micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    edited February 2020
    vmhgtre7cu7e.jpeg

And the step winners are...

Total Team Steps - 384,178

🥇First place-@KellyBgetsfit 85,275
    🥈Second - @Steph1498 75,624
    🥉Third - @micki48 72,789

These are impressive step numbers! Congratulations!!
    🎉🎉🎉👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👟👟👟👑👑👑

Thanks to everyone who got their numbers in on time. 👟💫🕰🕒

Many people were missing numbers for some days or didn’t post at all. If you no longer wish to be on the step challenge, let me know and I’ll take you off. If I missed your numbers somehow, repost them and tag me.

Also, when you post your steps, please let me know what day they are for. It helps me record properly.

Does it help you to get a reminder or just annoy you? I can give you a reminder or just leave it to you. Let me know.

Here is the link (I Hope) to the spreadsheet to check out your steps.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Kt-b-j_ipyqJKM48RTABSMhhKkXvlRIllm4awUofJfI/edit?ts=5e2f0f31#gid=753974727
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 277 Member
    It’s already difficult to keep up with the thread, but this week will be especially hectic. Hubby is OT for work so I am double timing all of the appointments and after work extracurricular activities and classes. I am here but may not be posting.
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday

PW: 121.9
    CW: 121.5
  • micki48
    @reflectionofme Nice loss! Hope you’re feeling good and recovered.

@lovethyneighbor Glad to see you got out for a nice hike before this busy week. Sending virtual hugs to you as you take it all on. Keep drinking your water, squeeze in any kind of movement you can. But, give yourself grace and know that your best is good enough. 💜

@cory17 So sorry to hear you’re struggling to find the right drug to work for you. Hoping you find the right solution soon.

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    micki48 wrote: »
    vmhgtre7cu7e.jpeg

And the step winners are...

Total Team Steps - 384,178

🥇First place-@KellyBgetsfit 85,275
    🥈Second - @Steph1498 75,624
    🥉Third - @micki48 72,789

These are impressive step numbers! Congratulations!!
    🎉🎉🎉👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👟👟👟👑👑👑

Thanks to everyone who got their numbers in on time. 👟💫🕰🕒

Many people were missing numbers for some days or didn’t post at all. If you no longer wish to be on the step challenge, let me know and I’ll take you off. If I missed your numbers somehow, repost them and tag me.

Also, when you post your steps, please let me know what day they are for. It helps me record properly.

Does it help you to get a reminder or just annoy you? I can give you a reminder or just leave it to you. Let me know.

Here is the link (I Hope) to the spreadsheet to check out your steps.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Kt-b-j_ipyqJKM48RTABSMhhKkXvlRIllm4awUofJfI/edit?ts=5e2f0f31#gid=753974727

@micki48 you are 3rd!!! I am impressed with all of you, and the growing number of steps. Even on days when you only do a couple thousand, though, it works!
  • jugar
    I am really excited - first of all, I spent the afternoon with the horses here at my daughter's place where I had not seen our horse Jack Jack since last May, and their new rescue horse Heimdall is adorable, if a bit inexperienced! We brought them in for a good grooming, but they were starting to feel a bit "spring-ish" so we worked them a bit (on the longe) in the ring to reduce the attitude a bit! They really enjoyed it, and then got rubbed down before going back out to their field. It was lovely.

Second of all, we're heading up to Jasper tomorrow, spending the night there. It will be so beautiful to see the Rockies in the winter - not being a skiier, it is not a place I would normally see in winter, but loving winter as I do, I am sure that hitting the mountains for a couple of days will be a treat.

@lovethyneighbor - good luck this week! I hope things calm down soon.
    @reflectionofme - I love your new photo :smiley:
  • micki48
    @KellyBgetsfit Nice loss. Sorry to hear you have another cold. Keep drinking your water. Hope you are feeling better soon and your kiddos help momma out.

@conleywoods Great going with the barre workouts. Hope it’s going well. I also need to bring my calories down and not eat exercise calories back.

@Gidgitgoescrazy Don’t you hate it when you’re underdressed for the weather? I sure do. I hear you with the not so great day. I did log everything but it is way over today. And I have t exercised. The weather is gloomy and I’m feeling a bit like that way too. Let’s make tomorrow better. Well, tomorrow for me. Hope your today was better. 🤗

@evelynladams527 Great goals for the week. You are doing great. Congratulations on your ranking for the week.

@bunnybuns1111 Congratulations on your record steps. What an accomplishment. It feels so great when we make something like that happen. Proud of you.

@AmyRobF Glad to hear your on track. I’m a bit off track today. I need to get my mind back in the right place. Plus, I’ve somehow lost my little notebook with all my stats (weights and measurements) in it. 😭 I’ve been hunting for it all day. Keep up the good work and give Rob a high five 🖐🏼 for being our top loser last week. 🎉❤️👍🏻

@Shexio Hope you are feeling better today. If you are hurting a lot, perhaps you are trying to do too much too soon. Listen to your body. It’s trying to tell you to slow down. It’s ok to do that. I remember once when I was in PT, they had me on a treadmill and asked me, does it hurt? I said, yes. She told me to slow down. Good advice. 🥰

@Andreabroadley Yay for you maintaining. That’s an accomplishment as well. Hope your week is great.
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    💯 good day

Workout 10/10 - yoga
    Nutrition 9/10
    Mood: 9/10

• Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Yesterday 13,400 steps
    Today w/workout 8800

A lot slower did help me. It mentally stinks!
  • bunnybuns1111
    bunnybuns1111 Posts: 42 Member
    Monday check in.
    Went to taekwondo. Food and calories were under my allowed amount for today. Didn’t drink enough fluids today.
  • mrsjar5311
    mrsjar5311 Posts: 514 Member
    checking in for today!

Been discharged from the surgoen to my Dr so I fly back to my city tomorrow! Whoop, whoop! Haven't seen the kids and husband in 7 days!

Steps -

4/2 - 342
    5/2 - 31 (was doped up on pain meds!)
    6/2 - 266
    7/2 - 270
    8/2 - 4,502 and boy did I feel like it! Became very swollen and had a very bad night!
    9/2 - 1,149
    10/2 - 662
    11/2 - 1032
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Its almost noon in my time. I'm thinking about why lately each day takes such initiative to stay positive and on track with my fitness goals. Can you all share your methods to stay encouraged? Thanks in advance!
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    edited February 2020
    Ya know whats funny... I always look forward to the weekend, but now that I am trying to get in better shape and lose some weight, I kinda dread the weekends, there is no structure, no planning and I know I am going to get sidetracked.. where as during the week everything runs like a well oiled machine and it's super easy to stay on track...

Got home from work yesterday and the hubby bought me some flowers and the giant pack of skittles... He means well... lol

Anyway, did good yesterday, ate within my calories, and did pilates then 45 min on the treadmill. For dinner we had burgers, I eat my burgers like a salad, I use lettuce, tomato, onion, and lots of pickles,, chop it all up and use pepper jack cheese to give it spice. We use super lean meat, like 96%, so in order to make the burger juicy and yummy I use McCormick Hamburger seasoning and I put mustard in it. My boss taught me that trick, it works really well...

My son gave me his Aria scale, it's the scale that hooks to your fitbit, so I got it working over the weekend. It tells you your weight and body fat, but if you have your fitbit synced to MFP, it updates your weight every time you step on it. So I disconnected my fitbit from mfp... I am going to see if not seeing those exercise calories might work better for me.

Have a great day !
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Steps 2-10 = 8,058
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,052 Member
    @micki48 Can I please just give you my steps for the week when I give in my weigh-in? I get very confused with which day is which! :)
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    @jugar Sorry to be a pain but can I switch to weighing in on Saturday again? Sundays are gonna be busy for the foreseeable future.

Also sorry I've been more quiet, it's been hectic and stressful again and I pretty much just work, eat and sleep. My fatigue has been bad.

Just gotta get through this week and I get a 5 day break.
  • jugar
    Steph1498 wrote: »
    Its almost noon in my time. I'm thinking about why lately each day takes such initiative to stay positive and on track with my fitness goals. Can you all share your methods to stay encouraged? Thanks in advance!

You are right that it takes energy to stay committed and going forward. Sometimes it feels like you think about nothing else, and that gets really annoying. I have tried a few things and they usually work -
    • One totally free day a week. For six days, you have to be as perfect as possible - get the minimum 20 minutes (or whatever) of good hard exercise, eat on plan, and every time you have a craving or just feel like sitting doing nothing, you tell yourself you will be able to do that on Saturday (or whatever your free day is). That really helped me stay on track when I was at the serious losing phase.
    • Make tracking as effortless as possible. Put in your recipes or meals so that all you have to do is click once to get it done. Get a few "mantras" that help - "Ahh. Now I am done eating until x:00" What a relief." or "10 minutes. I can do 10 minutes." etc.
    • But above all - as @micki48 reminds us - grace over guilt. We are not perfect, there will be days that just slump. We just have to be consistent most of the time, not ALL the time. You are here, you will keep going forward even if there are some steps back!
This discussion has been closed.