WAISTAWAYS - February 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @jugar Here's my weekly weigh in. Not much but in the right direction.
    PW: 168
    CW: 167.8

• Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Fri weigh-in
    PW: 179.5
    CW: 180.5
    URGH
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Steps = 6464
    Pw 181.2
    Cw 181.4

I don't get it, it doesn't make any sense... but I will not quit... so... yeah...
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Steps = 6464
    Pw 181.2
    Cw 181.4

I don't get it, it doesn't make any sense... but I will not quit... so... yeah...

@Gidgitgoescrazy @Pearl4686 You know some weeks are like that. Just a blip. It could be anything or even the weather. Have you been drinking your water💦 ? Logging everything? Have you been weighing your food? Sometimes our portions grow when we are not putting them on the scale. Have you measured yourself lately? When the weight doesn’t move the way we want, our body is rearranging. You may be losing inches.

In any case, you are so right! Keep at it. Be patient. Don’t let this get in your way. You’ve got this. ❤️💫✨
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    @jugar 106.0. Holding steady.
    Going to work next week — I’m sure that will help me mentally at the very least.

Happy Friday!!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,040 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!
    We're having a great ice and snow storm today - ice all last night, snow all day today. It's coming down to beat the band. I wish I were staying here to get out there on the snowshoes for the next few days! But it will be great to see my daughter. We talk often, but that just isn't the same thing as hanging out.

So far this week as a team we are holding steady. Not much gain or loss - it seems to be balancing out. We are maintaining, which, in my mind, is kind of what winter is about. That said, some of you are doing a great job on the steady losses - balancing out the rest - thanks! :wink:

@evelynladams527 and anyone else -
    If you're looking for the February daily questions - here is the page with today's, and you can go from there:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10783307/leaping-groundhogs-the-02-2020-questions-challenge/p7

Or any time, just go to the F2F landing page (click on the link under all the messages, or at the top of the page where the logo is). It is under "Announcements" and is called the Leaping Groundhog Challenge. Silly, but I was in one of those moods...
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    I have a feeling I will be a maintainer this week.. :wink: But ok by me.

It is snowing a relative ton in Toronto right now. Going to put the parka on and go out for a hair cut. I think Yonge Street should be cleared so should be able to walk a few blocks. Then I am going to do some "running on the spot" with Pahla B on Youtube. She is pretty hilarious and quite cute.
  • bunnybuns1111
    bunnybuns1111 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    PW 159.7
    CW 159.4

Not as much of a loss as I was hoping for but I will take it especially because shark week just started. I felt that I was really good with my diet this week. Good with water. Good with sleep. Good with the gym. Went 5 days this week. No lifting this week because I’m resting my tennis elbow. Did elliptical all gym days. Did fasted cardio this morning and plan to go to taekwondo this evening.
  • micki48
    Options
    Everyone, this is your reminder that scales do not discriminate! They are weighing fat, but also skin, bones, muscle, glycogen, water, poop and all the other bits that make up you. Just because those numbers go up does not mean you aren't still doing a FABULOUS job of reducing body fat, increasing muscle and becoming the healthiest best version of you.

Thanks @Terytha! I love this. Important reminder to us all. 👍🏻💫
  • micki48
    Options
    Keeping what Amber said in mind about scales and weight, I will not be discouraged by the higher unofficial numbers so far this week.

Since it’s February, I remeasured myself. Since the end of December, I have lost an inch in my waist, two in my bust, and some in my legs. When I started a year ago, my legs (not my biggest part for sure) were 26 inches. They are now 22 inches. I have lost over 5 inches in my waist in the last year. I can certainly feel it in the way clothes fit.

Also sizes are a joke. Don’t ever take them seriously. They are contrived numbers that don’t represent who you are. I can wear clothes from an 18 to a 12. My size isn’t different, just the numbers they decide to put inside of clothing.

You are amazing! Don’t forget to love yourself. 🥰🤗💫
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Since doing massive workouts 2 weeks ago & donating blood, I feel zapped of energy. I should have supplemented iron that week after donating. My legs feel like logs on the bike. I did a 6.3 mile run this past Sunday just to do something different. I had a cheater weekend, and the 1.5 pounds are slowly making their way down. But still, I press on! Go team! Every little bit counts. Don't eat your exercise calories... =)
  • micki48
    Options
    I have a feeling I will be a maintainer this week.. :wink: But ok by me.

It is snowing a relative ton in Toronto right now. Going to put the parka on and go out for a hair cut. I think Yonge Street should be cleared so should be able to walk a few blocks. Then I am going to do some "running on the spot" with Pahla B on Youtube. She is pretty hilarious and quite cute.

@Andreabroadley Thanks for name dropping Pahla B I checked her out. Can’t wait to have tome to do a workout. She never stops talking. 🤣
    AmyRobF wrote: »
    PW 210
    CW 209

I worked out three times this week. That’s a good start. I plan on exercising at least five times this coming week. Water intake has been good for sure....constantly going to the bathroom!

@AmyRobF Congratulations on your loss. It’s great to see your effort paying off. Keep at it. 🥰
  • micki48
    Options
    @jugar I know you are traveling. So, I entered weights for:

amyRobf
    Conleywoods
    Bunnybuns1111

All losses. Hurray!!!

And marked them insightful. Hope that’s helpful rather than messes you up.

Happy travels.
    Michele
  • micki48
    Options
    Still need Friday weights for some folks. You know who you are. 😉

Also please get those weekly steps in everyone. 👟👟💫💫
  • jugar
    Options
    Whoooo!

I have finally arrived in my airport hotel in Montreal after a crazy day with tons of snow, big highway accidents and blockages, hotel restaurant that was not serving because people did not make it to work (I really, really needed food at that moment!), and finally a lovely meal at the hotel across the way. I feel better now :smiley: But I did have a large glass of wine with dinner...

Thanks for catching things up @micki48 - that is a huge help. I hope I'll get off the ground in the morning tomorrow, and then everything should be fine. I'll let you know if I get stranded! The trip from Magog to Montreal is usually 90 minutes, and today it was 2.5 hours, then getting out to the airport area was another hour, etc. etc. It is a pretty normal storm, but it is Friday and traffic was nuts. And accidents - there was a huge tour bus, a tow truck, and a few SUVs in the median on the way in to Montreal! Needless to say, police and ambulance in abundance.

So here are the weigh-ins still needed up to the end of business today:
    @cedarfoxy
    @mrsjar5311
    @mrs_chivonne
    @mbutler2013
    @robertefortier536

And due Saturday:
    @evangsimmons170
    @matthewsfive
    @Micki48
    @lovethyneighbor

Thanks for another lovely week. I enjoy everyone's posts, thoughts, challenges, triumphs, and questions. Keep it up!
  • jugar
    Options
    deniners2 wrote: »
    Since doing massive workouts 2 weeks ago & donating blood, I feel zapped of energy. I should have supplemented iron that week after donating. My legs feel like logs on the bike. I did a 6.3 mile run this past Sunday just to do something different. I had a cheater weekend, and the 1.5 pounds are slowly making their way down. But still, I press on! Go team! Every little bit counts. Don't eat your exercise calories... =)

Absolutely EVERY little bit counts. You've got this!
This discussion has been closed.