Check In

Options

Replies

• WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @puffbrat Today is Day 8 though I did have to back plan a few days, the weekends seem to be when I just forgo all routine which I really need to work on. I need to take some pictures and I should be able to post in there later today. I'm also determined, not only to use my planner/journal but to also just make this year different from the last 4. I'd love to see your planner pictures!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    @puffbrat Today is Day 8 though I did have to back plan a few days, the weekends seem to be when I just forgo all routine which I really need to work on. I need to take some pictures and I should be able to post in there later today. I'm also determined, not only to use my planner/journal but to also just make this year different from the last 4. I'd love to see your planner pictures!

I'm not as focused on change, but I do want to use the planner both to help me become more organized and hold me accountable for some things. I forgot to do pictures last night since I was tired and grumpy. I will try to do it tonight.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @puffbrat I'm hoping it keeps me more organized and accountable as well. I'm sorry you were tired and grumpy last night, hope tonight is better for you!
  • puffbrat
    Options
    @puffbrat I'm hoping it keeps me more organized and accountable as well. I'm sorry you were tired and grumpy last night, hope tonight is better for you!

Thanks! Me too! Especially since I ended the night by being clumsy and slamming my hand into a doorknob while walking down the hallway. That seriously hurt and bruised immediately. Thankfully today it is just a little red and slightly sore.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @puffbrat You're welcome! Oh, that sounds painful! Glad it's on the mend!
  • sarawilliams5889
    sarawilliams5889 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Happy new year ladies 🥳
    Your planner ideas sound amazing! I wish I could be so organised. I started the year with a goal to get things together but it hasn’t gone so well so far!
    I have logged food for the first few days of the year but then had a bit of a blow out yesterday and today 😬 Going to up my cals a hundred or so to see if that helps.
    Here’s to a great 2020 😊
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @sarawilliams5889 Happy New Year!

You can be! It's taken me three years to finally start planning and while I'm still struggling to finish off my to do list, I've noticed a difference with logging my food and taking a few minutes to reflect on the day. I keep forgetting to share the pictures but we do have a planners thread so they'll be there when I do!

It happens to everyone, don't be hard on yourself! Some other things to maybe look into that may be helpful: Are you being too restrictive? What about protein and fat intake? Is it related to your cycle? You may have to play a bit with your macros as well as your calorie allotment. I've been at this a long time and I'm still trying to figure it out. Hope the extra calories helps! Also, if I notice I'm getting too hungry which will sometimes happen after a few days of a deficit, I'll give myself a maintenance day. It can sometimes make it easier to continue to eat more though so I have to be mindful to not derail myself which if I'm being honest, has happened more times than I can count.

Cheers to a great 2020! :)
  • sarawilliams5889
    Options
    Thanks so much for that info @WifiresGettingFit 😊 I am trying to log everything even if it is a bad/way over day just to keep accountable. Otherwise I am all to likely to throw caution to the wind and eat everything in sight!! Your idea about a maintenance day now and then sounds good.

Back onto it today though 😊
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! Love the planner ideas and I’ve been working on starting something similar myself. I started a Trello board because my opportunities to actually write things down are limited, or I end up leaving my journal in the nursery while Atlas naps or have some excuse. My phone is always with me though!

I just got back to the gym today and am trying to get serious about pelvic floor rehab. I’m going to start by doing my Hab-it exercises 3 times a week and making an appointment for my annual exam to get a professional opinion. Atlas is 9 months old and my body is really out of control. Either way I need to rein in my eating. We are doing dry January so it’s an encouraging time for me to start tracking calories again at least.

Happy 2020 everyone!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @sarawilliams5889 You're welcome! I am the same way! Yes, today is a new day! :)

@pezhed Glad to see an update from you! Hopefully the professional opinion gets things on the mend for you! Happy 2020!
  • puffbrat
    Options
    I had to have my 17 year old cat put down yesterday. She probably would have died naturally yesterday or today, but she was suffering. Losing her has been devastating to me and I completely shut down this weekend and yesterday. Having my period start on Sunday did not help. Trying to get life back on track. My husband keeps researching TTC to figure out if we need to do anything differently. The basic answer is no unless we want to delve into more serious tracking, but I should really lose weight and get back to exercising consistently :#
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @puffbrat I'm so sorry to hear about your cat and that things are rough right now. I hope things start to improve soon! Good vibes sent your way!
  • sarawilliams5889
    Options
    So sorry for your loss @puffbrat Losing an animal companion is such a devastating thing. I lost my 16yo dog just 3 months ago. Sending hugs your way 💕
  • Bekah7482
    Bekah7482 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

I am new here. My husband and I are trying for our first baby. In the meantime I am also working out and working on my diet so I can continue that through pregnancy.

Excited to be around other people like me
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @Bekah7482 Welcome to the group, we're glad to have you here! :)
  • puffbrat
    Options
    Thank you @sarawilliams5889! I'm sorry to hear about your dog!

Welcome @Bekah7482!
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Hey, y'all. How's everyone doing here at the end of January? Are we gonna do a February challenge next month? I'm ready to go lose some weight! In a wedding in April. I would love to trim 10 lbs off so I look like less of a purple tent in this voluminous bridesmaid dress I have to wear.

Just a quick catch up on while I've been away. Really starting to get the hang of being a parent finally. I can manage the stress a lot better than before. My body has also slowly settled down 8 months after stopping to breastfeed.

On the home reno front, it's slow. We painted trim and the front and side doors over the summer though. So our house is less of an eyesore on the outside. On the inside, we swapped sofas with my bro and got a nice dark green sofa bed in the living room for when the MIL comes to visit. She gave us a kid's bunkbed set for when Bruce outgrows his crib/toddler bed and in the hope we would have another kid.

In an effort to get outside more and fight the mommy blues, I took up deer hunting last fall and shot my first deer. It's not something I EVER would have seen myself doing before. But I found it very calming to go out at 4 am and watch the sunrise in perfect peace and quiet walking around in the woods. I learned how to clean, butcher, store and cook venison. It really boosted my self-esteem to learn new skills and be able to contribute to the household food budget too.

Work is still chugging along. We made drastic changes to our business model that seem to be helping. Maybe it's even saved our restaurant. But I'm waiting until the end of March to decide if I want to keep or sell the business.

Cheers, everyone!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @Alioth Glad to see an update from you. Yes, I can get the challenge set up for those who would like to use it! Glad you've found something that has boosted your self-esteem and that you enjoy! I hope that the changes made has helped the business and that when it's decision time, you're at peace with it!
  • sarawilliams5889
    Options
    What an interesting hobby @Alioth 😊
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Ladies, how are you? Is everyone doing alright with this coronastuff freaking everyone out? I thought I'd check on y'all. It's been tough here. My husband is off school indefinitely. If they don't start school again in August, he'll have to find another job entirely. I'm back to working 10 hour days. We had to fire or lay off our entire staff at the restaurant. I'm working without getting paid for now until we can stabilize sales...which could take months... assuming the governor doesn't close everything in our state and throw small businesses into immediate bankruptcy. A friend of the family is in ICU at a hospital in North Carolina with the virus. He's gonna make it, but his quarantined family is struggling.

I was putting workouts and dieting on hold, but pulled a muscle in my back that has made any/every movement very painful. So I need to get back to it with home videos. All the gyms are closed. Are y'all doing workouts at home? Any changes to your fitness plans?