DOWNSIZERS - February 2020 Chat

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
Welcome Fat2Fit Challengers

Here is your Team chat room! This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Cheer each other on to success!
We are beginning the February 2020 Challenge - We have six great teams this month. The group and team leaders are as follows:
Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @beka3695
Lisa - @cafelelia
Teresa - @TeresaW1020

Our Team Captains:
*Mission Slimpossible - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
*Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
*Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cafelelia
*Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
*Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
*Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and (open)

Our Team Motivators:
*Mission Slimpossible - @AustinRuadhain
*Trimstones - @Angmarie28
*Weight No More - @nstephenson01
*Waist Aways - @Terytha and @evangsimmons170
*Shrinking Assets - @TheMrWobbly (Fitness Captain)
*Downsizers - @UTMom81 and @Kres567

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, and at the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captain here on your team chat page. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off.

In addition to your own team, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the “Announcements” section for full group challenges.

This month, we have the Leaping Groundhog Challenge! Every day, there will be a question (TWO on groundhog day!!). The more people who post their thoughts and ideas on the question, the more we’ll all learn, and new ways of losing weight and getting fit might come to your attention. The more you read and post, the better it will be - so get ready to answer all 29 questions!

There will also be shorter challenges to get you moving, watching what is on your plate, or getting out of a rut.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love!! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin.

THANKS!

Replies

• panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, welcome to a brand new month!! What’s your goals this month? Mine is to incorporate more stength training into my work outs, and to lose 4lbs. Good luck on yours!’
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    My goals are to:
    Workout at least 5 days a week
    Strength training 3 days a week
    Stick with intermittent fasting
    Drink my water

Here’s to a fantastic new month!
  • jennt817
    jennt817 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi Friends!
    I started my journey last month and love being part of the team and sharing our struggles and our triumphs!!! I am currently 142. and my short term goal weight is 136. Once I achieve that I will shoot for 128-132. I started lifting weights again and really enjoying it. I want to continue learning more about my body by making mindful decisions and listening g to my body. Have a great weekend... woohoo!!!!😊🌸😊🌸
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,508 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Welcome to the February team chat!

I am Linda, the Downsizers team captain along with our awesome motivators @Kres567 and @UTMom81.

When weighing in can you please use the following format:

Username:
    Weighin week:
    Weighin day:
    Previous weight:
    Current weight:

We will also have a daily checkin you can participate in. It is a good way to stay accountable.
    Suggestion for daily checkin:

Calories over/under?
    Water:
    Exercise:
    Goals for tomorrow:

There will be various challenges within the group. I really recommend you participate in them. I found being involved in the challenges helps me reach my goals. They are also another way to connect with your teammates or other teams in group challenges. Keep your ears open for upcoming challenges!

Please take the time to introduce yourself to the group. It is fun to get to know each other a little.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I am Linda and I live in Ontario, Canada. I am 55, married, mother of three and have three beautiful granddaughters. I am retired, so I have lots of time to spend with my grandkids. I also have a senior beagle named Molly.

I started my journey in February 2019 and started this challenge at the same time. I lost 56 pounds so far. I never would have made it this far without this group. I love the support and the accountability.

My plan to lose the weight is CICO and I mainly walk for exercise. I also want to add some strength training.

Goals for February:
    1. Walk 9000 steps Monday to Saturday
    2. Log all food accurately
    3. Lose 4 pounds
    4. Walk minimum 30 minutes a day
    5. Swim or aqua fit once a week

Here’s to success in all our February goals!
  • jojomojo1973
    jojomojo1973 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I’m really looking forward to some challenges with you all and having to be accountable each Monday when I weigh in . I have a desk job and travel 2 hours to work each way most days so my goal is try walk in my lunch break and up the weekend walks. I don’t drink a lot of water so I would like to focus on that this month as well.
    I have the food under control finally and have had no wine for 7 weeks. I used to drink a bottle a night to relax after such a long day and I used to tell myself I deserved it for working so hard ...
    Anyway here is to a fabulous 2020 and trying to be my best self 😊
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    panda4153 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone, welcome to a brand new month!! What’s your goals this month? Mine is to incorporate more stength training into my work outs, and to lose 4lbs. Good luck on yours!’
    My goals are to:
    Workout at least 5 days a week
    Strength training 3 days a week
    Stick with intermittent fasting
    Drink my water

Here’s to a fantastic new month!
    mellane30 wrote: »
    My goal is mindset change. I want to see the gym as a sanctuary and place of stress release rather than a "omg I have to go to the gym". I also want to be going to the gym at minimum 3x a week.
    I am Linda and I live in Ontario, Canada. I am 55, married, mother of three and have three beautiful granddaughters. I am retired, so I have lots of time to spend with my grandkids. I also have a senior beagle named Molly.

I started my journey in February 2019 and started this challenge at the same time. I lost 56 pounds so far. I never would have made it this far without this group. I love the support and the accountability.

My plan to lose the weight is CICO and I mainly walk for exercise. I also want to add some strength training.

Goals for February:
    1. Walk 9000 steps Monday to Saturday
    2. Log all food accurately
    3. Lose 4 pounds
    4. Walk minimum 30 minutes a day
    5. Swim or aqua fit once a week

Here’s to success in all our February goals!

Hi everyone! So happy to meet you all. I just wanted to say I love reading all of your goals and expectations for the month of February! GOOD LUCK with each and every one of them! You’ve got this. 👍🏻💪🏻❤️
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I’m really looking forward to some challenges with you all and having to be accountable each Monday when I weigh in . I have a desk job and travel 2 hours to work each way most days so my goal is try walk in my lunch break and up the weekend walks. I don’t drink a lot of water so I would like to focus on that this month as well.
    I have the food under control finally and have had no wine for 7 weeks. I used to drink a bottle a night to relax after such a long day and I used to tell myself I deserved it for working so hard ...

Hi there, I have a long commute as well about 1.5 to 2 hours each way depending on traffic, I totally understand how tough that is! Good luck! Your goals are great! Feel free to add me if you need any extra support
  • Prim0312
    Prim0312 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I live in Florida, 45 years old, and trying to find motivation to eat better and exercise. I used to be on point with all of this for years and years but combine grad school with having a sports related concussion with post-symptoms for 4 years, and recent separation from my husband has packed on pounds and made exercise seem like the most difficult thing ever. No more excuses, it’s time to get the weight down and love/live an active life again.
    Starting Weight: 182.7 lbs
    Goal Weight: 155 lbs
    Weigh-in day: Sunday

February Goals:
    1. Indoor Exercise 3 x a week
    2. Track all food & beverages daily with cal counts 1450-1650 per day
    3. Get outside 1 day each week to enjoy the beautiful Florida “Winter” Weather
    4. Meal Plan & Prep

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Love all these February goals!

hp86tlba1y23.jpeg
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options

Walking on my lunch hours have been so great for me. It’s such a great break in the middle of the day
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    Our February Moderators' Challenge is UP! The first day's question (for tomorrow) has been posted, so go ahead and put in some answers. There will be a new question every day - so I hope lots of people will join in and make the discussions packed with info and insights.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10783307/leaping-groundhogs-the-02-2020-questions-challenge#latest
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Saturday check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 30 minute walk and reached step goal
    Water: not enough

Goals for Sunday:
    1. Walk 30 minutes
    2. hit the water bottle
    3. Log all food
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    If you're still doing steps mine for 2/1 is 22,746.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-in: Saturday 02/01

Calories: Under
    Water: 2L
    Steps: 20,982
    Exercise: 5k run / 45 min strength / 1 hour walk

Happy Sunday everyone. I had a great day yesterday with workouts but could have done much better with food choices. I’m getting there.

I just answered the questions for the mod challenge and gonna be joining the habit tracker later on today.

My February goals are......

Stay under my calorie goals for the day.
    Drink at least 2 liters of water everyday
    Complete 10,000 steps each day minimum.
    Go to the gym 4 times a week (30min cardio + 1 hour strength)
    Run 5K on Saturday's
    Walk at least 1 hour on Sunday's
    Zumba every Monday night (unless class is cancelled)
  • gharvey2753
    gharvey2753 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Feb Week 1 Weigh in

Username: gharvey2753
    Sunday weigh in day
    Previous: 168.4 ibs
    Current: 168.0 ibs

Just a small loss this week whilst I thought the weight loss would have been closer to a pound I am happy enough with that considering end Jan was down 11ibs in 2 weeks. Found cravings hard the last few days and even though been closer to my calories goal still 200/300 calories in more than I have been doing. Got some healthy meals / low calorie meals planned for this week so 2ibs this week would be nice but will be happy with 1-2. Have a good week everyone!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps Due

@Kres567 Sunday to Saturday
    @jennt817 Friday, Saturday
    @kguin0323 Friday January 24 to Saturday February 1
    @hannahhooter Sunday to Saturday
    @UTMom81 Thursday to Saturday
    @19shmoo69 Friday
This discussion has been closed.