WAISTAWAYS - February 2020 Chat

Replies

• Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Kickboxing this morning
    Food yesterday was okay until 2pm when I decided to have nuts, m and m’s etc. just couldn’t figure out how to say no. So, skipped supper.

Today, meals are ok. Had a little Choc covered peanut snack and 1/2 protein bar. Not hungry.... hoping to have a lite lite supper. Maybe just some protein shake.

Anyone else just not interested in an evening meal. I’m just not hungry for one.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    micki48 wrote: »
    Today was pretty good. I got up and did a 14 Pilates workout. Logged everything and ended up under. Dinner was great- Fiesta chicken chowder. Had my daughter’s family for dinner. Then, bounced on my big ball for 42 minutes while yelling at he TV during the SOTU. Very cathartic. Going to try to get up early and do a workout first thing tomorrow so I better head off to bed now. Night all.

I have a video in my head of you on your big ball bouncing and yelling. It is a good way to use the big ball for sure!!
  • jugar
    PW: 137.0
    CW: 136.0

I'm here and I've got a whole pound loss to report! LOL! Considering there was ANOTHER birthday party for my hubbie on Saturday (a "joint" one this time for him and a good friend), and the Superbowl Party, and a ridiculously busy week so far at work.

I'm thinking of retiring, and yet, they keep putting me on committees! I'm on Academic Standards, rewriting the probation levels, I'm writing a new course with others (an integrated reading and writing course to get students into the college writing course with the tools they'll need to be successful more efficiently and effectively -- how's that for a line?) and now, I'm on a "we're rewriting the shared governance" part of the Senate by-laws -- can you contribute? We'll be done by April st, btw....(sure we will!) It's all about meetings, meetings and more meetings. Funny, I keep thinking that when I retire, NO ONE will want to meet with me anymore-- how will THAT feel?! LOL! Hope all is well -- I'm not taking time to read any of the posts, but I'll try to catch up this week. I'm HAPPY about the loss -- but really, it's got to go Dowwwwwnnnnnnn!

Your post about all the committees and retiring is SO REAL for me! I was department chair the last 3 years I worked, and I was on umpteen faculty and university level committees, and if anyone said the words "strategic planning" in my presence I about lost it. When you retire, YOU get to choose who and why you meet! And even have a glass of wine or something! Or go for a hike. And yes, people will want to meet with you but you'll have to be very strict with them. No shop talk!

AND, well done on that pound gone -- YES.
  • jugar
    Shexio wrote: »
    Kickboxing this morning
    Food yesterday was okay until 2pm when I decided to have nuts, m and m’s etc. just couldn’t figure out how to say no. So, skipped supper.

Today, meals are ok. Had a little Choc covered peanut snack and 1/2 protein bar. Not hungry.... hoping to have a lite lite supper. Maybe just some protein shake.

Anyone else just not interested in an evening meal. I’m just not hungry for one.

You're not hungry because you made the choice to eat non-food, it looks like to me. You need more vegetables in your life - even if you only have vegetables for dinner, they are not too filling, and give you lots of good nutrition and fibre. Protein is not the only thing, don't forget! It is hard when you don't say no - but if you're not hungry, you need to switch up to less calorie-dense food so you can stuff yourself and not be full for hours. You can do it!
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    @jugar so true . I need more veggies. Advise recieved.
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    I think I might have mentioned some high fibre candy called smart sweets.. it has really low net carbs.

You might remember I’m doing a blood sugar experiment right now..I ate a bag and my blood sugar soared to 8.6 or 155 in 1 hour. So I went on line and Reddit members are complaining that it has an ingredient that converts to sugar in your body.

BEWARE!!
  • jugar
    HEADS UP! Weigh-ins due -

Still due today:
    @evelynladams527
    @cedarfoxy

Due tomorrow:
    @cory17

I hope everyone is having a terrific day. I have been really busy and will catch up tomorrow morning!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 543 Member
    @micki48 Steps: 6,201
    @jugar 186.8

I have a video in my head of you on your big ball bouncing and yelling. It is a good way to use the big ball for sure!![/quote]

Here’s a fun video for y’all bouncing on balls.
    https://youtu.be/6amRqbEj4rs
    It’s been around for a while but I like it.
    I’m enjoying reading your posts (everyone) and imagine each of you in your respective homes and environments living, exercising, eating, planning..,sleeping. Pretty amazing group.
    I’m really loving my new job. It’s not only that it’s a mile from home and I can see my favorite mountain from side streets as well as the parking lot at work; I have the chance to exercise in my favorite warm therapy pool while I’m on the clock!
    Fabulous, I tell you!
    More soon. I’m about to clean up and head for bed. 6:00 comes early.
    And we’re due for a bunch of snow and mixed precipitation beginning in the wee hours. Oh, goody!
    Maybe it’ll be around long enough to snowshoe this weekend! I sure hope so. I’ll get a photo of “my” mountain to post tomorrow.
    Sleep tight!

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    @evelynladams527 😂🤣😂🤣😂 ⚽️ 🏀
  • jugar
    You all make me laugh - crabs, and big balls, and NO PIZZA! A macaroon was deserved.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Feb 5 water check in: none.

Today was a bad day.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 975 Member
    @bunnybuns1111 good for you! Yikes, your work has a lot of temptation. If they have a suggestion box, maybe some non food surprises would be a nice change of pace ☺️ You are doing great and so tough! Keep being awesome and no sweat over a macaroon.

@micki48 I have used the balanced life videos in the past and they are great. I have a folding pilates reformer that I love the most. I haven't gotten bored with it yet so haven't bothered to search out any videos. My favorite is doing balanced life videos outside in the grass when it's warm out. I have a long wait ahead of me before I can do that again!
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 276 Member
    STEPS
    mmnein03pfor.jpeg
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    I tried the Balanced Life pilates videos due to a challenge awhile ago in our group. They are great and anyways rewarding!

@Micki48 here are my steps so far this week
    2/2: 9864
    2/3: 11107
    2/4: 7197
    2/5: 16369
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    I am having a rough week. I didn't meal prep on Sunday due to hosting a Super Bowl party. I have been eating a lot of carbs, which have left me feeling tired. Due to my lack of energy, I haven't been working out or cleaning my house. This has left me feeling stressed and wanting to eat....more carbs!!!

Why do I keep going? I need the energy to keep up with my 4 children and classroom of Kindergarteners. Honestly, my weight has been the same, give or take 5 pounds, for the last 4 years. When I workout and eat healthy, I just feel better.

Steps
    Mon- 12,880
    Tues- 13,236
    Wed - 11,906
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Yesterday was frustrating, my hot water heater still isn't fixed... :( But I got home and decided I was going to leave the hubby to deal with it, and I would just accept what he decides, so I went and I did my video, put the 1st one in, and it kinda annoyed me, so I went with the one I normally do, but I after the 3rd interval, I was just so not feeling it, so I took it down a notch, still did all the moves, just without the normal vigor... Normally I get home eat dinner, do house stuff for an hour, then exercise, but last night with the hubby dealing with the plumber I didn't want to start dinner till he left, so I reversed it, and I think 45 minutes of aerobics needs more energy than I had in me before dinner... But I thoroughly enjoyed my dinner, lol. It was a quick one, we split a Digiorno Thin Crust Pepperoni and peppers pizza, and I cut up a potato and made fries in the air fryer...

Ugh, that reminds me I forgot to take the sausage out for tonights dinner...

I did yoga this morning, and my abs are sore, so the pilates did it's job yesterday, I think I am going to alternate Pilates and yoga for my morning workouts..

I am starting to work on my Ireland trip a little more, and think about what I should pack, I don't want to take my large suitcase, I want to only take my medium one, we are doing 1 night in Dublin, 4 nights in Killarney, and 3 nights in Adare.. I can do laundry while I am there, and I don't have any problem wearing the same jeans a few days, my problem is SHOES, I am a shoe *kitten*.. I will change my shoes 3 times in a day. the concept of 2 pairs of shoes for 10 days worries me... and I know they need to be broken in, so I need to get them asap.. So I am thinking a pair of waterproof hiking but lightweight shoes, and a pair of comfy walkable all day ankle boots, that can be worn with jeans, and a pair of leggings... Is that what you would take ? We will be going on hikes and such, but also out for nice dinners...
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 975 Member
    @KellyBgetsfit I totally know how you feel. Kindergarten is a ton of work! It can really be draining to spend all day at work working with kids and come home to your kids and do it some more. Keep at it. You're bound to have a break through. I tried many times and would get to the same feeling you have and give up. I finally made it over the hump this past year. I think the best advice I got was to be kind and patient with yourself. You're human and it isn't going to be perfect, but keep at it. Hang in there. That 3 day weekend is coming soon.
This discussion has been closed.