DOWNSIZERS - February 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    @utmom81 - I felt the same way as you this week. I’ve completely lost track of myself and the things that make me feel in control of myself and this journey. This is the least consistent I have been since before Christmas. And it shows in my weight:

Weigh in week: 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 213.4
    Current weight: 216.4

My goals for today:
    1. Bring my lunch to work
    2. Drink at least 60pz of water at work alone
    3. Make an exercise plan for next week - I need to be moving more. Enough sleeping in and working through my lunch!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,528 Member
    Options
    PW 203.4
    CW 207.0

This is the worst week I ever had since I started last February. I had a bad binge Saturday night and it snowballed. All week I have been getting up and eating after I settle for the night. I need to sit down and think about everything that made me successful so far. I need to put all those tools back in action.

Thursday check in

Calories: just barely under
    Exercise: 70 minute walk
    Water: met goal

Goals for today:
    1. Stay in control, no late night snacking
    2. Minimum 30 minute walk
    3. Hydrate
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Overdue weigh ins
    @Prim0312
    @joybedford

Friday weigh ins
    @mylifeasoliveoil
    @jennt817
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    PW 203.4
    CW 207.0

This is the worst week I ever had since I started last February. I had a bad binge Saturday night and it snowballed. All week I have been getting up and eating after I settle for the night. I need to sit down and think about everything that made me successful so far. I need to put all those tools back in action.

Thursday check in

Goals for today:
    3. Hydrate

Hugs to you. The most important thing I can think to say to you is no matter what......always be kind to yourself. So you had a bad week....it’s ok. We all have them. Some of us have bad months, some bad years. Some regain it ALL back and have to start over. It’s ok. As long as you are always starting again. You have to just keep showing up.

Last week is now in the past. Learn what you can from it and then leave it there. Start with small changes. Do what you know will be easiest for you to start off with like drinking all your water or walking a number of steps. Make one small change each day until you are back where you want to be. We all believe in you.....now believe in yourself. Be kind to yourself. Tell yourself what you would tell anyone else here with similar problems.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,183 Member
    Options
    Want some serious fun? Go over to the Leaping Groundhog challenge at
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10783307/leaping-groundhogs-the-02-2020-questions-challenge#latest

Today is RANT DAY! It is fabulous to read the rants that are already there, and you really should add your own. Everyone needs a good rant from time to time, right? :p
  • mylifeasoliveoil
    mylifeasoliveoil Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh In:

Username: mylifeasoliveoil
    Previous weight: 216.5 lbs
    Current Weight: 215.5 lbs
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Had a much better day today. Even though I’m on a quick vacation, I have made good choices with food intake. I’m definitely feeling more in control today, so that’s a step in the right direction! Got in all of my water today, too!
    #success #onedayatatime

Calories: under
    Exercise: nothing formal, but lots of walking
    Water: 80 oz

Tomorrow: enjoy fresh Florida fruits and fresh shrimp and smoked salmon. Think fresh and natural in all food choices. If the weather will cooperate, get in a walk or outdoor bike ride.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    PW 203.4
    CW 207.0

Thursday check in

Goals for today:
    3. Hydrate

Hugs to you. The most important thing I can think to say to you is no matter what......always be kind to yourself. So you had a bad week....it’s ok. We all have them. Some of us have bad months, some bad years. Some regain it ALL back and have to start over. It’s ok. As long as you are always starting again. You have to just keep showing up.

Last week is now in the past. Learn what you can from it and then leave it there. Start with small changes. Do what you know will be easiest for you to start off with like drinking all your water or walking a number of steps. Make one small change each day until you are back where you want to be. We all believe in you.....now believe in yourself. Be kind to yourself. Tell yourself what you would tell anyone else here with similar problems.

Thank you for the words of advice. I really appreciate them.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Friday check in

Calories: under
    Exercise: 50 minute walk

Saturday goals
    1. Minimum 30 minute walk
    2. 9000 steps ( I find Saturday’s hard to do this)
    3. Stay within calorie goal with exercise calories
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In:

Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh in week: 3
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous weight: 188.8
    Current weight: 188.6

Daily Check-in: Friday 02/21

Calories: under 🎉
    Water: 3.250L
    Steps: 5,643
    Exercise: Gym session (❤️+ 💪🏻)

Happy Saturday!

Not many steps yesterday. I did the stair master at the gym for 30 mins plus my lower body glutes workout which includes lots of squats, lunges, and jump squats.....my knee was not good the rest of the day. I decided to rest it and just get back to it today which I just did by running 5k for my Saturday workout. Knee is better now. Weight is still coming down at a snails pace but it’s coming down. I would have done better had I not spent the entire week trying to repair last weekends damage. This weekend I will try my beat to maintain today’s weight. Wish me luck.

My February goals are......

Stay on or under my calorie goals everyday.
    Drink at least 2 liters of water everyday
    Complete 10,000 steps each day minimum.
    Go to the gym 4 times a week (❤️+💪🏻 M, T, T, F)
    Run 5K on Saturday's
    Walk at least 1 hour on Sunday's
    Zumba every Monday night (unless class is cancelled)
    Wednesday’s are rest day.
  • FormerlyFit48
    FormerlyFit48 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    FormerlyFit48
    Last 222.5
    Current 222

Thinking of dropping calories to 1200 a day. Thought?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Overdue weigh ins
    @Prim0312
    @joybedford
    @jennt817

Saturday weigh ins
    @_laura_s
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    FormerlyFit48
    Last 222.5
    Current 222

Thinking of dropping calories to 1200 a day. Thought?

What is your calorie deficit right now? If 1200 calories is not going to theoretically give you more than 2 pounds a week loss, I would say try it. You can always increase your calories, if you find this too low.
  • jennt817
    jennt817 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Sorry late night and big weekend of celebrating!!
    I am over a bit.l but that’s ok... it’s to be expected!
    Just another part of the journey...💕😊💕
    The most important thing is I feel good despite the number. I know my choices are good overall and I am nurturing my body. My exercising has been consistent and I feel strong. The biggest struggle is to look in the mirror and see a different girl than the one in my mind... I often like the girl in my mind better, it is how my body feels. I will leave allof you with this. My mind and body feel strong. I see the strength in my workouts and in my dedication. That is why today is another day in life and sticking to my goals!
    Pw: 140
    Cw: 142
    Hahaahaga it had to be 142!!! My arch nemesis!
    Here is the thing though, I broke through to the other side before! ‘‘Tis we meet again!! 🌸💕🌸💕🌸
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Saturday check in

Calories; under (just barely)
    Exercise; 60 minutes

Week 4 goals
    1. Swim and aqua fit exercises 2 times
    2. Walk minimum 30 minutes per day
    3. 9000 steps minimum Monday to Saturday

I walked Molly around more each time I took her out to do her business to make sure I was within my calorie goal with exercise calories. It is going to be beautiful here tomorrow so I will get a nice walk in the park. I am also taking my granddaughter swimming.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Daily Check-in: Saturday 02/22

Calories: way over 😭
    Water: 2.100L
    Steps: 18,586
    Exercise: 5K 🏃🏻‍♀️ run

Happy Sunday everyone! I don’t know what was going on with me yesterday but I spent my whole day looking for something to eat. Did way too much mindless snacking. Too many treats were had! Every time I’m like this I have a look at what’s going on in my life at that moment because I want to identify the triggers that cause me to do this. I was looking at my monthly cycle (on Fitbit) and it turns out that I’m ovulating. This always happens the first 2 days of ovulation and a day before my period starts so I think that this time around it’s all hormonal. I’m hoping to have a better day today. I plan on doing my Sunday funday walk this afternoon and try my best to keep my snacking under control.

My February goals are......

Stay on or under my calorie goals everyday.
    Drink at least 2 liters of water everyday
    Complete 10,000 steps each day minimum.
    Go to the gym 4 times a week (❤️+💪🏻 M, T, T, F)
    Run 5K on Saturday's
    Walk at least 1 hour on Sunday's
    Zumba every Monday night (unless class is cancelled)
    Wednesday’s are rest day.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    We are in the last week of the February challenge. Let’s finish strong.

gplo15z49e8t.png
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,113 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Week 4
    Sunday
    P. W. 245
    C. W. 242
    I'm not sure how I lost weight while being sick. I've been eating nothing but comfort food.

Steps

2/21 17214
    2/22 3529
This discussion has been closed.