WAISTAWAYS January 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hi. Can’t wait for the feb. group.
    @Terytha yes that makes sense. DoEs the market have any DVDs that would be similar to the martial arts you do? Ie at home workout
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    AmyRobF wrote: »
    @micki48 I have been HORRIBLE this week and so scared what the scale will say. Not eating healthy, eating too much and not moving around. 😕 No reason. Not sure what’s happening!

@evelynladams527 how is the new job?
    I'm enjoying it more and more every day - thanks for asking!
    It's an interesting combination of secretarial tasks like making appointments for the community pool people; mopping up the puddles created by getting out of the pool; answering the phone; retrieving the mail for that department; communicating with housekeeping and maintenance for normal things like pool chemical levels and toilet paper. Oh, and my favorite thing so far? I have the priviledge of "teaching" 4 classes per week which means I'm getting paid to exercise! How cool is that?!
    Of course, my new classes started this week as well as a brief visit from #1 daughter (who is usually pretty wired)...my stress level is a little bit challenging and has made my scale freeze at last week's level. disappointing, that!
    Let's hope we'll both get enough rest, water, and movement soon. I'm sure we can.

@micki48 steps: 4,400
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    @jugar sorry I'm tardy putting in my weight this week - don't get Rosie after me!
    It's 188.3
    I'm sure it'll get moving again soon. being in the water seems to make a difference in additional water weight. amazing how much we can absorb through the skin.
    of course, baking cookies (and eating some dough-can't change *all* of my spots at once!) hasn't contributed to losing more pounds. What you said about plateaus makes sense, though, so I'll be patient and keep exercising and drinking more water, etc.
    In fact, I plan to get to bed earlier for the next few days. I think that'll be good, too.
    Sleep well, y'all.
    @YinxFed migraines! Ugh. I've got some simple massage-type things for you to try if you're interested. It has to do with the "pain gate theory". It's effective, too.
    More on that soon.
    Sleep well.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    @jugar sorry I'm tardy putting in my weight this week - don't get Rosie after me!
    It's 188.3
    I'm sure it'll get moving again soon. being in the water seems to make a difference in additional water weight. amazing how much we can absorb through the skin.
    of course, baking cookies (and eating some dough-can't change *all* of my spots at once!) hasn't contributed to losing more pounds. What you said about plateaus makes sense, though, so I'll be patient and keep exercising and drinking more water, etc.
    In fact, I plan to get to bed earlier for the next few days. I think that'll be good, too.
    Sleep well, y'all.
    @YinxFed migraines! Ugh. I've got some simple massage-type things for you to try if you're interested. It has to do with the "pain gate theory". It's effective, too.
    More on that soon.
    Sleep well.

It's all good! You have lost 4.5 pounds this month, so I'd call that a win. Just don't celebrate with more cookie dough, ok? :wink:
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    cw 211.4

@conleywoods Thx for the kind words and I hope to hear what your naturopath has to say. As much as I tell myself "the moment or the big picture", my monkey brain so often takes control. None today though (maybe by posting I'm holding myself more accountable).
    @Andreabroadley Speaking of treats, the probiotic gummies at costco made with juices!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    @evalynladams527 Glad the new job is going well and how great to get paid to exercise. I'm sure you will get back in a routine soon and the scale will move in the right direction.

@yinxfed The migraine symptoms sound terrible! Hope you get better soon.

@Gidgitgoescrazy I love your weekly plans. They are very inspiring. I might have to get more organized and try the weekly exercise schedule.

Well, I finally got sick. Just taking it easy and watching the calories. Drinking water and hopefully I will be better on Monday.
  • bunnybuns1111
    bunnybuns1111 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    @Terytha I think you should definitely go back to your martial arts! Start off slow until you get the hang of it again. I was out almost 6 months from my Taekwondo after my blood clot and I felt like it wasn’t even worth going back because I thought I would never be able to get my black belt because I was on a blood thinner medication. I slowly went back without having any physical contact. Still felt like giving up a couple of times but martial arts is truly my best stress reliever. They bought be a pair of taekwondo shoes so I can do my board breaking and have me using this really soft foam blocker to practice my kicks and strikes. I plan do do tournament at the end of March for forms and maybe weapons (bo staff), but more likely just forms. My goal is to test for my Deputy Black Belt in the beginning of April. They are exempting me from sparring. But I will still have to do my technique, two forms, and my board break.
    I hope you go back.
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    This month has just been tough for me. I’ve done some exercise but haven’t been into it, overall my calories have been negative but my sleep and outlook has been down. Bummer. I’ve been taking more positive steps and thinking about the long run instead of each day. Sorry my overall number this month is red.
    Hoping a downward weight trend starts for February and keeping a positive outlook!

CW: 168
    PW: 168
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh-in
    PW: 179.7
    CW:179.5
    I was good all week but yesterday was my son's birthday and all self-control went out the window :/
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Having a reasonable week, but no convinced I'll see a drop this week, but hopeful, at least feeling more positive atm!
  • jugar
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Happy Friday!
    Thanks for all the wonderful weigh-ins (yes, even the disappointing ones) -- things are looking good on the green front, no thanks to me! I am def in the red this week and month... February will be a time for much reflection and action. @Steph1498 - we've got this!

Happy car shopping @Gidgitgoescrazy ! It is one of those horrible wonderful activities - but still fun.

Inspiring discipline @bunnybuns1111 - many no's were said and you are doing great.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    @evelynladams527 Oh yes please, I will gratefully accept any help I can get with this awful migraine! Do you know that I still have it? Yesterday I was just about able to get showered and come downstairs. I really hoped to see a more marked improvement today.

Although I certainly slept better (6 hours instead of 4 yesterday), as soon as I woke up, it started up again! I made it into the bathroom to brush my teeth, but a shower was out of the question. Still, I'm downstairs under my quilt and "talking" with you kind people, wherever you all are.

Thank you!

• Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    1/30 Steps = 8316
  • jugar
    Options
    PW 224.4
    CW 220.4

Hooray back on track!

You're not kidding! Impressive swath of green there :smiley: