WEIGHT NO MORE - February 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    Options
    Checking in... I've been forgetting. I've been under calories with plenty of water and plenty of exercise this week anyway.

@sleepymom5 I use TDEE to even out my calories each day, and the calculation includes exercise calories for the week. If it didn't, it would just be the same as using MFP and then adding in exercise calories. That wasn't working with the cycling because on cycle days I'm burning about 1600 - 2000 calories through exercise and I literally can't eat enough in a day. With the effort of the cycling and those calories I was feeling really sick. And then I was getting really hungry but going "over" calories the next day. The problem was the arbitrary calorie goal for "weight loss" being set to daily rather than looking at the bigger picture. TDEE spreads the calories across cycling and non-cycling days evenly, and I've used a lower amount of exercise per week to set my goal to account for any off days that I might have. And I can always recalculate if I don't lose!
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    02/20 steps 7292
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    pacsnc6
    weigh in Friday
    week 3
    pw 161.3
    cw 162.2
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @rundgrenrocks I finally found the tahini. It does sort of look like peanut butter. I wasn’t expecting that!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Cafelelia
    Week 3
    PW -149.4
    CW-150.7

I have been drinking so much more water and running, so I did expect this. I have been on a stall since mid December when my FIL passed and I think this is a rel plateau. This weekend, I will review my nutrition and everything I have been doing and make some adjustments to get through to the next level “down”. Hopefully, the increased water will help.

I had a good day yesterday and managed to get 2 L of water in spite of all of my driving. I just chugged a lot of it in the morning, so I had the bathroom breaks early. I also had a fantastic run yesterday (by my post-injury standards) and have started to incrementally pick up the pace. Am very delighted to be out on the pavement again!

@lennoncpa - Great loss and fantastic steps!
    @pacnc6 - Just a small gain, I am right there with you!
    @brown6267 - Great steps!
    @rosieposiesrl - I am so sorry that it has been a stressful month and I hope things settle down too.
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - Glad that you are having a good week!
    @tryingagain5 - Great day yesterday and hope that you had fun volunteering with the kids last night!
    @Mrsbell8well - Hope that you headache has gone away. Let us know how you are doing
    @sleepymom5 - Did you go to the book signing? Hopefully you at the shore resting today! It is sunny here!
    @nstephenson01 - I hope that managing the stress is going a bit better this week. Joining your husband in Pennsylvania sounds like a great idea. I really hope that your neighbour can sort out her meds and her situation. And hope that you doggy is doing better too!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Thursday
    Week 3
    Pw 188
    Cw 188
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,460 Member
    Options
    Sleepymom5
    Week 3
    PW -197.2
    CW-199.4

Yikes! I have no room to play anymore.

Thursday check in
    Food-not logged and over
    Water-64 oz
    Exercise- 30 min walk, PT, stretching and strength

I have to check in quick as I have a dentist appointment, walk Charlie then Daisy and I are heading to the shore. I will check in then. I went to the book signing, it was fun AND no ex wife. I guess she was psyching him out, she certainly got me. A lot of neighbors showed up so she would have looked foolish if she started anything.
    I have to run, I will check in later. Have a great day everyone!

@tryingagain5 Looks like you had another good day! Hope your back starts feeling better.
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx That makes sense. It's not easy to figure out but sounds like you know what you are doing. It also seems like you really have been doing well lately.
    @rosieposiesrl That wasn't much of a gain. No worries. Hope you are feeling better soon.
    @brown6267 Love your consistency!
    @pacsnc6 You have been doing well. Don't let this slight gain get you down.
    @lennoncpa Nice loss! Hope all is well with your busy tax season!
    @Cafelelia I am so excited that you are getting back into running. I know you love it!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,037 Member
    Options
    Want some serious fun? Go over to the Leaping Groundhog challenge at
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10783307/leaping-groundhogs-the-02-2020-questions-challenge#latest

Today is RANT DAY! It is fabulous to read the rants that are already there, and you really should add your own. Everyone needs a good rant from time to time, right? :p
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @ljdanny sending positive vibes. Eager to hear updates.
    @Cafelelia I know how much you love running! I’m so happy for you to be outdoors running again.
    @lennoncpa very impressive!!! Still going down.
    @nstephenson01 will you take the doggies with you to Pennsylvania? So sorry to hear about the sore paw.
    @sleepymom5 you have had a lot going on. Spring energy is a good time to recommit!

Yesterday’s migraine was a nightmare. I woke up with a slight headache. By 11 am I was blinded with the pain. Shaking, dizzy and vomiting. Have not had it that bad in a long time. I spent the whole day in bed. It’s gone today but I’m moving slow. Fortunately just about everything is done on my to do list.
    I ordered a new mop and was anxious to try it out. Molly is forbidding me to do any mopping today. So I’m back to sitting and watching tv. I’m thinking I may need to go up and rest.
    I have been hooked lately on cleaning you tube videos. It’s silly. 10-30 minute videos of people cleaning their home. I pick up good hints and for some bizarre reason I enjoy watching them.
    @Cafelelia I would so love to hire your Greek ladies! My house is pretty clean but windows and other areas would certainly benefit.

I am planning to research a bunch of pins and emails I have saved regarding blogging. Hoping to launch March 19th first day of Spring?
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Friday 2/21 check in
    Food: logged and on track
    Water: 48 oz
    Exercise: none

I was asked if I wanted to stay for OT today but had to say no. I had an appointment at the car dealership. I was there for a couple of hours. I was told by the dealership I bought the car from that my battery needed to be replaced but since it should still be under warranty I had to go to the other dealership to have it done. This morning I was told my battery was fine and didn't need to be replaced. Not sure which one to believe. I might take it to my regular mechanic and ask their opinion since I know they won't tell me something needs to be done if it really doesn't.
    After I got home I ate something and then went to sleep. I ended up sleeping most of my day away so I got nothing done today.

Going to consider today a rest day from exercise since I don't really feel like doing anything now. Going to do some laundry and then go to bed.

Glad I don't have to work tonight so I can sleep tonight and run errands and get some things done tomorrow. We were told that we have to go in 2 hours early on Sunday night.
  • rundgrenrocks
    rundgrenrocks Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    @tryingagain5 i hope it works out with your car. It’s nice to have a trustworthy mechanic!
    @lennoncpa even though we like Sabra, there really is nothing to compare to homemade hummus! I love a salad with a pile of hummus in the middle.
    @Mrsbell8well hope you’re feeling all better by now!
    @ljdanny exciting news! Hope it all goes well.
    @sleepymom5 you sure have been dealing with a lot this week. Hope you get a minute to just breathe!
    @Cafelelia I had a two year period where Catholic schools in opposite directions made my daily mom-drive a four-to-five-hour-a-day chore. Timing water and pee breaks were constantly on my mind!
    @JillyBT you are doing amazing work as a caregiver. I always found that my husband was seriously behind me in the acceptance of his dad’s condition, and what steps we were going to take, and as the one doing most of the work, this really irritated me!

I just came home from seeing Grease with girlfriends at our local dinner theater. We didn’t do the dinner part, we all just ate at home and met for the show, and I reeeeeeallly wanted to grab some McDonald’s on the way home tonight but I resisted and now I’m going to bed hungry lol.
    I’ll make us a nice leisurely weekend breakfast in the morning!
This discussion has been closed.