Replies

• cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    Thursday:

-ran for 50 minutes on my treadmill
    -drank 2 litres of water
    Gave up on recording my food, when I became best friends with almond roca :wink:

Friday opportunities
    -drink 2 litres of water
    -do 65 minutes of cardio
    -do 30 minutes of strength
    -record my food
    -stay away from almond roca and sweets

It’s my day off, so I’m going to do a longish workout

I love that you approach those as opportunities! Totally changes the mindset about this journey we are on. I hope you don’t mind if I start using that word too! 😊

Definitely! Please do—it’s a lovely approach!
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    Hey folks, I did this for the first time ever tonight! Zoodles in place of noodles with spaghetti. And...it was Yummy!e2a4v6wt5k6f.jpeg
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    Hey folks, I did this for the first time ever tonight! Zoodles in place of noodles with spaghetti. And...it was Yummy!e2a4v6wt5k6f.jpeg

That looks scrumptious!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options

I likes me some veggetti!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,585 Member
    Options
    Daily check in:
    Calories: within calorie goal
    Exercise: walked for 40 minutes
    Water: 60 oz

Tomorrow’s goals
    Strength train
    Walk and meet step goal
    Log everything and close diary
  • jennt817
    jennt817 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Love the pic!!! I’m gonna try making some “vegetti” Next week! I like to cook on the weekends and make two meals I can bring to work with me...Do they hold for a few days and can it be reheat ok or does it get soggy?
    Yummmers!!!
  • UTMom81
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    Friday check in
    Calories: are probably over. (Free fritos)
    Coffee: several cups and then I lost the cup. I did search and asked around. My coworkers were like "just get another cup" they just don't understand the bond that is made between a man and his non-biodegradeable Styrofoam coffee cup.
    Exercise: I walk all over at work and then went to the track and walked a mile.
    Goals for tomorrow: track my coffee cup. Walk more at the track. I think next week I'll add running back into the mix.

LOL, you're such a hoot! The free Fritos would have gotten me too!
  • UTMom81
    edited January 2020
    Options
    jennt817 wrote: »
    Love the pic!!! I’m gonna try making some “vegetti” Next week! I like to cook on the weekends and make two meals I can bring to work with me...Do they hold for a few days and can it be reheat ok or does it get soggy?
    Yummmers!!!

That's a great question. I only ate half of the spaghetti and zoodles on my plate, so I put them in a container to reheat for lunch, maybe Monday. I think they will reheat fine, but time will tell.
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Friday Check In
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 28 minutes on the exercise bike, slowly working my way up.
    Water: I've drunk quite a bit, but I'm not back to tracking it yet. Gotta get better at that.

Tomorrow:
    • Track all food and stay in the green.
    • Drink and LOG 60 oz of water (I will work my way up to 80, but this will do for now.)
    • We might get a break in the rain tomorrow; if so walk OUTSIDE!
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Friday Check In
    Calories - Under for the day
    Exercise - 90 Minutes Strength, Indoor Stepper, and Bowflex Max
    Water - I don’t track water, I drink to stay hydrated.

Saturday Plan
    We are checking out a new family fitness center. I am looking to start swimming again, if we like it we will get a membership. They have lots of activities for the kids too so it looks appealing.

Walk at least 4 Miles

Make Chicken Piccata for dinner - Whole 30 Compliant

Stay green for calories
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options

My goals for today:
    1. Workout in the morning❌
    2. Walk at lunch✅
    3. Pack my lunch and snacks✅

I’m okay with not working out because my walls have been so good.

Saturday Opportunities
    1. Workout in the morning
    2. Stick to the meal plan - no chocolate
    3. Drink 100oz water
    4. Get 10,000 steps in
    5. Log in to the Habit worksheet and identify some habits to work on
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    panda4153 wrote: »
    Friday Check In

Saturday Plan
    We are checking out a new family fitness center. I am looking to start swimming again, if we like it we will get a membership. They have lots of activities for the kids too so it looks appealing.

Walk at least 4 Miles

Stay green for calories

Great day! What is a Bowflex Max?
  • panda4153
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    Friday Check In

Saturday Plan

Walk at least 4 Miles

Stay green for calories

Great day! What is a Bowflex Max?

It’s a cardio machine that’s kind of a mix between a stair machine and an elliptical. It gives me a great workout and I really like having it.
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Friday Check In

Saturday Plan

Walk at least 4 Miles

Stay green for calories

Good luck with your search for a new family fitness center. Hope you LOVE it, and that your kiddos will too. What great memories and habits you would be building in addition to the perks for you and your fitness journey. I love to swim too, just wish I were more efficient at it. It's such great exercise for the whole body!
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »

Thanks for the list of members, @beka3695! I can't wait to "meet" each of our members here in our discussion board. I invite everyone to take a minute to introduce yourselves to the group. To make it easier to find us, scroll up to the top of this page where it says DOWNSIZERS 2020 January Chat (just underneath the huge Fat2Fit Logo) and you'll see a star over to the right. If you click on that, it marks this chat as a "favorite" and makes it much easier to return to this page. On my computer, there's a tab at the top that says Community. Click that, then you'll see, over to the right, a bell for notifications and another star. When you click that star, this chat will be listed. Then you can just click on the title and you'll be here! On my iPhone, I have to click the three dots at the bottom that say "More" to find the Community folder. Then the star is in the bar at the top. Hope this helps. Look forward to seeing you!
  • panda4153
    Options
    Friday Check In

Saturday Plan

Walk at least 4 Miles

Stay green for calories

Good luck with your search for a new family fitness center. Hope you LOVE it, and that your kiddos will too. What great memories and habits you would be building in addition to the perks for you and your fitness journey. I love to swim too, just wish I were more efficient at it. It's such great exercise for the whole body!

Thank you!! I used to swim competitively but it’s been years. My Daughter recent joined a team and it has inspired me to get back in the pool. I don’t want to join a team but it’s such a great workout and non impact. Don’t worry about being efficient, if anything I would suggest focusing on your stroke technique. The better you are the more effective your workout will be. You can go slow and you will feel each muscle engaging.

This place we are looking at also has indoor rock climbing which my youngest has been wanting to do, so I am feeling good about it, but we want to see it in person first before joining.
  • panda4153
    Options
    Wishing everyone on this team a great day!! Good luck with your goals for today!!
  • jennt817
    jennt817 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the helpful navigation of the website and app!! I am still sorting out where and how to find things :)
    Have a great day everyone!
This discussion has been closed.