conleywoods Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Steps
    1/18 6,453
    1/19 3,582
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Back on track today on calories and got some exercise as well..trying to up my NEAT. I walked around while brushing my teeth and my Apple Watch tells me I’ll lose an extra 1.25 pounds this year if I keep doing that :)
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @lovethyneighbor We also have a border collie and Australian cattle dog mix! He is 9 months old and has his moments. He is doing better, thank goodness.

@ElleBellesTheoBear such a great pic of you two together. Babies will keep you busy. Before you know it you will be chasing a toddler around! Enjoy.

@sugar No coffee in the morning is no joking mater! Meltdowns are normal in that situation and I hope there are no more coffee disasters in your future.

@micki48 I only have 2 degrees. I graduated from occupational therapy school when I was 21, then interned for 6 months. Got my first job at 22. Sooo...I will be working forever. I'll let you decide how smart I am 🤔
  • mrsjar5311
    mrsjar5311 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Steps for
    20/1 - 12, 352
    21/1 - 21, 820
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Steps 1/20 - 5968

Finally feeling like myself again, and scale is almost back to normal, the bloating has gone away for now, but still haven't gotten my stupid TOM... I really dislike this perimenopause stuff, when I was normal, I was like clockwork, never had any pms symptoms... Now I get the symptoms, but it doesn't come, then I have no symptoms and bam there it is... It's like mother nature said we know you're getting older and made it through but before we take it away, we are going to really mess with you to keep you on your toes !!!

Got home from work yesterday, did my yoga, then made dinner, then walked on the treadmill... We had Turkey pot pies for dinner that I made the night before... I am giving up carbs, but we already had that planned, and there was no way I was giving away my pie crust, thats the best part of a pot pie... so the low carbing starts today... lol

Did yoga this morning, and will treadmill, some strength training this evening. I put an exercise bench in my yoga room, so I am going to figure out a good strength routine to add a couple of says a week, I can't do heavy lifting cause of my back, so I am going to research that today while I pretend to work... :)

Have a great day !
  • bunnybuns1111
    bunnybuns1111 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    5 random facts about myself
    1. Only child
    2. Met my husband on an online dating site and we have been married for almost 6 years
    3. We have 3 cats
    4. I have a high red belt in taekwondo (next belt testing will be for deputy black and then black)
    5. I almost died from a blood clot in my brain last year
  • bunnybuns1111
    bunnybuns1111 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    3 things I am going to do this week
    1. Go to gym or taekwondo 5 x this week (last week was 4x)
    2. Eat all my meals to keep my metabolism going (I skipped some last week)
    3. Only have 1 cheat meal (I had two last week)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,041 Member
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    @terytha that is wonderfully sweet of him - and i echo @evangsimmons170 re the brownie pts

5 random things
    1. I love ocean swimming.
    2. If a book is by one of my favs, could read all night.
    3. Want to see the Northern lights and soak in the Blue lagoon in the next five years.
    4. Met my husband online as well.
    5. Enjoy binge watching those B movies about snakes, crocodiles, piranhas, giant worms.

I'll def go with you for the Northern lights, but I am NOT going to the movies with you!! The Northern lights are amazing. We've got team members up there in the pretty far north - go visit some time, I hope! We see them here from time to time, and it is amazing. Next time I'm reading late into the night, I'll think of you...
  • jugar
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the roses, @Terytha -- I swear I can almost smell them just from that photo. Beautiful. I think hubby is a keeper :heart:

I have had a good day of getting outdoors, and packing for my trip down to the USA tomorrow. I had an amazing Purolator delivery today - the driver actually got out of the truck, walked a half mile up a steep hill to my house, left the package in the entryway, and walked back down. I could not believe it! I had asked them to deliver by post so that we would not have the problem of poor access, but they didn't... So bravo to the anonymous delivery guy! Hope he enjoyed his hike.

So I have a question for you all this evening. The moderators and captains have been working on a new idea we'd like to try in February. We have not done any challenges that bring all the teams together this month (captains needed a break!!), but we miss the opportunity for people from various teams to get to know one another and to work on common issues, commitments, or to learn together. One of the ideas we are discussing is a series of "portraits" of our challenge members. This was inspired by the amazing introductions we do at the beginnings of the month - they are great. So we're trying to find the best way to present individuals to the whole F2F group. Not just the super successful ones who have lost 100 pounds and are maintaining like a boss (there are some!), not just the great exercisers who inspire us all, but also those who are at the beginning, or in the thick of it, and have not got all the answers but who have tried some stuff and have a lot of questions and even some answers. What I think we'll do is have each person who is agrees to do this (it is not obligatory by any means!) answer the same set of questions. The profile would go up at the beginning of the week (in the Announcements section), and then anyone could come in and discuss, ask questions, or generally react to what the profile contains.

So what questions do you think would provoke interesting answers and discussions? They need to be general enough to allow a lot of latitude, but specific enough to receive more than general, vague comments and answers. Here are some of the ideas so far:
    What is your biggest (or most persistent) stumbling block?
    What keeps you going?
    What resources (book, website, blog, etc.) have been most helpful?

Post here what you would like to know about someone else on this journey with you, or what you would like to be asked if you were presented. The object is twofold - to get to know some of the individuals from across all the teams, and to discuss issues we all face as we work on weight, fitness, and both our healthy and unhealthy habits and ways of thinking.

Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    HEADS UP!

Already due weigh-ins:
    @jfp420
    @mrslrucker

Wednesday weigh-ins:
    @fourathomej
    @offitgoes
    @evelynladams527
    @cedarfoxy

Good luck everyone! I understand that this is International Naked Weigh-In Week :wink:
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    @jugar Definitely a keeper! Work is unbelievably stressful right now and surprise roses definitely brightened things up today.

As far as questions go, I'm trying to think of some wording around exercise. I know a lot of us who now regularly exercise had a lot of trouble at first, so maybe something like "what do you do for exercise and what do you enjoy most about it?"
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    HEADS UP!

Already due weigh-ins:
    @jfp420
    @mrslrucker

Wednesday weigh-ins:
    @fourathomej
    @offitgoes
    @evelynladams527
    @cedarfoxy

Good luck everyone! I understand that this is International Naked Weigh-In Week :wink:

Girl, every week is naked weigh in week for me! Lololol

Same! XD
    At home, anyway. At the gym I wear my leggings, although I do regularly see women who prefer au naturel there as well.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    HEADS UP!

Already due weigh-ins:
    @jfp420
    @mrslrucker

Wednesday weigh-ins:
    @fourathomej
    @offitgoes
    @evelynladams527
    @cedarfoxy

How is that any different than *every* week?

• EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the roses, @Terytha -- I swear I can almost smell them just from that photo. Beautiful. I think hubby is a keeper :heart:

I have had a good day of getting outdoors, and packing for my trip down to the USA tomorrow. I had an amazing Purolator delivery today - the driver actually got out of the truck, walked a half mile up a steep hill to my house, left the package in the entryway, and walked back down. I could not believe it! I had asked them to deliver by post so that we would not have the problem of poor access, but they didn't... So bravo to the anonymous delivery guy! Hope he enjoyed his hike.

So I have a question for you all this evening. The moderators and captains have been working on a new idea we'd like to try in February. We have not done any challenges that bring all the teams together this month (captains needed a break!!), but we miss the opportunity for people from various teams to get to know one another and to work on common issues, commitments, or to learn together. One of the ideas we are discussing is a series of "portraits" of our challenge members. This was inspired by the amazing introductions we do at the beginnings of the month - they are great. So we're trying to find the best way to present individuals to the whole F2F group. Not just the super successful ones who have lost 100 pounds and are maintaining like a boss (there are some!), not just the great exercisers who inspire us all, but also those who are at the beginning, or in the thick of it, and have not got all the answers but who have tried some stuff and have a lot of questions and even some answers. What I think we'll do is have each person who is agrees to do this (it is not obligatory by any means!) answer the same set of questions. The profile would go up at the beginning of the week (in the Announcements section), and then anyone could come in and discuss, ask questions, or generally react to what the profile contains.

So what questions do you think would provoke interesting answers and discussions? They need to be general enough to allow a lot of latitude, but specific enough to receive more than general, vague comments and answers. Here are some of the ideas so far:
    What is your biggest (or most persistent) stumbling block?
    What keeps you going?
    What resources (book, website, blog, etc.) have been most helpful?

Post here what you would like to know about someone else on this journey with you, or what you would like to be asked if you were presented. The object is twofold - to get to know some of the individuals from across all the teams, and to discuss issues we all face as we work on weight, fitness, and both our healthy and unhealthy habits and ways of thinking.

Thanks!
    Hi ho!
    Great ideas about sharing and cultivating connections! I’m reminded of dealing with my daughter, Monica when she was in late high school. She asked me to remind her about a report due in a month so she’d be motivated to be on time. Before I agreed, I thought about all of the times she made similar requests and invariably bit off my face for asking! I asked her what way she’d like me to ask so she didn’t feel like I was trying to control her? If she became defensive, what word would remind her of her agreement?
    So, what phrases work best to help motivate you? What would help unlock your resistance?
    I’m sure there are a variety of ways to ask those types of questions - I trust you.
    Have a safe trip to MA.
    Hope to see you Friday - I might have to work at new job - unless Crystal goes into labor early!
This discussion has been closed.