Steps
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    dness1203 wrote: »
    Week 3 weigh in.

Previous 315.1
    Today 316.1

😡😡😡😡. Sorry team no green for me today. This is typically the point at which I completely give up. I’ll have 2 good weeks and then have a gain and then want to just quit. Trying to push through and have a strong week this week.

Please don’t give up. One pound is nothing after all of your awesome work!
  • Kres567
    Options
    nqyusw2ritwr.jpeg

WEEK 2 STEP RESULTS
    As a group we walked 381,641 steps
    TOP 3 STEPPERS
    @Kres567 with 58,745 steps
    @jennt817 with 57,208 steps
    @UTMom81 with 53,441 steps

Wow! I’ve honestly never won a step challenge ever. I’m so happy to be doing something right. It’s not showing on the scale but I’m feeling more energetic!

Congrats everyone!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Steps for week of January 19

01/19 - 9,761
    01/20 - 11,708
    01/21 - 11,737
    01/22 - 14,291
  • Kres567
    Options
    Weekly Check in

Been a busy week at work and home so haven’t been check in. Goals for tomorrow:

1. Walk at lunch
    2. Drink 100oz of water
    3. Baby shower at work tomorrow - don’t eat anything if not hungry. Eat lunch before going.
  • kguin0323
    kguin0323 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    1/22 Step Count= 12,595
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,508 Member
    Options
    Overdue weight ins
    @kizer4
    @SereneRose
    @Fizzzy1
    @shushuria [/quote]

Thursday Weigh in
    @UTMom81
  • mellane30
    mellane30 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Ok..I'm not panicking (this post may be riddled with sarcasm) - We had to have a meeting with other people and it was set up at a brewery. Ok....no problem. I can deal with that. I just needed to make decent food choices. One of the guys we were meeting with was already drunk when we got there and he is just a treat when he's drunk. In order to get through the meeting without a fight, my husband ordered a plate of buffalo wings for the two of us to share in the hopes that we'd pay more attention to the food than the guy. It worked.
    Then, the waiter came to take our order. Me (not really thinking about it because I was irritated) ordered one of my favorites; fish and chips. Little did I know until later when I looked it up, a standard restaurant order of fish and chips is between 1,300 and 2,300 calories PER ORDER! Needless to say, I went somewhat over my calorie budget.
    I am sure I am not the first person this has happened to and this is usually where I get frustrated and fed up and quit. I'm not quiting but how do others in this group deal with mistakes like this? More so, how do you deal with the feelings of guilt and feeling like a major failure? I'm asking for a friend, of course. ;)
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Steps for 1/21- 17,622

8am to 10pm I think I sat down twice. Busy day!

Awesomely!! 😊
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    mellane30 wrote: »
    Ok..I'm not panicking (this post may be riddled with sarcasm) - We had to have a meeting with other people and it was set up at a brewery. Ok....no problem. I can deal with that. I just needed to make decent food choices. One of the guys we were meeting with was already drunk when we got there and he is just a treat when he's drunk. In order to get through the meeting without a fight, my husband ordered a plate of buffalo wings for the two of us to share in the hopes that we'd pay more attention to the food than the guy. It worked.
    Then, the waiter came to take our order. Me (not really thinking about it because I was irritated) ordered one of my favorites; fish and chips. Little did I know until later when I looked it up, a standard restaurant order of fish and chips is between 1,300 and 2,300 calories PER ORDER! Needless to say, I went somewhat over my calorie budget.
    I am sure I am not the first person this has happened to and this is usually where I get frustrated and fed up and quit. I'm not quiting but how do others in this group deal with mistakes like this? More so, how do you deal with the feelings of guilt and feeling like a major failure? I'm asking for a friend, of course. ;)

I had to accept that this is a journey like life and there will be missteps. Beating myself up got me nowhere. I figured out what caused the misstep and how I could deal with that the next time so I could prevent a repeat. One big thing for me was accepting there are no bad foods. You just have to eat them in moderation.

I am glad you are not going to quit. That tells me there that you are a winner.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Thursday check in

Calories: under
    Exercise: 20 minute walk
    Water: met water goal

Goals for Friday
    1. Walk 30 minutes
    2. Eat a salad for lunch as we are taking grandkids to McDonald’s for supper
    3. log all food

I saw the doctor today. It is nerve pain I am having in my leg/foot. I already take medication for this so they are going to increase the dose. Hopefully this will give me some relief.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    1/23
    15,380 steps
  • jennt817
    jennt817 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! You deserve love and kindness. Guilt brings us to a halt...forgiveness moves us through... embrace forgiveness...you are on track and your awareness and reflection demonstrates this. Keep going and don’t give up!!! You’re not alone in this. We got you!!
    Hugs,
    Jenn
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    mellane30 wrote: »

I don’t think you should feel at all guilty. I never feel guilty about what I ate, I think that it can lead to an unhealthy view of food. Instead I acknowledge my choices I made and I try to identify if I would want to make a different choice if faced with similar circumstances. In some cases I wouldn’t. I like tasty food and calorie dense food and I plan to continue to eat the things I like for the rest of my life. I just don’t eat that way all the time anymore. in other cases I realize that I really didn’t enjoy it, or I made choices without thinking and in that case I create a mental plan of what I would do instead of faced again with the same set of choices. My choices either speed up or slow down my journey, but it never comes to a stop because I stay committed to the journey. All you did was slow down a little bit tonight. You ordered something you enjoy, and hopefully despite the irritation of someone else you had a nice time with your husband. Your very next meal you can get right back on track for your journey. Food does not make you a failure. Also believe it or not will power is actually a finite resource in us. There has been research that when under stress will power in an individual will only last so long, so don’t beat yourself up. You have already won if you just carry on with your own journey.
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    Thursday Weigh In (What happened to Thursday? How is this Friday already???)

Previous: 168.4
    Current: 167.4

Steps:
    1/21--10,571
    1/22--6,531
    1/23--8,109

It's been a crazy busy week. Sorry I've been MIA a couple days. I'll have to go back and catch up with everyone's posts. Happy Friday everyone!
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    Thursday Weigh In (What happened to Thursday? How is this Friday already???)

Previous: 168.4
    Current: 167.4

Steps:
    1/21--10,571
    1/22--6,531
    1/23--8,109

It's been a crazy busy week. Sorry I've been MIA a couple days. I'll have to go back and catch up with everyone's posts. Happy Friday everyone!

Great loss this week!! Congratulations 🎉
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    lindamtuck2018
    PW 206.8
    CW 206.2

This discussion has been closed.