TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (March)

Options

Replies

• KT587
    KT587 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Kristy, 46, social worker living in Knoxville Tennessee. Proud mom to zaylynn a 3 year old blue heeler mix.

I have struggled with my weight most my life. My earliest memories connect to food... My dad died when I was 4 and I remember my friends giving me chocolate... And our neighbors were always giving me food. Not knowing what to say or do....

My mom always said I would lose the baby fat... Until I didn't and then it began the many rounds of diets.... Needless to say...I continued to gain and gain.

I started my weight loss journey again last year for the last time! I started at 326 and I'm currently at 293. I was not taking care of myself and was in a grief cycle that was not healthy. I ended up in the hospital for medical reasons and began to come out of the fog. It was a good wake up call... So I'm here now with hope to continue this journey I'm on. I'm excited to see the 280's this coming month!
  • richmondwriter
    richmondwriter Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I am a 54-year-old empty nester and the mom of two grown children. Over the past 10-15 years, I have steadily packed on the pounds.

Every day, I walk my 15-year-old Great Dane/Lab mix. He is very slow and stops to smell everything, so I really need to add some cardio to my routine. I hope this month my planned couch to 10K program with my daughter will finally take off. I also would like to add barre twice a week for strength training.

I am counting calories. My husband is also on a diet--Atkins, much more restrictive--so I feel guilty having snack food around, which is good. He's been much more successful than me, though I am slooooowly losing weight. I am trying to eat more protein and vegetables so that I feel full longer. I always seem to be too low on protein each day. I am also trying to reduce my cholesterol by dietary means. My doctor will be putting me on medication if I do not.

I am motivated by others, so really appreciate this group. Many thanks to coordinators @cmhubbard92 and @brandi_84 for all their hard work. Brandi, can you add me to the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge?

Best of luck to everyone!
  • GuessimGryffindor
    GuessimGryffindor Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Names Herb 40 yr. Currently 248. my high was 260 a couple months ago. My 41st will be the end of May and would really like to be under 200. Exercise and working out has always been the easiest part for me my real struggle is eating right and consistently. Hoping to stay active in the group!

We all have our struggles and are working towards our goals whatever they may be, and though we may falter we will not fail so long as we continue forward!

You are all beautiful and I wish the best of success for you!!
  • Runnerjess119
    Runnerjess119 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello Team! I am not totally sure if I am posting correctly (I found this reply box all the way at the bottom of the page! 😂) Anyway, I’m Jess, and I’m excited for the accountability this month :) I put on about ten pounds since the summer after moving for a new job...and I’d love to take it off again!
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Hello Team! I am not totally sure if I am posting correctly (I found this reply box all the way at the bottom of the page! 😂) Anyway, I’m Jess, and I’m excited for the accountability this month :) I put on about ten pounds since the summer after moving for a new job...and I’d love to take it off again!

Hi Jess! Good to have you on Team TBBT.
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Hi all! Names Herb 40 yr. Currently 248. my high was 260 a couple months ago. My 41st will be the end of May and would really like to be under 200. Exercise and working out has always been the easiest part for me my real struggle is eating right and consistently. Hoping to stay active in the group!

We all have our struggles and are working towards our goals whatever they may be, and though we may falter we will not fail so long as we continue forward!

@GuessimGryffindor
    Herb, I completely understand your struggle. It is easy for me to get up and exercise because it can be fun. But, eating right seems so hard because the wrong foods can seem easier and a lot of the time they are SO delicious.
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Username: Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Weigh in week: March, Week 1
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Week's weight: 165.4
    Todays Weight: 168

Not a good start for me. I had a hard week. I'm pretty sure I haven't gained a whole 2.6lbs, I'm just retaining pizza and chocolate and crisps and... :confounded: and it'll be gone in a few days.

@GuessimGryffindor You're so right about exercise being the easy part and eating right being the hard part. I'm the same. :disappointed:

@cmhubbard92 @brandi_84 Can you add me to the spreadsheet for the mini challenge too please?
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    Username: Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Weigh in week: March, Week 1
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Week's weight: 165.4
    Todays Weight: 168

Not a good start for me. I had a hard week. I'm pretty sure I haven't gained a whole 2.6lbs, I'm just retaining pizza and chocolate and crisps and... :confounded: and it'll be gone in a few days.

@GuessimGryffindor You're so right about exercise being the easy part and eating right being the hard part. I'm the same. :disappointed:

@cmhubbard92 @brandi_84 Can you add me to the spreadsheet for the mini challenge too please?

@Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel No stress Sandra! I'm drooling over all the yummy stuff you enjoyed! I have to make new pages for the spreadsheet, but will definitely add you! Do you have a step goal you would like to set?

I really slacked last month, and will have to REALLY focus on keeping it updated and getting the results out each week! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    Hi my name's Krystal. I've been with my husband for 17.5 years (married for 12 of them) we have a 14 year old daughter who keeps life... Interesting, to say the least, but I try to take one "teen-drama" day at a time and always keep a positive perspective. I am a Florida native but we did move away for a few years to a farming town an hour south of Chicago, which was a total bust but that's a diff story...

This is the "Why I'm here" story:
    From the age of 4 until 17 I was a professional swimmer and I was always strong and confident as a kid. Fast forward to approaching the age of 32 and 213lbs I looked in the mirror and I finally said "what are you doing??" I was very uncomfortable in my own skin, I was pulling my back out every few months by just sitting at my desk. I felt tired and bloated and I was unrecognizable to myself! In my mind I was that same swimmer. I just always knew that deep inside, I had an athletic competitor's ability to focus and win blue ribbons, so I could always bounce back if I wanted to. Unfortunately, I ALSO have an Olympic-sized ability to overeat and of course when I stopped swimming twice a day there was no way to stop me from what seemed like my mission to be obese.

I started my WL journey in April of 2016. Over the next 3 years I took my time researching and familiarizing myself with the keto diet then I would get off, see the scale inching up then get back on it and by the end of 2018 I was down to 185lbs. THEN I joined THIS group and went into beast mode!

Once I left the group I watched the scale gradually go back up to 165 and so now I'm coming back to hopefully get a much needed reboot.

My weight loss journey stats(reminder to myself):

May 2016 Journey SW: 213
    July 2017: 200
    Nov 2018: 189
    2019(Note: When I started food logging and The Biggest Loser Challenge):
    January 2019 SW: 185
    February SW: 175
    March SW: 168
    April SW: 162.6
    May SW: 161.8
    June SW: 159.7
    July 2019 SW: 155.6

I'm back today
    Feb 23 2019 SW: 164.8

Let's go Team! (I'm sure this will be my longest post ever 😁)

@Krysless2 I am so glad you are back with us again, Krystal! I didn't realize it had been quite a while since you left us! Time has been flying, I guess!

I hope the group brings back much of the success you were experiencing before! I will also add you to the step/water challenge... Would you like me to multiply your daily goal by 7 to get your weekly goal? :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Hello TBBT teammates! For the new people, my name is Amber. I’m 28 years old and I live in southern Michigan. I’ve been overweight for my entire life starting as a toddler. I just loved food and I loved to eat. When big traumatic stuff would happen, I’d binge eat. Like eat a whole bag of potato chips or eat a half of a half gallon of ice cream. Then after I’d eat so much, I always felt guilty. In January of 2012, I saw the scale read 297 and I knew I had to change. For the first 2 years on MyFitnessPal, I went from 297 to 217 and I feel like it was cuz I did challenges like this one to motivate me. I felt so confident in myself and I was feeling the best I ever been! Not too long after that, my dad passed away. And I turned back to old habits and just stopped caring. Within 2 years, I gained back everything I lost and gained extra weight on top of that.

However when I saw the scale read 330 last year, I stopped feeling sorry for myself and finally picked myself up again. Most of last year, I kept going back and forth with tracking and not tracking. And I stood in a standstill when I got down to 315.

That was until February of this year when I decided to buckle down and fully commit to my journey. And this past month made me realize I can do it if I try. Since I made progress, I’m not giving up! That’s how I did it the first time, not giving up!

I can’t wait to see everyone transform! Feel free to add me if you want. Sorry for the long story, but I feel like I can keep writing once I start lol

@rawrxamberx you did an amazing job in February! I am sorry to hear about the loss of your father! I can relate, with loss attributing to much of my weight gain the first time! I know that you show the dedication needed to kick butt this month! You did amazing last month and are a great asset to our team! Don't give up! We will be here to support you! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Hey all... My name is Sarah. Great to be back to the TBBT! This is my 3rd month and I'm loving the accountability from just needing to weigh in and report. This is a really supportive group and I enjoy reading all the motivating posts. I started in January and am down 11 lbs... I've kind of hit a plateau over the last few weeks... but a friend just convinced me to run a half marathon so I'm hoping that helps. I HATE running, but am starting to train and adding yoga 2x/week to keep me from getting too tense. We'll see how it goes!

I'm a busy working mom of 3. Live in Wisconsin... up in the cold. I spend all my free time driving my kids to practice or watching their games. Up this month Drama, gymnastics and track.

@sarahannsuarez welcome to another month of TBBT Sarah! We are glad to have you here with us again! While your loss may have slowed, just remember the new activity could be causing water retention and the hold up on the scales! As long as you are putting in the work, the results will show on the scale! We are here for you! Keep working hard and we'll be here cheering you on!

On a side note, I hope to pick up my running again once I'm over this flu! For me, it is a big stress relief and I find enjoyment when I get back in to the swing of it. Hopefully, if you don't put too much stress on yourself, you will begin to enjoy it too!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    hapamama23 wrote: »
    Hello all, I am new here. My name is Samantha and I live in Southern California. I am a 44 year old wife, homeschooling mom to 3 kids (almost 14,12,7) and photographer. I have been overweight pretty much my entire life, but I really started gaining weight after my 3rd child was born and I turned 40. I am up to 218 lbs and would ultimately like to lose 60 lbs. I haven't been under 200 in 8 years, so that is a mini goal for now. Thanks for having me on your team!

@hapamama23 welcome Samantha! Welcome to TBBT :) I like that you are setting 200 as a mini goal, which is a great idea! It's a short, attainable goal, and you can achieve it! :)
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 Can you set my step goal at 10,000 a day (or 70,000 a week) please?
    Also, when I post my water intake for the day do I post in cups or oz? :smile:
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    sekotsjd wrote: »
    Hey Team!
    I'm Daniel. I used to be a middle school teacher but recently transitioned into a new role at the University of Nebraska. With this, and with being in a relationship I have really packed on the pounds the past year! I joined this team last month (February) and have had some great success with being held accountable and working towards a goal! I am excited to keep working at this during March! I know this is so far away but I am in a wedding in November and I wanna look GOOD! I also wanna do a half marathon again... it has been three years since I did my first one and I think that was really helpful to me back then. I'm the type of person that does better when I have a goal I am working towards! I try and post every day about how things went that day.... weekends usually get away from me though ;)

Good luck everyone on TBBT!!

@sekotsjd we are glad to have you back with us for another month, Daniel! You had an AMAZING month with wonderful losses last month! I love the motivation you have for the wedding in November, which makes your goal definitely attainable! Continue posting every day! While I don't always respond to every post, I enjoy reading everyone's posts about how their day went or what they managed for the mini challenges! Keep up the amazing work this month!!!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    KT587 wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I'm Kristy, 46, social worker living in Knoxville Tennessee. Proud mom to zaylynn a 3 year old blue heeler mix.

I have struggled with my weight most my life. My earliest memories connect to food... My dad died when I was 4 and I remember my friends giving me chocolate... And our neighbors were always giving me food. Not knowing what to say or do....

My mom always said I would lose the baby fat... Until I didn't and then it began the many rounds of diets.... Needless to say...I continued to gain and gain.

I started my weight loss journey again last year for the last time! I started at 326 and I'm currently at 293. I was not taking care of myself and was in a grief cycle that was not healthy. I ended up in the hospital for medical reasons and began to come out of the fog. It was a good wake up call... So I'm here now with hope to continue this journey I'm on. I'm excited to see the 280's this coming month!

@KT587 welcome to TBBT, Kristy! And thank you for the friend request! I would like to start off by saying what amazing progress you have had so far, losing 33 pounds already! You can do this, as you have already put great effort in to do so!!! You have a great goal for this month, and I will be cheering you into the 280s!!! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I am a 54-year-old empty nester and the mom of two grown children. Over the past 10-15 years, I have steadily packed on the pounds.

Every day, I walk my 15-year-old Great Dane/Lab mix. He is very slow and stops to smell everything, so I really need to add some cardio to my routine. I hope this month my planned couch to 10K program with my daughter will finally take off. I also would like to add barre twice a week for strength training.

I am counting calories. My husband is also on a diet--Atkins, much more restrictive--so I feel guilty having snack food around, which is good. He's been much more successful than me, though I am slooooowly losing weight. I am trying to eat more protein and vegetables so that I feel full longer. I always seem to be too low on protein each day. I am also trying to reduce my cholesterol by dietary means. My doctor will be putting me on medication if I do not.

I am motivated by others, so really appreciate this group. Many thanks to coordinators @cmhubbard92 and @brandi_84 for all their hard work. Brandi, can you add me to the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge?

Best of luck to everyone!

@richmondwriter welcome to another month!!! I am wishing you the best success in this new month!!! I hope you can find the perfect mix for your protein/veg combo!!! I usually have double servings of meat(usually chicken) with a big plate of greens for dinner, but that changes occasionally as my boyfriend gets sick of all my "healthy food".
  • cmhubbard92
    Options

@GuessimGryffindor welcome again, Herb! Once again, we are happy to have you continuing with us into the March challenge! I would like to say that being under 200 by the end of May seems like a large goal, but if you do it safely, you may be able to achieve it! :) I think if you weigh less than you do now, no matter what the number is, would be a win for your birthday, too! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options

@Runnerjess119 Hi Jess! Welcome to TBBT! You definitely did respond correctly! If you ever want to directly reply to someone, you could also use "quote" under that post, and it will include the post in your response :)

We are excited to have you with us this month!!! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 Can you set my step goal at 10,000 a day (or 70,000 a week) please?
    Also, when I post my water intake for the day do I post in cups or oz? :smile:

@Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel no problem! I will make it 70,000 :) and I post in the spreadsheet in ounces, but if you post cups, I generally assume 8oz for each cup(unless you say different)...
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,926 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    Hi my name's Krystal. I've been with my husband for 17.5 years (married for 12 of them) we have a 14 year old daughter who keeps life... Interesting, to say the least, but I try to take one "teen-drama" day at a time and always keep a positive perspective. I am a Florida native but we did move away for a few years to a farming town an hour south of Chicago, which was a total bust but that's a diff story...

This is the "Why I'm here" story:
    From the age of 4 until 17 I was a professional swimmer and I was always strong and confident as a kid. Fast forward to approaching the age of 32 and 213lbs I looked in the mirror and I finally said "what are you doing??" I was very uncomfortable in my own skin, I was pulling my back out every few months by just sitting at my desk. I felt tired and bloated and I was unrecognizable to myself! In my mind I was that same swimmer. I just always knew that deep inside, I had an athletic competitor's ability to focus and win blue ribbons, so I could always bounce back if I wanted to. Unfortunately, I ALSO have an Olympic-sized ability to overeat and of course when I stopped swimming twice a day there was no way to stop me from what seemed like my mission to be obese.

I started my WL journey in April of 2016. Over the next 3 years I took my time researching and familiarizing myself with the keto diet then I would get off, see the scale inching up then get back on it and by the end of 2018 I was down to 185lbs. THEN I joined THIS group and went into beast mode!

Once I left the group I watched the scale gradually go back up to 165 and so now I'm coming back to hopefully get a much needed reboot.

My weight loss journey stats(reminder to myself):

May 2016 Journey SW: 213
    July 2017: 200
    Nov 2018: 189
    2019(Note: When I started food logging and The Biggest Loser Challenge):
    January 2019 SW: 185
    February SW: 175
    March SW: 168
    April SW: 162.6
    May SW: 161.8
    June SW: 159.7
    July 2019 SW: 155.6

I'm back today
    Feb 23 2019 SW: 164.8

Let's go Team! (I'm sure this will be my longest post ever 😁)

@Krysless2 I am so glad you are back with us again, Krystal! I didn't realize it had been quite a while since you left us! Time has been flying, I guess!

I hope the group brings back much of the success you were experiencing before! I will also add you to the step/water challenge... Would you like me to multiply your daily goal by 7 to get your weekly goal? :)

Yes, please! So weekly step goal:
    7 × 7500...And thank you Christine! It looks like you're doing a wonderful job as Captain.
This discussion has been closed.