WEIGHT NO MORE - February 2020 Chat

Replies

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    lym2stbaw4so.jpeg

Way to go team!! We came in first this week! Congrats to @GinderPwr, @Amsandos & @CassieGetsFit2013!!!
  • Cafelelia
    Saturday check in

I took it easy yesterday as I developed a sore throat. So it was a rest day for exercise, but food and water were on track. I was targeting a step average of 8k this week and I did it, so am very happy with how I am progressing post injury!

@Mrsbell8well - Glad that you were able to get over your headache to enjoy your night out!

@brown6267 - Fantastic steps! That is a minor gain and you are right, stay the course!

@ljdanny - Congratulations!!! Hope that the baby and her mom are doing ok today. Thanks for posting the steps and great job!!

@nstephenson01 - We have been having sunny mild weather too, and I am seeing the dust! I am picturing you now strutting in the mountains like JLo!

@kirsten11872 - Fantastic loss and it is amazing that in spite of anything that is going on in your life, you staying so consistent!

@sleepymom5 - Daisy is so adorable! Hope that you had a nice weekend at the shore!

@Zumba_Luvah - Nice maintain!

@lennoncpa - Hope that you are having a great weekend!

@GingerPwr - A run is a run, even one that is a little slower. Good job sticking with it!

@timibotkin - Fantastic loss, congratulations!
  • Cafelelia
    o65os03ym885.jpeg
    Our winner this week is @brown6267 with 74,590 steps!! @ljdanny came in second with 63,729 steps!! Congratulations!!

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Hello Fat2Fit team members!! We have one week left to finish February strong! So dig deep and work to keep yourself and your teammates in the GREEN!! Be encouraging and supportive! Be your own best cheerleader and strive to be each other's biggest cheerleaders.

NEW WEEK NEW MINDSET!!
    B)

njzr2oegrxqo.png
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 572 Member
    User ID: CassieGetsFit2013
    Week Number: Week 4
    Previous weight: 212
    Current weight: 213.8

Lose, gain, lose, gain, lose, gain! When am I going to have a lose, lose, lose, lose?!?! Thought I did pretty good this week...Guess I didn't do as good as I thought! Gotta do better this week, I want a loss dangit!!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,004 Member
    Must be Sunday! Lots of messages from the moderators :smile:

Registration for the March F2F challenge is OPEN! Please do NOT re-register if you are just continuing on. Do nothing, and you will automatically stay on the team for March.

For NEW people - the registration thread is at
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10786420/fat-2-fit-registration-for-march-2020#latest

Please share this link with your friends and on other discussions. Let's bring in a few new members!
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Checking in for the weekend:

Spent Saturday cleaning house. Also went through our closet and now have a big bag of clothes to donate.... not necessarily because they don't fit but I just don't wear them anymore. Always makes me feel good to have a clean house or organize an area... two wins for the day LOL

Scratched what I had planned for dinner and made a casserole my mother always made. Was just really craving comfort food. Think the stress of the last two weeks caught up with me as my eating has been all over the place. Just not motivated like I was earlier this month :neutral:
    6,796 steps for the day. Water was pretty good

Sunday is laundry day and more chores. Ran some errands for my neighbor today. On my second trip down to her house I walked instead and brought our dog Willow. Couldn't take Gauge as he's still recovering from his ACL injury. She loved getting a visit from Willow. She's feeling really guilty that she hasn't been able to visit her husband but the care center told her to stay away for a week. I don't know why and didn't ask. I hope to be able to take her to see him one day this week and maybe take her out to eat.
    Water not great, food not great but 12,479 steps as of 4 pm

@cyndiesstuff has been on my mind so much lately. Not sure why but I believe in intuition. If anyone has talked to her, send her my love and/or PM me.

I read somewhere that Magnesium in small amounts may be helpful for a better night's sleep so I have started taking one before bed. Sleeping somewhat better but I'm having more lucid dreams. Has anyone else heard of magnesium for sleep?

Let's get geared up/prepared for the week Team Weight No More!!
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Saturday 2/22 check in
    Food: logged but over
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: none

I spent my morning running errands. I stopped by the place I got my CPAP machine and had them check to see if the date and time on it was correct. I didn't know how to check. They showed me how since it was in a special menu I didn't know I had. Turns out the date was correct but the time was 2 hours later than the actual time. No wonder my sleep medicine doctor thought I was staying up really late after work. I sent him a message letting him know on that and asked him a question I thought of after my appointment. The weather was pretty nice here. Low 40's, sunny but the wind made it feel cold. I took my car through the car wash so now it's clean again, at least until it snows again this week.

Sunday 2/23 check in
    Food: logged and just a little over
    Water: 48 oz
    Exercise: 45 minute walking video

After church this morning I read some more of my book club book. Had dinner with my dad and then slept all afternoon to get back to my 3rd shift schedule. Mandatory 2 hours OT tonight. The extra money is nice but I'm getting tired of the extra work. I applied for a daytime job yesterday(not at my current employer) Not sure if I"ll get a reply. As I was going through the process, they were asking for qualifications I don't have so we"ll see. I"l just have to keep looking.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    @nstephenson01 I will pass on your message to Cyndie. I haven’t heard from her since New Years.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,453 Member
    Saturday 2/22 and Sunday 2/23check in
    Food: Not logged and probably over. Saturday was better than Sunday
    Water: out of my routine, 64 on Saturday, 40 today
    Exercise: Good! 2-30 min walks plus additional leisurely walks each day-Saturday shopping and Sunday along the beach. Saturday a good PT, Stretching a strength session, today just a quick one.

I have been terrible with logging food and exercise on MFP. I will have to make that a goal this week. I am still struggling with eating and am gaining. I am going to also focus this week on paying attention to my hunger scale and not snacking between meals. I am very happy with my exercise and steps this month. It is awesome to feel so good and be able to walk and get all these steps without suffering afterwards.

Thank you all for being patient with my crazy schedule lately, especially my awesome co captain Lisa. It just seems like so much has been going on. Tomorrow I am going home from the shore early, MK was sick and my husband brought her home. I have to get her back to school, walk Charlie and then get a mammogram(oh joy!). I will be back to my regular routine after that. I hope... I did have a nice time with my friends this weekend. They didn't leave until 7ish tonight so I am a little behind but I am so happy we had such a lovely weekend.
    I will be back at some point tomorrow! :)

WTG Team Weight No More! 1st place for percentage and pounds lost!!
    Congrats to our 2nd place winner @GingerPwr for percentage lost and to our 3rd place winner @CassieGetsFit2013 for pounds lost.

Congrats to our teams biggest losers @GingerPwr @Amsandos and @CassieGetsFit2013 for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place on our team!

Congrats to our step winners- @brown6267 and @ljdanny Impressive stepping ladies!

@kirsten11872 Nice loss! You have been doing well so I am not surprised!
    @nstephenson01 Sounds like a very productive Saturday! Actually a productive week with all you have done for your neighbor too. I am wondering if they don't want her to visit because they want to get him settled in and in a routine without her as a visual reminder of his home. Not sure though. I have been thinking of Cyndie too. I haven't heard since New Years either :( I also don't have any experience with the magnesium and sleep but would be interested in hearing if anyone else has information on it.
    @ljdanny Congratulations!! How exciting! I was wondering if she was here yet! What is her name? I assume besides the jaundice everything is ok? What did they name her?
    @brown6267 Awesome steps! Over 17,000 is amazing!!
    @Mrsbell8well Sounds like a nice day! I am glad your headache went away and you were able to enjoy!
    @phoebe112476 Ugh! Glad you are feeling better now. Safe travels.
    @CassieGetsFit2013 You got this Cassie!
    @lennoncpa That is so cool! What an interesting and fun way to do a triathalon!
    @KUMEcyclingteam That looks delicious! You have really set yourself up for a good week my friend! BAM! Dinner is done!! And I did notice the mini bam but didn't know what it was Lol!
    @tryingagain5 Good thing you had the date and time checked, especially since the doctor uses that data. Seems like you had a productive weekend. Good luck with the job search. Hopefully you hear back from that job you applied for.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,453 Member
    Let's not forget the Leaping-groundhogs challenge!

Sunday's challenge-Day 22 - February 23. Discovering the most effective eating and exercise regime is often a question of experimentation until you find the one that works best for you. What have you tried? What have you discovered that did NOT work for you? Quote of the day - “I have not failed 500 times. I have successfully discovered 500 ways that do not work.”

mg0kidv6zpca.png

The link- https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10783307/leaping-groundhogs-the-02-2020-questions-challenge#latest
  • #Monslay check in...

Up with the birds, cycled to work. If I ignore the incredibly steep hill right by my house that only electric bikes cycle up, I cycled up every other hill to and from work today. And there are some big ones that just about made me cry to walk up a few weeks back. And that hill by my house is going down soon. It will not conquer me!

Other than that, I'm starving and I'm going to wind up over calories for the day but on balance for the week I'm fine. Heaps of water, and I walked 10km yesterday for exercise.

I had a migraine on Friday/Saturday and the walk really helped clear the final bits of it. My recovery from migraines is so much quicker when I'm fitter, it's crazy.

@timibotkin awesome stepping you're getting in there!

@lennoncpa I'm happy your hummus turned out well, and that gym challenge sounds awesome. I would have been all over that a few years back (before I was broken lol)

@tryingagain5 Good luck with the job search/application

@KUMEcyclingteam Yummy looking food!

@nstephenson01 I really need to have a good clean out of clothes. I have so many different sizes, but stuff I know I won't wear again. Every so often I go through and donate stuff but I'm well over due to do so!

@CassieGetsFit2013 Just keep going! The scale is a fickle master, and it doesn't tell the whole truth! So many things unrelated to fat loss can effect scale weight, but it all evens out in the end. It can just take time. Make sure to take measurements as well (which I also need to do!) Even if you know this, I'm saying it because I know after losing 160lbs I used to get so frustrated when the scale didn't move. I knew why, but I let it frustrate me and in the end it's not worth it. Time will pass, the scale will move. Keep going, you got this!

@ljdanny Congratulations on grandbaby!

@sleepymom5 and @Cafelelia keep being your awesome selves, you two rock!
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    02/23 steps 11755
This discussion has been closed.