WAISTAWAYS - February 2020 Chat

jugar
jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
Welcome Fat2Fit Challengers

Here is your Team chat room! This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Cheer each other on to success!

We are beginning the February 2020 Challenge - We have six great teams this month. The group and team leaders are as follows:
Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @beka3695
Lisa - @cafelelia
Teresa - @TeresaW1020

Our Team Captains:
*Mission Slimpossible - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
*Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
*Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cafelelia
*Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
*Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
*Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and (open)

Our Team Motivators:
*Mission Slimpossible - @AustinRuadhain
*Trimstones - @Angmarie28
*Weight No More - @nstephenson01
*Waist Aways - @Terytha and @evangsimmons170
*Shrinking Assets - @TheMrWobbly (Fitness Captain)
*Downsizers - @UTMom81 and @Kres567

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, and at the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captain here on your team chat page. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off.

In addition to your own team, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the “Announcements” section for full group challenges.

This month, we have the Leaping Groundhog Challenge! Every day, there will be a question (TWO on groundhog day!!). The more people who post their thoughts and ideas on the question, the more we’ll all learn, and new ways of losing weight and getting fit might come to your attention. The more you read and post, the better it will be - so get ready to answer all 29 questions!

There will also be shorter challenges to get you moving, watching what is on your plate, or getting out of a rut.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love!! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin.

THANKS!

Replies

• Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Hi!!!

@jugar count today’s weigh in as 105.6. Not bad I suppose given 8 weeks surgery. I’m still
    Disappointed in myself for not being 104.

Going to nail it though! Now for some positive reward to keep that goal and make it reality.
  • jugar
    Welcome to February! I'll start off the round of introductions. Ongoing and new members, please introduce yourselves and lay out your goals for the month if you are clear about that. If not - don't worry! There are lots of chances to try daily goals, see what works and what does not. We love a good experiment.

I'm Liselyn, living in rural Québec, about 145 km (85 miles) east of Montreal. I am a musician, and retired university music prof, happy not to be dragging off to Montreal to work to sit too much at a desk in admin positions as I did in my last years there. I have a 27 year-old daughter in the Canadian Army, and a 23 year-old son who works locally. They are both so in shape they hold my feet to the fire!!

I finally got serious about losing weight and getting in shape about 8 years ago. I was the heaviest I had ever been, I generally felt unhealthy and out of shape. I had tried for many years to get at it, but kept slipping back. I had a 6 month leave in 2012, and I decided this was IT. By the time I went back to work, I had lost about 25 of the 40 pounds I needed to lose, and made it to goal by November. It was hard but felt so great! I thank my trainers (at the university gym), my son (relentless pest and great gym buddy), and MFP.

After getting there, though, sometimes maintenance doesn't go so well. I finally found the F2F challenge when I had started putting weight back on, and it has really worked for me. Since retiring, especially, I did not have the community at the gym and at work any more. Now I have lost what I re-gained, and now will chip away at the last 5 pounds my doc would love me to lose. Getting there!

You'll hear ad nauseum how much I love snow and snowshoeing, how my co-captain @micki48 introduced me to Pilates a few months ago and now I'm addicted, and I hope I can support all of you in your journey to join me here in maintenance land. It is not much different here! I still track, keep vigilant, and refuse to ever go back. I'm only 5 feet and a bit tall, so every pound shows. Don't worry if it is SLOW, don't worry if you have ups and downs, learn to love your plateaus (where you body takes a minute to get used to a new normal and stops fighting change), and most of all, stick with it. I’m now 66, feeling stronger and better than 10 years ago, so if I can do it, you can too!
  • jugar
    Our February Moderators' Challenge is UP! The first day's question (for tomorrow) has been posted, so go ahead and put in some answers. There will be a new question every day - so I hope lots of people will join in and make the discussions packed with info and insights.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10783307/leaping-groundhogs-the-02-2020-questions-challenge#latest
  • mrsjar5311
    mrsjar5311 Posts: 514 Member
    Jumping to say hello!
  • jugar
    edited February 2020
    I am sad to say that many January final weigh-ins are missing this morning! If you really, really hurry they might still count...
    @ddmiddleton2
    @jfp420
    @mrslrucker
    @ann_1403
    @mbutler2013
    @evangsimmons170
  • jugar
    And here we are with the week 1 February weigh-in reminder!

Sunday weigh-ins are due today:
    @Terytha
    @YinxFed
    @ejdp254
    @ddmiddleton2
    @Andreabroadley
    @deniners2

Thanks!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    @micki48 Sorry, not sick, just busy.

Mon -13,641
    Tues-13,679
    Wed-14,699
    Thurs-12,708
    Fri-16,223
    Sat-16,112
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,249 Member

Mon -13,641
    Tues-13,679
    Wed-14,699
    Thurs-12,708
    Fri-16,223
    Sat-16,112

You’re fine. Not even late. We just switched over here. Wow! What a great stepping week!!! 🙂🤗👏🏼🎉👟💫
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Out of town and posting from my phone:( not sure where I left off

Steps.
    Wed 9115
    Thurs 12811
    Fri 12615
    Sat 12652
  • jugar
    Happy Sunday, everyone!

I'm happy to report that 80% of Team Waistaways hit GREEN for the month of January, and as a group we lost almost 80 pounds. Even though it was not 100%, the gains were small, and I am sure we can get closer to 100% in February. Let's all aim for that magic colour every week this month. Even if you only lose 0.1 pounds in a week, that is still green!

Because we were the biggest team all through January, and we only lost a few (YES! You kept your January energy going!), we have no new members this month. That means we all know at least something about each other.

I'd still love it if you re-post, update, or post for the first time a good introduction. Where do you live, a bit about yourself (whatever you are comfortable sharing), and what are your goals for this month. I'll keep collecting the intros in a Google Doc - everyone can use it to find out more about your teammates!
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y_cLaQDEEoxZiulsWKKIPyfSGR5985PeQvWa6_wjKLA/edit?usp=sharing

Here are my requests of all team members for February:
    I'm going to get off my sorry butt and move! Have a good one!
  • jugar
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Yeah, OK. Let's make it official then. I am gonna be here at the end of every day this month being accountable for my water. Every day. All month. Look for it! XD

@jugar I don't have a tiara just yet, but wait for it! For now I celebrated by buying some new gym shirts. Have been wearing men's 3XL that I just swim in now.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,249 Member
    Terytha wrote: »
    I took a picture to commemorate today's weigh-in:

udrao8ia7bjy.jpg

I finally made it! Finally!

👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑
    🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
    👏🏼👏🏼🤗🤗💪🏼💪🏼✨✨💫💫👟👟

Hurray for you @Terytha!! Congratulations!! You have worked so hard and must be so proud of all you’ve accomplished. 73 pounds is a LOT of weight to lose. Your body must be so happy.

So, we’ll be looking for your daily update and drink that 💦 all day!!
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 707 Member

Mon -13,641
    Tues-13,679
    Wed-14,699
    Thurs-12,708
    Fri-16,223
    Sat-16,112

Nice numbers!
This discussion has been closed.