Yesterday’s Fitbit/mfp stats:
    6597 steps. 5500 goal steps
    2.86 miles
    2763 burned calories
    43 active
    83 sleep score
    59 resting sleep
    1633 calories consumed

Macros by grams. carb 199g, goal > 250g, fat 66g, goal 44-77g, protein 76g, goal 70g

Basic Goals
    30 active (heart rate driven) minutes: 🏋️‍♀️
    Complete food diary: 📖
    Stay hydrated(more than 64 oz): 💦
    Stay below sugar goal: candy 👎
    Meet fiber in range:🥬
    Daily self care: meditating, crafting, reading, etc. 🧚🏻
    Sleep: minimum 7 hours 💤

My vision for 2020:
    To find out who I am outside of “mom” since I will be an empty nester in the 5 months.
    To love me no matter where I am at in my journey.
    To pursue habits and hobbies that I will enjoy and that will enrich my soul.
    To focus on total health (mind, body, and soul)

Don’t let any one weigh-in dictate what I do.
    Choose to do the work.
    Choose to show up & do the actions.
    Don’t give up when you get your first bit of resistance.
    Stick to your habits no matter what. Ignore your ego and avoid complacency.
    Keep a connection with others who understand what this journey. Isolation is not helpful
    Don’t hide when weight gain happens. Assume it will. Share your truth, and don’t let your mind tell you no one will understand.
    Make up your mind that you are and will be successful.
    Accept that this is your struggle, and you will not be fixed. I will need to continuously manage my condition.

The stresses of year end are starting to decrease! I did make it to gym yesterday for an upper body strength session. My arm strength is horrible.

Did anyone watch biggest loser last night? I was really happy to see that they provided not only a year membership to the contestant leaving but also a nutritionist.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited January 2020
    @TeresaW1020 -- Woohoo! A stepping challenge can be such a great nudge to get moving when I don't feel like it! This will be such fun!

Here's a great little article on the value of stepping. "Recent studies show that walking as little as two hours per week can help you live longer and reduce the risk of disease." You can help improve the health of family members, too! My husband and I go to the gym together, and I now have him in the habit of parking as far away from the door as possible in that parking lot -- a few more steps for both of us!

@raleighgirl09 - Your contribution on calling myself on my own BS was great. And on a silly note, thinking about that led me to enjoy this Mental Floss list of 19 Old-Timey Ways to Call B.S.. I am easily amused, and it made me happy. Sharing because it might make you smile. Okay, back to being serious.

Tuesday Check-in
    Calories: under; all good, on-plan choices
    Water: on target
    Exercise: platform stepping (46 min)
    5 Habits: Checks for 5 out of 5! ✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️
    Grateful for: friends to remind me to be
    To Do List: Got some stuff done. My first thought is "yeah, but not enough." But if a friend said that, I'd tell her to cut herself a break and be happy about the accomplishment. So. More to do today, for sure, but progress made yesterday!

Goals and Improvements for Today (Wednesday)
    Work my 5 Habits!
    - Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min)✔️
    - Meditation (daily 2+ min)✔️
    - M.A. Forms Practice (daily 2+ min)✔️
    - Exercise (6 x week/45+ min) (martial arts class today
    - Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily)
    Other
    - Work on the To Do List!
    - Includes working on my office!
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Username: leonadixon
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    PW (1/1): 197
    Check in weight (1/8): 196.6
    Check in weight (1/15): 196.2
    Check in weight (1/23 (late)): 196.0
    Check in wight (1/29): 196.6
  • wwood008
    wwood008 Posts: 31 Member
    Weighing in a day late but..
    Username: wwood008
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    Week 4
    Previous weight: 149.4
    Current:147.9
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,550 Member
    @AustinRuadhain You gave me a great idea mentioning soup, I recently bought a miso ginger broth at Trader Joe's and soba noodles, I'll add cabbage to that, thanks!

@mrmcgrath I'm glad your stress is decreasing! I think arms are the hardest to improve strength, I go up and do pretty heavy leg weights, went up fast on situps and planks, but arm weights are creeping along slowly. I celebrate every 2.5lb gain! For curls and overhead press it's really going slow, only 1 gain in 6 months! Hang in there!

@leonadixon hang in there, you got this!

@wwood008 nice loss, wtg!

@AustinRuadhain Definitely go with your advice to a friend, you accomplish so much daily and every bit counts!

Have a great day everyone!
  • Kpaige428
    Kpaige428 Posts: 11 Member
    Hi Everyone,
    I am new to this group. Although I have been using my fitness pal on and off for several years, I have never taken advantage of the additional features such as the community they have so this is a little new to me. About me: I am 34 years old, married with a 7 year old son. My current weight is 156lbs and I am ultimately looking to get into the 130's but my first goal is getting to 140lbs. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone in this group and supporting each other on our weight loss journey. Also, I have an apple watch if anyone would like to become friends.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Weekly Weigh-In

Day - Tuesday
    Username - bethanie0825
    Previous - 233.8
    Current - 233.8

Stalled again. But I've been getting to the gym on my days off And sticking to eating a meal once or twice a day. I did plan on hitting Wendy's Tuesday after working out but I never got out of my car. I'm usually ravenous after working out so to solve that, I took a PB and jelly sammich with me today; had zero desire for fast food.
  • Katmary71
    @Kpaige428 Welcome to the group, it's nice to meet you! There's a step challenge starting for February, I'm so envious of those of you with trackers!

@bethanie0825 Great job staying on track and good planning with the sandwich! I leave my wallet at home when I go to the gym, there's 6 restaurants in the parking lot and two coffee shops which are my weakness! I know if I cave it'll give me "permission" to get something after working out.
  • Katmary71
    Wednesday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- stair treadmill, leg weights, stretching, yoga
    Water- over

Habits
    Weights 3xs a week- did today
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Stretching/core- did stretches
    Yoga- did mellow back routine, hardest part was laying on chest
    Decluttering/cleaning- cleaned out cabinets and scrubbed everything
    Recipe- made ginger miso soup with soba noodles and kale. Will probably make Persian split pea from my Moosewood cookbook once I get through some vegetables.
  • sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Sunshineplace
    Week 4
    Thursday
    PW 158.2
    CW 157.6
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    01/30
    Check In
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 198.3
    Todays Weight 195.4💥

Yesterday
    Calories: under
    Water: over/under? Over
    Macros: right on
    Exercise: spinning and treadmill

Yesterday’s Fitbit/mfp stats:
    8368 steps. 5500 goal steps
    3.58 miles
    2877 burned calories
    58 active
    77 sleep score
    60 resting sleep
    1918 calories consumed

Macros by grams. carb 192g, goal > 336g, fat 81g, goal 44-77g, protein 100g, goal 70g

Basic Goals
    30 active (heart rate driven) minutes: 🏋️‍🚴‍♀️
    Complete food diary: 📖
    Stay hydrated(more than 64 oz): 💦
    Stay below sugar goal: candy 👎
    Meet fiber in range:🥬
    Daily self care: meditating, crafting, reading, etc. 🧚🏻
    Sleep: minimum 7 hours 👎

My vision for 2020:
    To find out who I am outside of “mom” since I will be an empty nester in the 5 months.
    To love me no matter where I am at in my journey.
    To pursue habits and hobbies that I will enjoy and that will enrich my soul.
    To focus on total health (mind, body, and soul)

Don’t let any one weigh-in dictate what I do.
    Choose to do the work.
    Choose to show up & do the actions.
    Don’t give up when you get your first bit of resistance.
    Stick to your habits no matter what. Ignore your ego and avoid complacency.
    Keep a connection with others who understand what this journey. Isolation is not helpful
    Don’t hide when weight gain happens. Assume it will. Share your truth, and don’t let your mind tell you no one will understand.
    Make up your mind that you are and will be successful.
    Accept that this is your struggle, and you will not be fixed. I will need to continuously manage my condition.

One more day till official weigh in and I have high hopes for a decrease this week. I weigh daily and then use my weekly average as my official weight. So far, it has been a good scale week!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,030 Member
    Another new member assigned to you this morning! Be sure to welcome @prowell57 when they arrive!
  • sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    So by some miracle I lost this week! Thrilled to say the least. It has been a crazy week, both good and bad and some more craziness coming up but I’m getting through. My hip flexor acting up again and I seemed to have some kind of reaction to my Fitbit this week too. So strange. I put it back on my normal wrist last night so we will see how that goes.

I decided I’m not going to stress myself with checking in everyday because some days there is just too much on my plate and it is better to focus that time somewhere else sometimes like tracking for example. When my weeks aren’t so crazy I will check in more.

@AustinRuadhain thank you for the bs article. Lol. I enjoyed reading that and having a little chuckle this morning. I saw there was one specific to Texas. I can’t remember which one it was but wondered if it was one you use. 😜. And as always, thank you for your encouragement. I saw your comment on my page.
  • prowell57
    prowell57 Posts: 140 Member
    Hi everyone,
    I'm new to the group and want to introduce myself. My name is Pam, I'm 62 yrs young, married to my sweetheart 39 yrs. I have 2 beautiful daughters and 4 grandkids that I absolutely adore ❤️. Three Grandaughters ages 20,13,12 and one 15 yr old grandson. We usually have the 12 and 15 yr old most weekends.
    I live in Oklahoma. We have a place out in the country and I love working in my yard, bird watching, quilting, cross stitch, and spoiling my 2 cats and 1 puppy. My husband was diagnosed 2 yrs ago with stage 4 liver cancer. It's been a very scary up and down time in our lives but he is now in remission, praise God! Ten months after his diagnoses I had a nasty fall down the front porch steps and broke my humerus bone. Had to have a complete reversible shoulder replacement last feb. I was pretty much bedridden for 4 mo. Our youngest daughter moved in with us for awhile to take care of both of us until I was able to start getting around again. I'm pretty much healed but still have to watch how I lift things. Sure will be glad when I'm back to being normal again.
    My weight problem started after the birth of my 2nd baby (31 yrs ago) and it's been a big struggle! I was diagnosed little over a yr ago with being borderline diabetic so decided it's time to get serious about this weight. I started researching how to eat as a borderline diabetic and came across the Keto diet. After reading how it helped so many people in my situation I decided to give it a try. After 4 months of struggling to keep my carbs below 20g a day I got discouraged and quit, that was 2 months ago. I had lost around 26lbs or so the 4 mo I was on keto and gained part of it back. Second week of this month I decided to jump back on the keto wagon except this time around I'm doing "dirty keto". I've set my carb intake to 30-50 grams a day but try really hard to keep it around 30. Hopefully doing it this way won't be so discouraging! When I first started keto I weighed 224lbs, got down to 196. Two weeks ago I was back up to 203lbs. I weighed in yesterday at 198.6. On top of weighing in weekly I also take my measurements monthly. My weigh-in day is Sunday and measurement day is the 1st of each mo.
    I had friends on mfp that always seemed to find fault in what I was/wasn't eating, very discouraging!! So when I quit keto I also quit mfp but I know me...I NEED motivation/support or I won't last long on whatever diet I'm on.
    I'm really excited about being here in this group. I don't know why I never checked out this part of mfp before :) Looking forward to getting to know everyone and taking this journey with you.
  • MaegyS
    MaegyS Posts: 9 Member
    MaegyS
    Week 4

PW: 216.3
    CW: 215.4
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    gwamajtw91
    Last week: 172.2
    This week: 171.9
    Was hoping for better but last night ended up at a new restaurant that opened near our house and ate Fried Green Tomatoes & Gumbo Ya-Ya. Delicious but too much salt for a Thursday morning weigh-in!! :s
  • prowell57
    I wasn't for sure if we're suppose to post our nutritional values or not, just in case...here's my daily goals:
    Calories 1,275
    Carbs 10% 32 grams
    Protein 25% 79 grams
    Fat 65% 92 grams

This is subject to change if/when I lower my calories.

• prowell57
    @gwamajtw91 sounds yummy. I love fried green tomatoes and gumbo. Can't wait for the summer to get here so I can get some green tomatoes 😋
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 691 Member
    raleighgirl09
    Thursday weigh in week 5 (30Jan2020)
    Previous weight: 185.9
    Current weight: 192.7 (what is the opposite of shazam?)

Wow. A week of not habiting, let alone tracking it. It seems that it has been several months since such a slide and it is not escaping me that it happened/is happening just as I was doing really, really well. Sure - work is madness and we're moving offices and that's been a bear. Parents, kids, grandkids. I kinda want to start whining about it all but truth be told, I could have been keeping some habits even in the midst of the wackiness that has been this week, beginning with last Friday. The only thing I have done consistently is walk everyday, only Tuesday was under 10,000 steps but was so close that I'm sad I didn't march in place. I did see the grandbaby on Tuesday and that was awesome so I guess I traded about 150 steps to play with my best girl. => Last night I had pizza and enjoyed every bit of it but did not enjoy MFP jeering at me about weighing 205 pounds if everyday was like that day. Now there's some motivation for you - predictions of a 20ish pound gain over 5 weeks.

Today was better. I planned but didn't pre-log, calories are under. Water is on target. Steps are over 10,000 with two walks. Pre-planning and pre-logging tomorrow.

Upside for today is that when I dialed into my podcast (have not in several days), I heard episode #55 Why am I on again off again losing weight? which started out with highlighting the difference between good days and bad days. Good days it all seems easy, you just do all the best things that align with your goals without a second thought. Bad days are just sick with challenges that seem too difficult.....could be the same things you mowed over the day before in all your good-day glory. Both are normal, both will happen. I can't be mad at myself for a bad week, I need to get back up for a good week. Good = following and tracking the habits, assessing, pre-planning and pre-logging, being engaged in this group, doing my work in PnP and being dialed into that message. Gotta be ok with it and just pick up and carry on for this one day at a time adventure.

Last week felt easy. This week felt extremely hard. I get to write the story and it's ok to concentrate on only one page at a time - one paragraph at time, if that's what it takes.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 691 Member
    So by some miracle I lost this week! Thrilled to say the least. It has been a crazy week, both good and bad and some more craziness coming up but I’m getting through. My hip flexor acting up again and I seemed to have some kind of reaction to my Fitbit this week too. So strange. I put it back on my normal wrist last night so we will see how that goes.

I decided I’m not going to stress myself with checking in everyday because some days there is just too much on my plate and it is better to focus that time somewhere else sometimes like tracking for example. When my weeks aren’t so crazy I will check in more.

What a great message to yourself!! I am so thrilled for you and the miracle which means you are more on than off in what you are doing, kudos! =>
This discussion has been closed.