info doesn’t seem right to me either...
    I need to do more research on my I watch and how accurate it is.... it’s a bummer..

Hi there, yes I would check that out. I have no problems with my Apple Watch tracking my steps, and those number seem very off. I would suggest checking your settings and make sure it’s assigned to the correct wrist.
  • panda4153
    Options
    Wednesday Checn in
    Calories - under 😊
    Exercise - strength training

Goals for Thursday
    Stay under on calories, this will be a challenge as I have plans to eat out with a friend

Swim
  • kguin0323
    kguin0323 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Step count 1/8 =10,710
  • UTMom81
    edited January 2020
    Options

I use an iWatch and it does just fine. Maybe try having yours reset to like it was right out of the box. Or, make sure you've updated it. Or run it by an Apple store if there's one near you and see what they think. There is no way those steps are accurate, and they should be. That's one of Apple Watch's selling points--the health tracking features. They might even replace it for you.
  • jennt817
    Options
    Thank you!!! I will!!!
  • panda4153
    Options
    Good Morning!! I hope everyone has a beautiful day!! Whatever your goals are today, You Got This!!!!’
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Hi all! We could use a few more people on the step challenge. So if you have away to track steps please join the team.

When reporting your steps can you put the date the steps are from in front of the steps. eg. 1/8 8,984. This makes it easier for me to see at a glance what day they belong to.

Steppers so far
    @lindamtuck2018
    @Kres567
    @jennt817
    @kguin0323
    @hannahhooter
    @UTMom81
    @19shmoo69
    @Hilogirl2018
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    UTMom81
    Thursday Weigh In
    Week 1
    Previous: 169.0
    Current: 165.4

Steps for 1/8 = 11,851

Great loss!
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the delay in reporting my steps

1/5 3,952
    1/6 15,823
    1/7 9,675
    1/8 11,167
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check in

Exercise: it much during the day; was at my desk all day unfortunately. Came home and did a 30 minute interval run which felt good
    Water: not enough

Opportunities for today:
    1. Really focus on getting in at least 60 oz at work and then keep drinking at home
    2. No sugary snacks
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Hi all! Weights due today:

Overdue weights:
    @rocknrobin65
    @shushuria
    @mpurposeone
    @Patti705
This discussion has been closed.