LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    That's gonna look cool :) May the force be with you!!!
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Thanks guys :)

So... Im gonna have to listen to what my body is screaming at me and cut the fat for now.
    I tried beef cheek again for lunch. Not even a lot of it. Few hours later, BLAH feeling and nauseated. Had to take an antacid.

So yep.... I'm listening damnit... no more fatty meats for now. Not until it feels like my body is craving for it.

Maybe it's saying "hey heeeeey. Why are you eating fat when you still have so much to use on your body?? STOP IT!!" lol ;)

Hopefully it goes well! I do enjoy some sirloins. Just had one for dinner. Medium rare and it was delicious!
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    You wall is looking good already😍 With all your plans, it's going to vg e awesome 👍😍🤩 What about your egg diet thingy? If I remember rightly, you did loose quite a bit. Take care and hope you will find the right diet🤞👍
  • LiLee2018
    Egg fast :) Yeah I had a lot of success when I did it, but it's basically just carnivore with less options lol. I'd rather just eat whatever meat. I mean maybe down the road I'll feel like doing it again, but not right now :)

SO yesterday was my first day of intentionally picking leaner meats.
    And to be clear, I'm not even low fat. I still use butter to cook. Still use heavy whipping cream in my coffee and eating cream cheese and cottage cheese. I'm just eating leaner meat right now.

Anywho... everything went well. It was nice actually not having any sort of gut issues going on. I ate... and felt fine.

I didn't have anything until around 11am. Had a coffee and was fully prepared to devour 2 legs, 2 thighs and 2 wings from the sam's rotisserie chicken we bought. That's what I'd normally eat (and most of the time I'd want more).
    I ate 1 thigh and 1 wing and was totally satisfied until dinner at 5:30.
    Shocked.... SHOCKED lol. I hope that continues. Maybe it will some days... and maybe other days I'll eat everything in site lol.

Dinner was a sirloin w/ warmed cream cheese and cottage cheese.

And I'm feeling great. Not really feeling "thinner" today, but the scale read at 183 which I'm super stoked to see :) It's not a huge loss, but I will take it anyway!
    Official weigh-in is tomorrow though so FX that it holds up until then :)

And yeah... even though there were some rough days trying to figure out what the hell my body wanted.... I think it's good for now.
    Even during most of those days, my energy level has been up. Even with crap sleep, I don't feel like a total zombie during the day anymore.

Speaking of crap sleep... I caught myself snoring last night. I must've been half asleep and heard myself snoring and it woke me up. Surprised me but it's also not that surprising. I'm not normally a snorer, but I did become one when I was heavier in weight and although weight is going down, my weight is still up.
    So yeah... I guess some apnea may be part of the cause of my crappy sleeping recently. Hopefully it gets better with more weight loss.
  • Morena_2020
    Morena_2020 Posts: 212 Member
    Hi LiLee, and great to meet you! I haven’t read your full story but have to admit what I read was interesting - never heard of a carnivore diet for weight loss before. I’m wondering: have you ever got your gall bladder checked? Your symptoms remind me of the very beginning of my gall bladder woes, which was at least two years before I started getting pains (ie. stones) and it had to come out. Not saying that’s what it is or anything - just keep an eye on it!
  • LiLee2018
    Hi LiLee, and great to meet you! I haven’t read your full story but have to admit what I read was interesting - never heard of a carnivore diet for weight loss before. I’m wondering: have you ever got your gall bladder checked? Your symptoms remind me of the very beginning of my gall bladder woes, which was at least two years before I started getting pains (ie. stones) and it had to come out. Not saying that’s what it is or anything - just keep an eye on it!

I need to. I don't have a GP right now, but we recently changed insurance so have more options open around us. It's just procrastination and forgetting to set up an appointment with someone. But yeah, I've wondered about my gall bladder too.

• jadepearl
    Yup, I second that. Remember my thyroid issues...if I didn't see a doctor, I will be oblivious and it will just turn worse. Take care, my dear <3 I snore too especially when I am very very tired. Congrat on 183 :+1:
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    COngrats on the 183 ---so glad you are felling better!!!!

• LiLee2018
    Hullo everyone!!
    Nice long weekend.... and back to regular scheduled program.

So last night, I had some pork neckbones for dinner. Too much fat apparently b/c it upset my stomach for the rest of the night in to this morning.
    Thankfully not enough to cause nausea or burping up stomach acid or anything, but still just an unhappy tummy.
    Taking it as just a reminder to bee more mindful of what I'm eating and the amount if it is something fattier.
    I'll have to eat the leftovers for lunches b/c I'm pretty sure the fattier dinner caused my horrible sleep last night. It could've been something else though. /shrugs

I feel pretty good this morning though even w/ the upset stomach (it's fine now). Even though it was a crappy night of sleep... still feeling nice and awake and not like I'm dead mom walking.
    Weighed myself for the hell of it waiting for LO to potty and 182.4! Yay! Maybe I can get over a pound loss this week! FX :)

OO and the broth my neckbones made. So good. I added in a TON of minced garlic (strained out most of it), salt and pepper. I want to try adding some spiciness to it and have that in the mornings instead of coffee. It's gotten cold here again and a nice spicy hot cup of broth sounds amazing. Yum! Will have to see if I can find some sort of ramen broth spice blend I can make for it lol.

Hopefully my continued NOT OMADing isn't bugging anyone lol. I do plan on getting back to that point, but I'm taking my time and letting my body adjust to these changes I've made. I think once I've found a good groove, OMAD should come easily whenever I'm ready to do it again.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    I'm pretty sure at this point we don't give a sh** love :D Glad your tummy is doing better <3
  • volgirl1322
    You do you boo :) we aren't gonna get rid of you :) we luv ya :) !!

Glad your tummy is settled now :)
  • Morena_2020
    This is wonderful. If ever I get to the point where I need to take time out from OMAD it’s great to know this level of support is here! What a great bunch you all are.
  • LiLee2018
    Mmhmm. These folks really are the best :)

Ok so yesterday was a success for meals.
    I had my fattier meal for lunch and leaner for dinner.
    Lunch was leftover pork neckbone with the broth. 1 big piece and 1 little piece. I did get a slightly upset stomach but it felt more like I just ate too much of something that was rich. It didn't last long.

Dinner was 2 prime sirloins w/ warmed cream cheese and cottage cheese.
    I'm gonna miss the cheeses in Feb when I try dairy free /cry It's SO yummy with steak. Even though cream cheese is pretty dense and rich, it brings this tang that is just so good and needed to help break up some of the monotony that can come with just eating meat.

BUT I want to see if going completely dairy free does anything for me. Maybe it will do nothing, maybe I'll drop like 20lbs! ;) rofl I wish!

And I think next week I'm going to finally start walking around the neighborhood with the kids. It won't be quite as cold out... although AF seems like it might show up next week. We'll see how I feel lol.

Something weird happened with dinner last night.
    So I had my diet soda earlier in the day so just water with dinner.
    Every time I drank... I instantly wanted more. Like... I could've drank half a gallon water easily within a 4hr period. I stopped myself though b/c I didn't want to be up all night long peeing lol.
    It was weird though. I could not get enough to drink. The more I drank, the more I wanted and the drier my mouth felt.
  • volgirl1322
    It would be so hard to give up cheese --but it may tell you something so good luck!

For me, now that I drink about a gallon (sometimes a bit more) of water a day the more I drink the more I want as well ---like you I haven't a clue why ---but I am the same way. I have to make sure I don't drink any after dinner bc I don't want to sleep in the bathroom :) I try to have all of my water drank by like 630pm......

So ---we have a great group here --maybe someone can explain the water question :)

• LiLee2018
    I dunno what causes it and it seems like carnivore people don't either... although it is a thing that happens to some.
    A lot say it's an electrolyte issue. I've seen others say maybe it's not enough fat in the diet. /shrugs
    I haven't felt any sort of electrolyte deficiency though. No headaches or anything and I haven't really been peeing more than usual or drinking more than usual. /shrugs

OO I forgot to mention.... so I've been weighing daily since Sunday lol. And yall... I am SO fricking thrilled to see the number coming down finally!! I weighed myself multiple times this morning.... you all know what I mean... before poop and after poop :lol: I weighed one last time before eating lunch and it was 181.2!!
    I'm not going to add it in to MFP... will wait to see what it is on Monday but holy crap.... I know I shouldn't put too much on what the scale shows, but damn does it feel GOOD to see my weight going down again.
  • volgirl1322
    WOOHOO WOOHOO that is super super awesome on the weight loss :) YAY YAY!!! <3
  • Morena_2020
    It could be an electrolyte issue, but don’t forget that most veggies have a HIGH water content, and your body might be trying to make up for the lack of that.
  • LiLee2018
    /shrugs Could be.
    From what I've gathered from different carnivore people, some still have this problem even after doing the diet for months, others used to until they started drinking an electrolyte concoction. Some get it here and there and go through periods of time where they just get super thirsty and it eventually goes away. /shrugs
    I think I'm going to try adding in an electrolyte drink tomorrow (just water w/ all the stuff added to it) and drink throughout the day and see how it goes.

Thinking ahead. I think I'm going to try doing a month free from diet soda too. NOT the same month as dairy free lol.
    I think that might include the Monster drinks too.... /sobs
    I don't wanna give them up!
    BUT ya know.. it would be nice to not be so addicted to soda. I don't buy in to the whole It's TOXIC TOXIIIIICCCC crap people try to spew, but ya know.. MAYBE the continued use of sweetener isn't so great? Maybe if I got rid of all the sweetness from my diet, even if it comes from artificial sources, I could completely get rid of any sort of sweet cravings I do have.
    I mean.. I don't really have a craving for sweets now though. Or maybe my craving for sweets is my addiction to diet soda? It's not caffeine since I drink caff free sodas.
    I dunno, but I think it is something I'll do later this year. When exactly? /shrugs

Aaaand yep. Not a bad day in general.

Had pork neckbones w/ broth for lunch. Was HUNGRY so I had more of both (about 3 large pieces and a lot more broth) and was totally fine after. No upset stomach at all. YAY :)
    And dinner was some 80/20 ground beef taco meat w/ 4oz of cream cheese melted and mixed in to it. Holy moly... SO GOOD. I ate A LOT of it. I had a heaping amount on my plate and went through most of it before daughter wanted to try it and then wanted the rest lol.
    BUT... surprisingly not that satisfying? I couldn't drain all of the fat so I know I got some of it, but I dunno... just didn't feel as filling as a steak is. Really strange.

• jadepearl
    I am also addicted to diet soda but I have limit myself to maximum 2 can per day..lol. I hope you will find a diet that will suits your body and also makes you happy :)
  • volgirl1322
    Since I have been forcing myself to drink more water I have one diet dr pepper at work each day and that is it. On the weekends I usually always have a zero monster and one diet DP. I do drink cofee though....a lot of coffee :)