WAISTAWAYS - February 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    PW 153.6
    CW 154.2

It was in the green on Friday. I didn't think I did that bad yesterday, but I guess I did.

I want to stick with step challenge!
    Sun- 11,205

January was pretty much a wash for me. My clothes are fitting better. My Feb goals are to average 12,000 steps a day, workout 5 days a week, and figure just how many calories I should actually be eating while nursing (I'm in a Facebook group that has this info). It's hard for me to increase my calories but keep them clean.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone!

I'm not 100% after being sick but darn close. Did all my meal prep for the family breakfast and lunches last night. Felt good to get that done. Going to wait until this evening to work out. More later!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    mrsjar5311 wrote: »
    Checking in for today. I'm committing to posting more this month!

Heading for muscle repair surgery in about 12 hours. Have to say I am a bit apprehensive, of the pain, of undoing all my hard work by lounging about too much, of being so far away from home and leaving my kiddies for 1 week. I'm also worried that I'll gain back some of the weight I've fought hard to lose over the last 18 months.

Exercise today - done.
    Calories - way under. Can't eat if I'm stressed.

Best wishes for your surgery - and try not to sweat the time you'll need for rest and repair. You will need to lounge about for a while! It is hard being away from the kiddies for a week, but you'll heal best when you are the only person you need to take care of for a bit. Hugs flying your way!
  • jugar
    Options
    Steps
    2/1 10,999
    2/2 2,007 - I was not feeling well at all, so I didn't meet any of my goals, but I feel like a million dollars today..

Hi I'm Vikki, I'm 48, married with 3 kids ( 26,25& 18) the youngest one is in the airforce, the oldest is moving out in Dec once he graduates, he is working on his masters. My daughter she struggles, but will get it together soon (fingers crossed)... I feel like I've dieted my entire life, and so I've been a MFP member since 2010- I always stopped after about a month , this group has kept me going, I really like it here. I haven't been very successful yet, I've lost 11lbs since Oct 2019.. But at the same time I've also quit smoking.. I'm doing pretty good with exercise, I do yoga most mornings, and walk on the treadmill most evenings. I've recently added in strength and aerobic videos 2 times a week.

I need to get to 175 by the end of Feb, if I do My hubby said we could get the gym membership at the Y, I like it there, but it is more expensive.. BUT they have classes I really like, and a pool, and it's really close to my work, so I could go before or after very easily.
    We are going to Ireland in May, I've always wanted to go there, and I plan on doing alot of walking and I don't want to have any days where I say "I'm too tired" , So for me right now fitness is more important to me, than weight loss, although it would be fun to buy an entirely new wardrobe before I go. Even if it is just rain gear... haa haa
    Even if your wardrobe is not quite up to the minute, you need the Irish Rain Vocabulary. Very important. :lol:
    https://www.dailyedge.ie/irish-rain-scale-1275040-Jan2014/
  • jugar
    Options
    Thanks for the water reminder, @Terytha

I have been having a dry morning... Getting that glass filled pronto!
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Been gone over the weekend. Really tried hard but those road trips kill me! 9 hours in the car just driving. I thought I did pretty good. Went up 2 lbs but thank goodness today is not my weigh in day!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Steps
    2/1 10,999
    2/2 2,007 - I was not feeling well at all, so I didn't meet any of my goals, but I feel like a million dollars today..

Hi I'm Vikki, I'm 48, married with 3 kids ( 26,25& 18) the youngest one is in the airforce, the oldest is moving out in Dec once he graduates, he is working on his masters. My daughter she struggles, but will get it together soon (fingers crossed)... I feel like I've dieted my entire life, and so I've been a MFP member since 2010- I always stopped after about a month , this group has kept me going, I really like it here. I haven't been very successful yet, I've lost 11lbs since Oct 2019.. But at the same time I've also quit smoking.. I'm doing pretty good with exercise, I do yoga most mornings, and walk on the treadmill most evenings. I've recently added in strength and aerobic videos 2 times a week.

I need to get to 175 by the end of Feb, if I do My hubby said we could get the gym membership at the Y, I like it there, but it is more expensive.. BUT they have classes I really like, and a pool, and it's really close to my work, so I could go before or after very easily.

We are going to Ireland in May, I've always wanted to go there, and I plan on doing alot of walking and I don't want to have any days where I say "I'm too tired" , So for me right now fitness is more important to me, than weight loss, although it would be fun to buy an entirely new wardrobe before I go. Even if it is just rain gear... haa haa

Hi Vikki,

I loved reading your mini-bio! It's great to tie your goals to a tangible reward - I need to start taking my own advice! And I've also been with MFP for a while (2014).

I really love this group too! I think that @jugar and @micki48 do such a great job at keeping us motivated and spurred to not just slump into a negative spiral of "stop- start - stop". I really want to do my part to make Team Waistaways as successful as can be.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Good evening, friends!

So I have managed to wave my migraine goodbye and returned to working out this morning:- a 30 minute cardio circuit from the SELF 2020 Challenge. This was Day 22.

Vikki @Gidgitgoescrazy mentioned that her reward for getting to a target weight was a membership to her local Y. And it put me in mind of setting some targets myself. Especially as I have a major birthday celebration, five weddings and a trip to the states to see my son and daughter-in-law. I know that I can do this. Watch this space while I decide on which targets to assign to which dates.

So my intentions for this week are:
    1. Complete the 5 days left on my SELF 2020 Challenge (1 day done this morning).
    2. Comment on at least one message in this group.
    3. Log ALL meals in MFP.
    4. DRINK MORE WATER
    5. GO TO BED EARLIER

Good luck to all of us!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,259 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Happy Monday. I hope it’s a great day for you. It is amazingly beautiful here in NC. I’m sitting on my porch in 70° weather visiting you all. Even though I love it, I know mid 70s in February is not normal or good for our 🌎😢.

@mrsjar5311 Wishing you quick healing with your surgery. Not surprised you are feeling a bit apprehensive, but use what you know to help your healing and breathe deeply. Give yourself time to heal, no worries, then get back to it when you are feeling better. Hugs 🤗

@Gidgitgoescrazy @Steph1498 @YinxFed @KellyBgetsfit What great goals you’ve set for yourselves. We are here to cheer you on. It’s so good to put those goals down in writing. The longer I do this, the more I realize how important it is.

@YinxFed So glad to hear that your migraine has left and you are feeling better.

@Gidgitgoescrazy Eleven pounds since October is phenomenal. You should be very proud. And how exciting to be getting that Y membership (and you know you will meet that goal) and be headed off on a dream trip.

I also have a trip planned for May. I’ll be headed to Mexico with @AmyRobF and @robertefortier536 and family. My immediate family is not going. Not sure how I’ll cope without seeing my sweet Juliet for a week. 🙂😢

Plan to do some Pilates when I’m done here or maybe an afternoon walk since it’s gorgeous out ☀️

Make it a great one!! 😘😘
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,259 Member
    Options
    So here’s our step team as of this moment. Correct me if I’m wrong please.

1. Micki48
    2. @jugar
    3. @Yinxfed
    4. @evangsimmons170
    5. @Gidgitgoescrazy
    6. @evelynladams527
    7. @lovethyneighbor
    8. @mrsjar5311
    9. @Steph1498
    10. @KellyBgetsfit

Happy stepping 👟👟💫✨
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Good pm! Went for a good 5 km walk on the Toronto path system today, even though it’s quite nice outside. Parked the car here @jugar, thought you’d get a kick out of it..

amqcpdd3r13k.jpeg
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday

PW: 122.0
    CW: 121.9
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    I took a picture to commemorate today's weigh-in:

udrao8ia7bjy.jpg

I finally made it! Finally!

🎉Congratulations!🎉
    Welcome to Onerland!
  • jugar
    Options
    Good pm! Went for a good 5 km walk on the Toronto path system today, even though it’s quite nice outside. Parked the car here @jugar, thought you’d get a kick out of it..

amqcpdd3r13k.jpeg

Everywhere needs a flute zone! Gotta keep that stuff contained!!!
  • Andreabroadley
    Options
    Fantastic January work and great goals for Feb @micki48! Go go go!
  • Andreabroadley
    Options
    Love Ireland @Gidgetgoescrazy. My family from there. There is fantastic scenery of course, but if you are in Dublin go see The Book of Kells if you can.

https://www.tcd.ie/visitors/book-of-kells/
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    s4h8kb2aefm8.jpg
    t9ryzic2t525.png
    v1h6wbq4mgr2.png
    a5klu64i7ac8.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Downsizers 0.55%
    2nd Waist Aways 0.40%
    3rd Trimstones 0.29%