Options

Replies

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Friday (Yesterday) Check-in
    Calories: under; all good, on-plan choices
    Exercise: lots of housecleaning, but no formal workout; declared it my rest day for the week
    Water: on track
    Habit Tracking
    - Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min) ✔️
    - Meditation (daily 2+ min) ✔️
    - M.A. Forms Practice (daily 2+ min) ✔️
    - Exercise (6 x week/45+ min) (no but will get in my 6 for the week)
    - Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily) ✔️
    Goals
    - Grocery shopping ✔️
    - Project work ✔️

Goals and Improvements for Today (Saturday)
    Habit Tracking
    - Meditation (daily 2+ min)** ✔️
    - Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min)
    - M.A. Forms Practice (daily 2+ min)
    - Exercise (6 x week/45+ min) - want to do an outdoor walk today!
    - Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily)
    Goals
    - Project work (virtual, but like a fulltime job today) ✔️
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 - We are just happy you checked in. It's been a distracting week.
    You pretty much maintained, so you have clearly done well this week, even if you wish you had done more. Keep it up!

@Digger61 , @mlhopp93 - Great weigh-in! Congratulations!

@TeresaW1020 - :heart: :heart: :heart:

@bethanie0825 - Oh, my, so sorry that allergies are a challenge right now. I get the lonesomeness at work, but am glad that your environment can be that low-risk. Thanks for doing your work. I was just this morning reading/listening to a New Your Times story that included excerpts from a set of 911 calls, and was struck at the calm, professionalism and helpfulness that the dispatchers brought to the calls.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    uw4mabfp75i7.jpeg
    The themes are up for week 4 of the March challenge. The link is below and we start tomorrow!
    Most of us are at home a lot more these days. Understandably, we are all feeling increased levels of stress and anxiety. A lot of our usual coping mechanisms have been shut down, like gyms, places of worship, cafes and favorite shops. This week is about self care, our mental health and staying motivated thorough this difficult time.

Motivation Monday
    Now more than ever, practicing kindness and gratitude can help us and others through this time. Post a photo or describe what you are thankful for or an act of kindness in your life (whether you gave or received that kindness).

Transformation Tuesday
    A lot of the places that we go to for self care are closed. It could be your place of worship, support group, salon, spa, gym, local pool, or neighbourhood cafe. All kinds of diy ideas and videos have popped up on how to do things for ourselves at home. Show or tell us about one way that you have transformed your self care while staying at home.

Workout Wednesday
    Whether we feel like it or not, we need to keep moving during this difficult time. Post a selfie from or tell us about one aspect your home workout routine.

Thirsty Thursday
    Seems like I am making way more soup lately. Post your recipe or a photo of for your favorite soup. I know that soup is a food, but it is liquid too!

Food for Thought Friday
    Post a your favorite motivational quote. It can be a photo or text, but please share anything that is helping you right now.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10787221/march-spring-it-forward-photo-challenge#latest
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 I simply don;t know how you could have forgotten. It's not like there's anything going on in the world right now is there? :D

@AustinRuadhain I was listening to the radio a few minutes ago and they totally just said doing housework burns calories.

Well I stuck to my goals a little better today:

-social media limits- yes
    -sitting limited times- yes
    -moisturizer- 1/3 > this is always hard for me to do when I'm stressed. It just feels like I don't have time or something. But it's a good self-care thing for me.
    -wash my face at night- eh. We'll see. Same as above. A good self-care thing for me. I do always wash it every morning of course.
    - back stretches- I did ok today.

Tomorrow is one week since all hell broke loose as they say. I need to set new goals for the week and be more creative and rigorous with exercise/indulging. It's been a tough week for both those things.

I did my stair climbing routine today, only partially bc I was really tired, and then half way through this guy came with the same idea and I wasn't comfortable with the idea of panting and gasping for air going up the stairs next to some guy - social distancing!- so I had to stop for 15 minutes until he left.

My peaceful moment today: I went out early, and it was cold but sunny and very peaceful out on the path in the park where the stairs are.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,082 Member
    Options
    Hello Slimpossibles!

You will be joined soon by the first two new members for the April challenge. They are @Shoop69 and @gunderw59

If you don't see them show up here in the next couple of days, let me know! Enjoy getting to know them :heart:
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,571 Member
    Options
    @its_cleo Darnit, I posted a bunch of links to you and accidentally hit the back button and lost all of my responses to everyone! Les Mills Body Combat is the hardest workout I've done and I couldn't do any of the high impact stuff. This is less than 3 minutes but if she and the song don't make you smile I don't know what will!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7aLjjkB9JQ

I did the second of Sidney Cummings today, another MFP friend told me about her and I like her cardio and strength training. I unfortunately did the jumping stuff and my back's a mess now, guess it serves me right for getting carried away and not keeping it low impact. Anyhow, she suggests stuff to modify, I was just trying to get my stupid Fitbit heartrate up and made things harder than they should've been. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVQJZE_on7It_pEv6tn-jdA

Joanna Soh's challenges are fun, I do the 5 minute plank one every day, have done the 10,000 step challenge twice, and did the 10,000 squat challenge today. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnP_T4dI2JYG7BnH42PC9qw

I've been doing Leslie Sansone 3 mile Fat Burning walk, this one uses light weights, I've done it twice this week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr41_8QOTF8

The Indian cooking class sounds awesome, I need to look into something like that! I have a lot of recipes saved, I need to stop looking at more as I get overwhelmed with too many and buy random ingredients when I see them on sale and can't find the recipes afterward!

@TeresaW1020 Do you get non-stick foil at the grocery store, I've never heard of it? Sounds like exactly what I need! If you don't have the salmon recipe let me know, I don't mind typing it up.

@mlhopp93 nice loss, wtg!

@digger61 It's great to see you, another pound down!

@raleighgirl09 Good to see you, hope you had a great conversation!

• Katmary71
    Options
    @its_cleo sounds like it was a good day overall for you, I'm glad! Way to go on hitting the stairs and taking time to yourself at the park.

@Shoop69 and @gunderw59 Welcome to the group!

Saturday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- You Tube videos, walking, cleaning
    Water- over

Habits
    Weights 3xs a week- body parts done!
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    yoga/strength- done aside of side planks, can't do today
    Decluttering- Oh man did I kill it today! I took all my bags of beans, legumes, and grains and got all the glass jars I saved and labeled and filled them. I spent a crazy amount of time organizing by type and size and have one-and-a-half shelves, no wonder there was such a big stack of bulk bin bags! I ended up reorganizing an already organized pantry and made myself a full shelf of tea and coffee, it's sad how proud I am of my pantry! Now I want to empty all the jars and scrub the labels all the way off, it's the only thing ruining how it looks.
    10,000 steps- done, hit 25,000
    Recipe- made Dijon-Maple Chicken with Brussels and Sweet Potatoes. It's another Skinnytaste recipe, it originally had butternut squash instead of sweet potatoes but I want to save my butternut squash for something else. Luckily it came out really good since I'll be eating it for three more nights! It's from the One and Done cookbook. I'm on a Dijon mustard kick, it's another one of those things I didn't appreciate before and love now.

I'm so mad at myself right now, I'm normally careful about high impact stuff but was determined to get in as good of a leg workout as possible so I don't lose my gym progress and did some high impact stuff and now all around my back fusions are inflamed. You'd think after 30 years of back problems I'd know better! I was talking to my brother the other day about how much better I can move now compared to when I was over-medicated and bedridden only going out to see a doctor once a month. It's still hard to believe I'm able to move around now after so many years going by. I guess if I needed a reminder of how it used to be I'm getting it with this flare-up. I'm hoping a good night's rest will help and workout tomorrow depends on how I'm feeling. If I do anything it'll likely be the bike since I'm supported but that may be a bust too. Planks are a total bust, that's when I realized I pushed too hard when I couldn't hold it. Meanwhile the bulk box of cat litter finally came and I barely got it in the house, I'll have to keep it by the front door and take scoops to the bathrooms, I ordered a 40lb box. I'm trying to stay positive here!

• apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Weigh in
    Apple852hk
    Week 4 - Mar 2020
    Sunday
    PW 159.1lbs (72.2kg)
    CW 157.4 lbs (71.4kg)

After no loss last week foing much better this week.
    Gourged on 5 granola bars yesterday but as i didn't eat badly during the week it was just a hiccup.
    Being more conscious of portion size. One day I ate relative's left over pasta meal; instead of eating as a whole meal - I divided the pasta into two portions to eat the next day instead of one sitting then filled the rest of the plate with veggies.

This week for breakfast I had yoghurt instead of hot cross buns which helped. Need to finish and eat the kiwi. Its been a week and still not eaten it.

With Covid-19; I'm hoping that I'll eat less to conserve what food I have. I usually eat fresh food and only thing canned is sardines.

Wishing everyone a great week ahead.

GOALS next week
    1. Eat yoghurt for breakfast instead of high carb hot cross buns
    2. Eat kiwi for a snack instead of a few m&m's

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I slept in until almost 8 am. When life resumes out of my house it’s going to be hard to get back into my normal schedule. There just isn’t any rush to do anything right now. Yesterday, other than my morning workout, which killed my biceps, I have been a total slug! :| Today, I’m vowing that I am going to do something more productive than playing with a jigsaw puzzle and watching the news on my phone. Yes!! I will do those things but AFTER I at least clean out my pantry (thank you @Katmary71 ;) ) and do other household chores. I did go out and play in the yard with my little Maggie Mae a couple of times yesterday. It was so warm and sunny! B)

@raleighgirl09, great attitude on that little bump on the scale. I agree that it's just one of the many tools that we need to use to gauge our progress. This morning my scale is up a bit too, but my arms are killing me from two days of workouts that focused on my arms, chest, and back muscles. It’s great that you are staying connected to your family. :)

@its_cleo, good job on sticking to your goals and yes, you need to make sure to do lots of self-care. <3 Feels much longer than a week since we have been dealing with being locked down in our homes and who knows how much longer before we get the all-clear. Ugghhhh we all need to work on staying peaceful and busy! :/

@Katmary71, wow good job on your decluttering! You make me want to get into my pantry today and reorganize it. I have been buying lots of extra stuff and just putting it wherever. I’ve made the Dijon-Maple Chicken before and it is good. And I LOVE Brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes roasted together. Bitter and sweet yumminess! <3 Ohhh my goodness what is wrong with you…and me for that matter, that we keep hurting ourselves working out! Don’t do anything but rest until your back is better. (((hugs)))

Yes, I buy the foil at Walmart! Here is a pic showing what to look for.

tutt7bx0ew9o.jpg

@apple852hk, yayyy for a great weigh-in!! You made good choices and it showed. Keep it up! B)

@Shoop69 and @gunderw59, we are so glad to have you on Team Mission Slimpossibles. It’s a little quieter here right now, so please feel free to jump in to help us get to know you better. :)

jm96kslby9n3.png

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    82n8vg80hxly.jpg
    onif4ennfbdk.png
    u7itm7za0cr2.png
    cl3109kxljvt.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Waist Aways 0.45%
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 0.26%
    3rd Shrinking Assets 0.22%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Waist Aways 19.8 Lbs
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 9.9 Lbs
    3rd Shrinking Assets 8.4 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @nbbaby 2.68 %
    2nd @simbersea 2.34%
    3rd @DreaRN15 2.23%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @DreaRN15 6.2 Lbs
    2nd @nbbaby 5.9 Lbs
    3rd @evangsimmons170 4.8 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @CassieGetsFit2013
    @Steph1498
    @deniners2
    @dillyg08
    @cre804
    @Beka3695
    @lindamtuck2018
    @Freeglerock

ftyg2p9w2vig.png
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    4am04d4oh3ee.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS ON REACHING ONEDERLAND!!!!

@cre804
    @dillyg08
    @schlerin
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work!!! :)

83xv78oc9j8b.png
  • gunderw59
    gunderw59 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello guys, so glad to be a member of your team !! Looking forward to April !!
    A little about me
    Just plain old Texas boy 60 yo
    Started my fitness journey May 6th 2019 at a whopping 285 lbs.
    I joined my local CrossFit gym that day working out 4 days a week
    I started getting serious about nutrition about a month ago and have logged every bite since starting.
    My current weight is 239 so I have made some progress to date
    My gym was closed on Friday due to the virus outbreak
    I am hoping not to lose my focus and will continue workouts from home
    Looking forward to your added support and hopefully I can encourage each of you as well
    Thanks for reading and you can call me Corky.
  • its_cleo
    Options
    Hey @gunderw59 or Corky - welcome to the group. What a great journey! I'm really in awe at people that do crossfit. It's tough when the gym is closed. I just about cried when my gym closed too. People have been posting different workouts. Cardio can be replaced pretty easily but it's hard to replace strength training if you don't have weights etc.

There is a link somewhere with resources. I think on the main page. We also have a pretty cool habit tracker spreadsheet everyone can use to track their good habits (you choose your own).

I'm cleo- all the way north in Canada. I love strength training and heavy lifting so I really miss it. Ontario is in a state of emergency so although we can go out, I've been working from home etc.

Checkin

PW: 156.2
    CW: 158.2

Sorry guys. It's been a really rough week for me with the shut down. Trying to just rally for a new week and move forward.

Wanted to note some accomplishments based on my goals for the last week:

-limited some of my social media time
    -did some self care with washing my face, using moisturizer etc
    -did 5 mins of Leslie Sansone to wake me up almost every day
    -did my wrist work for my arthritis every other day (should be every day but I kept with it half time)
    -limited my sitting time and tried to do mobility work to help my back

In the last 4 weeks I met my calorie goal 2/4 weeks.

Goals for this week

1. Limit social media time.
    2. Phone off 30 mins before bed and stay off until 6 am.
    3. Wash my face every night/use moisturizer.
    4. Start doing my normal mobility routine.
    5. Limit sitting and do mobility for my back with each standing break.
    6. Do an emotional check in once a day.

Whew I think that's it. Also on tap this week 7-8 activities, just not sure what yet.

-jogx2
    -stair routinex1
    -strength training with trainer x1 (I am going to try to see him)
    -core workout x1
    -2 more strength training by myself
    -optional cardio workout at home. I may do more of these than planned will see. The stairs and the jogging really take a lot out of my legs so I do need rest days but if I can do more cardio while I'm at home I'd like to.

• its_cleo
    Options
    @Katmary71 I do like the first video with the music from Grease. Will check out those other ones at some point this week. I really like Leslie Sansone, it is just mild and light. I feel like it's a good warmup for 10 minutes or something. ....so sorry about the back fusions! I really hope with some rest and just easing back into exercise slowly it will be ok. It happens to all of us. I think everyone that loves working out, and challenging themselves has the occasional moment where something goes awry. It's all a learning experience I guess.

I saw the picture of your pantry- it looks so nice. I really need to get some nice containers for my dry goods.

@apple852hk yeah the granolas were just one blip. Congrats on the loss!

@TeresaW1020 yes it will be hard to get back to normal whenever all of this ends. Honestly I am thinking end of April? Maybe that's too optimistic.

Take care all.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Sunday check in

Enjoyed my video chat with the grandbaby - she was thrilled as she is usually not allowed screen time. Her parents are giving some on that because of all of us practicing social distancing. I've known the term for all of a week - and what a week it has been.

I am determined to maintain my focus on goals and to be as healthy and fit as possible during and after this crisis. Such a painful situation cannot be allowed to just take away so much with recognizing that there are lessons to be learned and that we can come away with something positive.

@Digger61 and @mlhopp93 congrats on the loss, way to go! :):):)
    @Shoop69 and @gunderw59 welcome welcome to Team Slimpossibles!! => Zowie Corky - great progress!!! You'll find a couple folks on the team have been and do share a lot that can be done from home. Any tips you have for that are welcomed!
    gunderw59 wrote: »
    Hello guys, so glad to be a member of your team !! Looking forward to April !!
    A little about me
    Just plain old Texas boy 60 yo
    Started my fitness journey May 6th 2019 at a whopping 285 lbs.
    I joined my local CrossFit gym that day working out 4 days a week
    I started getting serious about nutrition about a month ago and have logged every bite since starting.
    My current weight is 239 so I have made some progress to date
    My gym was closed on Friday due to the virus outbreak
    I am hoping not to lose my focus and will continue workouts from home
    Looking forward to your added support and hopefully I can encourage each of you as well
    Thanks for reading and you can call me Corky.

@TeresaW1020 right there with ya on already thinking about how easy it has been to settle into sleeping a little later every day versus just the weekend! Not to mention, when I do get back to the office, they are bound to expect me to wear pants every day, sheesh! And the Next Generation meme was such a crackup!!
    @apple852hk congrats on the loss!! Great idea for portion control of yummy stuff, and you get to enjoy it twice!
    @Katmary71 gahhhhh, so sorry you find yourself a bit inflamed and sore! It's tough when the spirit is willing and the body shuts down the drive... =< I hope some rest of laying low on high impact with have you back in order in no time. My hubby has experienced something similar (but less severe). He used a cane years ago in his 30s and was happy when he could walk a half mile. He's now cane free, very active, and has much better control of his chronic pain - which losing weight has helped tremendously. He feels better at 56 than he did at 36!
    @its_cleo Yeah - I was certainly distracted by a little bit of world news..... => I have been thinking a lot, too, about doing a better job keeping in some of my routines. I think I am for much of the time but the getting dressed is a challenge for some reason. At least moving to two walks a day means I get dressed earlier but I need to get showered and dressed before work, I think it would help this feel an inch closer to normal. Love how you constantly tweak your goals for improvement - and a new week is a fresh opportunity to inch down the numbers. =>
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @apple852hk Congratulations on your loss! Sounds like you're doing great, good job on choosing a healthier breakfast.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you for posting a picture of the foil, I'm definitely going to look for it as that salmon was amazing but I don't want to have to turn on the house fan to catch smoke so the alarms stay off! Did you end up cleaning out your pantry? Out of everything the pantry and refrigerator have been the most rewarding as it makes meal planning, cooking, and shopping so much easier being able to easily see what I have. The bathroom is pretty great too but I'd honestly pick organized kitchen first. It sounds like you're familiar with skinnytaste recipes, what are your favorites? I was thinking of trying one of the cabbage recipes but with turkey instead of pork such as egg roll in a bowl.

Congratulations @nbbaby @davors19 and @gwamajtw91 great job on getting on the leaderboard!

@gunderw59 Hi Corky, I'm glad you're part of our team now! How do you like Crossfit? You've lost a lot of weight in the last year, way to go! My gym didn't close until Tuesday, my last day was Friday then I chose to stay home Monday. I really miss the stair treadmill and weights! I've done a lot of You Tube videos this last week, if there's anything you're looking for I can let you know some of the ones I thought was a good workout. If you're doing CrossFit you're probably in pretty good shape.

@its_cleo You accomplished a lot last week and sounds like you have a good plan for the upcoming one. One of my habits to work on was social media too. I used to get up and check in MFP and drink my coffee, instead I've been marching in place with the laptop on the counter to check in while drinking my coffee the last couple days instead of reading and marching for 30 minutes, I don't know if that's really progress or not since I'm still coming online! It sounds like you work out pretty hard, even just dancing around counts as exercise and dance music is always fun and cheerful. I look forward to hearing what you do for your workout activities!

@raleighgirl09 I agree about staying on track right now, so many people in the health groups I'm in on Facebook are binging right now. I keep telling myself one of the only things I have control of right now is my response to all this. It's definitely not always easy and I'm struggling with being alone so much but it's tough for everyone right now. I'm glad your husband is doing so much better now, that's how I feel too about being healthier now than I have been in years.

• Katmary71
    Options
    Sunday check-in

Calories- under
    Exercise- dance, yoga, bike
    Water- over

Habits
    Weights 3xs a week legs/arms, core unsure right now- done, not sure about tomorrow, maybe light weights?
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Strength/yoga- no strength today, yoga felt so incredible I stayed on the floor and did more stretches after riding the bike. My legs are super-tight from doing two leg workouts yesterday hoping doubling it would make it as good as the gym. Yeah, that's how I hurt myself too!
    Decluttering/cleaning- just a little housework. I got the cat litter to the bathrooms but had to use a pushcart to get it there. I got an additional litterbox and one cat's not even using it but digging and flinging litter everywhere so I ended up vacuuming the house after cleaning it up.
    Recipe- will be having the same thing the next few nights. Looking at ways to use my broccoli, cauliflower, zuchinni, and/or green cabbage, I may just end up making a mess of vegetables and putting ground turkey and taco seasonings with it for lettuce wraps. I really like the meal I made last night but it's not very much vegetables. I also can't reheat easy without a microwave and overcooked it in the oven to warm it so it could've been less satisfying because of the dried out chicken.
    10,000 steps- got it!

I found a way to dance around so I did that for a long time while having coffee and did an hour on the bike, thank goodness it's a recumbent bike. I'm not as bad as when I woke up but I'm also slathered in Tiger Balm. It's not a major setback, I'll be okay as long as I take a break from core stuff and anything too jarring. I'm pretty sore from one of the leg workouts from yesterday, wow! That's what I get for trying to make stuff harder to get better home workouts! I used heavier weights yesterday than Leslie Sansone suggested too so I think I was getting a little too bold there. I missed doing new workouts but reading on the bike was comforting and familiar after not doing it since last weekend.

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    03/22/20
    Username: Vegan4lyfe2012
    Weigh in Week: 4
    Weigh in Day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: 192.8
    Today's Weight: 196.2

I give up. And I'm jealous of all of you self-isolators. I work for a County government and, even though my building is closed to the public, we employees all still have to come in to work. And my daughter works as a cashier at a grocery store, so she's still working, too. I am very thankful that we still have work and are still getting paid, but if my job sends us home, I still get paid (thank you, union contract). So I could be getting paid to stay home, relax, rubber stamp some cards, watch movies...etc. So, life goes on in my household. No free time for us :(
This discussion has been closed.