WEIGHT NO MORE - February 2020 Chat

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,037 Member
Welcome Fat2Fit Challengers

Here is your Team chat room! This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Cheer each other on to success!

We are beginning the February 2020 Challenge - We have six great teams this month. The group and team leaders are as follows:
Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @beka3695
Lisa - @cafelelia
Teresa - @TeresaW1020

Our Team Captains:
*Mission Slimpossible - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
*Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
*Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cafelelia
*Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
*Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
*Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and (open)

Our Team Motivators:
*Mission Slimpossible - @AustinRuadhain
*Trimstones - @Angmarie28
*Weight No More - @nstephenson01
*Waist Aways - @Terytha and @evangsimmons170
*Shrinking Assets - @TheMrWobbly (Fitness Captain)
*Downsizers - @UTMom81 and @Kres567

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, and at the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captain here on your team chat page. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off.

In addition to your own team, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the “Announcements” section for full group challenges.

This month, we have the Leaping Groundhog Challenge! Every day, there will be a question (TWO on groundhog day!!). The more people who post their thoughts and ideas on the question, the more we’ll all learn, and new ways of losing weight and getting fit might come to your attention. The more you read and post, the better it will be - so get ready to answer all 29 questions!

There will also be shorter challenges to get you moving, watching what is on your plate, or getting out of a rut.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love!! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin.

THANKS!

Replies

• pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    My name is Patsy, I am 67 and retired. I love not having to go to work early every morning. I am not an early morning person though I am awake most days by 6:30. I am definitely NOT raring to go until about 8. I go to a water aerobics class twice a week at 9:30 a.m. and volunteer at church or school the other three days for an hour or so.
    I read a lot, mostly fiction. My brother is an author and I am one of his proof readers. I really enjoy that. I like to do puzzles of all kinds. I have several cross stitch art works I've done over many years that hang all over my house and some I have given away.
    I have lived in North Carolina over 30 years, grew up in Massachusetts but had to get away from the snow, moved to Louisiana for ten years, then found the mid point here in NC was the place to stay.
    I am not an athlete, though I like to walk and to ride a bicycle. I don't get much exercise other than the water aerobics. My current daily goal on the Apple watch is 360 "move calories" which I try to meet - met only 12 times in January so need to work on that.
    I joined this group in 2018 and love all the helpful support we give each other.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I'm Linda, 50 and live in Michigan. I don't have kids but have 3 grown nephews who are married.

I've been on this team since October 2019. Thank you to all who have encouraged me! It has been helpful.

I have two great nieces, one who will be 1 next week and one who is almost 3 months old.

I have had a weight issue most of my life and have lost and gained many pounds over the years. I have lost about 46 pounds since January of 2018 and probably have around 50 or so more to lose. I work with a trainer at my gym three times a week, he works me really hard, which is what I want. I'm much stronger now than when I started. He has given me workouts to do on my own when I'm not working with him. I usually give myself one rest day per week and weekends usually do some low intensity exercise at home.

I have support and accountability from my trainer and other people in my life but can always use more.

My goals for are basically continuing from October.
    Get in fruits and veggies and water. Would like to do the following everyday but know that's not realistic so I'm going for 4 days per week.
    Fruit goal: 4
    Veggie goals: 4
    Water: 64 oz
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Welcome new and returning members!!

I'm Nancy, 50, married for 19 years, no kids, 2 elderly but still very active dogs, born and raised in California but relocated to beautiful Montana 8 years ago. My husband works on long term construction projects that take him away from home for extended periods of time. He was just home for a couple of months but left yesterday for a project in Pennsylvania. When he's gone its just me and the dogs watching Hallmark movies or roaming around our 45 acres. Joined MFP January 2017 and F2F October 2017. Highest weight recorded on MFP was 220.5. Not sure about goal weight but currently aiming for 158 - 160. I'm 5'8". Lowest weight was 164; CW is 170 :( January was a bad month for me

Favorite form of exercise is hiking in the mountains with my dogs. I have reached a place where I enjoy exercising and do some form of activity pretty much every day. I lost most of my weight by (1) cleaning up my diet to mostly whole/real/minimally processed foods... lean protein, fruit/veggies, whole grains & raw nuts and (2) exercising. For me this journey has had to be a lifestyle change that I can sustain, not a quick fix. I've always had a big appetite so if I don't eat right I gain weight very quickly. My husband and I love to cook. I'm a huge fan of JessicaSmithTV strength training YouTube videos as my upper body has always been very weak but now I can open my own jars LOL I've learned so much from this team and I wouldn't be where I am on my journey without all of you.

Goals for February: "Right the ship"
    - Stop gaining!!
    - 2 yoga classes/2 strength training sessions/2 bowflex intervals per week & walk when the weather cooperates
    - Cut back on the wine
    - Meal plan, pre-log & stop overeating
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    @rundgrenrocks - I love your fitness goals. So specific and seem doable. Keep us posted. I would love updates. I need to try to find some time to think of similar clear and specific and obtainable fitness goals. My strengths are in eating plan. I am much less focused on or comfortable with the fitness/ exercise aspects of health. Thanks for your inspiration today. That is why I love this group.

@tryingagain5 - Your consistent posts and daily updates are great fun to read. Thanks for the time you take nearly each day to post. I, for one, appreciate you taking the time to share the details of your journey with this team. It helps us all.

@nstephenson01 - You will "right your ship" and February will be your month. I have also noted the last few months how fat I seem to be able to gain if I have every a few days of not eating well. I think this is just part of being closer to goal/ less weight to lose. The margins really seem so little. I am reminded of my nearly nightly popcorn eating from several months back that stopped my weight loss for several weeks. All because I thought I was eating 100 calories and it was closer to 400 cals per bag. Sigh. This is a path for life and mostly that is good, but some days it just seems better to eat. :smile:
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @phoebe112476
    Thanks for the kind words. I had been thinking about taking a break from posting because of the time commitment and I've been working a lot of OT lately so it's been harder to be consistent but having you say it helps makes me think I should continue to do so. I know reading about everyone else's journey has also been helpful to me.

I love all the food pics. Did you roast the broccoli? If so, how long and what temp and how much olive oil?
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @pacsnc6 have you taken the quiz “1000 books you have probably read? I am in the top 7% tile. I read a lot too.
    @nstephenson01 I like your goals. I have always said you are a poster child for maintenance! Great job keeping that weight off.
    @tryingagain5 glad to have you on our team! You made it through the holidays with us.
    @rundgrenrocks I too like your specific goals. It’s how I achieved success. Set the goal then accomplish it. Repeat.
    @phoebe112476 love the pictures what a treat. Always enjoy your monthly assessments and goals.
    @sleepymom5 I think your doing great. Keep stringing those awesome days together. Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned as usual. Enjoy and behave lol.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well
    Thank you. Glad you are feeling better. Sounds like you're going to have a fun night. Enjoy your dinner.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @phoebe112476
    Thanks. That sounds good. I"ll have to try that sometime. I don't have sesame oil but do have olive oil. I have broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and potatoes at home right now. Maybe I"ll just roast all of it.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,037 Member
    Options
    Your February is off to a brilliant start! Great food photos... Good thing I already ate dinner!

Our February Moderators' Challenge is UP! The first day's question (for tomorrow) has been posted, so go ahead and put in some answers. There will be a new question every day - so I hope lots of people will join in and make the discussions packed with info and insights.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10783307/leaping-groundhogs-the-02-2020-questions-challenge#latest
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well I have looked at some of those book lists and found that I have read a large number but didn't pay attention to the percentage. Some of the lists include books I read in high school. Maybe next time I see a list I'll pay more attention.
    Your supper looks delicious, it's a great way to spend time with your grandkids!
  • starcrystal3
    starcrystal3 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm Crystal :smile:

This is my first group or team challenge, so bear with me as I get the hang of how the forums and posting work. MFP has helped me lose 30+ pounds on two separate occasions, several years apart. Whenever I don't track my food, the pounds slowly creep back, so I try not to stray too far from MFP. Currently, I have about 15 pounds to lose.

I'm ready to get back to daily posting and a tune-up on my portion control. My goals in February are to increase my H20, maintain a consistent exercise schedule (running 2-3 times per week and Yoga every weekend). I love how good I feel, the energy I have and just the simple ability to breathe better when I'm staying active. I'm aiming for my first 5k in April.

Looking forward to connecting with this group to keep each other motivated!
  • starcrystal3
    starcrystal3 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    @phoebe112476 I'm a cilantro fan, too! Your pics look nutritional & delish! I feel like you might be my food inspiration.

@rundgrenrocks Having specific goals gives you more focus! Great job identifying those things that will benefit you the most.

@nstephenson01 "Right the ship" - inspiring motto!

@sleepymom5 Thanks so much for sharing your group with me! I'm really excited to connect more closely with other health-minded women.
This discussion has been closed.