• cedarfoxy
    cedarfoxy Posts: 72 Member
    Steps:
    22 Jan - 6775
    23 Jan - 8164
    24 Jan - 11577
    25 Jan - 5271
    26 Jan - 3972
    27 Jan - 1185+2504=3689 (switched devices)
    28 Jan - 9536
    29 Jan - 1742
    30 Jan - 4967
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    I need the following peoples' steps for the week:

@jugar - Mon-present
    @ddmiddleton2 whole week
    @offitgoes Wed-present
    @KellyBgetsfit Monday-present (sick week?)
    @YinxFed Tuesday - present (I recognize you have been under the weather)
    @conleywoods Whole week (I recognize you have had a sick week too)
    @lovethyneighbor Wednesday to present
    @fourathomej Whole week
    @cedarfoxy Whole week
    @steph1498 Thursday-present
    @cedarfoxy Thursday-present
    @evangsimmons170 I will look for yours on Saturday

Well team, that's a lot of missing steps. I KNOW you all have been taking SOME steps each day. It's better to have any number than NO number. Please get your steps in so we can end this month strong and don't forget to let me know if you want to participate in February.

I have so much more I want to say about your posts. Soooooooo impressed with your prepping, exercising, logging, and losses. But, my sweet girl just got up from her nap and is requiring my attention right now. <3
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,036 Member
    Good to see you @cedarfoxy!! Thanks for your weigh-in (GREEN!) and steps. Hope you're doing great :heart:
  • jugar
    Hello Team!

Our February chat thread is open - go ahead over just to introduce yourself making sure that everyone will know all the great stuff about you. New members will still be trickling in, and they will now be sent there, so show them that great F2F welcome!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10783098/waistaways-february-2020-chat#latest

Please continue to record the final January weigh-ins and steps here, though. Thanks!
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    @micki48 Steps
    Wed 9,115
    Thurs 12,811

• EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 543 Member
    PW 160.2
    CW 159.7
    I was hoping to see more of a decrease this week. A little frustrating because my husband lost 6 lbs this week. I am happy for him though. I did have a cheat meal last Sunday that included fried calamari, lobster bisque, and then a chocolate torte. The main entree wasn’t bad it was sea bass. Monday-Friday my meals are basically the same each day because we meal prep on Sunday and I’ve stuck to them. I went to the gym and did weights and cardio Monday, Wednesday, and will be going this morning and I did taekwondo Tuesday and Thursday. Been getting good sleep. Been staying hydrated. Some extra stress from the funeral on Monday but that’s to be expected. Said no to some very delicious looking mini cheesecakes on Monday. Said no to cake and other sweet treats for a coworkers going away lunch at work on Wednesday. Said no to bagels and doughnuts yesterday morning at work.
    My goal is to go to the gym Saturday and Sunday.

You're incredible! Look how many times you said "no" to some very tempting food items. Not only that, you went to the gym Monday & Wednesday, did taikwondo Tu/Th, stayed hydrated, rested, and destressed whenever you could. You'll have enough strength to smack that husband of yours for losing 6 pounds so quickly! (that "ability" has always been annoying, hasn't it??)
    Reading your cheat meal has made me hungry for dinner. Hmm...it looks nothing like yours but I'm sure we'll put together something yummy.
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    cory17 wrote: »
    cw 211.4

@conleywoods Thx for the kind words and I hope to hear what your naturopath has to say. As much as I tell myself "the moment or the big picture", my monkey brain so often takes control. None today though (maybe by posting I'm holding myself more accountable).
    @Andreabroadley Speaking of treats, the probiotic gummies at costco made with juices!

I will have to check those ones out thanks @cory17!!
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 768 Member
    I think I worked out way too much last weekend. I'm on a 5 day plateau with no energy. Sunday is coming, and tomorrow is Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day at work.
    https://nationaltoday.com/national-eat-ice-cream-for-breakfast-day/
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,054 Member
    @micki48 Here are my steps from Tuesday onwards:

28/1 - 3296
    29/1 - 502
    30/1 - 1550
    31/1 - 1243
  • jugar
    deniners2 wrote: »
    I think I worked out way too much last weekend. I'm on a 5 day plateau with no energy. Sunday is coming, and tomorrow is Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day at work.

OMG! I live in the wrong country!! Ice cream for breakfast sounds like heaven.

But now I repeat - plateaus are your friend! You have lost a lot of weight this month! 11 pounds. Your body is going to give you a bit of a freak out now - it will NOT want to keep losing. Cut the dear thing a break, slow your calorie deficit down for a week or two (but don't go all crazy on me, now!) and it will get used to the new place. Once the low energy and the all-the-time-hungry go away, give it another few days at the same level before losing again - it might not feel like you have super losing powers, but it will work and you won't re-gain. I have seen SO many people lose a lot fast, and then bounce right back because they don't allow themselves to plateau. Plateau is GOOD for you. Then you can go back into that wonderful losing place again and it will work. Don't stop all exercise and eat all the things - but find a level that you can keep around the same weight for a bit. Then once you are all used to that, go for lower.

Above all, keep that fantastic chin up! I have a feeling you're going to be our #1 top loser this month! You will be wearing the BIG tiara.
  • EvMakesChanges
    YinxFed wrote: »
    @evelynladams527 Oh yes please, I will gratefully accept any help I can get with this awful migraine! Do you know that I still have it? Yesterday I was just about able to get showered and come downstairs. I really hoped to see a more marked improvement today.

Although I certainly slept better (6 hours instead of 4 yesterday), as soon as I woke up, it started up again! I made it into the bathroom to brush my teeth, but a shower was out of the question. Still, I'm downstairs under my quilt and "talking" with you kind people, wherever you all are.

Thank you!

Oh, I'm so sorry you're not right here in Vermont so I could show you everything in person! I'll try to make the instructions easy for your poor achy head.
    Look at your hand where your thumb attaches. (stretch thumb and forefinger to make the letter "L"). In the angle of the "web" where the fleshy part meets up with bones make up the "crotch". Your opposite index finger will tap right on that area in a steady pace.
    Here's the story to go with the "tapping". (keep shoulder and arm relaxed - shake out any tight spots and relax).
    "There's a big red barn in a big farm yard. Surrounding it is a corral with a gate at the far side of the yard. The brain is the big red barn. It's busy saying, "I am the brain and have pain on the left (choose the one that's true for you) side of my head!" ("tap, tap, tap"...) "I am the brain ('tap, tap...') and I have...hey! who's tapping? you're interupting my big, important thought! I am the brain and ('tap, tap, tap...') what? why are you tapping? stop interupting my big important thoughts! OK. where was I? Oh, right. I am the brain and ('tap, tap, tap...'), and, uh, hmmm...I don't recall. huh."
    The pain gate theory is fascinating because, when our thinking system is in a pain loop, it's practically impossible to break it on its' own. When the tapping happens, the loop gets broken and the pained system can let go, shift it, lessen it, then, make the pain go away.
    Good luck with it and let me know how it goes. I'll be happy to talk with you or someone who can help fascilitate that process.
    Have a good night!
    Evelyn
  • EvMakesChanges
    Steps: 5,550
    Happy weekend! I'll be back online in the morning. I hope y'all have a good, relaxing night.
    more soon.
  • jugar
    Friday Night Nag Fest! (it isn't national ice cream for breakfast day, but it will have to do...)

Bring me numbers - tomorrow is the closing day of January and I want to have everyone up to date!

Still due for today:
    @mrs_chivonne
    @ann_1403
    @mbutler2013
    @robertefortier536

Due tomorrow (Saturday):
    @evangsimmons170
    @matthewsfive
    @Micki48
    @lovethyneighbor

Overdue and I'm hoping you're still with us!
    @ddmiddleton2
    @jfp420
    @mrslrucker
  • robertefortier536
    robertefortier536 Posts: 10 Member
    PW 181.4
    CW 183
    ☹️
  • jugar
    PW 181.4
    CW 183
    ☹️

Don't be too sad - you still have GREEN for the month! 3 pounds gone! And think about how much more impressive your February week 1 will be :smiley:
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Thanks for the response to my step requests. I have been on a Fitbit virtual hike with @evangsimmons170 and my niece (the one who bailed on this team. Not @AmyRobF ). It has been so much fun to see our progress over the last three days and the beautiful scenery in Yosemite. It has also been VERY motivating to get those steps in. My NEAT calories game has been strong. I can honestly say before I joined this group, I don’t think I had heard of NEAT. Moving more all the time is now a habit for me. Brushing teeth...I’m moving. Cooking dinner...I’m moving. Every hour...I’m moving. I’m happily taking so many more steps. A year ago, I was lucky to get to 5,000. Now, I’m mostly at or over my 8k target and since the new year I have been up over 10k a lot. I am over 14,000 steps today. 🥰.

I guess what I’m trying to say is be patient. Stick with it. Give yourself some grace when things don’t go perfectly. And even after plateaus, the weight will come off again.

My big goal for 2020 was to exercise more and make it a habit. I am happy to report that I exercised at least ten minutes on 26 out of 31 days. That’s huge for me. As I reward for that, I am REALLY noticing less fat to grab on my body. There is still too much, especially that belly fat, but it is departing.

You all have done so well this month. You are here. Give yourself a big hug for that. Green or red month for you, you’re sticking with it. Learn from this month, set goals for February and on we go.

❤️🎉👏🏼👍🏻🤗👟💫💪🏼✨👑🏁
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 279 Member

micki48 wrote: »
    I need the following peoples' steps for the week:

@lovethyneighbor Wednesday to present
    <3

2a8cqnm2g613.jpeg
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 768 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    deniners2 wrote: »

But now I repeat - plateaus are your friend! You have lost a lot of weight this month! 11 pounds. Your body is going to give you a bit of a freak out now - it will NOT want to keep losing. Cut the dear thing a break, slow your calorie deficit down for a week or two (but don't go all crazy on me, now!) and it will get used to the new place. Once the low energy and the all-the-time-hungry go away, give it another few days at the same level before losing again - it might not feel like you have super losing powers, but it will work and you won't re-gain. I have seen SO many people lose a lot fast, and then bounce right back because they don't allow themselves to plateau. Plateau is GOOD for you. Then you can go back into that wonderful losing place again and it will work. Don't stop all exercise and eat all the things - but find a level that you can keep around the same weight for a bit. Then once you are all used to that, go for lower.

Absolutely agree! What I forgot to post was, "No worries. I know I've done everything I should." Patience! Yes, my body has to adjust & catch up. Thank you for the continued motivation!

I'm going to try to mix up my biking because my legs are done for. I'm bummed because it'll be another cold & windy weekend for a run. I hate having to blow my nose every 2 minutes. 😕
This discussion has been closed.