Cornanda
    Friday weigh in
    3/20- week 3
    PW-184.7
    CW-184.9
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    Hello Slimpossibles! Two more new members will be coming your way:
    @annliz23 and @debster634 are ready to roll and should be here soon. I'm sure they'll be welcome and have a great time here. :heart:
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @annliz23 and @debster634, welcome to team Mission Slimpossibles!! We are so glad you here and look forward to getting to know you. Feel free to jump in and start posting!! :)

@Cornanda, girl that tiny blimp on the scale is great considering what we are all going through right now. Wayyyy to maintain!!! B)

@vegan4lyfe2012, well it does suck that your company won’t let you work from home! <3 And you remind me and the rest of us who are at home right now griping that we are stuck and can’t go out that so many of our fellow humans are doing their jobs and in the case of your daughter doing a VERY important job! Hang in there and hopefully, we will all be back to our normal schedule programming soon.

@Katmary71, no I didn’t do any cleaning today. I ended up going into the office to do a little work. As the ministry assistant, I get lots of people wanting info like phone numbers and addresses of other members. So, I went and emailed myself the entire church directory so I can work more efficiently at home. I will have to look up Skinnytaste and see what I’ve made that I can pass on. I collect a lot of recipes on Pinterest and follow many great sites for ideas. I’m glad you are feeling better...but I'm frowning at you pushing the cat littler to the bathroom. :| Those cats aren’t making easier for you are they! :D

@raleighgirl09, see my graphic below. ;):D

@its_cleo, ugghhh! I don’t even know when we will get back to normal. Watching the trend of cases continuing to rise doesn’t make me very hopeful. My husband is in the living room watching something funny on the TV with his headphones on. Maybe I should turn off my news channel and go join him. I could use a laugh. :/

@gunderw59, hello Corky!! :) You have made some amazing progress on your weight loss journey! There are tons of great workout videos online. I do Beachbody on Demand on my Roku and I know that they offer a 14 day free trial.

Hello everyone! I actually left the house today and went to my office and then to the grocery store. I was very excited to find chicken breast and joked with the guy who checked me out that I was on the edge of Googling chicken feet recipes. :o I was a little sad to drive around today and see how in just one week spring has literally sprung forth and all my favorite trees are blooming. I told my DH that as soon as the rain stops in the next couple of days, we are taking the dog and going for a nice long drive and a walk somewhere!!

I saw this graphic and thought it was perfect. Because I hadn’t had jeans on in a few days and YES they were a little snugger than normal. Yikes!!! :#

lwmt7r9u23mb.jpg

• Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 689 Member
    Username: Jactop
    Week: 4
    Weigh-in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 202
    Todays Weight: 201

Slowly creeping down every week but I'll take it
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    @raleighgirl09 yeah if you haven’t worked from home before the little things really help. I do always shower and get dressed, although I just wear sweat pants or something comfortable. I also try to do 5 mins of some kind of activity- walk or something. Like normally I would be taking transit to work but that includes walking in and out etc.

@katmary71 sounds like you’re really pushing yourself and trying to take care at the same time. Standing and marching is definitely better than sitting! Sometimes I stand at my dresser/bureau when I have to write a few things down.

@vegan4lyfe2012 sorry you have to go work!

@TeresaW1020 love the pyjama joke. Same is true of sweatpants, which is what I almost always wear.

@Jactop that’s pretty good considering what we’re all going through.

Well today on my goals:

1. Limit social media time.- Y until dinner.
    2. Phone off 30 mins before bed and stay off until 6 am.—Last night - Y
    3. Wash my face every night/use moisturizer.- Last night- Y
    4. Start doing my normal mobility routine.- Today Y I did some mobility work/warmup before I went for my jog which was good. The run went pretty well.
    5. Limit sitting and do mobility for my back with each standing break.- Limiting sitting- Y. Back stretches- not today but I had a lot of chores to do so I wasn’t sitting that much so it didn’t hurt.
    6. Do an emotional check in once a day.- Y

Today for exercise I went for a jog. Then when I came back to my building I went up the stairs instead of using the elevator. I live on the 10th floor so it was about 100 steps. I was going to do a strength workout but I ran out of time.

Tomorrow I will try to see my trainer at a field behind a school. We will keep a distance from one another.

I’m anxious tonight, I think anxious bc of the shutdown here in Ontario but I have a telecon for work in the morning and it’s making me anxious bc one guy is difficult. It will be fine, but my tolerance/patience/mental well being is in short supply lol.

Cals- have been ok yesterday and today. I think I’m over a bit but not a lot.

Take care all. Feeling pretty tired out.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 689 Member
    raleighgirl09
    Monday check in

Tonight in my journal: A thought I'm working on believing about me is - I can maintain lost weight w/o fear. I can lose to goal w/o drama.

Today's thought for the day overall: the virus crisis is hard to deal with - fear, anxiety, the unknown. I want to be healthy on the other side. I want to take care of myself - for the good of my family and my society. I feel compelled to keep myself healthy to free up resources to help those who could not do that.

@Vegan4lyfe2012 Although I'm at home, I totally get the feeling! I'm working from home so I have the work and the hours without the team - and I have to fight the feelings of distractedness which is very unlike me, usually disciplined when WFH but there is a lot on all of our minds of late. I thanked my Food Lion crew the other day when I was in - I feel like I've always known that our grocery clerks, drive-through staff and convenience store clerks were vital, I have always been happy that there was someone who wanted to do the jobs at the places I rolled up to but it has become so very crystal clear now that those are some very vital positions. My son is a truck driver - we call him a Chicken Runner because he delivers chicken to distribution centers from the Sanderson plant in Kinston, NC. Yeah - pretty crucial that someone is willing to get up at 4:00am and climb into a truck to run the chicken down the road... =>
    @Katmary71 I think I'll do this after work tomorrow.....DANCE! This is my song to get me going, it has been a favorite from the first time I heard it. I have danced in my living room alone many times - and with my grown children when we get the urge!! I have even played it for my staff and danced with them (confession - I did just now when I search it out!!) here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0fYKguHFcQ Hey - Slimpossibles....let me know if you watched and danced!!! =>

@annliz23 and @debster634 - we welcome you to the Slimpossibles!! =>
    @Cornanda so glad to see you're checking in, I hope you and your family are doing well! Had a similiar weigh in this week, I am in veryVERY good company and I'm sure this tiny blip will pass (for both of us!)!!
    @Jactop I am so excited for you, it's really amazing to see the efforts pay off... => Very exciting to be close to such a major milestone!
    @its_cleo the shutdown is hard enough and having to worry about a douche in a meeting certainly would be the rotten cherry on top! Maybe he deserves your grumpiness if he brings the usual with him....? Let's hope he's too busy with is own thing to make the team miserable! I hope you get to see your trainer - I think if we can respect the distance, we could do some normal kinds of activities, if we're willing to make some adjustments. I actually work from home a lot and used to full time - I know from experience that the whole dressing thing can be a challenge for me. Shower and teeth were first this morning and I'm committing to me for this week to keep that up. I don't need to worry about a lifetime habit today, I'm ok to take it a week at a time.
    @TeresaW1020 funny and timely - I'm working to dress in time for a noon walk, I even change into fresh jammies after a morning shower! Glad you got out today, it certainly has a sweeter feel than it did just days ago....it's become a precious commodity. I had a literal LOL about the chicken feet, and I have found my fellow human beings to be very charming when I'm out, seems we're all kinda happy to see one another.

Cheers team - be well, be kind to yourself and those around you. Take care of your health as much as you can so that resources are freed up to help those who could not do that.
  • Debster634
    Debster634 Posts: 53 Member
    Hey Slimpossibles, Deb here. Thanks for welcoming me. I'm joining you for the April chaĺlenge. I have to admit, it makes me a bit anxious to join, as I'm not great at sticking with things. I will try though so I don't let the team down.
    So, I'm in my 50's and really have had a goal to lose weight FOREVER. I figured that I'd better do something to find some motivation during this isolation - Netflix and eating isn't going to make my butt smaller! Haha. I live in Ontario and usually go for a hike on the weekend with friends, but that's about it for exercise. I make my monthly charitable donation to a gym though! I'm planning on walking every day now and I do have some weights in the basement. Once I start an exercise routine, it tends to help prevent me from burying my face in a bag of chips until every last crumb is gone. I'll at least leave a few. I look forward to meeting everyone and seeing how we do!
  • nbbaby
    nbbaby Posts: 202 Member
    nnbaby
    Week 4
    Monday
    PW: 214.1
    CW: 214.4
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    @annliz23 and @debster634 Welcome to Slimpossibles!

@Jactop yay, another pound down!

Looks like most of the group's maintaining, wtg! Those that are up, you got this!

@Debster634 I'm glad you've joined in! You're not letting us down, the most important thing is you making healthy changes for yourself. I was worried when I joined and my weight would go up that the team would be upset with me but it's not like that at all. I know what you mean about the monthly donation, I did that for years not going but started finally using it last year. I can post some You Tube workouts to do with dumbbells if you're interested.

@raleighgirl09 What a fun and positive song!

@its_cleo You did amazing on your daily goals, wtg! I'm sorry you're feeling anxious, I hope you found some way to channel it that helped.

• Katmary71
    Monday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- dance/walk, abs, yoga, arms
    Water- over

Habits
    Weights 3xs a week- arms down 1, won't be able to do legs tomorrow I don't think
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Strength/yoga- done
    Decluttering/cleaning- none today
    Recipe- still working on maple dijon chicken, again it ended up all dried out, I'm eating the chicken cold tomorrow night so it doesn't dry out in the oven, it's not worth the calories eating something like that otherwise. It's the only thing aside of having to use oil with popcorn that's irritating me about not being able to get a new microwave right now.
    10,000 steps- done

I'm not even sure I want to share this, I'm not sharing it anywhere else. My back's doing better but my calves are swollen (not majorly, just lots of pressure and some leg spasms) and causing problems. I think it's because I've been trying to get 20,000 steps and also have been doing more working out than usual to stay distracted. My legs were tired a couple days ago but I thought the combo yesterday was because of my back and the nerve damage being worse. I've been up the last two nights with it and have my legs up on the coffee table (usually rock to music while I come on at night, I have trouble staying still) and it seems to be helping some. An Epsom salt bath helped for awhile today too. This isn't something that's ever happened before from working out, my legs and feet were gigantic when I was at the ER diagnosed with diabetes a few years ago but they ran tests it wasn't heart-related. Anyhow, I'm a little worried physically about it and mentally working out helps me so much but just have to let my legs rest more.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @Katmary71, girl you have gotta slow down a little bit! 20,000 steps is a lot and working out more than usual is taking a toll on your body. Please take care of yourself! <3

@ Debster634, so glad to have you’re here! Don’t worry about letting us down. This group is about supporting each other no matter what we are going through. I am also in my 50’s and have been working on losing weight instead of binging on Netflix and eating chips. What are your favorite shows to watch? :)

@raleighgirl09, LOVE your overall thought on staying healthy for your family and society and to not be a drain valuable resource. I feel the same way! I told my DH that it isn’t the virus that I worry about catching but that none of us need to catch anything at this time.

@Jactop, wow you are soooo close to Onderland!! Keep it up and you will get there! B)

Hey everyone! Another day of quarantine fun of watching the news, working a jigsaw puzzle and doing a little housework. I did do a workout and have been trying hard to stay out of the kitchen. I’m making chicken fajitas for dinner and that is motivating me to be good this afternoon with my snacking. I’m going to the grocery store in the morning and hoping I can find everything on my list. :)
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 689 Member
    raleighgirl09
    Tuesday check in

Hi all, Maria here from my much tinier world, these days.... => It's been a good day for my health and fitness - wrote and followed my food plan from food prepped yesterday. Water, sleep - all good. No overeating. Looking for a wash, rinse and repeat for tomorrow.

Going to see my mom after work on virus protocol - in the driveway and using a chair I bring, not getting any closer than 8 feet and we'll all stay outside. I've done some video chatting with folks and have found that it's fun to "have" a drink with someone that way! =>

@TeresaW1020 I don't know if you know this but when folks live on a boat and cruise, they look forward to meals a lot because often the sailing from point A to point B can be boring. I kinda feel like that now, we're looking forward to the smoothie for breakfast or the grilled something and salad or whatever for dinner, etc. Your fajita comment reminded me of that and was kinda funny as we now, with not really going anywhere, look forward to meals a bit more than we used to! =>

@Katmary71 glad you're taking some of a rest from the more hard core so you can heal up! Glad you like the song, it's one of my favorites!
    @nbbaby happy to see ya checking in, hope all is well with you and your family!!
    @Debster634 so glad to see ya! It's tough on a usual day, and those seem lofty from this view, but the support here is super helpful as you continue your journey. Continuing exercise is going to be one of the things I look back on as having been very helpful during this crisis - I really look forward to it and feel I actually need it in a way I don't think I have before.
  • Shoop69
    Shoop69 Posts: 48 Member
    Thank you for the warm welcome, team!

I'm also excited, but rather nervous to join up. I'm barely holding myself accountable to myself, let alone towards a group(!) so I thought this would be a good challenge to keep me on track.

I am an older gal, with a whole lot to lose (50y/233). I have shed 20lbs in the last 4 months, but with this whole quarantine thing and hubby working at home, I'm slipping... and what a slippery slope it is!

I am really enjoying reading the posts in this thread - I love how you all have made this community so fun and personal.

Bring on Sunday! woohooo!!

zws602lxb7gq.png
  • Katmary71
    Tuesday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- dancing, short weight routine, yoga
    Water- good

Habits
    Weights full body 3xs a week- two down, two to go
    Cardio 30 minutes- done. Had to do in spurts.
    Strength/yoga- done
    Decluttering/cleaning- same old stuff
    Recipe- finished the chicken tonight, thank goodness. I think I'm making roasted chickpea and broccoli burritos for tomorrow, debating between that and cauliflower tacos
    10,000 steps- did in between putting feet up

Nothing new here, I spent the day mostly resting with walking around or doing my workout in between having my feet up. Seems to be helping. It feels really weird to have worked out but not ended up covered in sweat, I'm not used to more mellow workouts. The weight routine was still pretty good though despite not having heavier dumbbells. My brand new can opener broke trying to make breakfast so I have pizza zuchinni instead, you can have a lot for low calories, I'm definitely going to get more zuchinni! I was so excited to get an automatic can opener because I'm left-handed and use a regular one upside down which feels weird. No microwave still either, someone up there wants me challenged when it comes to food! Luckily my brother had a second can opener so I picked it up tonight. It's weird staying way back from each other, not hugging my nephews, or touching things in their house. My one nephew danced up and grabbed the can opener and started swinging it around, I don't think he gets social distancing yet! It was great to be around people even if only for a little bit. Got a call that my therapist decided administration wasn't for her and she was available if I wanted to go back to her. I'm at the point where I don't have to see her anymore but the 6 week check-up to be told I'm doing wonderful is always reassuring so I've decided to stay with it. I'm video-conferencing with her in the morning. So glad I don't need to start with someone new! Last week the office was still seeing patients even for refills so I'm glad they've taken precautions now.

@raleighgirl09 I feel that way about the next meal too! I've been great about no TV or music when eating but no reading didn't last long. I usually grab a cookbook or magazine and check out recipes so while I'm eating I'm thinking about what to make next. Being stuck on the couch with my feet up has been pretty boring! I was either telling myself to wait to eat, trying to convince myself I'm full after a meal and can have a snack if still hungry in an hour, thinking about what vegetables need to be made next so nothing goes bad and finding recipes for them, and thinking of what I need to get at the store soon. Plus thinking of how I'd have to revise everything since I couldn't get into my canned tomatoes! Then I go online and when on Facebook half my groups are food-related!

@Shoop69 Hey, who're you calling an older gal, I'm only two years behind you! You're off to an amazing start, way to go! Is your husband also losing weight right now too? A lot of our group has lost a significant amount of weight, you're in good company. I hit maintenance in September and still can't believe I got there! I'm glad we all have each other during this time, it helps a lot even when not much is going on at home and things are stressful outside of it.
  • wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    Hope everyone is well,
    Monday weigh in:
    Username: wrknonmedaily
    Week 12
    Monday
    PW 227
    TW 230
    Sorry so late with weigh in. This house arrest 😏is getting to me. I am working from home but it seems like everything is off track. Home and work is 2 totally different worlds and now they are intertwined. I am trying to find a happy medium.
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    @wrkonmedaily are you able to go out for a walk where you are? I know it's hard. I'm on week 2 and I just feel blah.

@Katmary71 glad you could so a safe check in with your therapist. that's what I was doing- around every 6 weeks. Although now with one thing and another I haven't seen her since November. But it's ok for now. .....yeah you are definitely having challencges with the can opener and the microwave! I have to tell you , your picture of your pantry is staying with me because I think my kitchen isn't organized very well. So maybe I will spend some time on it.

@Shoop69 hey welcome! Yeah it's tough with this staying home thing. I've just switched to maintenance. Just trying to eat well and stay active and not gain. This is a great forum. I'm Canadian, in Ontario, 43 yrs old.

@TeresaW1020 what is your puzzle of? That reminds me I have one and it's 1000 pieces and I haven't done it.

@raleighgirl09 glad you were able to get some visits in.

Well I was going to try to see my trainer outside but the company he works for told him no.

So I'm not surprised and it's probably for the best.

I am sticking to my goals about 50%. Today I want to try to do a strength training workout. I would like to move for at least an hour.

I did walk to the grocery store this morning so that was some exercise.

Life has gotten very small. I have little bits of work to do. I read the news, watch tv. Tidy, make meals. Rinse. Repeat. This is week 2 for me, and here at least I think this will go on until the end of April. That's what I'm basically planning for mentally.

I do go out to walk or run etc.

Take care all.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Username: leonadixon
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    PW (2/28): 199.2
    Check in weight (3/4): 196.2
    Check in weight (3/12): 197.2
    check in weight (3/18): 198.2
    Check in weight (3/25): 199.0

The creep set in! Well, I am staying mentally pretty healthy in all this, so that is good. I am at work, so not been taking advantage of walking more like I really should. I am much more active at home than at work. I hope everyone is staying healthy :)
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,126 Member
    I am so sorry about my sucky attitude earlier. I am in a bad place mentally right now and I'm trying to snap out of it. My job has decided to let us work from home and I just have to physically be there one day a week. My boss assigned me Tuesdays. Michigan is under orders for the next 3 weeks, so I better take advantage of being at home. I was stress eating last week and that huge weight increase sure shows it. This morning, I started with a large cup of Prince of Wales tea. Pressed some tofu while I washed all the dishes that my daughter didn't do yesterday. Then I made some tofu scramble for a late breakfast and logged into work and did some boring stuff. Now onto laundry.

I'm hoping this time at home allows me to get some sorting and organizing done. Whenever things are cluttered, it angers me and it's all downhill from there.

Air hugs to all of you. Thank you for your kind words. Off to soak some beans for dinner...
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,572 Member
    Tuesday (Yesterday) Check-in
    Calories: under; all good, on-plan choices
    Exercise: no; got busy with family & volunteer things and ran out of day (picked enough sleep over stay up late and work out!), so that was my off day for the week
    Water: on track
    Habit Tracking
    - Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min) ✔️
    - Meditation (daily 2+ min) ✔️
    - M.A. Forms Practice (daily 2+ min) ❌
    - Exercise (6 x week/45+ min) ❌ (but will get in my 6+ for the week!)
    - Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily) ✔️
    Goals
    - Preplanning meals ✔️
    - Grocery shopping ✔️
    - Project work ✔️

Goals and Improvements for Today (Wednesday)
    Habit Tracking
    - Meditation (daily 2+ min)** ✔️
    - Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min)
    - M.A. Forms Practice (daily 2+ min)
    - Exercise (6 x week/45+ min)
    - Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily)
    Goals
    - Preplan meals
    - 10 K steps, mostly outside!
    - At least one "bonus" video workout
    - Project work
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,572 Member
    t92ljf2jvqqw.jpg

:star:Congratulations to all our Slimpossibles Step Challengers! :star:

Our high steppers for last week:
    1 - @Katmary71 with 179,901 steps (yes, even higher than last week!)
    2 - @raleighgirl09 with 85,794 steps (even higher than last week!)
    3 - @Jactop with 84,562 steps

Congratulations to all our Slimpossibles steppers! Together we logged 714,297 steps last week.

Happy and healthy stepping to everyone! :smiley:

Didn't join at the start of the month, but think a step challenge would help you stay in motion?
    Go ahead and jump in now!
    Walking is a great way to help stay healthy. Steps taken along with walking videos in the living room count! Outside walking is great; just be careful to keep to that "6+ feet away" social distancing rule.

JOIN: https://www.fitrockr.com:443/#!/join/league/5e42db924dbe5b0001973d73/c81a3fad-1c5a-450d-aef7-6dc1a64a3e7d
This discussion has been closed.