MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLE January 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    prowell57 wrote: »
    I had friends on mfp that always seemed to find fault in what I was/wasn't eating, very discouraging!! So when I quit keto I also quit mfp but I know me...I NEED motivation/support or I won't last long on whatever diet I'm on.
    I'm really excited about being here in this group. I don't know why I never checked out this part of mfp before :) Looking forward to getting to know everyone and taking this journey with you.

@prowell57 this group may well be the only place on the internet I have never (and I do not use this word lightly) experienced negativity and the kind of beat-down the 'net can be famous for. You need to do what's best for you and that invariably involves some trial and error along the way. Slimpossibles offer a hand up, not a slap on the wrist. Welcome!
  • prowell57
    prowell57 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I love how positive you are, so inspiring!!
  • prowell57
    prowell57 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    prowell57
    Check-in Thursday 1/30/2020
    Calories: over
    Water: under
    Exercise: none

I'm going to have to work hard at getting my water in as I'm not a big water drinker. So many things I need to work on...baby steps, one day at a time.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    @sunshineplace great loss! I hope your hip flexor feels better!

@mrmcgrath glad your weigh-ins are going well!

@prowell57 welcome to the group, I look forward to getting to know you! What a blessing that your husband is in remission. I can see why you'd get frustrated if people were criticizing what you eat. You do what works for you!

@MaegyS in the green!

@gwamajtw21 Sounds like a tasty meal, congrats on the loss!

@raleighgirl09 Very insightful post! You got this, take it one step at a time.

• Katmary71
    Options
    prowell57 wrote: »
    prowell57
    Check-in Thursday 1/30/2020
    Calories: over
    Water: under
    Exercise: none

I'm going to have to work hard at getting my water in as I'm not a big water drinker. So many things I need to work on...baby steps, one day at a time.

I used to live on diet soda. I switched to Crystal Light, then iced tea with stevia. When I work out I go through a few sports bottles of lemon water, it's also good with fresh mint and cucumbers but I cut my mint plants back too far to harvest much and cucumbers aren't that great this time of year. Luckily, my brother has a loaded lemon tree! Herbal tea at bedtime is how I stop snacking and unwind. Just thought I'd share in case one might help! I keep a travel mug of water with me everywhere.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Thursday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- bike, yoga for back
    Water- over

Habits
    Weight lifting 3xs a week- tomorrow is 3 but legs only.
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Core/stretching- on hold this week
    Yoga- goal was 2xs this week and I did it, it's mellow enough that aside of laying on my stomach I can do most of it.
    Decluttering- went through 5 boxes of paperwork, tossed most, one box to get shredded. Shouldn't have carried boxes to garage but really wanted them out of house! That, cleaning my bathroom mirror, and especially cutting a kabocha squash set my injury back a bit, I wish it wasn't my dominant side!
    One new recipe a week- made maple soy salmon for dinner, it's an easy recipe but it counts!
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Username: davors19
    Weigh-in week: Week 4
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 285
    Todays Weight: 285
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 4
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    Previous Weight: 208.4
    Todays Weight: 209.5

Ugghhhh ending the week in the red!! :# My weight was up more when I started the new workout program because every muscle in my lower half was screaming in pain! Then it went down and then I ate Mexican yesterday and everything else in sight! I'm moving on and promising myself that I will do better next month! I'm also going to tweak my habit tracker in February. ;)
  • Motiv8tedMom
    Motiv8tedMom Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020, do we automatically roll over to February? I have enjoyed this but I think I'm in too many challenges right now to be able to really focus.
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Official weigh in 196.1
    01/31
    Check In
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 198.3
    Todays Weight 196.1💥

Yesterday
    Calories: under
    Water: over/under? Over
    Macros: protein low
    Exercise: yoga

Yesterday’s Fitbit/mfp stats:
    5139 steps. 5500 goal steps
    2.24 miles
    2319 burned calories
    15 active
    76 sleep score
    60 resting sleep
    1469 calories consumed

Macros by grams. carb 186g, goal > 253g, fat 59g, goal 44-77g, protein 64g, goal 70g

Basic Goals
    30 active (heart rate driven) minutes: 👎
    Complete food diary: 📖
    Stay hydrated(more than 64 oz): 💦
    Stay below sugar goal: candy 👎
    Meet fiber in range:👎
    Daily self care: meditating, crafting, reading, etc. 👎
    Sleep: minimum 7 hours 💤 barely

My vision for 2020:
    To find out who I am outside of “mom” since I will be an empty nester in the 5 months.
    To love me no matter where I am at in my journey.
    To pursue habits and hobbies that I will enjoy and that will enrich my soul.
    To focus on total health (mind, body, and soul)

Don’t let any one weigh-in dictate what I do.
    Choose to do the work.
    Choose to show up & do the actions.
    Don’t give up when you get your first bit of resistance.
    Stick to your habits no matter what. Ignore your ego and avoid complacency.
    Keep a connection with others who understand what this journey. Isolation is not helpful
    Don’t hide when weight gain happens. Assume it will. Share your truth, and don’t let your mind tell you no one will understand.
    Make up your mind that you are and will be successful.
    Accept that this is your struggle, and you will not be fixed. I will need to continuously manage my condition.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,097 Member
    Options
    Hello Team Mission Slimpossible!

Your February chat thread is open - go ahead over just to introduce yourself making sure that everyone will know all the great stuff about you. New members will still be trickling in, and they will now be sent there, so show them that great F2F welcome!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10783095/mission-slimpossibles-february-2020-chat#latest

Please continue to record the final January weigh-ins and steps here, though. Thanks!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,097 Member
    Options
    Yet more breaking news -

New member!

@TeraBbreakingFree will be joining you for February. Hopefully she will navigate her way here or to the February thread. Enjoy!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020, do we automatically roll over to February? I have enjoyed this but I think I'm in too many challenges right now to be able to really focus.

Yes, if you have been recording your weight then you will automatically rollover. Do you want to continue with us or would you like to be removed? We would hate to see you go but understand if you need to. <3
  • sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 your post brought tears to my eyes. THANK YOU for being so vulnerable and so real and facing your *kitten*. I feel like a lot of people hide instead facing their truth because they see it as failure and you are being honest in the face of a bad week and sharing it all. So proud of you! And by the way...trading those steps for your best girl is a good trade off in my books.

Thank you for your kind words. I’m struggling but keeping it real.

@prowell57 welcome to the group! You’re going to love it!
  • sunshineplace
    Options
    Haha they replaced s h * t with kitten. 🙄. I figured I would be safe if I used the asterisk in place of the i. Apparently not.
  • sunshineplace
    Options
    @katmary thank you. Sorry to hear about flaring up your injury. Hard to heal when everyday activities aggravate.

I too used to drink a lot of diet soda. I cut it out recently and have been wanting something else for a change. I’m going to look for the stevia iced tea. Thanks for posting that suggestion to @prowell57. I have discovered David’s Teas iced tea and really enjoy that as well.

@TeresaW1020 hang in there. Mexican will do that to you. Had weigh in been a few days later it would have been different.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @davors19 good job maintaining!

TeresaW1020 Sounds like you have two good reasons for your weight to be up between sodium and retaining from sore muscles. Cool, I can tweak habit tracker for Feb? It's driving me nuts not to be able to check off the workouts I can't do until I heal, I changed up my bullet journal so it wasn't a double whammy!

@TeraBbreakingFree welcome to the group, it's great having you!

@sunshineplace I add stevia to tea, I always have a gallon of Lipton then make "special" iced tea that I'll make in my 4 cup measuring cup with various tea bags then pour in a large cup when cooled. I like all kinds of tea but one that's at most grocery stores that's sweet without sweetener and makes good iced tea is Good Earth Sweet and Spicy. It's black tea with cinnamon. I make my own cold brew coffee too, I go through too much to avoid plain water!
  • vanjan14
    vanjan14 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Username: vanjan14
    Weigh in week: 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight (PW): 252.1
    Today's (Current) Weight (CW): 254.6

Went up a bit this week due to a vacation but it wasn't nearly as bad as I had expected!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Friday Weigh in

cornanda
    PW: 184.3
    CW 185.4
    Week 4?
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,787 Member
    Options
    Digger61