WAISTAWAYS - February 2020 Chat

Replies

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    deniners2 wrote: »
    PW: 151
    CW: 150.5

Whew! Made it. I didn't want to be in the red. I won't eat as many calories this weekend as last week.

Ran 6.3 miles this morning. Still colder than I like. Had chicken noodle soup for breakfast/lunch with extra 3oz of chicken, flaxseed, hot sauce, & about 8 cups of extra water. (In a big bowl! 😊). Looking forward to Sunday nachos! (In the same bowl.)

Looking forward to getting under 150 this week. No eating workout calories! Contain the calories!

@deniners2 Glad to see you here checking in. Nice loss. We are here to cheer you on as you get down to the next “decade” of weight. Next week is a big week for our team. Go Waistaways. 🎉👍🏻👏🏼🤗
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 757 Member
    Hmmm. I was curious...an extra 5 cups of water added to the can of soup.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited February 2020
    g21yruncr155.jpg
    qg8csucpnflb.jpg
    8rrbdevki1ia.jpg
    033n1sc552vv.jpg

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Downsizers 0.47%
    2nd Weight No More 0.28%
    3rd Trimstones 0.23%
    3rd Shrinking Assets 0.23%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Downsizers 26.2 lbs
    2nd Weight No More 15.5 lbs
    3rd Trimstones 11.9 lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st raleighgirl09 3.89%
    2nd Achagpar 2.76%
    3rd Vegan4lyfe2012. 2.53%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st raleighgirl09 7.5 lbs
    2nd Vegan4lyfe2012. 5.0 lbs
    3rd hannahhooter. 4.2 lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Amsandos
    @kirsten11872
    @boehle
    @michaelyoulten
    @Kilobykilo
    @prowell57
    @hannahhooter
    @BajaBec
    @robertefortier536

3ijibnx05ssw.jpg
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Here are my step updates: it’s been a slow weekend for me here
    2/8: 6637
    2/9: 4607
  • bunnybuns1111
    bunnybuns1111 Posts: 42 Member
    Didn’t get a chance to check in yesterday. Was very busy. Went to gym in morning and did 57 minutes on the elliptical, then went to an open house, then went to an outside mall and walked around with my husband. I had over 15,000 steps yesterday! That may be the most I have ever had lol! Today it was snowing a lot here so I practiced taekwondo for 30 minutes at home. But didn’t eat much today, just wasn’t hungry.
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    The weekend has been pretty good. I did eat a lot yesterday but today o have stayed within my range! I am going to focus and lose this week. I plan on keeping myself busy and out of the cabinets and food!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 975 Member
    Happy Sunday friends!

Congrats to all the top losers for the week! Today has been a great day. Last night we went to a steak house and totally over did it. Today has been a nice reset. Meal prepped everyone's food for the week. Made some yummy food for today. I started an at home barre workout program. I love barre but just can't make it to the studio. Doing it at home is so awesome. Now I'm just relaxing and chilling out before dinner.
    @deniners2 I totally agree about not eating all the exercise calories back! I'm trying to do that too.
    Have a great week!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Steps
    Thurs-12,297
    Fri- 15,508
    Sat- 8243

Ugh, I have my second cold in a month!!!! I did manage to meal prep for the week, though.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    Steps
    Thurs-12,297
    Fri- 15,508
    Sat- 8243

Ugh, I have my second cold in a month!!!! I did manage to meal prep for the week, though.

Oh no! I hope it passes fast and that you get enough rest and good food. Hugs coming your way!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 543 Member
    Steps today: 4,487 (with total of 14 floors - laundry this afternoon!)
    It was lovely to see my 3rd place ranking. I'm aiming for more steady decreases in the next few weeks and months. Pretty soon, I'll be walking to and from work so my steps will increase. In the meantime, my plan this week is to
    1. sleep 8 hours per night
    2. start working out at the gym at work
    3. eat fewer refined foods

Have a good night. It's time for sleeping here in Vermont. Big hugs to you, @jugar. be sure to give Phoebe a big hug for me and Sarah.
    Mwah!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Glad to read everyone’s updates. We are a busy bunch. I got some grocery shopping done and took a nice walk on this beautiful day. There’s a lot of rain in our forecast, so I decided to skip the gym and get my cardio outside to soak up a little vitamin D. Didn’t wear my Fitbit for half the day, got up late and it was charging, and I still have almost 11,000 steps today. 😃 Now to go log my food. All my devices need charging it seems. Hope I make it before it dies.

Sleep well friends. See you tomorrow.
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member

Maybe biggest issue is I like desserts.
    Working on veggies again, and Jugar, thankyou for highlighting that I’m needing them.

.With being Up 2# i don’t wanna report any further gain.
    . That’s not happening. I felt rather depressed today while walking. got in 13300 steps but, it hurt.

I realize that I can’t get my burn through exercise.

My walking is slower than that of a lady who passed me while walking ... I used to be able to go 4mph or so. Even in my surgical boot, when the right foot is happy, my left foot Hurts. So I can only go maybe 3.0’or so.

. The recovery road is so much more challenging than I realized I guess. And I’m used to using exercise to get rid of my “extra fries”. No longer .

No PT from the dr so I’m on my own.
    This week, I will work on tippie
    Toes and toe movement. Goal to be able to do calf raises. Then, to work on planks
    Or lunges as my toes don’t allow it .
    Ankle circles also happening, they ache the most.
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Hi. Sorry its a day late,
    CW 223
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Steps 2/9 = 4694

I did do 20 min of yoga, and went for a quick walk at the park, but they said it wasn't going to be windy, but it was windy, and I didn't dress appropriately, so that was cut short... as for my calories, I didn't do great, heck who am I kidding I didn't even log...

Back on it today though...
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    PW 154.2
    CW 152.8

My weight was up last week because of Super Bowl, but I am still pleased with CW. Since I'm not feeling great this week, I need to focus on not eating all the carbs. I tend to comfort eat when I have a cold.

Sunday steps- 6,458 very low for me. My entire weekend was low.
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    @lovethyneighbor The pics looks great and it sounds like a great hike. Thanks for sharing!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    It's a beautiful sunny, cold morning here in Alberta! It has been wonderful spending hours gabbing with my daughter and her partner - lots to catch up on, world issues to solve, and silliness to riotously get through.

You are all doing well - I love the news of the hikes, not eating through a cold @KellyBgetsfit (you've got this!), walks in the wind with @Gidgitgoescrazy , the dessert wars with @Shexio, great progress and commitments for the week from @evelynladams527 , and a wonderful appearance from @evangsimmons170 !

I'm heading out shortly to the army base with my daughter who needs to update something even though she is on vacation this week, and then on with the rest of our day. I'm back to tracking today after a very indulgent weekend, and I will earn today's shower or else.

A few reminders:

Due today -
    @ElleBellesTheoBear
    @reflectionofme
    @Juliemargaretkim

Due tomorrow -
    @ddmiddleton2

Have a great rest of Monday!
This discussion has been closed.