MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - April 2020

Options

Replies

• mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! You guys are doing so great!

Day 4/15
    Weigh in : week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 192.2
    Today’s weight: 192.2

Yesterday
    Calories: under
    Water: over/under : under
    Macros: off
    Exercise : 🚶🏻‍♀️

5958 steps
    2.54 miles
    2235 burned calories
    22 active
    81 sleep score
    60 resting heart rate
    1464 calories consumed

Basic Goal
    Workout: 🚶🏻‍♀️
    Complete diary : 🥙
    Hydrated: 👎🏼
    Below sugar goal: 👎🏼
    In fiber range: 👎🏼
    Self care: 🧘🏻‍♀️📚
    Breathing exercise : 🌬
    Sleep : min 7 hours 🛌
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Hey all

@Katmary71 that sucks about the blood pressure. Just before this shut down they did a thing at my work like an education session about how your heart works and blood pressure. I found it interesting. I tend to have 'low end of normal' blood pressure which I felt pretty good about, but now with this shut down I'm afraid it will go up.

Anyway gang I'm ok. Upset I've gained weight but not surprising bc I've been overeating a bit and have less activity because of the shut down. I'm trying harder this week to manage calories better and to move better. I saw my trainer yesterday via zoom and I just felt so out of shape and ashamed.

Anyway I'm doing the best I can with it. Went for a walk this morning for an hour, will try to do some strength training later but I'm pretty tired (up at 5 am) so we'll see how far I get.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Your yard/garden will be looking good with all those weeds gone! I need to find more of those disco workouts lol.

@TeresaW1020 Yes, air fryers are great for summer! I'm trying to make lemonade out of lemons over here ;) . You sound very motivated today!

@apple852hk That's a great idea, thank you I think I will definitely do that! I think it will make me think twice before digging into them.

Hello everyone! I'm motivated to have a good day today. Yesterday was a pretty good day, today will be a darned good day. What's the difference between yesterday and today? Today I'm going to focus on drinking enough water and I'm going to do an exercise video.

Calories: over/under: even
    Water: over/under under
    Exercise: Cleaning house.
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: Exercise video of some sort, 52 oz of water+.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    mmgaanmuth07.jpg

@trooworld - What a great day you had yesterday!
    Thanks! My lawn/garden is at least looking better. Not sure I'd do as far as "good" just yet! :lol:
    I love your focus on two solid goals!

@its_cleo - Sending you a big hug. I get being frustrated about having had an uptick. Hang in there.
    I love that you already went for a walk today! And a whole hour, too! That's a win! Yay, Cleo!
    Lots of people are struggling with being at home, but you got up and got moving today, despite that early star (5 AM - ouch!). S, please notice that you are actually making some great choices

@mrmcgrath - Woohoo! Looks like you are doing really well, too!

@Jactop - A hug regarding the weigh-in. And you will keep it up and get past that "2," you really will.

@Katmary71 - Arg. So sorry about the blood pressure.
    I can sympathize about the dance routines. Somehow being interrupted while doing disco cardio is more embarrassing for me than being interrupted while doing regular exercise. Flashbacks to junior high?
    I am so impressed that you still have VHS tapes AND a way to play them. There's some great stuff out there on VHS, I am sure!

I tried a new disco workout today. Not my favorite but I burned a few calories - here's the link.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    @its_cleo don't be too hard on yourself, with your Achilles hurting it hasn't been easy for you to work out. It's frustrating not being able to do harder stuff as well. Please don't be ashamed, that only makes you feel bad about yourself. I'm sure you're in better shape right now than you think. Just try to do a little better each day, even if it's only for one minute or one meal. Great job getting your walk in!

@AustinRuadhain I did one of the videos you recommended with Nick, I prefer him over Leslie's other walkers but they kept switching places. I received a text that irritated me before I worked out so I may have just been projecting, my internet crashed and I did a couple Leslie Sansone and she was a little irritating too! Out of everything I've tried I'd run and hide in the closet if I was busted attempting belly dance. Disco would be pretty hilarious too though! I was trying to find a fun one to Donna Summer's Hot Stuff and came across one with what looked like tweens, he was in love with the body roll so half the routine was body rolls, it was pretty fun. I'll check out the link!

• Katmary71
    Options
    Wednesday check-in
    Calories- under. My Fitbit gave me 500 more calories today, I had two dinners and still had room! I hope it's not some glitch!
    Exercise- Leslie Sansone videos, Sidney Cummings butt and abs, plank challenge, yoga
    Water- over

Habits
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Weights- done
    Yoga/core- done, though I'm getting a little restless with the plank challenge, been trying different ones but am not clicking with one routine.
    Decluttering- none
    Recipe- thinking of chicken enchiladas next
    10,000 steps- done
  • mrmcgrath
    Options
    Happy Thursday! Yesterday I did some walking, yoga and a fitbit coach get moving routine. Today’s weather is expected to be warmer and if it is, I will take dogs out for longer stroll.

I’ve been doing Noom for the past few months and I notice that one of my problems is...if my eating is on track, my exercise is minimal AND if my exercise is ramped you then my eating is off (Cadbury eggs, candy corn, Christmas cookies, etc) and now that I think about it, it is always around a special time. I am going to start working on a healthy balance between food and exercise.

Hope you guys have a great day.

Day 4/16
    Today’s weight: 191.6

Yesterday
    Calories: maintenance
    Water: over/under : over
    Macros: off
    Exercise : 🚶🏻‍♀️💪🏻🤸🏻‍♀️

5846 steps
    2.45 miles
    2404 burned calories
    31 active
    79 sleep score
    61 resting heart rate
    1848 calories consumed

Basic Goal
    Workout: 🚶🏻‍♀️💪🏻🤸🏻‍♀️
    Hydrated: 💦
    Sleep : min 7 hours 👎🏼
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Week 3 weigh in (16Apr2020)
    Previous weight: 178.5
    Current weight: 182.7

Ok gang - it has been 5 days since actively planning and eating 100% on plan. Interestingly, I have not been face down in ice cream or cookies or indulging in high calorie things but it just doesn't take much anymore to see a swing up in weight. I feel like this is a good bit water but the facts are - this is pretty much 4 pounds, no matter what it is composed of. But best to get animated at 4 pounds - and not wait for a 40 pound gain to take action!!! =>

The weekend was fine - did some work/work, did some shopping and sanitizing what I brought home (yeah, ya gotta factor time in for that!), did some cleaning and laundry. Drove to the coast Sunday and was working along on Monday trying to finish up a big project (a systems user guide) when I was called and let go in the early afternoon. Not very happy about the way they did it but was able to confirm that it was in the works for a while and related to the trouble I had with my boss. I am super grateful they gave me some severance and while I have not "planned" for this event, I have planned for a surprise one day so we'll be ok. Turns out there are lots of things to assess and bring into focus and take care of when one loses their job - who knew? => I think I have gone through the stages pretty quickly and am very happy to find that feeling sorry for myself isn't among the feelings. I have a lot to be grateful for and a lot of good in my life, despite the setback.

I did have some stress eating, though! So I woke up today with an 'oh crap - don't continue down this path' and made my daily plan already. Going out for a good walk soon - at least I did keep on walking. => I'll check in again later but wanted to get the weigh in done.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 Oh no! So sorry to hear about your job! Your attitude about it is amazing though.
    @vegan4lyfe2012 did you find those licenses while cleaning out drawers. Great motivation!
    @mrmcgrath would you be willing to share some thoughts about Noom?
    @TeresaW1020 Love that you are working so hard on your weight loss efforts. Fasting AND WW. Aweome! Avoiding candy- Amazing! Realizing you are the queen of excuses and pushing back on it- Excellent! I too am an excuse queen. I'm going to see if I can find that video you watched. I have not been doing as well this week. Skipped tracking a few days. Exercise good. Ate a bit much for Easter- weight is up (probably some salt factor there, but still, I deserve it). I'm tempted to not be good to myself right now, but I don't want to go there. Just have to get back to what works and stop making excuses.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Username: leonadixon
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    PW (3/25): 199.0
    Check in weight (4/1): 197.4
    Check in wieght (4/8): 199.0
    Check in weight (4/15): 200.6

Urgh.

Ok, I had my tele-meeting with my dietitian yesterday. She helped me get to working on getting my give a darn a tune up! I am going to start journaling my food again starting today. I committed to 20 minutes a day, 6 days a week of walking. Let's hope this is a good kick in the rear! She was happy that I have been basically been maintaining during this time, but I am not happy with it.

I hope all is going well! They did some furloughs here at my work, but I was not impacted. Thank God!
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    gwamajtw91
    Thursday weigh-in
    PW: 167.1
    CW: 166.4
    I have just realized that I am the lightest I have been since 2016....GO ME!!! :p
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Thank you! :) Yeah, I figure if I can knock out two solid goals, I'm doing good. If I overload myself with goals, I get overwhelmed. Keep working that yard/garden and it will be good! :) That's great that you tried a new workout video woo hoo!

@gwamajtw91 That's fabulous, congrats!

Good morning everyone. I'm feeling a lack of energy, I don't know if I am coming down with something or what, but I think, unless I rest up and get a burst of energy, I am going to take it easy today.

Calories: over/under: under
    Water: over/under under
    Exercise: ---
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: 52 oz of water+.
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 I am really sorry about your job. There is no good time for that, but now seems like an especially bad time. Also kind of awkward because of the shut down- did you have personal stuff at your physical office that you need to get?

@gwamajtw91 Congrats! It's so cool to see that old number on the scale and be wowed by it.

@Katmary71 thanks for the kind words. One of the things that has got me is my stamina/endurance. I do one exercise with my trainer and I'm ready to collapse! Any exercise I was doing was in smaller bursts 15-20 mins so that is why. I'm gradually going to increase it and try to do longer chunks of activity at a time with fewer breaks and try to get my stamina back up. ....and I totally sympathize about not wanting to be caught dancing! I would have done the same thing lol.

I think I did one of those LS videos with the guy leading. I really liked it, it was a bit faster paced.

@AustinRuadhain yeah the early start is a mixed blessing- I can get up and go out but I like my sleep lol. Fortunately the last two mornings I’ve slept better.

@trooworld I absolutely think doing goals in small chunks is best.
    Well I’m doing ok on cals the last couple days. Yesterday I also did some strength training on my own, mostly some upper body stuff for my back. But I tried to go for 30 mins with only short breaks ie 2 mins between every 2 sets. I also did some mobility work. My various aches and pains seem to be slowly improving.

Today I went for a jog. I really wanted to push it because I’ve been doing the same route over and over but given my tendon is healing I tried to be smart and not push too hard too fast.

Tomorrow I see my trainer, and supposed to connect virtually with some folks from my hiking club but we’ll see how it goes. I’m not a big fan of the zoom social stuff, it just seems awkward.

Snowing here in April! Just light flurries.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh In
    Username - bethanie0825
    Day - Tuesday
    Previous- 230
    CW - 232

I'm pretty sure I'm holding water as I've really upped my walking and starting running, again. I hope to catch up at work tomorrow night, my wifi at home doesn't want to stay connected and reading posts on my phone is hard.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @mrmcgrath Definitely that time makes food, especially sugary carby ones, harder to avoid! I don't know if this is the case with you but I found on days I worked out harder or longer I needed to eat more or else the next day I was hungrier.

@raleighgirl09 Oh no, I'm so sorry you were let go, what lousy timing! I'm glad you're feeling okay about it, it sounds like you're taking things well. Hope your walk was great and helped clear your head.

@leonadixon I'm glad your meeting with the dietician helped motivate you. Twenty minutes a day of walking sounds like great exercise.

@gwamajtw91 Yay, congratulations!!!!

@trooworld I hope you're feeling okay and not coming down with something. Hopefully you found some energy even if it was a rest day.

@its_cleo I've found in the "HIIT-type" videos if I keep doing the exercise they're taking a break from part of the time or march in place it makes a better workout. With Leslie Sansone I either keep doing the harder thing like knee lifts instead of walking and/or using more weight or adding light dumbbells to non-weight routines to up intensity. Using arms helps a lot too. It's not that I'm hardcore, it's that I have to do low impact and it's geared toward people new to exercising so I'm trying to find ways to do all this that doesn't worsen my chronic problems. I hope you get the chance to talk to everyone tomorrow, I'm not a huge Zoom fan but do really value the connection with others once it's started.

@bethanie0825 If you just started running again that definitely can be it.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Thursday check-in (can't believe another Thursday has come and gone, the month is half way over)
    Calories- had one calorie to spare
    Exercise- internet crashed at mile 2 of Leslie Sansone so I started another VHS one and did that, did arm weights from the better moves I remember from videos, plank challenge, ab workout, and yoga in the yard
    Water- over, finishing tea now

Habits
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Weights- 2/2
    Yoga/core- done
    Recipe- next up is chicken enchiladas
    10,000 steps- hit it with Leslie mid-afternoon

Not much new, bad tech day, internet crashed and Fitbit decided not to record my workout around the same time. It wasn't the best day to happen as I was dragging a bit. Doctor's appointment went fine, my doctor was called on an emergency so I saw a different one and she didn't want to put me on medication yet which surprised me. All my other blood tests show all the elevated problems are down aside of blood pressure. My grocery store can't keep garlic in stock of all things! People were super grouchy there today, running into each other, not saying excuse me, good half weren't wearing masks. I started out with a silk scarf around my mouth with a coffee filter but couldn't breathe and my glasses kept fogging up so I at least lost the filter. I usually don't mind shopping but am not a big fan of crowds, whenever it starts to stress me out I remind myself that I couldn't do my own shopping a few years ago and to be grateful but had trouble remembering that until the awesome cashier who said she loves her job made my day by being a ray of sunshine.
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Username: davors19
    Weigh-in week: Week 3
    Weigh-in day: Fri
    Previous Weight: 271
    Todays Weight: 269
    :smile:
  • mrmcgrath
    Options
    Official weigh in. 192
    Finally made it to Friday and it looks like pretty weather tomorrow and Sunday!

Day 4/17
    Today’s weight: 192

Yesterday
    Calories: maintenance
    Water: over/under : under
    Macros: Fat 🎯, others off
    Exercise : 🚶🏻‍♀️💪🏻

6482 steps
    2.72 miles
    2571 burned calories
    67 active
    83 sleep score
    62 resting heart rate
    1683calories consumed

Basic Goal
    Workout: 🚶🏻‍♀️💪🏻
    Hydrated: 👎
    Sleep : min 7 hours 🛌
  • mrmcgrath
    Options
    [quote="Cornanda;c-44918042"!
    @mrmcgrath would you be willing to share some thoughts about Noom?s.[/quote]

Sure. I do not like the food tracking module as much as I do mfp and I had difficulty getting my Fitbit steps to sync at first BUT I do like the daily lessons and the psychology behind them. It has really helped me dig deep as to why I keep doing what I am doing. Plus you are assigned a goal coach and a group coach and that has helped tremendously keep on track.
  • gunderw59
    gunderw59 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    username: gunderw59
    Weigh-in Friday 4/17
    pw- 240.2
    cw- 238.8
This discussion has been closed.